September Pagan Circle - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 211 Old 10-02-2011, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostMs. Maiasaura:  This is why I will never be a realtor -- I get that the prospective buyer is supposed to imagine the space as their own but how is a scarecrow here, a leaf wreath there making it "YOURS"  --- blah.  (maybe it's just the northeast, everyone freaking decorates for fall here!!)  The lady I bought our house from had soup on the stove and her kids hanging out in the basement the first time we came to see the house so what the hell do I know about these rules!! 

Interesting about M and his daughter.  I suppose not answering is some kind of stand.  I know you likely want him to speak his mind and be honest about the situation but he didn't answer and say "okay, C can stay here" -  baby steps?  How did he introduce you when you met her?  Where did you guys meet for this introduction?  I hope I'm not asking too many questions but I'm intrigued.  

I'm going to ask her. We've been camping at a Pagan event for the weekend cold.gif (40* at night! Saturday was only 50ish during the day, and windy). Y'all-- Tuatha Dea is a fantastic band. Off to peruse their YouTube stuff!

M-- good POV, vydalea, thanks for the perspective. You have a valid point.

I met L (his dd) and D (his ex) and his 8yo grandson (M, also... named for M! heartbeat.gif) back in the summer. I think over July 4th. It was at M's apartment. They all came over for....hmm, some reason. They were gracious, as was I. They've all known about me from the giddy-up, back in November '09, but they were all very hostile to the idea. They wouldn't even entertain the idea of M with another woman, even though M and D have been divorced since....hmm, 2000 maybe? 1999? eyesroll.gif They're finally warming up to the idea of me, as in, it's obvious so far that I'm not going away, nor is this relationship going anywhere, but they still won't get together. As in, they want M to come over for Thanksgiving, but they haven't, nor do I expect them to, invite me.

Thankfully M doesn't even want to go-- he is very much the traditionalist with that holiday, as in, extended family around the table, huge turkey and veggies and what-not, pie, etc. and last year he said he was really disappointed because L and C were in the bedroom, probably getting high, D was in her room reading a romance novel, little M was playing, and he sat there alone in the living room. Plus what food there was, was either buffet-style, or eat it as it gets done cooking, whenever you feel like it. I agree-- that's not Thanksgiving. So I'm going there joy.gif And I am going to make a turkey breast in the crock pot for the two of us yummy.gif We can eat off that all the weekend!

I don't know how to carry over responses to the new thread, like Cari was able to do, so here y'all go. The last post of September smile.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page