Pagan Home Binder: Less stress, less mess, more me time - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 11-14-2011, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Other than We'Moon, any really good lunar calendar - I want daily moon, not just the full, new and quarters.  I'd also like one that highlighted astromical events (Saturn visible 2 hours before sunset).  For that I'm okay with it being more text based but in a chronological order instead of a calendar grid. Any sources?

I also want to add an observations and events list.  First snow, Pussy willows bloom, First smell of cottonwood, First sockeye salmon in Small Creek, Aurora active, etc.  I

I like the section on Sabbats idea too with some blessings and meditations.

--Aeress, what is the link for the UUA website you used?

More ideas percolating...

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#32 of 43 Old 11-15-2011, 05:15 AM

probably not what you're thinking, liza, but i use this in my ical and in my google calendar:  http://pagancalendar.co.uk/

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#33 of 43 Old 11-15-2011, 05:47 AM

I have more than 5 minutes this morning to myself:)  I am going to try to catch up here this weekend.  I have all my supplies and was ready to go, then it seems like everyone around here needed something to get done asap.  I so need this binder!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#34 of 43 Old 11-18-2011, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Gals,

Liza -the UUA is www.uua.org

Google Calendar- great idea to add the moon cycles, I printed off a website I found and added it to my monthly calendar.

I have added pics to facebook, so will have to add here soon.

I have my planner done until January, but dh is laminating the months for me so I can reuse them.

I will update on Monday with additional ideas.

BTW- if you are on pinterest, it has lots of great ideas. :)

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#35 of 43 Old 11-18-2011, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm not pagan, but this seems like an awesome thread. I'm trying to fine tune my binder. 

#36 of 43 Old 11-20-2011, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Poetry Lover- please join, you can influence your binder in whatever way works for you.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#37 of 43 Old 11-20-2011, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

New section-

Home

Home decor

I am having trouble finding a good resource for home decor.  Of course to make your home work you, what influences and touches would you like to have. You could start a folder to hold print outs or magazine ideas. I like Cottage Witchery for some simple ideas.

Home Maintenance

http://www.myhomeideas.com/how-to/weekend-projects/home-maintenance-checklist-10000001731328/

the above link has a monthly home checklist

http://www.aie-ny.com/pdf/homeowner-safety-tips.pdf

This is a nice pdf

#38 of 43 Old 11-29-2011, 04:09 PM

How timely! I am just getting started on designing a Home Management folder, but am struggling with what to add. I will post again with some ideas and I have links to free printables too.

#39 of 43 Old 11-30-2011, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Gals,

I know this is a busy time of year, how are your binders coming?

Health/Safety/Medical information-

Create a list of meds (if any) for each person, include dosage amounts, instructions

Add a medical history portion

I also included the slips that come from the pharmacy

Babysitter Info-

Printables to come soon

Animal Medical Info-

Add any paperwork for your animals, like adoption records, vaccinations etc

if you have access to microsoft word, check their files to see if they have medical forms. Mine had a lot of great forms that I could use.

Glad to see people joining us.

Adding spiritual influences: What are you adding to your binder to fit your spiritual needs?

My treasure map is on notebook paper, so it will go into my binder so I can review it when I am looking through my day.

What about divination? Do you want to add a note in your notebook to remind you to use your runes or tarot?

#40 of 43 Old 11-30-2011, 09:29 AM

A couple months ago I read a FlyLady book which really inspired me to see my house cleaning as a Blessing not a chore (still babysteps on that one). And I wanted to make a “home journal” to keep all the lists and calendars in, plus a whole lot more.  I am just working on a daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule. It’s way lighter than FlyLady’s but similar. I even scheduled in Sunday evenings (when DH is away at a lodge meeting) as ME time.

Here is a link to a woman’s site who sells a year’s service for printable Home Management journal pages - tons of them. http://momstoolbelt.com/moms-home-journal She has different themed covers and pages for each season. The only thing is…. I don’t like the artwork. It’s just too country cute for me LOL But others might like it. I would love to put a seasonal cover page on my binder that had more of a magical flare. Any ideas there?

I have been mostly using the free printables at these 2 sites:

http://organizedhome.com/household-notebook/printable-pages

http://printables.yourway.net/browse-all-printables/  (These have a nice streamline look with all white background, which saves printing ink)

Right now I am printing off anything related to Holiday planning: gift ideas/lists, card lists, budget planner and calendar. The calendar is really helpful because we have family parties on different days for Christmas, Solstice events and rituals, plus our own family Solstice morning with stockings/gifts... It's a busy time!

#41 of 43 Old 12-07-2011, 01:51 PM

Thank you for this thread.  I have my binder, sheet protectors, and dividers all ready to go and waiting for me.  Now I just need to gather and print off my sheets to go into it.

familybed1.giffemalesling.GIFfly-by-nursing1.gifcd.gifknit.gif

#42 of 43 Old 12-13-2011, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

Hey did everyone do?

Is there stuff you are still missing?

Can I help with anything?

#43 of 43 Old 12-14-2011, 01:28 PM

OK... a meta question...

I have my original Pagan Summer Camp home binder.  It's huge.  And I love everything in it.  And I haven't used it.  Not even once.  It's fun to flip through, sometimes inspiring, but as a daily (or even weekly or monthly) tool it's a total dud.  I started putting together a more useful binder and... I see the same thing happening.  It just isn't useful.

So how are binders actually working for people?  HOW do you use them, or hope to use them?  Here's what I currently have, maybe you all can point me towards how to integrate it all with a binder?

~~~~~~

I have four children.  Each child has a slot in a filing cabinet where "their" paperwork goes (insurance claims, school registration forms, medical forms, etc).  We homeschool and each child has a tupperware style box that holds their school materials.  These boxes live on the bookcase that holds all the shared homeschool materials. 

There is a fire/flood proof strong box for seriously important papers (wills, deeds, birth cert/social security cards, tax forms, etc). 

I use the Motivated Moms home organization guide and print the week's list out and stick it on the fridge door every Sunday.  I write our weekly shopping list on that MM printout as items come up during the week, then when I put the new MM printout up on the fridge the old one (with shopping list) goes into my bag for the Tuesday trip to the store.  I also have our "price book" printed out on a single sheet on the fridge door next to the MM printout. 

A magnetic dry erase board on the fridge holds random "to do" items that are written in/erased at need.  A larger dry erase board on the kitchen wall has financial info (total debt, monthly payments, etc) as an aid to our "get out of debt" goals.

In my bag I have a small daily calendar, on the wall I have a standard calendar.  I've used crayon to color the days of the week with the standard Waldorf colors and filled in the various holidays, holy days, and full moons on both calendars.

My phone holds all the important numbers but I do have a backup print addy book with snail mail, email, and phone info for family/friends/professionals that lives in the previously mentioned strong box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooooo... my goals are to be more organized, less stressed, more spiritual.  I guess part of my problem is that I don't have a clear vision of HOW those goals would look on the ground.  And no clear vision of HOW a binder would help manifest those goals.  Kind of like buying an exercise dvd and then never using it (as if the effort of buying it is enough!)... I WANT to believe that a binder is a useful tool but I'm afraid I'm just making my clutter a bit prettier, or spending limited time/energy on something that isn't going to be helpful.

I really do love my Summer Camp binder... it's filled with songs and poems, crafts and ideas, blessings and moon info, recipes and tips.  But I'm not using any of that and the binder itself just collects dust on the shelf.  How does your binder work day to day?  Or is it not supposed to be a daily tool?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page