Crunchy Christian Mamas in 2012 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 526 Old 08-18-2012, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Praise the Lord, that's awesome!

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#362 of 526 Old 08-19-2012, 11:46 AM

biggrinbounce.gifThat's great! Isn't the Lord wonderful!

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#363 of 526 Old 08-20-2012, 04:32 PM

Oh Nazsmum! That is wonderful. I had been hoping and praying that your car situation would be resolved.

#364 of 526 Old 08-20-2012, 04:43 PM

We had our first day of homeschool for the year today and it went great! It feels good that have that first day under our belts and I hope that the good start is a sign that it will be a good year too :)

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#365 of 526 Old 08-21-2012, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Hey everyone...Yes the Lord is Great...thank you for praying.

Homeschooling- I really enjoy learning w/ my son. I'm learning thing and sharing what I know. That makes me happy.

#366 of 526 Old 08-23-2012, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

I'm in the middle of reading Save Me From Myself by Brian "Head" Welch. He is one of founding members of Korn. He became a Christian in 2004. It is really cool to see how it is Jesus "calling" him out of the World and to Him. You can really see that it is the Lord at work in Brian's life. Really good book. Great to see the love of Jesus even for Rock starsguitar.gif

#367 of 526 Old 08-24-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John16n33 View Post

We had our first day of homeschool for the year today and it went great! It feels good that have that first day under our belts and I hope that the good start is a sign that it will be a good year too :)

We had our first day Monday. I'm starting year 4 homeschooling my 3 sisters-in-law, 16, 14 and 11 yrs old. First week down, what, 35 to go? Lol It's going to be a different year with the baby coming in the 2nd quarter this year. Really glad they're older and I've been working them toward this time for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post

Hey everyone...Yes the Lord is Great...thank you for praying.

Homeschooling- I really enjoy learning w/ my son. I'm learning thing and sharing what I know. That makes me happy.

My Mom really loved that aspect of HS us. She said she learned so much she'd either forgotten, never learned, or what was new. She is having her first year NOT HS since I was in Kind. in '84 so she's almost at a loss. I'll be starting our baby about the time the girls are all finished. This one will start when, about '16 or '17? The now 11 yr old will be 15 or 16, so she'll still be here I guess. The other two should be gone already. I probably have my last year with the oldest next year, that's kinda sad. mecry.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#368 of 526 Old 08-24-2012, 03:22 PM

I wanted to share the music that I have been listening to constantly of late. One of my dear friends from high school is the female vocalist on this album (the lead singer is her brother-in-law). The entire album is based on Song of Solomon and is just great, unique music, and some beautiful arrangements of words that will be familiar to us all. Anyway, the album is by Andrew Rose Gregory & The Color Red Band. I downloaded the whole album off of band camp, and I think you can listen to parts of it for free. It is really worth a listen!

#369 of 526 Old 08-24-2012, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

I love to read Song of Solomon. It is so powerful. I will have to checkout the band.

#370 of 526 Old 08-27-2012, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Who is your favorite person in the bible? (After Jesus)

#371 of 526 Old 08-27-2012, 07:37 PM

It changes all the time but right now I would have to say Joshua.  He just showed so much courage and trust in God.  I can't imagine the pressure he felt when God was like 'Hey Moses is dead so now you get to lead the people, hop to it let's go." You know?

-Meagan

#372 of 526 Old 08-28-2012, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

I think about Joshua. It must of have been hard. It would have made me crazy to incharge of so many people.

Myself I LOVE Joesph (in OT) He is so strong and takes all the "bad things" with grace and forgivness. His life touches me every time I read it.

#373 of 526 Old 08-28-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:

Who is your favorite person in the bible? (After Jesus)

I think it's whomever I'm reading at the time. I have been reading Daniel, so I'm sorry to see it end. Now on to Hosea, and ya, so it goes. I have favorite stories, favorite passages, but favorite characters, I just don't think I have one. :)

#374 of 526 Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

I love to read the bible and see the "backround" people. Like Elizabeth in Luke. I alway think about her around Christmas. What was she thinking with a husband whom could not speak and then he tells her she is going to have a baby??  OR Noah's wife and sons, Did think that Noah lost his mind. Then here comes the water.....That is the stuff I like to think about.

#375 of 526 Old 09-02-2012, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

The pastor and I had a brief "talk" about the letter. He said that he is talking to the elders about it. Maybe just. Maybe just this will move things in a good direction. 

#376 of 526 Old 09-05-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Is anyone ready for fall? I'm not I HATE Sept. I just hate it.

MrsKoeh- How are you feeling? Ready for baby?

#377 of 526 Old 09-05-2012, 04:00 PM

I would be ready for Fall if we actually had fall here.  Instead it seems like the rainy season is making it's appearance a little early.  It has rained the last 5 day straight :(

-Meagan

#378 of 526 Old 09-06-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:

Is anyone ready for fall? I'm not I HATE Sept. I just hate it.

MrsKoeh- How are you feeling? Ready for baby?

Fall? It's not even really close yet. Cooling off but not quite there yet. I love fall though. It's a little bla here though with the desert and pretty well no trees. Esp not around my house. Growing up in the Appalachian Mnts then in the Ozarks, it's just not the same AT ALL.

