The Traditional Catholic Fall/Winter 2011-2012 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 60 Old 12-06-2011, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Happy Feast of St. Nicholas!!!

Prayers for all who need them.

Catherinepraying.gif traditional Catholic mama to bikenew.gifjammin.gifdiaper.gif wife to an amazing man.selectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif

#32 of 60 Old 12-06-2011, 08:01 AM
JMJ

Happy St. Nicholas Day!

#33 of 60 Old 12-06-2011, 07:46 PM

Happy Saint Nicholas Day! This is what we did: DSC00582.JPG

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#34 of 60 Old 12-06-2011, 07:54 PM

Does anyone have any special plans for thursday besides mass? I was hoping to take my kids out of school and go to mass near their school but that parish doesn't have a mid-day mass. I found another one but we will have to drive to it. I was thinking of making these with the little ones but need to get some paint.

P&L I am praying for you and a safe arrival for your baby.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#35 of 60 Old 12-18-2011, 05:20 PM

we did end up making the blessed mothers and they turned out cute. DSC00590.JPG

PatienceAndLove likes this.

#36 of 60 Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey ladies.

Just wanted to let you know that the baby arrived 12/23/2011 @ 0949.

My water broke @ 0630.  He arrived after 12 minutes of pushing.

He is home with his adoptive family.

Thank you for all your prayers over the last few months, they are greatly appreciated.

Proud Catholic (30) and mama to V (10)
#37 of 60 Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the update, PAL.  I'm glad the baby arrived safe and sound, and I will keep you in my prayers.

#38 of 60 Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 PM
JMJ

Congratulations on your son's birth, P&L!  I'm glad to hear that everything went well and that you were able to find a good family for his upbringing.  I wish you peace in the process.

#39 of 60 Old 01-05-2012, 05:51 PM

Congratulations on the birth.  I hope you are adjusting well to the adoption!  Prayers for you.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#40 of 60 Old 01-06-2012, 11:25 AM

P&L congratulations on the birth. I am so glad you were able to reach an agreement with the babies father and that you found a wonderful family.

How is the new year going for everyone?

We attended mass on new years day at the cathedral in Santa Fe. It is so beautiful in there. My kids did wonderful (not always the case) but even the preast commented on our large family. We only have 5 kids but I guess it is just so much more than most now a days.

My baby girl is doing well. Almost 3 months now. Such a wonderful blessing to have her here safely.

#41 of 60 Old 01-08-2012, 10:29 AM

I am so happy to have found all of you ladies after a little bit of searching! I have only been part of MDC since early Sept 2011 and I joined because my third baby is due in May 2012. I am part of that DDC. DH and I are Catholic and I was hoping that I could find a good community of like minded women and I have found you and I am thrilled. I haven't had a chance to read through this thread yet and I don't have the chance now to introduce myself in more detail (gotta get DS down for his nap) but I hope to write more later today. I just have one question- because I am new to all of this, how can I "mark" this thread so I can find it easily. I guess it will show up on "my profile" that I wrote here and I can just click on that. Is that the best way?

My name is Lindsay and I live in Ontario Canada :) I am really excited about this!!!

With DH since May 2000 and Married since Oct 2, 2004.  SAHM  to DD (2006)dust.gif,DS (2008)   wave.gif and our newest addition a baby boy born on May 2, 2012babyf.gif.

#42 of 60 Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM

What you mentioned is how I always find the thread :-D

Proud Catholic (30) and mama to V (10)
#43 of 60 Old 01-08-2012, 04:32 PM

LinnieThree - I think when you post, it automatically saves the thread, then you look in subscriptions at the top of the right hand column.  If you want to save a thread you have not posted in, there is a "subscribe" button just under the title of the thread.  When I click it, it seems like nothing happens but it always works.  It just doesn't change color or give a "click" or any other indication that it was clicked.  

And welcome!!

#44 of 60 Old 01-08-2012, 04:33 PM
JMJ

Welcome, Lindsay!  I'm not sure what your settings are, and I've been around long enough that I'm not sure what is "default" anymore, but if you're not automatically subscribed by posting in this thread, you can click on the "Subscribe" link just above and below the conversation on each page.  You can then click on the "subscriptions" link near the top right corner of the page, and you can adjust your settings so that you receive e-mail updates about your subscriptions on a frequency of your choosing.

I also wanted to share that I had the opportunity to go to Mass recently where the priest had memorized the new translation and was really able to pray there prayers more than just read the prayers.  It was beautiful and deeply moving.  I can't wait until more priests get so comfortable with the new translation.

#45 of 60 Old 01-09-2012, 07:28 AM

Happy New Year everyone!

