third eye opening - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 11-20-2011, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For the past couple days I have been feeling very strong pressure in my third eye area, yesterday during meditation I clearly saw an eye, an intuitive told me my third eye is about to open. Did any of you experience that? How did it feel? What changed after it happened? Please share your experiences, I'd like to know what to expect .

Joanna WAHM to DS 10/2007
You must be the change you wish to see - Ghandi
#2 of 15 Old 11-25-2011, 07:14 AM

I'm not surprised to see your post.   Astrologer in the house.  We have a lot of big ol' aspects coming up in 2012.  (And no,  I'm not talking about the end of the world mayan calendar stuff.)

we're building towards a lot of stuff and i can see how third eyes would be opening.  Intuition is going up high.     Dreams are also going into hyperdrive.  

see the kind of promptings you get in the next month. 

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#3 of 15 Old 11-26-2011, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Expect anything. Some things I have experienced or heard that others' had experienced:

• illness
  • "hallucinations" (ie, seeing stuff not of this reality)
  • mood swings
  • headaches
  • pain
  • euphoria
  • tics, twitches, etc.
  • "growing pains"

The best way to deal is to stick to your normal routine as much as possible. Limit contact with people who are stressful or strangers. Eat healthy, lots of fluids. Learn to adapt to whatever new thing is coming your way. Try not to travel. You will be having "new experiences" right in your own home, so compounding that with travel stress will only make it more uncomfortable.

Enjoy! A whole new world is about to open up to you. LOVE IT! :D

I think Merc is going retrograde again, too.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#4 of 15 Old 11-26-2011, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post

Enjoy! A whole new world is about to open up to you. LOVE IT! :D

I know,I can't wait :)

Thanks for the advice!

#5 of 15 Old 11-29-2011, 05:29 AM

So happy about this change for you!! I have been developing my third eye or my intuition alot lately. It is really amazing. I have been seeing stuff that I can't normally see with my physical eyes. It is like all of my senses are wrapped up into one but with more senses that I can't even describe. One thing that has been helpful for me only journey is to realize that I am a feeler. So when tapping into my third eye, I first start by saying, what do I feel about this.
#6 of 15 Old 11-29-2011, 07:29 PM

oh my tell me more! ive only just heard of it, i could research it but i rather ask mama's who experience it, please enlighten me!

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#7 of 15 Old 12-02-2011, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

This is also interesting to me.  I have a chicken pox scar between and slightly above my eyebrows.  It's a deep white circle about the size of a pencil eraser.  Sometimes I feel it 'pucker'.  It doesn't hurt.

bellyhair.giftreehugger.gif     coolshine.gif      greenthumb.gif     read.gif
#8 of 15 Old 12-02-2011, 07:43 PM

The third eye, also known as the purple chakra, is a metaphorical description of the psychic or sixth sense.

The sixth sense can manifest in different ways; not just from person to person, but also from experience to experience. For example, I see past lives as visions - snippets of the past-life - with knowledge of the "story" along with it; like watching a scene from a movie I'd seen years ago. However, when doing psychic health diagnostics, it comes to me as a smell, but I know what the smell is, even if I don't ever remember experiencing it.

Another common situation is an increase in picking up stray stuff - thoughts, images, memories, feelings. It is difficult to distinguish others' things from your own. Experience and practice will develop this skill. Also, learning to block will be helpful.

The thing about sixth sense is that there is no way to verify the experience, and the only way to differentiate it from "imagination" is the feeling or faith you have in it. You literally have to constantly monitor yourself and evaluate if what you are experiencing is really a psychic experience, really yours, really something that needs to be seen/felt/experienced.

It can take days, months or years to learn how to deal with everything; and the learning experience is different for everyone. There is simply no way to summarize a guide for the transition, though experience can provide enough information to deal with most situations.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#9 of 15 Old 12-03-2011, 05:52 AM

I'm excited to see this thread! I'm still fairly new to Yoga/meditation so I'm eager to learn all I can.

Susan -- married unschoolin' WAHMomma to two lovely girls (born 2000 and 2005).
#10 of 15 Old 12-04-2011, 06:19 PM

So, I made this weeks podcast about this topic. I ended up including a guided meditation on it. Thanks for the idea!

#11 of 15 Old 12-09-2011, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Wolfcat, where can I find the podcast?

#12 of 15 Old 12-12-2011, 06:58 PM

The podcast link in my signature will take you to the main page. If you scroll down, you'll see an episode called "Third Eye Awakening".

#13 of 15 Old 12-12-2011, 07:38 PM

aw thank you so much redface.gif  fascinating 

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#14 of 15 Old 12-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Dia

Hey Wolfcat, I just wanted to tell you I listened to your podcast on this subject. Great stuff - thank you!

Mama to one amazing ecbaby2.gif
#15 of 15 Old 12-13-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia View Post

Hey Wolfcat, I just wanted to tell you I listened to your podcast on this subject. Great stuff - thank you!

Thanks! I'm so glad to hear when people like what we're doing there. :D

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page