September Pagan Circle - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 211 Old 09-20-2011, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

Maia- No, I wouldn't suggest painting it, but maybe there is way to blend it into the space more? Just thinking out loud since that was one thing I didn't want in a house, we have paneling in our last house and it was so permanent, changing paneling isn't an easy task but you can give it a different feel by bringing other colors, textures in. I know each person has their own style when it comes to a house...you wouldn't be able to please all syles. Sorry, I don't think I am being all that helpful.

I'm not clear on what you mean. I dunno-- it's not really paneling. It's the walls. If you take the wood off, you'd have probably sheet rock or whatever's under there. I guess you'd still call it paneling. What do you mean by bringing other colors and textures in?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#122 of 211 Old 09-20-2011, 06:23 PM

Wood panels were one of my "no way" things too... it's just too retro for me, and it's a big job to change (since you're right, it's the walls, and generally wood panels were put up in order to conceal problems with the sheet rock... kind of like a drop ceiling... you know there is something narsty up there or they wouldn't have put in a drop ceiling!).  To change the color or texture... something like a bamboo or fabric trifold screen, a large hanging of some sort (like a neutral quilt, drama drapes, or art house style collection of neutral framed prints) or a large plant and uplight that might add interest/depth.  Or staging the room so the feel is sort of rustic cabin (making the wood work for the look)?  If you google wood paneling you'll find a lot of sites talking about how to get rid of it or ways to minimize it before selling.

But all that said, different markets have different things that stand out.  Around here, wood paneling is a no-go but a single bathroom for a four bedroom house is considered normal.  In other markets, not having at least two full baths would be a kiss of death for a house.  So if the agent isn't worried about the wood, and is in fact pushing that element, then it may be a non-issue in your market!  Maybe just ask them about why they wanted it in the info, or what they think about it in general?

Random question- has anyone here had an induction?  Any tips?  I'm really nervous about tomorrow, in large part because it just seems wrong/surreal to walk into a L&D ward without actually being in labor.  I mean, what am I supposed to /do/?  Just sit there?  As a vbac they can't use pitocin, and unless I'm dilated to 4cm+ they wont do an AROM, so what?  I'm just really confused, and HATE being confused!  Especially about something this significant.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#123 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 12:27 AM

frikkity frakkity froo!

Looks like induction is moot... off to hospy as soon as my mom gets here.  Apparently my kiddos just like flirting with deadlines and waking me up in the middle of the night.  I am NOT looking forward to the car trip... these are can't walk/talk/breath contractions every 3-4 minutes. 

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#124 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Go mama go!!!

redveg likes this.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#125 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 06:04 AM

Morning all:)

Agree with revolting clay, go mama go!  How exciting:)

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#126 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 06:36 AM

Hooray for labor !  I hope baby is already in your arms, Clay.  Definitely very exciting!

#127 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 08:02 AM

Clay - sending you energy for a peaceful and beautiful labour, birth, and babymoon!

So much has happened here, and I have come to read often and realized, I haven't actually typed anything in a while.

I wanted to share something I read today in a marketing book. It is a Sufi saying: "Be the earth for your brothers and sisters. Hold them up as they walk their path."

Sending big squishee hugs to all who need them and a cup of your favourite beverage for those who need a moment to themselves.

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#128 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post

I wanted to share something I read today in a marketing book. It is a Sufi saying: "Be the earth for your brothers and sisters. Hold them up as they walk their path."

I love it! I am going to copy it, thanks for sharing:)

#129 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 09:06 AM

Thinking about Clay!

Love the quote.

Valérie   
#130 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View PostWood panels were one of my "no way" things too... it's just too retro for me, and it's a big job to change (since you're right, it's the walls, and generally wood panels were put up in order to conceal problems with the sheet rock... kind of like a drop ceiling... you know there is something narsty up there or they wouldn't have put in a drop ceiling!).  To change the color or texture... something like a bamboo or fabric trifold screen, a large hanging of some sort (like a neutral quilt, drama drapes, or art house style collection of neutral framed prints) or a large plant and uplight that might add interest/depth.  Or staging the room so the feel is sort of rustic cabin (making the wood work for the look)?  If you google wood paneling you'll find a lot of sites talking about how to get rid of it or ways to minimize it before selling.

