Anybody read "The Moon Under Her Feet" by Clysta Kinstler - Mothering Forums
Spirituality > Anybody read "The Moon Under Her Feet" by Clysta Kinstler
umsami's Avatar umsami 07:06 PM 09-16-2011

It's totally fascinating story which tells the story of Mary Magdalene, Jesus, Mary, etc. from a Goddess perspective.  

http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Under-Her-Feet/dp/0062504975

"This feminist retelling of the conception, birth, life and death of Christ as narrated by Mary Magdalene may cause some uproar in Christian circles. Yeshua (Christ) is born to Almah Mari (the Virgin Mary) after her union in Sacred Marriage at the Temple in Jerusalem with an unblemished man who kills himself as a sacrifice for his people. Later Mari Anath becomes Magdalene, or High Priestess of the Goddess, and assumes co-rule with Jehovah, succeeding Almah Mari. Mari Anath follows Yeshua in the years of his ministry, despite objections from some adherents who call her harlot because they oppose the double worship of the Goddess and Jehovah and the equality of sexes that relationship implies.."

Totally enjoying it.  If anybody's interested and wants to have an online bookclub/story about it, let me know. :)

kvklay's Avatar kvklay 03:40 AM 09-18-2011

I read the reviews of this book, got 42 and 28 are good rating. considering to buy this

R.gif
cortinacolorado's Avatar cortinacolorado 12:14 PM 09-21-2011

I haven't read it in years, but I loved this book when I was in my early 20s and have been meaning to read it again... smile.gif

umsami's Avatar umsami 08:05 PM 09-22-2011

I bought it used because it was recommended...and I'm so glad I did.  Totally loved it. :)  I'd love to get some more friends to read it, but I'm going to have to loan out my copy one by one. 

Up