Crunchy Christian Mamas in 2012 - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-28-2012, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

The girl was from NJ. I don't know maybe it is just local? 2 boys wanted her bike and ended up killing her for it. I'm so mad/sad about it. 

We need to pray for the lost. I think things are only going to get harder.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

The storm is rolling in here. My friend called and said "it's the end of the world" Jesus is coming back. It's the END! This from someone whom WILL NOT READ the Bible. I don't get her. She is always telling me what the Bible says....she never read it for herself. What do you say to someone like that??

MY husband had to go to work in this. That is making me worried.

John16n33- How are you? You are in HI right? Something happened in HI? No?

Lilyka- How are you feeling? Are the 16 weeks over?

I might not be around for awhile we might lose power.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

praying for saefty for those dealing with issues from sandy.....

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post

MrsK- Did you have the baby?? Are you around?

Have a great weekend

I haven't had baby yet! I'm 39 weeks tomorrow, so sometime in the next 5 weeks is what I'm psyching myself up for. BUT I know I'll start to get antsy after the 7th comes and goes with no baby. Lol
I"ve just been SO busy and the internet was down a couple days so I just got behind and never got back up. The girls are on fall break hunting this week with their dad so I've got some time to myself! SCORE. I need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John16n33 View Post

What do y'all think about the new look of Mothering?  It took me a minute for find this thread lol.

I meant to tell y'all about our service last week, we had a beach service and it was so fun.  Very informal, under a gazebo, and just a wonderful fellowship. I am really starting to make connections in this church, so I am feeling very blessed.

Can I please ask for prayers for my student teaching next semester?  My BIL was supposed to come stay with us but he called last night to say he was offered a great job that he can't pass up, now we are scrambling trying to set up childcare for Dd.  I have a friend who has offered to watch her but she lives all the way across the island (30 minute drive) but that means I have to try and get a spot in a school on that side of the island to make the trip worth while.  I tried to call my advisor today but she never called back, hopefully I will here back on Monday so I can see what I can do.  I need to graduate in May!

I've only been on the forums but I like it so far.

I will pray for you! Hope it goes well. I did my student teaching in the Christian school of the church I went to (church also started the college so naturally it worked well). That was an incredible time of learning and memories. LOTS of work though. Hope it goes well for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tig99Nroo03 View Post

hello all, I'm new to this thread, though i was in lots of the others :) have only skimmed over the last page, and i see new faces :)  

life has been keeping me busy and my message boards slipped to the wayside. we have a new pastor at our church and some things just seem different. not sure if i can say bad or good, just different, lol. i pumped for the last time last month and am still kind of emotional about that season of my life being over. (i kind of was holding out hope that as long as i still pumped that i could maybe get him to nurse). hoping that i can start getting back into the swing of things and that my hormones will get normalized etc sometime soon.

a quick intro is i'm mama to 3, married since 11-15-96 to my high school sweetheart. i used to be VERY active at church until i was put on bedrest with my last pregnancy and i still have not actually gotten bak to "me" yet, if that makes any sense. we've had a lot of medical issues between my immediate family and my mom and youngest sister. my baby sis's neurologist has her on 2 new meds to try to see if they help, but at this point, my mom is having to out her on "homebound" ed, and the teacher that was hers last year did not mesh with my sis- she just showed up, dropped off the work and said "i'll come back on ___ to pick it up. didn't really do any teaching. first prayer request if for baby sis. that the doctors have wisdom and can finally get to the root of all her medical issues. secondly for my mom and hub, my mom is having issues with her diabetes again, as well as her varicose veins- one of them burst open on her way home from work and bled profusely all over her car, living room, bathroom, and the bedroom, she has another couple of "bubbles" where it looks like it may happen again. my hub was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of months ago, and the dr is having trouble getting him on the right dosage of mediciane to keep him stable- we've suspected sugar issues with him for years (he'd have blacking out spells and get shaky etc) but he was enver actually tested w the gtt til this yr. all the rest of the time, they'd just do the reguloar finger stick to check what his level was. so my thrid request for hub, that his levels start to balance out. 

i have good news (for those that actually know'/remember me and our housing situation) we are now on a wait list for housing. the only downside is we won't be able to keep our yellow lab, so we're hoping that mil and fil will keep her since their dog thinks she is her mama. we'll have their answer on friday. if they say no, we'll start looking on petfinder etc for a GOOD home for her. the waitlist is likely a minimum of 6 months, so we should have more than enough time to find someone that will love her and treat her well.

youngest ds is doing well with his therapies, (he gets speech, ot and pt) his phys. therapist thinks he'll likely be done in less than 3 months, thoguh he is likely gonna need speech for quite awhile still. he's made HUGE improvements in speech, but is still well behind other children his age. ot is going well, and he will probably have less than 6 months more of it :) oldest ds is doing pretty well in school, and dd is as well- except for the issues we're having with her getting bullied. youngest is still very, very underweight, but he is also extremely active, so he burns off a ton of calories. i think i've rambled on enough for now, so ...

