*~*~*~JuLy PAgaN FAmiLY CirCLe!~*~*~* - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 188 Old 08-01-2011, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsFox View PostMy comment about the taxes and mortgage wasn't so much about defaulting, but about losing out on that money.  The mortgage money you get back when you sell, but you'll never see the tax money again.  Think about how much you pay every year, and weigh that against your price drop.  If your taxes are, say, $4000, and you've already been trying to sell for a year, then you've shelled out $4000 that you'll never see again.  If you wait another year, that's another $4000.  So maybe in the long run it's worth dropping your price by that much to avoid having to pay that much in taxes, because you'll actually come out flush - $4000 less recouped in price, but also $4000 less spent for property tax.  Just something to think about.

Oh, I understand now. Well...but the taxes are taken out automatically and I never see the money either come or go. It's kind of like...I'm one of those people who doesn't care whether or not the government uses my money for free throughout the year, I like getting a chunk back in the Spring. I intellectually know that it's going and that I'm paying (or getting my money used), but I don't care if I don't see it-- what matters is what I can see in my hot, grubby fist lol.gif

Where is everybody? Happy Lammas/Lughnassad, all!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#182 of 188 Old 08-01-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

Love that idea!  I want to make one bigger than a hula hoop though.  Unless I make a number of them and secure them together. 

Ack, I'm screwing up the quote thingee ... anyway- this is a little different, but super easy and along the same lines: http://vintagechica.typepad.com/the_life_and_times_of_thi/2006/10/rag_rug_tutoria.html

It's just a basic crochet, and you can use any fabric, not just tshirts. I'm working on one made of old blue jeans.

Mama to my sweet boy O  age 4; baby girl lost at 13 wks, July '14 ~ I'm a nerdy, treehugging, polytheist lady and a professional herbalist.   Three candles that illume every darkness: Truth, Nature, Knowledge. - Triads of Ireland 
#183 of 188 Old 08-02-2011, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeckedyPeg View Post

OMG Heckedy Peg...I love love love that book!!! love.gif I don't know anyone else who's ever heard of it! The illustrations are just gorgeous.

So, we're lowering the price of the house by $1500, to start with. And we're advertising in different places. Cross fingers!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#184 of 188 Old 08-02-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsFox View Post

Are there any other Earth's Children fans here?  I just started The Land of Painted Caves and am feeling a little let down so far.  I'm hoping someone else has read it and can tell me it gets better as it goes along.

i just finished all of the books in that series! i even got my ds hooked on them.

i finished painted caves several days ago. i loved it. i can not say anything though cuz i will give it away. i can say that at the end i was left with a feeling of it being finished but i would love to read another book if she wrote one. but it does end the series well. i am sure you will like it as much as the rest of the books.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#185 of 188 Old 08-02-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

OMG Heckedy Peg...I love love love that book!!! love.gif I don't know anyone else who's ever heard of it! The illustrations are just gorgeous.

Yay! I'm so glad someone recognized the name!! My aunt gave me an autographed copy for Christmas when I was 5 and it was my favorite book growing up. My son just got the book Piggies by the same author/illustrators, it's beautiful.

Mama to my sweet boy O  age 4; baby girl lost at 13 wks, July '14 ~ I'm a nerdy, treehugging, polytheist lady and a professional herbalist.   Three candles that illume every darkness: Truth, Nature, Knowledge. - Triads of Ireland 
#186 of 188 Old 08-02-2011, 03:22 PM

HEY YOU GUUUUUUUUUYAAAAAAAAAS!  (yes, I've been watching Electric Company lol)

:)  Come over and join us in August!  :)

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#187 of 188 Old 08-02-2011, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeckedyPeg View PostYay! I'm so glad someone recognized the name!! My aunt gave me an autographed copy for Christmas when I was 5 and it was my favorite book growing up. My son just got the book Piggies by the same author/illustrators, it's beautiful.

Oh, I didn't know there was another one. My son's kind of outgrown picture books greensad.gif He's 10.5yo and he's way into fantasy chapter books right now. Mostly with animals. Anthropomorphic ones. I wonder actually if he's old enough for Watership Down headscratch.gif We did kind of make it a Samhain holiday tradition, for awhile, reading Heckedy Peg. He always said he hated it, but I love it and made him sit through it anyway till he got used to it hide.gif

I have thought about re-reading so many books...today I was musing on that. But there are so many I haven't read yet. Sigh. I love books. It's so hard to go to the library and only pick out one!

#188 of 188 Old 08-02-2011, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeckedyPeg View Post

Yay! I'm so glad someone recognized the name!! My aunt gave me an autographed copy for Christmas when I was 5 and it was my favorite book growing up. My son just got the book Piggies by the same author/illustrators, it's beautiful.

Well. DS just said "it was creepy, but I LOVED it". Hmm. Yay me, I guess!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page