P&L, so happy to hear things went well with the baby. You've been in my prayers.

Glad to meet you Lindsay. DH has family in Ontario. Now that we're far away, we don't get up there ... ever ... but we really loved visiting. Someday.

Things have gotten to the point with my kids that I'm considering moving to another parish. Christmas Eve, I ended up carrying out two screamers right before Mass started, with both of them yelling "We WANT TO STAY" at the top of their lungs. It wasn't my parenting high point, let me tell you. DH and I also ended up fighting about it. He never comes to Mass and was just mortified. I don't think he'll ever come back ...

I've since heard from another mama that there is a Mass in town that is "just Mass" at the downtown parish. (I have been avoiding this parish because every Mass I've been to is either happy clappy or worse.) It would provide us with more "community," and apparently I'm not the first person to have problems with the priest at our campus center who doesn't want kids in Mass. Maybe at this point in my life, I need to get over my desire for a well-executed liturgy and just focus on exposing my kids to the life of the Church. It's in God's hands, right? Being a snob isn't helping any ...

Beth.
Trying to be a joyful Catholic wife and mama, and taking it one day at a time!
#46 of 60 Old 01-09-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsmiles View Post

I've since heard from another mama that there is a Mass in town that is "just Mass" at the downtown parish. (I have been avoiding this parish because every Mass I've been to is either happy clappy or worse.) It would provide us with more "community," and apparently I'm not the first person to have problems with the priest at our campus center who doesn't want kids in Mass. Maybe at this point in my life, I need to get over my desire for a well-executed liturgy and just focus on exposing my kids to the life of the Church. It's in God's hands, right? Being a snob isn't helping any ...

It is really hard to feel excluded!  I gave up going to daily Mass when I just couldn't take being whispered about by the old ladies because I was bfeeding my infant to keep her quiet.  I've felt very unwelcome with all my kids sometimes.  :(

#47 of 60 Old 01-09-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsmiles View Post

Happy New Year everyone!

P&L, so happy to hear things went well with the baby. You've been in my prayers.

Glad to meet you Lindsay. DH has family in Ontario. Now that we're far away, we don't get up there ... ever ... but we really loved visiting. Someday.

Things have gotten to the point with my kids that I'm considering moving to another parish. Christmas Eve, I ended up carrying out two screamers right before Mass started, with both of them yelling "We WANT TO STAY" at the top of their lungs. It wasn't my parenting high point, let me tell you. DH and I also ended up fighting about it. He never comes to Mass and was just mortified. I don't think he'll ever come back ...

Ugh.  I like "happy" Masses, but I abhor "clappy" Masses!  Growing up my family attended United Methodist, Baptist, Non-Denom, and Lutheran churches, and the clappy, vapid Baptist services rankled me to no end!  When my parents divorced, my dad returned to the Lutheran Church of his childhood, and I went with him.  I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Lutheran church, because it led me to Catholicism!

I'm so lucky that my parish loves children.  Our dear priest is 82 years old, uses a walker, and has the utmost patience with noisy little kids, as do most of the churchgoers.  No church I've ever been to has made me feel so welcome as this one.  I truly feel that I am Home, and hope I never have to leave it!  But being that our priest is 82, well, I can only pray that the one who replaces him is as patient and welcoming.  I'll pray that you, sarahsmiles, can find a happy (but not clappy!) solution!

On another note, our two babies will be getting baptised this month!  It has been a very stressful journey (Protestant family, you know) but it is getting done, and it feels good.

Thoughts and prayers for all of you!

Wife to DH from Mexico, and mother to DD (01/10); DS (09/11); and one on the way (03 or 04/14)  buddamomimg1.png

#48 of 60 Old 01-09-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_gooseberry View Post

On another note, our two babies will be getting baptised this month!  It has been a very stressful journey (Protestant family, you know) but it is getting done, and it feels good.

Thoughts and prayers for all of you!

Fantastic!  Welcome to the church, little ones!candle.gif

#49 of 60 Old 01-13-2012, 03:44 PM

I feel like I go through waves of time on MDC.. and those times usually are because of preganancy and DDCs ;) And... *surprise* being pregnant again means I'm back! And I really need/crave the spiritual side of things too! So glad to have a place to rest here. I hope to settle in and join up with you ladies!

So much to address from the past posts! My heart is *aching* reading about priests who are upset with kids in mass! I guess we have been SO BLESSED to have wonderful parish priests in that regard! Our current parish priest has specifically said during homilies that he LOVES to hear children during mass :) Once, a child was wailing during the homily and he mentioned how the child was "making a joyful noise unto the Lord!" :) I firmly believe that because we are a pro-life church, children HAVE TO BE welcomed with warm, open arms!