Welcome!!!!

Quote:

The storm is rolling in here. My friend called and said "it's the end of the world" Jesus is coming back. It's the END! This from someone whom WILL NOT READ the Bible. I don't get her. She is always telling me what the Bible says....she never read it for herself. What do you say to someone like that??

MY husband had to go to work in this. That is making me worried.

John16n33- How are you? You are in HI right? Something happened in HI? No?

Lilyka- How are you feeling? Are the 16 weeks over?

I might not be around for awhile we might lose power.

I guess say something like, "Are you ready?" or "Yes He is coming, but this is just the storm for now. When He comes it will be faster than the storm rolling in. Maybe that's something you should think about? I'll be here to talk if you want to."  Just depends how your relationship with her is and what she can handle hearing.

Quote:

praying for safety for those dealing with issues from sandy.....

Here too for sure!

I don't have time now, but someone remind me to tell you a creepy story about my Agnostic Uncle's death. Really shows the power of God to me.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

Old 11-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My last day is Jan 6th.  :)  I feel guilty about it because I feel guilty about everything LOL  I had my review a couple of days ago.  I did well.  She seems to like me and I have increased sales by 25% in 12 months.  I mean really.  Awesome, right?  I got a $.20 raise.  Two dimes.   Yes, time to go.

What to say to your friend....for the most part I would smile and nod.  As for the end of the world if she was really worried I would tell her "hope your ready!"

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 PM

Don't feel guilty! I know though, I felt the same way when I left my last "real job". I have Crohns' and was just TOO sick to stay. I literally could feel my organs shutting down and I had been praying what to do. I had been wrestling back and forth, then in the shower one day I just KNEW I had to put in my 2 weeks. I only worked like 3 days of that bc I just was SICK. I felt bad and they really wanted me to stay. The boss tried all he could to make that happen but I just could not. I ended up answering phones for my Dad's home based business for the next couple years till I moved out and up here to marry hubby.

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

Old 11-05-2012, 01:37 PM

would yall say a quick prayer for my youngest peanut, he is sick :( icky cough, and fever, sleeping right now even though he hasn't had a daytime nap in quite awhile....

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
Old 11-05-2012, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Had NO power NO Heat...just got it back NOW.

I will come back to read later

Old 11-06-2012, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

would yall say a quick prayer for my youngest peanut, he is sick :( icky cough, and fever, sleeping right now even though he hasn't had a daytime nap in quite awhile....

I'm going to pray.

MrsKoehn- I'm praying for a quick labor and soon. I know that end is so hard....with family/friend asking and waiting.

Lilyka- Jan 6. Let come as fast as possible!!! 

NJ is in BAD shape and a Nor' Easter is on the way. We have power NOW but might lose it. I was fine without the power. The heat was another story. The Lord Jesus was with me. He was with us. Praise the Lord Jesus for He is Good.

CHURCH- Well I was crying. I'm going to have to find a new church for myself. I'm so sick of church. I find that most of what people believe is just so out there somewhere. It is all about stuff and not about Jesus. Jesus needs to be head of His church again. 

OK! I'm going now. Blessings to all.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:

Sure did, hope he's better soon!

Quote:

MrsKoehn- I'm praying for a quick labor and soon. I know that end is so hard....with family/friend asking and waiting.

NJ is in BAD shape and a Nor' Easter is on the way. We have power NOW but might lose it. I was fine without the power. The heat was another story. The Lord Jesus was with me. He was with us. Praise the Lord Jesus for He is Good.

CHURCH- Well I was crying. I'm going to have to find a new church for myself. I'm so sick of church. I find that most of what people believe is just so out there somewhere. It is all about stuff and not about Jesus. Jesus needs to be head of His church again. 

OK! I'm going now. Blessings to all.

Thanks! It's really only hard bc there's always a never ending list to do and baby makes me uncomfortable, esp in the evenings. I get more BHx and he moves more.

I have wondered how NJ is fairing. I have a friend who lives there, in Lindenwold or something like that. Every time I ask how they are (weather wise) when it's on the news, she acts like I'm stupid for asking bc it's "so overrated". So I just haven't asked. We were very close in our high school years but not so much now. Obviously. I'm sure she's fine or I'd have heard about it.

