Crunchy Christian Mamas in 2012 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-05-2012, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

WOW MrsKoehn!!! You are really getting to the end. I will pray that baby cooks as long as possible. It can be hard it the end...BUT that is only the beginning and life is Never the same. So try to keep that in mind. Rest as much as you can. Sleep in. Spend some really good quiet alone time with your husband.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post

WOW MrsKoehn!!! You are really getting to the end. I will pray that baby cooks as long as possible. It can be hard it the end...BUT that is only the beginning and life is Never the same. So try to keep that in mind. Rest as much as you can. Sleep in. Spend some really good quiet alone time with your husband.

Thanks, I sure am! Thanks for the prayers! I do want baby to be here as long as needed. I am doing my best to rest, a lot of time vegging out on the PC on Mothering and other sites. Oh I try not to think about how much life will change too much. I know it will, I accept that, but I also am a really NONspontanious person and really love a schedule. I know that's not best for baby, so I'm going to have to let that go.

This week, not been a good time to spend with hubby. Muzzle loader season (ends tomorrow, thank God). He did get a deer Tues, we cut it up Tues, Wed and Thurs. That was sorta some quality time. It reminded me of the day before our wedding. We were doing the same thing, just at his Mom's house. Right up until rehearsal that's what we were doing!  Now he's been taking his sister out hunting. She's too young to go by herself but passed her test this past spring so she can go. In a way I hope she gets one, she comes back so excited just seeing one, or missing a shot - but she's let down too. I just don't want to work on processing another deer. Oy.

Next week is our anniversary though. We'll be spending just one night in a nice room in a hotel - then checking out to go to my substitute MW appt and doing grocery shopping. Lol But that will be nice for us to get away. Even if it's not for long or not far.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

Old 10-06-2012, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Happy Anniversary!!! May the Lord bless you to have many more.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Tishri 21- On this day, Haggi received a prophecy about the glory of the 2nd Temple (Hag 2:1)

Yeshua called all who were thirsty for living water to come to him (John 7:37)

Traditional- Hosha'na Rabbah (the Great Hosanna)

Old 10-07-2012, 01:55 PM

Happy anniversary, Mrs Koehn!

We are already having a great and busy October around here. Football game yesterday and another next weekend, plus two birthday parties that weekend. I am sort of grateful that my husband hasn't gone hunting in years, because that would be just one more thing to add to the fall - weekend trips away and deer processing. Oy is right! But we had some venison sausage the other day at breakfast and my daughter declared it the best sausage ever, so I fear we may only be a few years away from being able to include her on hunting trips, and then it would be hard to argue him going out and doing that. Quality daddy/daughter time, I guess? Although, I personally, could not do. I refuse to even think about what happens to our hens when they get too old and stop laying.

Just a few days ago was St. Francis Day, so today our church has a blessing of the animals. About to load up the dog and the kids in the truck and go enjoy the holy chaos. Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

Old 10-07-2012, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee 1873 View Post

We are already having a great and busy October around here. Football game yesterday and another next weekend, plus two birthday parties that weekend. I am sort of grateful that my husband hasn't gone hunting in years, because that would be just one more thing to add to the fall - weekend trips away and deer processing. Oy is right! But we had some venison sausage the other day at breakfast and my daughter declared it the best sausage ever, so I fear we may only be a few years away from being able to include her on hunting trips, and then it would be hard to argue him going out and doing that. Quality daddy/daughter time, I guess? Although, I personally, could not do. I refuse to even think about what happens to our hens when they get too old and stop laying.

Just a few days ago was St. Francis Day, so today our church has a blessing of the animals. About to load up the dog and the kids in the truck and go enjoy the holy chaos. Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

DeeGee- Where do you go to church? (If I might ask?)

Tishri 22- On this day, Jesus rebuked a self-righteous crowd and ministered to a woman caught in adultery (John 8:2;7:37)

Traditional- Simchat Torah (the Joy of the Law)

Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post

Happy Anniversary!!! May the Lord bless you to have many more.