I'm a convert to the faith (Easter Vigil, 2002! I was welcomed into the church, our marriage was blessed and our oldest was baptized! Quite a trifecta!) and was Lutheran before (what I like to call "Catholic lite" ;)

And, as indicated in my signature, my husband will become a deacon! He has been studying for five years through a program our diocese contracted with St. Meinrad and 17 men from around our state (our diocese emcompasses the whole state) will be ordained to the diaconate this year! Most of them (16) will be ordained in May and then my husband will be ordained in August. To become a deacon, you have to be (among other things) 35 years old, but can be ordained a year earlier with a dispensation from the Bishop... and dh doesn't turn 34 until August! I'm thrilled beyond words for him because he has had a calling to the church for probably all of his life! He actually did attend the seminary for 2.5 years, but I'm what's called a "chalice chipper" and stole him away to marry me ;) .... This current pregnancy was a bit of a shocker since normally we just leave things like conception up to chance, we actually thought we would (for the first time ever) actively avoid pregnancy in December because it could really be an issue with his ordination! But... SURPRISE! And, it's a beautiful one too ;) Aaaand, luckily, my math was off for what a due date would be (I was thinking it would be August), but it's early September, which should be just fine since all babies thus far have liked to bake extra long and don't show up until 41 weeks anyway. I'm praying that trend continues!

And thus concludes my time on the computer for now! Peace and love to all :)

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#50 of 60 Old 01-14-2012, 06:40 AM

Welcome back, Judy!  I was received in '04, and my babies like to cook extra long, too.  Good thing, because I was 41 weeks when I was received.  DS waited another week before birth.

#51 of 60 Old 01-18-2012, 03:13 PM

My 4mo DS had to have an MRI today.  They had to put him under general anesthesia for it.  I was so nervous, because of the anesthesia and in fear of what the results of the scan would be.  I couldn't even be with him while they gave him his IV and put him under.  While waiting I taught my DH how to pray the rosary...he's a cradle Catholic and his mother prays the rosary EVERY DAY but he had no idea how to pray it!  How did that happen?!  Anyway...DS came through the anesthesia fine and his scan was normal!  So thank God!

Wife to DH from Mexico, and mother to DD (01/10); DS (09/11); and one on the way (03 or 04/14)  buddamomimg1.png

#52 of 60 Old 01-28-2012, 05:37 PM

My children were baptized today!

#53 of 60 Old 01-28-2012, 06:06 PM

Congratulations!  

#54 of 60 Old 01-29-2012, 08:29 AM
JMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_gooseberry View Post

My children were baptized today!

Congratulations!  That's wonderful!

#55 of 60 Old 04-10-2012, 03:26 PM

So I see this thread hasnt been posted to since 1/29.... Where's the new one, or is this it?

Mom of 7, ages 12, 11, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 18 months!grouphug.gif
#56 of 60 Old 04-15-2012, 05:18 PM
JMJ

I think we need a new thread.  I'm not sure where everybody went.  I've been missing my online crunchy Catholic mamas recently.  My son was born last month and Baptized on Easter.  We've been blessed recently.  I was wondering... if there are any other Catholic mamas still out there... if any of you have ideas on how to get together IRL with other Catholic families who have lots of children.  There are 3 other Catholic families that we're trying to get to know better, but it's difficult to find a place to share a meal with 8 adults and 14 children.  One family has a big yard and promises to invite everybody over for a barbecue when it gets warmer, but when it's not summer, what to do?

#57 of 60 Old 04-16-2012, 10:23 AM

JMJ,

I agree, a new thread would be great.  I wonder, would you be willing to post it and lead with your question?  Or if you'd rather, I can start one and you can repost over there.

#58 of 60 Old 04-17-2012, 06:49 AM

Waiting for the new thread... But!

My parish has an excellent moms group... What about bbqs at an outdoor park? Any of you have a large house? Parish hall available for a potluck?

Mom of 7, ages 12, 11, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 18 months!grouphug.gif
#59 of 60 Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyblessedmama View Post

Waiting for the new thread... But!
My parish has an excellent moms group... What about bbqs at an outdoor park? Any of you have a large house? Parish hall available for a potluck?

My parish has no moms group at all. :(  It is so frustrating, because our pastor and the "parish minister" will not have any Bible studies or groups if they are not attending/leading.  And we have two linked parishes, so they are very busy.  It's such an unhealthy situation.

#60 of 60 Old 04-17-2012, 07:11 PM
JMJ

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page