~*~**~*NOVEMBER Pagan Families Circle!!!~*~*~~****~ - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 220 Old 12-01-2011, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

I'm very short-- not even 5'1", though that's what I tell people. Probably closer to 5'1/2" so yeah, 125lbs wouldn't be a bad weight for me. I'd be happy to be in the 130s though.

Oh-- I have a dr.appt. for Wednesday next. I'm scared shitless, mamas.

You sound like my mom, she is 4'11 and a half.  She makes that very clear.  Good luck, I am hoping it's just a fluke and not something serious.  

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#212 of 220 Old 12-01-2011, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post

You sound like my mom, she is 4'11 and a half.  She makes that very clear.  Good luck, I am hoping it's just a fluke and not something serious.  

Well, if it's a fluke, it's a month-long one. I really hope I don't have to do meds, though. I have no insurance, I'm basically uninsurable because of my weird income, I don't have any in my budget for it anyway, let alone meds.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#213 of 220 Old 12-02-2011, 04:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Well, if it's a fluke, it's a month-long one. I really hope I don't have to do meds, though. I have no insurance, I'm basically uninsurable because of my weird income, I don't have any in my budget for it anyway, let alone meds.

You can get meds pretty cheaply at places like WalMart if you are ok shopping there. I know a lot of ppl aren't, but I get my script there for 1/3 of the price I'd get it at a typical drug store. I know some other stores around here (though none actually close to me) do similiar (Meijer and Marsh off the top of my head). So if you do need a script (*crossing fingers you don't and its just a fluke*) you can probably find a generic pretty cheaply if you look around. Thinking of you and hoping its nothing!!!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#214 of 220 Old 12-02-2011, 11:35 AM

Maia - At 5'1" or less and 150, that could be enough extra weight to contribute.  Are you eating salty foods, not drinking enough?  Stress can be a huge contributor too, and you are clearly under a lot of stress right now.  That said, your BP isn't all that bad.  It's on the high end of normal, sure, but still pretty normal.  Just because low BP runs in your family doesn't mean that yours will always be low, and just because yours is that high doesn't mean it's a problem.  S, address the possible issues, talk to your practitioner, and try not to worry too much.

I am so behind it's ridiculous.  I've been wasting away in TTCingville for the past couple of weeks.  A few more days until I can test, and regardless of the results I'll be back here more often for a few weeks after that.

We're doing the traditional Yule stuff this year.  We'll probably get out tree on Sunday, the 17th is Yule with our grove, and Badger will be down the 21st - 23rd for gifts and dinner and cookie making and such.  I don't decorate a ton, but I do bring in fresh greens, put up a tree, add some lights, and bake cookies.  When we have a permanent house and will never move again, I will probably collect a few more decorations.  I'd really like to find some kids Yule stories, but I don't think there are any.  The book stores greatly disappoint me at holidays.  It's always either super Christian or totally secular.

I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone else celebrates.  Maybe I can get some ideas for us.

Feral  transtichel.gif  Loving Wife and Helper to Wuff superhero.gif Mama to Honey Badger nut.gif and Owlet babygirl.gif Homemaker and Polytheist Quaker.      http://umblepiety.blogspot.com

#215 of 220 Old 12-02-2011, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View PostYou can get meds pretty cheaply at places like WalMart if you are ok shopping there. I know a lot of ppl aren't, but I get my script there for 1/3 of the price I'd get it at a typical drug store. I know some other stores around here (though none actually close to me) do similiar (Meijer and Marsh off the top of my head). So if you do need a script (*crossing fingers you don't and its just a fluke*) you can probably find a generic pretty cheaply if you look around. Thinking of you and hoping its nothing!!!

Oh yeah! I bet blood pressure meds are common enough to be on the cheap list. I didn't even think of that. Walmart and some of the pharmacies around here all have $4 med lists. I just didn't think of it because ds's meds are all not on those lists. Thanks for reminding me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralFox View PostMaia - At 5'1" or less and 150, that could be enough extra weight to contribute.  Are you eating salty foods, not drinking enough?  Stress can be a huge contributor too, and you are clearly under a lot of stress right now.  That said, your BP isn't all that bad.  It's on the high end of normal, sure, but still pretty normal.  Just because low BP runs in your family doesn't mean that yours will always be low, and just because yours is that high doesn't mean it's a problem.  S, address the possible issues, talk to your practitioner, and try not to worry too much.