Thank you! : )

Quote:

You know, my Mom is almost 60 and has really bad eyes and joints. She told me last night she's thinking about getting her hunting license when the youngest (almost 17) moves out of the house. I'm sorry, I laughed at her. She wouldn't even shoot snakes in the yard when we were kids. She would call Dad home to do it. I told her with her eyes, she would be DANGEROUS out there! Not that she's too old, my 65 yr old FIL just got one yesterday, but Mom just is just no hunter and in no shape to do it. I did laugh at her, sorry but I did.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Fall is here. It is raining and cold. Well at least it's not snowing;)

What a weekend. My mother in-lawdizzy.gifpastor installation and B-day parties! TO MUCH. But my husband was able to watch his football. Right now I'm just sitting here in my PJs and drinking tea. NOT like me at all.

MrsK- my mom is almost 60 and tells me crazy things all the time...So,laugh it's OK.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:23 PM

Nazsmum - We go to an Episcopal church. My parents grew up Roman Catholic and Baptist, and when they were married we attended a Lutheran church. Then for several years, my family fell away from the church. Eventually, we were invited to an Episcopal church by some friends and have been attending ever since. I was even one of those rare college students that made finding a church hinge and attending regularly a big priority. My husband grew up Mormon, but really fell in love with the music and liturgy of the Episcopal church when we started dating. We have been members there for about 10 years now.
By the way, happy to answer. I love my church!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Nazsmum - We go to an Episcopal church. My parents grew up Roman Catholic and Baptist, and when they were married we attended a Lutheran church. Then for several years, my family fell away from the church. Eventually, we were invited to an Episcopal church by some friends and have been attending ever since. I was even one of those rare college students that made finding a church hinge and attending regularly a big priority. My husband grew up Mormon, but really fell in love with the music and liturgy of the Episcopal church when we started dating. We have been members there for about 10 years now.
By the way, happy to answer. I love my church.

That is great for your children. Going somewhere that you love and for so long. I don't think that I have gone to one church for 10yrs. I really want my kids to go to one church for a long time. I just wish that I could LOVE the church. But with a new installed pastor I do have some hope. This pastor might do what is right?? OH Lord please.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Does your church do a Halloween outreach? What do you think about it?

Old 10-14-2012, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

hello!!

My daughter is baking cookies down stairs and it smells SOOOOO good!  What a great kid.

Nazsmum - How is the new pastor going?  that sounds like it could be really be an improvement.    Of course anything sounds like it could be an improvement over the last guy ;)  I have never gotten a new pastor a gift.  I grew up in the kind of church that did not fire the pastor.  They fire the congregation and get a new one.  We are on our third priest (well there wasn't one when I went there so we have only "lost" one) and am ashamed to say no one was feeling particularly welcoming towards our last priest when he came.  Not because he was bad but we were pretty miffed at losing the one before him.  Glory to God though!  Fr. S. is the most amazing person and i pray he never ever ever leaves.  I would be lost without him.  He is so dear to me ad the perfect priest for our little parish.    So no welcome committee was waiting for him.  Eventually we renovated the bathroom in his office.  which was a pretty nice gift from the congregation.  If you would like to welcome him with a gift I would say a gift card would be nice.  Perhaps someone that sells books/vestments/stuff to make his office his.

It has been a crazy month. I  have been working like a lunatic.  I have been sick for the last six weeks.  In the last five days I was told my wisdom teeth have to come out immediately.  My tonsils and adenoids have to come out right away. (and I do not have a friend in the world I feel comfortable asking to come and babysit me post surgery), my alimony has ended, my renters re moving out, and my ex husband is officially engaged to his mistress and she is moving to town.  That wouldn't suck too much but she insists on coming into the coffee shop where I work and I will not be able to say  "get lost".  i have to server her with a smile (too much.  that is just too much.)  pray for me.  I am gonna lose it.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter

lilyka- hug2.gif. You are always in my prayers. Honest.  I so wish I lived close by....COOKIES upsidedown.gif 

I will come back later.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:35 PM

Wow, I haven't been on here in forever it seems.  How is everyone doing?  I have been pretty busy between my school work and homeschooling Dd.  I also got a nasty cold last week that I pray I am recovering from.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

Old 10-16-2012, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Well I went to the Dr. Foot in boot is much better...Still in boot for 2 weeksgreensad.gif

The thing about church is the pastor needs to have some Holy hutzpah. He needs to stand up to that Sunday School and the elders. If he does that we will be fine.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

MrsK- Did you have the baby?? Are you around?

