Reincarnation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-02-2011, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My DS is 22 months old.For months now he has been telling DH and me about a birdie he sees and asking us where the birdie went. Sometimes he will say, "In the window. Birdie in the window." I don't know exactly what this means. Wednesday morning he woke early asking where the birdie went.I asked him the birdie's name. He thought for a moment and said our last name twice, followed by his paternal grandfather's first and last name. We've only referred to his paternal grandfather as Paw Paw. We have one picture in our home of his Paw Paw and DS is very attracted to that picture.

DH then took DS to the computer and placed DS on his lap. He showed DS pictures of his father, pictures that DS had never seen. DH was silent and just listened when DS spoke. DS recognized his grandfather as a baby and young child in several different pictures, calling him Paw Paw. Again, DH said nothing at all.  There is a certain photo of FIL later in his life; when DH opened it, DS said, "I sorry, I sorry, sorry, uh hurt? uh hurt?" The next photo of him, DS said, "ah granny, ah granny, ah granny". Everyone called DH's paternal grandmother “Granny”. DH's father always referred to her as Granny to DH. When DH got to photos of FIL and DH's stepmother, DS said, "it kill, it kill, it kill". He has NEVER heard this word before. DH's FIL died of an overdose. DH was FIL's only child and they had a truly special connection.

Last night DS was playing around, bouncing on the bed and interacting with DH and me. DS said the following to us.

"I killed. I killed. I died. I alive again. Again. I came back. All better."

DS has never heard the word killed, died or even alive. He wouldn't have a frame of reference for those words.

We're trying to process this and would appreciate any and all perspectives.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 12-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I don't have anything very deep to add, just wanted to let you know that I read this and wow.  hug.gif

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 9 Old 12-02-2011, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If you haven't read the books by Brian Weiss, I'd recommend them, particularly Through Time Into Healing--I think you'll find a lot in there to help you process this.   For other scholarly works, you can check out the stuff by the late Dr. Ian Stevenson from UVA who studied children that remembered past lives. Another guy at UVA has picked up his work and is still writing about it, but I can't think of the guy's name off the top of my head.  :-)

ETA: When our DD was about the same age (under 2 years), she had a musical toy that played a few tunes and she'd flip through all the songs until she came to the William Tell Overture and play that one over and over again.  She told us that her brother used to play that song.  She's our only child so we always wondered if she was remembering another life. 

Mama to DD (06/30/07).
#4 of 9 Old 12-10-2011, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. This is feeling so heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post

I don't have anything very deep to add, just wanted to let you know that I read this and wow.  hug.gif

Thank you so much for the author/book recommendations. This is such a heavy thing for us to process. Thanks, too, for sharing your experience. One of my fears in talking abut this subject at all is that others will think me crazy.  :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffingirl View Post

If you haven't read the books by Brian Weiss, I'd recommend them, particularly Through Time Into Healing--I think you'll find a lot in there to help you process this.   For other scholarly works, you can check out the stuff by the late Dr. Ian Stevenson from UVA who studied children that remembered past lives. Another guy at UVA has picked up his work and is still writing about it, but I can't think of the guy's name off the top of my head.  :-)

ETA: When our DD was about the same age (under 2 years), she had a musical toy that played a few tunes and she'd flip through all the songs until she came to the William Tell Overture and play that one over and over again.  She told us that her brother used to play that song.  She's our only child so we always wondered if she was remembering another life. 

#5 of 9 Old 12-14-2011, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, what an experience! Kids can sometimes say stuff just because, but then they also can see way more than we can when young and I don't shrug things off at all.
#6 of 9 Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koalamom View Post

Wow, what an experience! Kids can sometimes say stuff just because, but then they also can see way more than we can when young and I don't shrug things off at all.

Because he's so young, there's no way that I could shrug the things off that he has said. But I'm at a much better place with it these days. I've accepted it more and I'm coming to realize that Christianity and Reincarnation can coexist. I've gone from being freaked out to fascinated. LOL I would still like to find people that I can talk to about it in real life, people who have experienced it. 

