January Pagan Families - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 186 Old 01-31-2012, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm here, but I've been quiet as things are ramping up with DS1's school - MORE budget cuts for the next year which mean more teachers getting cut.  So many parents (including us) are getting geared up, meeting, plotting etc. to start the dog fight for this school. It's so emotionally exhausting.  Last night I ended up working a little water magick - big warm bath, cleansing salts, dropped in my jet stone to wash away the negative energy of the meeting.  Also a little chant which came to me after awhile: 

What's said is said

What's done is done

Time to close the door and

take steps to move on 

I do miss you all so very much and I think of each of you as I'm reading through my books I have from the library right now.  It is a three fold boon of pagan/witchy fun:

Phyllis Curot - Witchcrafting

Christopher Penczak - Inner Temple of Witchcraft

Ellen Dugan - Elements of Witchcraft 

blowkiss.gif

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#182 of 186 Old 01-31-2012, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

I don't have what I need to make candels but I have some bees wax so I plan on playing with it and maybe create a little goddess for my altar or the kitchen. :-)

Oh, that's a nice idea!  Once I get my counter cleared off I want to put a little alter on it. I may borrow this idea if you are ok with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Hey, welcome to hCG! I'm on like 20-something days on the VLCDs on Round 4. I'm down 18+ lbs thumb.gif

What is the HCG diet? Is it breastfeeding friendly? I need more information!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

I'm here, but I've been quiet as things are ramping up with DS1's school - MORE budget cuts for the next year which mean more teachers getting cut.  So many parents (including us) are getting geared up, meeting, plotting etc. to start the dog fight for this school. It's so emotionally exhausting.  Last night I ended up working a little water magick - big warm bath, cleansing salts, dropped in my jet stone to wash away the negative energy of the meeting.  Also a little chant which came to me after awhile: 

What's said is said

What's done is done

take steps to move on 

I do miss you all so very much and I think of each of you as I'm reading through my books I have from the library right now.  It is a three fold boon of pagan/witchy fun:

blowkiss.gif

I don't envy you fighting the school board. It deeply deeply saddens me that school budget is one of the first things cut. Sending you lots of light for that battle!goodvibes.gif

Ohh, I love Ellen Dugan! Her writing style is so casual and fun but informative. I've got a book out by Christopher Penczak as well, I don't remember the title but it's protection magick. Haven't touched it, its more for a friend than myself. Hopefully she gets what she needs out of it though. 

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#183 of 186 Old 02-01-2012, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View Post

Oh, that's a nice idea!  Once I get my counter cleared off I want to put a little alter on it. I may borrow this idea if you are ok with it!

What is the HCG diet? Is it breastfeeding friendly? I need more information!!

Borrow, borrow! :-)

HCG diet and breastfeeding... I haven't read anything about that but I personaly wouldn't do it because this diet is like a detox and I wouldn't want my baby exposed to the toxic stuff my body will get rid of. ;-) 

Valérie   
#184 of 186 Old 02-01-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Mamas...I am having the absolute crummiest night on the planet. I can't believe I am doing this, but....I have pulled out the biggest gun: I am canceling ds's birthday mecry.gif I kid you not. He's just reached the limit with his behavior. I just can't do this any freaking more.

(((hugs))) Oh it is such a difficult job this parent thing!  I have been in similar situations with my DD who can really test every last nerve and having me thinking my God what am I doing wrong.  I think the key is when my DD wants something the behaviour turns around  It's a miracle!!!  I use to let them, all my children earn things back because I sometimes felt I over-reacted, spoke out of anger.  I no longer do that.  If I say it too bad.  No matter how well you behave it's a done deal.  It just got to the point they would be wild, disrespectful, push all the limits, the punishment would come down and bang they were wonderful!  I was the one being manipulated and it got old quick!  Not telling you what you should do or shouldn't do but this is just what I did.  My Brother also took his son's Birthday away for his behaviour, wouldn't even let us give him the gifts we already bought.  We said happy Birthday and that was it just another day.  My DD really needs a firm hand and a strong punishment.  I always give a warning then it's done, except all the begging she does!  I feel horrible but the world will not tolerate her outburst and I just see her future sometimes as a terrible struggle unless she gets it.   Thinking of you and hoping for the best!  You know I remember when I was a kid if I even looked at my parents with what they called a smart look or rolled my eyes, the belt came off!  I would never do this to my children of course but I was semi good out of fear, my children fear nothing!  My only power is denying them things and sometimes when I am not valued for all that I do around here I go on strike!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#185 of 186 Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post Last night I ended up working a little water magick - big warm bath, cleansing salts, dropped in my jet stone to wash away the negative energy of the meeting.  Also a little chant which came to me after awhile: 