But all that said, different markets have different things that stand out.  Around here, wood paneling is a no-go but a single bathroom for a four bedroom house is considered normal.  In other markets, not having at least two full baths would be a kiss of death for a house.  So if the agent isn't worried about the wood, and is in fact pushing that element, then it may be a non-issue in your market!  Maybe just ask them about why they wanted it in the info, or what they think about it in general?

Random question- has anyone here had an induction?  Any tips?  I'm really nervous about tomorrow, in large part because it just seems wrong/surreal to walk into a L&D ward without actually being in labor.  I mean, what am I supposed to /do/?  Just sit there?  As a vbac they can't use pitocin, and unless I'm dilated to 4cm+ they wont do an AROM, so what?  I'm just really confused, and HATE being confused!  Especially about something this significant.

Well- I know you won't read this for a couple of days, but people I know who have put in drop ceilings just like them; they weren't trying to hide anything headscratch.gif

But yeah, this is a touristy area and it also can be promoted as rustic, since it's the mountains. People with money put up log cabins (the expensive ones) around here. The living room and bath don't have the wood walls, just painted ones. It's actually very cozy. It does feel like a vacation cabin!

Induction--  I just had cytotec, and I hope to HELL they don't do that to you praying.gif

I can't wait to hear about the baby! joy.gif

I scored a pair of boots (probably not good enough for his work, but they're nice and in great shape) for M, AND a whirly-pop at the Goodwill for $3 each! He was talking about wanting a whirly-pop. Though he doesn't eat much popcorn at all. Those things are wicked expensive, from what I hear, and I've also heard they make the very best popcorn. And I also got a book for my mom for birthday (12/12) or Christmas, and a blank journal for me. Yay!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#131 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 10:19 AM

Clay- come out apple baby!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#132 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 12:18 PM

Clay I'm hoping that babe is already in your arms! 

I've had an induction with my vbac attempt and I was not in labor when I walked/checked in.   I did a foley cather with mine and since you're not to 4cm or I should say you were not yesterday that's the route to go.  That plus walking in the L&D unit for the majority of the night pushed me right into regular labor.

I did end up getting a low dose of pit after pushing for several hours as I was fatiguing in labor, but again it was a careful low dose which my MD thought was fine despite my c/section history.

I wish I had checked in yesterday to answer you quicker.   

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#133 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 12:30 PM

yay Clay!!!!!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#134 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 12:52 PM

Just popping in to check up.see if there was any word on Clay.  Also wanted to add if anyone here wants to be FB friends or Google+ friends message me and I will give you my account info. I try to get here at least 3 times a week but sometimes forget.  I am on the others everyday a few times:)  No pressure though

#135 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 02:12 PM

I want to hear from Clay!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#136 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 02:47 PM

me too! Come on baby!

Come ponder with me about food!
#137 of 211 Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 PM

hooray, Clay and apple baby!! here's to a slippery, healthy birth!! 

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#138 of 211 Old 09-22-2011, 04:04 AM

Checking in for any news from Clay...the whole community is excited for you! :)

I also got news this morning that one of my co-workers is expecting for the end of March! So excited for them!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#139 of 211 Old 09-22-2011, 04:13 AM

Holding my breath and crossing my fingers for good baby news!

In our news, we had a rollercoaster couple of days, in which our farm funding got yanked, then reinstated.  Long, long story.  What is comes down to is that we'll end up with some loans after all, but we'll make it.  I fear my relationship with my in-laws has been damaged in a way that will never recover though, which is too bad.  Oh, and the blog is up and running, but only has two posts so far.  Should be more rather quickly though.  Cúan Croft.

~Tristan~ malesling.GIF

Co-parent to Badger Boy with my beautiful partner Max.  

Photographer. Pagan. Pierced & Tattooed Punk.

#140 of 211 Old 09-22-2011, 06:33 AM

Morning all,

Just popping in to see if there is any news. 