I'm tired today. Hubby was out working in the field with the hay until 4 AM so I didn't sleep well till after then. He says I'm silly. Lol  Other than that, doing well. :)
Ready for baby? Um, no. Lol I still have a TON to do.

#379 of 526 Old 09-07-2012, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter

FALL- Starts all the B-days...So that means see my inlaws and ALL of my family. We have a B-day every month till...NOW April. LOL

I hate Sept. So I keep my head down and try to make it though. Just remembered I have the LORDS SUPPER in two weeksbigeyes.gif I so forgot that it was this month.

Anyway Have wonderful WEEKEND everyone.joy.gif

#380 of 526 Old 09-07-2012, 04:59 PM

Oh don't talk about birthdays. We have a total (not all live here or need recognition) but we have 4 just this week. My MIL, 2 SILs and 1 BIL. Then the rest of the month, well, you should see the calendar. It's loaded. My Mom's bday too, and my parent's 40th anniversary this month. Next month, not much. Just our 4th anniversary and a SIL's 15th.  November, well, that's loaded. There's several including mine, the week before Christmas, then January has siblings and relatives on both sides.... Feb is hubby and his sis.... Ya. It never ends. But with both sides being big families (over 50 cousins not to mention 2nd cousins from over 2 dozen pairs of aunts and uncles, and a total of 18 siblings, with working on 2 dozen nieces and nephews, it gets crazy).

SO I feel ya!kid.gif

#381 of 526 Old 09-08-2012, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

John16n33- How are making out with finding a church?

What music do you moms listen to?

#382 of 526 Old 09-09-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:

John16n33- How are making out with finding a church?

What music do you moms listen to?

Mostly I like listening to talk on Moody, Chuck Missler teaching through books of the Bible or preaching.

When I do listen to music it depends on my mood. I like classical, some crossover classical singers, some country-style stuff (old, not new), oldies (from up to the 50's), songs and pieces from movies, sometimes just the Christian kid songs we sang as kids is fun too. :)

#383 of 526 Old 09-10-2012, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter

I really like all kinds of music. BUT the funny thing is I can't "get into" christian music. Most sounds like the 80's music and I hated the 80's and it's music. I have a friend that is in a christian band I HATE the music but I like him and we are friends anyway 2whistle.gif 

We had a really great guest speaker yesterday at church. This guy was really great. I wish that he would come every week. Anyway I'm hoping for a great week. I'm going to try to stay +. I have been down and need to turn around.

#384 of 526 Old 09-10-2012, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

nevermind

#385 of 526 Old 09-13-2012, 03:22 PM

Nazsmum, I here you on the Christian music! So, mostly in the car, I listen to NPR. When I want to listen to music, I prefer classical or classic rock, Texas country/folk, and great 60's/70's singer/songwriter stuff (like James Taylor).

Y'all were mentioning fall earlier? In theory I love the fall, but we don't really experience it on the Texas gulf coast. The most I can expect is for the highs to not consistently reach 100 during September. We have had a "break" from the heat this week with highs in the upper 80's/lower 90's. I would really love to live somewhere with four real seasons, so that I could wear jeans and sweaters and boots, and go apple picking, and drink warm beverages, and maybe get a little snow in winter. But I love the fall for the activities that we have! We love college football and go to all of the games of our alma mater. And I have always loved Halloween since my birthday is the day before it. And our family loves Thanksgiving and always has a huge gathering. And maybe, it really has to do with anticipating Advent, which is without a doubt my favorite church season. I love Advent candles and Advent music and participating in the Las Posadas. So, even though the weather will never be what I want it to be for fall, I do love this time of year.

Hope you all are having a lovely week! We have been really busy rearranging the house some and doing some cleaning out of closets in preparation for new baby (due in December). And I have had plenty of energy for helping sort and clean and organize, and even do some canning and baking just for fun!

#386 of 526 Old 09-13-2012, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

I have been a believer for 34yrs and really don't know much about advent. I'm going to try to celebrate it this year. I LOVE Chanukkah. We light the candles each night, read the word then say what we are thankful for. Last year it was right in the middle of christmas and it was a little crazy. This year it is earlier in Dec. I just love the light and reading how Jesus is our light.

DeeGee- Are you due the beginning or end of Dec?

#387 of 526 Old 09-16-2012, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Biblical- Yom Teru'ah (Day of Blowing the shofar)

On this day the returning exiles offered sacrifices on a rebulit altar (Ezar 3:6)

Ezar read the book of Law aloud (Neh. 8:2)

Traditional - Rosh HaShanah (the New Year)

Yamim Nora'im (Days of Awe) Day 1

When you seek me, you will find me, provided you seek for me wholeheartedly (Jer. 29:13)

This is for tomorrow 9/17

#388 of 526 Old 09-17-2012, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Don't know if anyone is around...BROKE my foot. Need your prayers. Please this is going to be so hard.

#389 of 526 Old 09-17-2012, 10:02 AM

Oh no, I am praying for a fast recovery!  What happened?

-Meagan

#390 of 526 Old 09-17-2012, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

I fell down the stairs...It is broken and I can't get a Dr. to see to till Thurs. greensad.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page