psychic, intuitive, or gifted children - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 10-24-2011, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would like to hear from parents that have psychic/intuitive/gifted children.  I have recently been called to start a service working with families who have gifted children.  Does your child have predictive dreams? Does he tell you about a previous life? Can she see ghosts?  What  kind of support would you like to help you be the best parent you can for your gifted child? What are your hopes, fears, challenges, or questions? Thank you for your response!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-22-2014, 05:33 PM

My daughter has heard voices since she was three. She has also seen shadow people and been able to draw them. She has also seen a bright light flash and then close like curtains. Sometimes she says the voices are asking to speak with me. I've always felt a strong connection that somehow she is my grandmother... Tonight she said something isn't right. She wasn't able to explain much until she later told me she got a letter in her head that said something isn't right and at the bottom it said another letter will come. Her brain told her the letter will come tomorrow. I've taught her not to be afraid and to talk to whomever is talking to her. I don't know how else to help her. I know she is gifted. When my mind is clear and I push stress away I connect in different ways with people that have passed.
#3 of 7 Old 09-21-2015, 02:05 PM

Psychic Children

The psychic I have been consulting for ages now is very good and told me that we are all born with the "gift" it is just that some of us choose to develop it, some of us choose to develop it a lot and some of us do not bother. We all have different spiritual gifts, some can see spirits, some can hear them, some can read minds and so on.
Hence an experienced psychic who is older is more likely to be developed and be able to pick things up and understand them than a child, but a child can be one of those rare exceptions. The lady I consult is here webclairvoyant.com and does email and phone readings as well as face to face. She has a lot of celebrity clients.
#4 of 7 Old 09-21-2015, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
My mother is "gifted" and wished people had told her to not use her abilities. As such, she has warned us to avoid it as well. She hears voices of spirits, and has had premonitions through her dreams. When she was 12, she was forewarned of her father's death for six weeks prior to him dying, but could do nothing to stop it. She has said her abilities are a curse, or possibly even evil, but now that she opened the door, she has found no successful way to close it. Even though she can see things that will happen, she cannot change the outcome - which leaves her miserable.

All of my siblings have "gifts" of some sort. I personally have problems with spirits, but have avoided encouraging the situation. For me though, it's more violent. Things will fly off walls, or lurk and unsettle my pets, friends and family. Ignoring has been my primary way of diminishing the effect.

Please be careful in encouraging your children. It may seem cool to you, but it can become terrifying, or result in a situation that will affect their whole life, and not in a good way.

Stepmom for roughly 10 years to four fabulous kiddos: two boys and two girls. All of which are now entering adulthood.
#5 of 7 Old 10-05-2015, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmom View Post
My mother is "gifted" and wished people had told her to not use her abilities. As such, she has warned us to avoid it as well. She hears voices of spirits, and has had premonitions through her dreams. When she was 12, she was forewarned of her father's death for six weeks prior to him dying, but could do nothing to stop it. She has said her abilities are a curse, or possibly even evil, but now that she opened the door, she has found no successful way to close it. Even though she can see things that will happen, she cannot change the outcome - which leaves her miserable.

All of my siblings have "gifts" of some sort. I personally have problems with spirits, but have avoided encouraging the situation. For me though, it's more violent. Things will fly off walls, or lurk and unsettle my pets, friends and family. Ignoring has been my primary way of diminishing the effect.

Please be careful in encouraging your children. It may seem cool to you, but it can become terrifying, or result in a situation that will affect their whole life, and not in a good way.
DD remembers past lives. DS does very strong energy work. We encourage them to develop their gifts, and we help them do so, since both I and DH have our own gifts.
@oldsmom that's too bad about your mother. Precog isn't an easy talent to have. Knowledge can be painful, and precog often leads to the Cassandra complex: knowing but not being able to affect the outcome or convince people of the truth. I've seen a lot of people who can't turn it off, and that's the worst. The first thing I do when I get a new one (yeah, you can get new gifts throughout) is figure out the on/off switch. Being functional is a very important thing to me. These days the gifts don't usually help that.

However, between myself, DH and our friends, there are very few gifts that aren't covered, so there's always mentors to help with the details for our kids.

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings, and my writing (as Selina Wolfcat & Sarah Buhrman).
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
#6 of 7 Old 12-09-2015, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Ignoring it won't make it go away and you can find ways to rid yourself of them.

Making sure your kids feel safe confiding in you will make it easier when things go bad. I know a few people who faced NASTY things that they never "opened the door" to and had no way of preventing. One nearly died. Their parents had no idea and probably still don't because they didn't feel safe going to their parents for help with it.
#7 of 7 Old 03-17-2016, 12:38 PM

I think the most important thing is to let your child know you'll be there for them no matter what. This is true for any child to any parent. You could possibly keep a journal of what the child says to see if there is a pattern of some sort and what the gifts are.

All of my children are gifted in some way. I am gifted in several ways and have even taught others how to work with and become comfortable with their gifts.

As for the woman who didn't like her giftedness. Just because a person is shown things, that doesn't mean it's always to change things. Sometimes it's a matter of knowing just to know...not to fix. There is a difference and having a better understanding of what that means may lead to less stress and annoyance.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page