What's said is said

What's done is done

take steps to move on 

Love the bath idea. What is jet stone? I might need to get one for ds. But he can't seem to stay still in the tub yet and gets water all over the fake-wood floor, which is a really bad thing. So I have banished him to showers only.

Love the little chant! We might steal it! winky.gif

How do you like Witch Crafting? I loved it. Made so much sense. I lovelovelove practicality and efficiency. They are my goals of how to be, eventually!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3xMama View PostWhat is the HCG diet? Is it breastfeeding friendly? I need more information!!

Ohh, I love Ellen Dugan! Her writing style is so casual and fun but informative.

I dunno if I'd nurse during it. It IS 3 weeks or more of shedding toxins. But there is a thread over in Health or Weight Management that was started by Mary3Mama (from here, remember her?) and it is called the hCG SUPPORT thread, and it's awesome. Go read! Lots! I read and read and read before I started this whole journey. I am on my 4th Round, because I kept cheating and gaining weight back, but I am still 40lbs below what I was 16 months ago! 

I have never read Ellen Dugan, but I have to say, I was sorely, soundly disappointed in her in person. Went to a workshop she gave at PSG and she was so crass...lots of swearing and all. I am just not like that and I felt very offended at her demeanor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post(((hugs))) Oh it is such a difficult job this parent thing!  I have been in similar situations with my DD who can really test every last nerve and having me thinking my God what am I doing wrong.  I think the key is when my DD wants something the behaviour turns around  It's a miracle!!!  I use to let them, all my children earn things back because I sometimes felt I over-reacted, spoke out of anger.  I no longer do that.  If I say it too bad.  No matter how well you behave it's a done deal.  It just got to the point they would be wild, disrespectful, push all the limits, the punishment would come down and bang they were wonderful!  I was the one being manipulated and it got old quick!  Not telling you what you should do or shouldn't do but this is just what I did.  My Brother also took his son's Birthday away for his behaviour, wouldn't even let us give him the gifts we already bought.  We said happy Birthday and that was it just another day.  My DD really needs a firm hand and a strong punishment.  I always give a warning then it's done, except all the begging she does!  I feel horrible but the world will not tolerate her outburst and I just see her future sometimes as a terrible struggle unless she gets it.   Thinking of you and hoping for the best!  You know I remember when I was a kid if I even looked at my parents with what they called a smart look or rolled my eyes, the belt came off!  I would never do this to my children of course but I was semi good out of fear, my children fear nothing!  My only power is denying them things and sometimes when I am not valued for all that I do around here I go on strike!

Thanks, redveg loveeyes.gif

I did let him earn his birthday back, but in increments, and he had to behave nearly perfectly. He's not done yet. He has a sleepover this weekend that already got postponed once.

My point for him is to show him that he CAN act perfectly when he puts his effort into it! And I am trying to find a way to teach him that good behavior is its own reward...but I haven't got there, yet. It's just, he has always been so externally motivated. Gifts, presents, doing things that HE wants, like going to the skate park. I want him to see, consistently, that not getting yelled at/called down/sent out of the classroom/having things taken away is not necessary nor normal, nor does it contribute to self-esteem.

OTOH, I now have the new Wii as heavy currency orngtongue.gif

I would not, with a belt, but I have, with my hand, and may still. Though I'd rather not. Yeah, when I was a kid, I wouldn't have been able to sit for a week. Him, I could conceivably have him down on the floor with my fist over his face and he would still mouth off to have the last word. SO frustrating.

3 more weeks of this diet, for now-- I really, really hope to have at least 10, hopefully 15lb off by then. Then I go to M's heartbeat.gif and then finish losing weight, hopefully, when I get back.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#186 of 186 Old 02-01-2012, 02:29 PM

February thread is up!  :)

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page