I came back to add that I was connected with Susan Gale from A Place of Light, in case others see this post and would like direction. She has been immensely helpful to us in understanding and processing this new knowledge. I know that not everyone encountering this type of thing would want to post on a public board about it, so I hope that what I've written is at least helpful. :-)

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.placeoflight.net%2F&h=qAQH-eJHR

#7 of 9 Old 01-11-2012, 04:24 AM

Most materials published on reincarnation centers around adults, people whose memories are often related through dreams or hypnosis.  There is very little out there that is specific to children, but Carol Bowman has done an excellent job at compiling research she has found in her book "Child Past Lives: How Past Life Memories Affect Your Child".  Her interest began with her own children, but she also relates research done by psychiatrist Ian Stevenson, who has published many papers on case studies of past life memories in children around the world.  The primary focus of her book though, is helping kids work through past life memories.

http://www.amazon.com/Childrens-Past-Lives-Memories-Affect/dp/055357485X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326283979&sr=8-1

You can also check out this forum:

http://www.childpastlives.org/vBulletin/

These folks take past life memories in children seriously, and may be able to give you more feedback on your son's experiences.

#8 of 9 Old 01-11-2012, 04:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kythe View Post

Most materials published on reincarnation centers around adults, people whose memories are often related through dreams or hypnosis.  There is very little out there that is specific to children, but Carol Bowman has done an excellent job at compiling research she has found in her book "Child Past Lives: How Past Life Memories Affect Your Child".  Her interest began with her own children, but she also relates research done by psychiatrist Ian Stevenson, who has published many papers on case studies of past life memories in children around the world.  The primary focus of her book though, is helping kids work through past life memories.

http://www.amazon.com/Childrens-Past-Lives-Memories-Affect/dp/055357485X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326283979&sr=8-1

You can also check out this forum:

http://www.childpastlives.org/vBulletin/

These folks take past life memories in children seriously, and may be able to give you more feedback on your son's experiences.

Thank you! I'll be sure to check that out!

#9 of 9 Old 01-29-2012, 11:08 AM

You are not crazy. Reincarnation is very real. Yes, I totally recommend all Brian Weiss's books. I just read "Only Love Is Real" the other day. Loved it. Was sobbing throughout it. Lol. I actually have quite the collection on reincarnation books and lives in between lives books. Look into Michael Newton's books "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls". Must reads! My old chiropractor let me borrow those books when I took my daughter in for N.E.T. for some chronic eczema that she was having and the original stuck emotion that was causing the eczema was originating from a past life of hers. After he performed the N.E.T. on her, her eczema was all gone that night. I loved those books so much, that I bought my own copies. Also, from my experience, any good psychic actually acknowledges reincarnation, even Jamie from the "Ask An Intuitive" forum here on mothering.com who did a reading on my daughter (I see that the forum is now close tho). I also have a very good psychic friend who is able to tell me 30+ details about myself and my whole family that she couldn't have otherwise known and she told me about a past life that I had with my current boyfriend. 

I was raised Catholic all my life and here living in the U.S. this is predominantly a Christian nation which rejects reincarnation. But honestly I never felt comfortable with it. I finally found comfort and assurance when I researched into reincarnation. You have to look to the Eastern religions for actual acknowledgement that reincarnation exists, or discover your own path of spirituality. But based on all my research, I can try to summarize right now what this is all about. We are all spiritual immortal beings (souls) who reincarnate over and over again here on earth (or other planets!) taking on  a physical body and a mind that merges with our souls, for the purposes of having different experiences. This is how we learn. Our primary goal is to learn how to love everyone. We all have our own "soul groups" which are other souls that we tend to reincarnate with over and over again, in different lives. We have to reincarnate in all kinds of different social statuses, cultures and backgrounds, because this is how we gain the full experience of learning to love. We can't just learn everything in one life. We incur karma in our lives, both good and bad karma, and again this is all about experiences...what we do effects others, so what we intentionally caused them, we have to now experience for ourselves if not in this life, in another life. So hopefully we grow and don't make the same mistakes again and just learn to always love.

We are all supposed to be born with "amnesia" so we actually don't remember our past lives. Because this is a new life, we aren't really supposed to remember the past lives we had. We are supposed to live in the present moment. But once in a while, children don't have the full amnesia. They just came from the spiritual world, so they can still remember what happened more easily than adults can.

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page