Have a great weekend

Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 PM

What do y'all think about the new look of Mothering?  It took me a minute for find this thread lol.

I meant to tell y'all about our service last week, we had a beach service and it was so fun.  Very informal, under a gazebo, and just a wonderful fellowship. I am really starting to make connections in this church, so I am feeling very blessed.

Can I please ask for prayers for my student teaching next semester?  My BIL was supposed to come stay with us but he called last night to say he was offered a great job that he can't pass up, now we are scrambling trying to set up childcare for Dd.  I have a friend who has offered to watch her but she lives all the way across the island (30 minute drive) but that means I have to try and get a spot in a school on that side of the island to make the trip worth while.  I tried to call my advisor today but she never called back, hopefully I will here back on Monday so I can see what I can do.  I need to graduate in May!

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

Old 10-20-2012, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

John16- I will pray. I will pray that your student teaching go smooth. When does it start?

Old 10-20-2012, 10:36 AM

It's supposed to start in January.  I haven't scheduled a school to do it at yet, so I am not sure exactly what date though.

-Meagan

Old 10-20-2012, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John16n33 View Post

What do y'all think about the new look of Mothering?  It took me a minute for find this thread lol.

I meant to tell y'all about our service last week, we had a beach service and it was so fun.  Very informal, under a gazebo, and just a wonderful fellowship. I am really starting to make connections in this church, so I am feeling very blessed.

Can I please ask for prayers for my student teaching next semester?  My BIL was supposed to come stay with us but he called last night to say he was offered a great job that he can't pass up, now we are scrambling trying to set up childcare for Dd.  I have a friend who has offered to watch her but she lives all the way across the island (30 minute drive) but that means I have to try and get a spot in a school on that side of the island to make the trip worth while.  I tried to call my advisor today but she never called back, hopefully I will here back on Monday so I can see what I can do.  I need to graduate in May!

The new MDC has got meheadscratch.gif I think I'm missing something.

The beach and Jesus. Who could ask for more. I so miss the 90's my good friend and I would go outside and just worship together, We would ROCK jammin.gifAND PRAISE. It was so fun and great. I wish that we could do that again.

Let us know about what happens w/student teaching placement.

Sunday School tomorrowbanghead.gif we will see if the pastor shows up in class.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Praise the LORD!!!bow.gif Great News about $$ I can't believe it. It is so wonderful. What a gift. God is so so GOOD!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:52 PM

hello all, I'm new to this thread, though i was in lots of the others :) have only skimmed over the last page, and i see new faces :)  

life has been keeping me busy and my message boards slipped to the wayside. we have a new pastor at our church and some things just seem different. not sure if i can say bad or good, just different, lol. i pumped for the last time last month and am still kind of emotional about that season of my life being over. (i kind of was holding out hope that as long as i still pumped that i could maybe get him to nurse). hoping that i can start getting back into the swing of things and that my hormones will get normalized etc sometime soon.

a quick intro is i'm mama to 3, married since 11-15-96 to my high school sweetheart. i used to be VERY active at church until i was put on bedrest with my last pregnancy and i still have not actually gotten bak to "me" yet, if that makes any sense. we've had a lot of medical issues between my immediate family and my mom and youngest sister. my baby sis's neurologist has her on 2 new meds to try to see if they help, but at this point, my mom is having to out her on "homebound" ed, and the teacher that was hers last year did not mesh with my sis- she just showed up, dropped off the work and said "i'll come back on ___ to pick it up. didn't really do any teaching. first prayer request if for baby sis. that the doctors have wisdom and can finally get to the root of all her medical issues. secondly for my mom and hub, my mom is having issues with her diabetes again, as well as her varicose veins- one of them burst open on her way home from work and bled profusely all over her car, living room, bathroom, and the bedroom, she has another couple of "bubbles" where it looks like it may happen again. my hub was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of months ago, and the dr is having trouble getting him on the right dosage of mediciane to keep him stable- we've suspected sugar issues with him for years (he'd have blacking out spells and get shaky etc) but he was enver actually tested w the gtt til this yr. all the rest of the time, they'd just do the reguloar finger stick to check what his level was. so my thrid request for hub, that his levels start to balance out. 

