~October Pagan Parents Circle~ - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 217 Old 10-31-2011, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Valerie hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View PostThey don't want to play with him.  He loves girls but he needs to branch out and try to connect with other boys.

Oh, sad. Mean girls! My boy plays pretty equally with everybody, and they play pretty equally with him. His best friend is a girl, and she alternates btw girly-girl and tomboy (and sometimes both at once, if you can imagine), so they get along pretty well. MOST of the time. They're more like brother and sister-- and y'all know what that can mean eyesroll.gif

Blessed Samhain to all of you, as well! We had our ancestor dinner last night, ds and I. We put photos of my dad, ds's dad, M's parents, and my aunt on my mother's side. We made a mish-mosh of foods that each of them liked, and some that we like, too (hot wings lol.gif ) DS actually made it through a Dumb Two Minutes (looking at the timer for the last 30 seconds) lol.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#212 of 217 Old 10-31-2011, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Blessed Samhain all.... may our memories bring peace, may our shadows hold hope, and may we all find balance in the journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

the weekend went all wonky... dh had to go into the lab Sat so basically that whole day was shot,  We did what we could on Sun but we didn't even finish the "gotta do winter prep" stuff on the list, let alone the "wanna do crafty stuff" or the "kinda important for Clay stuff".  I felt so bad for DH...Sat was really frustrating for everyone, and then last night ds was a total monster to DH.  I mean, just horrible.  Crying and screaming and hitting and kicking and just being mean...all night long (well, from about 10pm till around 7am).  DH was actually in tears over how he felt like he was such a bad parent;/bad partner.  :(  It was a tough weekend for everyone, but really harsh for him.

The kids are driving me nuts too today with their obsessive picking over of their costumes.  Pick pick pick pick pick!  I'm going crazy!  I don't have anything ready for dinner tonight, we have no idea where we're going to trick or treat, and I'm going to throw the whole thing out the window the next time someone complains about or wants to further embelish their constumes.  LOL

Fingers crossed everyone has fun tonight.  We have to visit my mom at 8:30pm when she gets off work and since the kids usually go to bed by 8... this is gonna be tough!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#213 of 217 Old 10-31-2011, 03:46 PM

Happy Samhain! We celebrated with a service at church yesterday. We asked members to bring pictures of their loved ones, and we lit candles and called to different grains- flour, rice, millet, and corn. It was a very powerful service for many people and I helped lead it.

We didn't do traditional trick or treating at all, but honestly, I didn't miss it. We had fun with the cousins yesterday and Saturday was a party at the college. Not to mention the homeschool party.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#214 of 217 Old 10-31-2011, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We did trick or treating but nothing else today (weekdays have finite time, kwim?). We were going to do something yesterday, but things fell through. We will probably do something tomorrow, just talking with the kids about what Samhain means for us. Nothing too in-depth or ritualized (with a 1 yo and 5 yo?). I did a podcast on rituals with Pagan's Tonight, also... I'm a busy witch!

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#215 of 217 Old 11-01-2011, 06:31 AM

T-o-T was fun. DD2 went as a Fairy (was taken for an Angel most of the time). DS was a very handsome werewolf!

I didn't do any ritual beside having a small glass of wine and making a silent cheer to my deceased family members. I want to write a letter today... and burn it in the fireplace.

Valérie   
#216 of 217 Old 11-01-2011, 06:58 AM

We went Trick or Treating. My son-- MY son, mind you-- said the following: "I'm tired. I'm done. Can we go home now? I can't wait to curl up in my bed" bigeyes.gif

I was like, HELL yeah! lol.gif

So we came home and the two kids spent some time trading candy while the mom and I had a cup of tea. They were getting way too sugar-high-overtired-wild so I sent them home. Slept like a log, and overslept the alarm! I think it didn't go off, and who knows why, but glad I got ds off to school on time. I think we'll both go to bed early tonight.

I don't know why but we've both been feeling Christmassy early-- I think over the next couple days, I'm going to clean, really clean, to get ready, and then start decorating. It's November! Time to start a new thread! 16 days till my birthday, and 22 days till I see M again! joy.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#217 of 217 Old 11-01-2011, 07:03 AM

Started a new thread! I don't know how to link to it, though, so y'all will have to go searching orngtongue.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page