#141 of 211 Old 09-22-2011, 07:26 AM

also popping in for news...

maxs: from the 2 properties we've bought and watchng other friends go through the process I know this...it's helacious...but worth it.  Stay strong, sister!! thumb.gif

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#142 of 211 Old 09-22-2011, 10:39 AM

Clay had her baby!  I'll let her give the details, though.  joy.gif

Aubergine68 likes this.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#143 of 211 Old 09-22-2011, 11:20 AM

Congrats Clay.  I am so happy for you and your family:)  Congrats!

#144 of 211 Old 09-22-2011, 01:03 PM

Woohoo Clay!! And welcome new baby!  Hope everyone is doing fine, resting easy and enjoying a well deserved babymoon!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#145 of 211 Old 09-22-2011, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yay, Clay!! Happy baby time!

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#146 of 211 Old 09-22-2011, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Okay, so, if there's a pagan ezine that has had 3 issues out, and I've had something published in each one... does that make me a regular contributor? biggrinbounce.gif

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#147 of 211 Old 09-23-2011, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome baby!!! And happy equinox, y'all!

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#148 of 211 Old 09-23-2011, 05:18 AM

Morning:)  Happy Autumn and to Cari Happy Spring:)  Two of my favorite times of the year.  Anyone doing anything special today?  I am putting off my plans one more day as DH is out of town until tomorrow:(  We will have a special family din din and some decorating.  The decorating will take up the weekend.  I hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

#149 of 211 Old 09-23-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View PostMorning:)  Happy Autumn and to Cari Happy Spring:)  Two of my favorite times of the year.  Anyone doing anything special today?

Nope. It was pouring rain, though it's not now. It's supposed to storm all day. Plus I'm on the weight-loss phase of the diet again, so not eating.

I'm having a really shitty day, already. I'm so bloody sick of ds's ADHD I could scream. Well-- no. I'm already screamed out for the day. I was screamed out within the first 20 minutes of the day-- before 7:30am bawling.gif What I am sick of is having stress-filled screamfests every freaking morning and evening. EVERY.single.day. I would just die for a peaceful start to my day, for a change. I thought after years on meds-- the counselor said he's supposed to learn skills while on the meds that he can take into the times when he's not on the meds. Instead, he's gotten exponentially worse (off the meds-- morning and evening) over the past year. WAY, way worse. I am so tired of standing over him and micromanaging. He can't handle ANYthing unless medicated. And hardly even then greensad.gif I feel like such a failure as a mom. I try so hard. I doubt things are ever going to get easier, either gloomy.gif Because ds has two alcoholic parents-- the stats are pretty grim. So I go from ADHD to alcoholism-- well, yes, I'm projecting. I really, REALLY hope not. But I sure can see myself sitting up nights, not sleeping, with him as a teen staying up high all night and making reckless, stupid choices.

#150 of 211 Old 09-23-2011, 07:00 AM

Long over due catch up:

Wolfcat - I would say YES!! that makes you a regular contributor orngbiggrin.gif

DOK - I read a review on the Secret Circle and I'll be honest, it makes me crawl back into the broom closet a bit since I wonder if this is how people will see witches (good, vs evil and all the Craft like).  I am sorry to hear the lack of sympathy in your community- seriously WTH is wrong with people that no one can offer a simple sympathetic smile or a word of kindness. 

Maxs- congratulations on the new property!!  I'm sure everything will smooth out between you & your ILs, purchasing property is such a stressful event and yours sounded like a doozy of a time!

Happy Mabon Everyone - Today our plans are getting over this nasty cold that we all seem to have. DS1 has had a croupy cough for the past week with fevers, DS2 fevers a bit of a cough and is just plain miserable.  I have a wonderful sinus cold and DH got the same from me.   Welcome to fall!!  I'll see if I can whip up a simple soup today for us and keep it going all day long. 

Maia - I can just offer hugs as I can't imagine the scream-fest with a child with ADHD.  We have minor scream-fests in the morning for us (because everyone is running behind) or DH gets on DS, then DS yells back, and then I yell at DH (double yuck!)   You are not a failure, you are doing everything in your power to help him, now he has to help himself and take some of the responsibility on.  hug2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page