You might be right...but usually when someone loses a ton of weight, their BP goes down, not up! Salty foods...I am Becoming Aware. I don't think I use that much, but I am now aware of every little bit that I do eat. I usually drink a metric ton of water, but I think I have been slacking some lately. My goal is at least 75oz a day. I don't think I have hit that yet today, but I know I am over 50oz. Stress--- yeah, that's HUGE for me. Huge. I thought I was doing well because I haven't had an anxiety attack in months, but I guess not greensad.gif

And actually, when it was taken at the pharmacy yesterday, the diastolic was <gasp> 95!!! Sheeeeite. Of course, I was freaked going in there; that didn't help, I'm sure.

Have fun TTC winky.gif I hope to have fun practicing (but NO WAY ttc!!) over New Year's! I don't know what's M's issue-- I strongly suspect anxiety-- but I hope I can keep my mouth shut about it and I hope he calms down!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#216 of 220 Old 12-02-2011, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Oh yeah! I bet blood pressure meds are common enough to be on the cheap list. I didn't even think of that. Walmart and some of the pharmacies around here all have $4 med lists. I just didn't think of it because ds's meds are all not on those lists. Thanks for reminding me!

You might be right...but usually when someone loses a ton of weight, their BP goes down, not up! Salty foods...I am Becoming Aware. I don't think I use that much, but I am now aware of every little bit that I do eat. I usually drink a metric ton of water, but I think I have been slacking some lately. My goal is at least 75oz a day. I don't think I have hit that yet today, but I know I am over 50oz. Stress--- yeah, that's HUGE for me. Huge. I thought I was doing well because I haven't had an anxiety attack in months, but I guess not greensad.gif

And actually, when it was taken at the pharmacy yesterday, the diastolic was <gasp> 95!!! Sheeeeite. Of course, I was freaked going in there; that didn't help, I'm sure.

Have fun TTC winky.gif I hope to have fun practicing (but NO WAY ttc!!) over New Year's! I don't know what's M's issue-- I strongly suspect anxiety-- but I hope I can keep my mouth shut about it and I hope he calms down!

No problem! My script isn't one of the $4 ones, but its only $10 a month compared to the $30 the drug stores wanted to charge me. So its still definitely a savings!

Sounds like anxiety might really be upping it. And the more you're getting concerned about taking it, the higher it is going. Also, I think you said you are low carb? What kinds of protiens are you eating? If there is a lot of red meat in there, that might not be helping things. IDK much about how low carb works, but you may need to add more high fiber veggies and fruits in. Just a few thoughts that passed through my brainie. :)

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#217 of 220 Old 12-02-2011, 05:50 PM

Maia, it might not just be that for him.  Alcohol itself can make things difficult.  The first days of kicking an addiction (any chemical, worse if it's multiple chemicals) can also bring about loss of sex drive and ED.  And by "the first days" I mean anywhere up to a year or more.  So if he's having trouble with either desire or ability, his alcohol use/quitting could be a major contributing factor.

Feral  transtichel.gif  Loving Wife and Helper to Wuff superhero.gif Mama to Honey Badger nut.gif and Owlet babygirl.gif Homemaker and Polytheist Quaker.      http://umblepiety.blogspot.com

#218 of 220 Old 12-03-2011, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralFox View Post

Maia, it might not just be that for him.  Alcohol itself can make things difficult.  The first days of kicking an addiction (any chemical, worse if it's multiple chemicals) can also bring about loss of sex drive and ED.  And by "the first days" I mean anywhere up to a year or more.  So if he's having trouble with either desire or ability, his alcohol use/quitting could be a major contributing factor.

I have thought of that. But it was intermittently happening before he quit drinking. What is ED?

Oh, and 3x-- I do need to add more veggies in. I'm also drinking more water and watching my salt intake, or, trying to.

#219 of 220 Old 12-03-2011, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Are we doing the card thingy this year? Clay? I know you are too busy to organize, probably. If you have the old list, maybe we can add the new mamas who want in?

#220 of 220 Old 12-03-2011, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Wait, why are we still posting in November?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page