i have good news (for those that actually know'/remember me and our housing situation) we are now on a wait list for housing. the only downside is we won't be able to keep our yellow lab, so we're hoping that mil and fil will keep her since their dog thinks she is her mama. we'll have their answer on friday. if they say no, we'll start looking on petfinder etc for a GOOD home for her. the waitlist is likely a minimum of 6 months, so we should have more than enough time to find someone that will love her and treat her well.

youngest ds is doing well with his therapies, (he gets speech, ot and pt) his phys. therapist thinks he'll likely be done in less than 3 months, thoguh he is likely gonna need speech for quite awhile still. he's made HUGE improvements in speech, but is still well behind other children his age. ot is going well, and he will probably have less than 6 months more of it :) oldest ds is doing pretty well in school, and dd is as well- except for the issues we're having with her getting bullied. youngest is still very, very underweight, but he is also extremely active, so he burns off a ton of calories. i think i've rambled on enough for now, so ...

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
Old 10-24-2012, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

mom2tig99Nroo03- nice to see you. I'm glad that your here. I am praying as I read.

Going to a prayer meeting tonight. The church is doing a halloween outreach. So I'm going out. 

Old 10-24-2012, 02:56 PM

thank you much nazsmum, appreciate it much.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
Old 10-24-2012, 07:59 PM

mom2tig99Nroo03-  Welcome back! It's nice to 'meet' you :)

-Meagan

Old 10-25-2012, 12:20 AM

thank meagan :)

add'l prayer request pelase, for my mother and youngest sister's safety. this evening while my mom had my baby sis at her appt, my mom's apartment was broken into. (so sometimes after 430pm when my mom left to take her). not much was stolen- some game stuff (xbox and my sister's handheld game thingie (drawing a blank on what it is called right now) and the controller for the xbox etc, but i am concerned that whoever did it might go back while they're there in search of more. the neighborhood isn't that great, and my mom already has so much on her plate (and my sis has enough to deal with too- she is in high school).

my dd is also sick with a bad cold, and my oldest has been having some issues recffently as well that i am letting my fingers dfo the walking on trying to figure out what is going on,..

Old 10-25-2012, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tig99Nroo03 View Post

thank meagan :)

add'l prayer request pelase, for my mother and youngest sister's safety. this evening while my mom had my baby sis at her appt, my mom's apartment was broken into. (so sometimes after 430pm when my mom left to take her). not much was stolen- some game stuff (xbox and my sister's handheld game thingie (drawing a blank on what it is called right now) and the controller for the xbox etc, but i am concerned that whoever did it might go back while they're there in search of more. the neighborhood isn't that great, and my mom already has so much on her plate (and my sis has enough to deal with too- she is in high school).

my dd is also sick with a bad cold, and my oldest has been having some issues recffently as well that i am letting my fingers dfo the walking on trying to figure out what is going on,..

WOW! what a hard time. May the Lord keep your family. I pray in Jesus Name. Amen

I went to the prayer meeting. Only a few showed. I don't like Halloween BUT will always pray for people to come to the Lord. It is so sad.

Also sad is that little girl from NJ. We need to pray for children everywhere!!!! They are just under attack.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

What can we do about all of the children being killed? I so sad about it. The girl killed over a bike? What can we do??

Old 10-26-2012, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

oh my gosh!!  that is insane.  I do not know what to do other than pray.  

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:14 AM

haven't heard about a girl getting killed over a bike, but i don't really watch tv, and i didn't see anything online about it... i've seen a lot of suicides over bullying lately popping up though :(  my little sister is afraid to be at their apartment now :(

User Tag List