Sorry about your church feelings. Honestly that's sorta the reason we don't go to church anywhere. Our beliefs are more very conservative Baptist but without so much legalism if that makes sense. When you go and feel worse than when you went - and not because you're under conviction - you shouldn't be going there..... That's my 2 cents for what it's worth. The past 4 1/2 yrs I've been in WA have been the only ones I haven't gone to church every week, usually most services. It's really helped me in ways I don't think the church ever could. I have branched out to listen to pastors on the radio I wouldn't have before since they were "so bad" in one way or another. I see flaws, but I saw flaws in every other pastor I've had. I was raised in church from the time I was 6 weeks old and have read the Bible pretty much daily since I was a young teen. I can tell truth from bologna in general. And if I have a question, hubby is very enlightening. I think my personal walk with God has gotten stronger too.

Okay, off to make supper.....

Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

NJ-- The shore is for the most part gone. cold.gifmecry.gifThey are getting hit with a new storm today. Parts of NJ still are without power. Food is hard to find and people are waiting on long lines for gas!!! I waited almost 6 hrs.

NY- Some parts are so so bad. They are waiting and waiting for help.

I can't watch TV after the power is back. I have the newspaper and that is hard to look at. I know that the Shore will come back but it will take a lot of work. A lot of work.

This area needs a lot of prayer. To see people saved and have Jesus as Lord. That is the only answer.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:50 PM

Amen Sister.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

I am the real vine and my Father is the gardener (John 15:1)

Don't worry about tomorrow-tomorrow will worry about itself (Matt 6:34)

Happy weekend upsidedown.gif

bigeyes.gif My oldest is 7 years old tomorrow...7 years of making milk. MMMMooooOOOO

Old 11-13-2012, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

MrsKoehn- How are you doing?

Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

OK! NOW I have had it...The children sunday school is using Answer's in Genesis banghead.gif  SO do I write a letter?? Do I try to sit down with the teacher??????

Old 11-20-2012, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Hope everyone has a great "thanksgiving" dinner...let us always be thankful.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:34 PM

Nazsmum- Yes we had a tsunami warning, but no damage was done thank goodnes.  We also live outside of the evac zones so we pretty much slept right through it.

MrsKohen-  Are you also on babycenter? I think I have seen you when I go lurking around the homebirth board, or maybe I am just getting mothering and bbc confused lol.

AFM-  Sorry I haven't been on much, today is my first 'free' since we had so much Thanksgiving planning going on.  I am worn out.  I am currently taking two classes and I have to complete 40 observation hours before December 14th.  I'm stressed because one principal called me and told me she was contacting teachers, but I haven't heard anything and that was almost 2 weeks ago.  I haven't contacted any other schools because I was hoping to do them there, and all the other schools told me know about my last class so I doubt they'd change their minds a month later.  I am just praying that the school contacts me this week and I am able to complete these hours.  They are worth a large percent of my grade.  Can y'all please pray that they contact me soon?  Also this school is the school my academic advisor is waiting to hear back about if I can do my student teaching there next semester.  I am praying that I can do these observations there and then they will know of me and allow me to student teach there.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

Old 11-24-2012, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

John16n33- I going to pray everything works out. Please let us know what happens...

Old 11-27-2012, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

SSSOOO the Christmas is coming....DEC is almost here

PLANS? Advent? St. NICK? Come on ladies lets talk...

Old 11-27-2012, 10:41 AM

Our only plan so far is candle light service on Christmas Eve and then a cookie making play date with some friends.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

Old 11-27-2012, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

JOHN16n33- Update on Student teaching? Hope everything is going OK.

We are having an "open house" for chanukkah. So if you are in NJ just come by wink1.gif

Christmas eve will be here. I'm in same situation with Church and Christmas this year. They don't have the 8:30am service and it is SSSOOO hard for me to do the 11am. I'm hoping that the new pastor will change things next year. (Hoping he changes a lot of things)

Old 11-27-2012, 06:51 PM

Still no update, I emailed the principal back today so hopefully I hear something soon.  I am starting to get really nervous, but trying to remind myself to lay it all down at His feet.

-Meagan

Old 11-29-2012, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

lilyka- If you around I have a question that came up...you will know the answer.

John16n33- I'm praying for you/student teaching

MrsK- Hope all is well

mom2tig99Nroo03- How is your sister?

I'm thinking about Paul's letter to the Galatians. What the Messiah has freed us for is freedom! Therefore, stand firm, and don't let yourselves be tied up again to a yoke of slavery. (Galatians 5:1) So many people are tied to the Law thinking that they are to do....When Jesus has done the work on the Cross. Jesus came to died and show the Love of the Father. We are celebrating His birth BUT we are looking to His death.

I'm thankful for the Lord in my life. It will be 35years in the Lord coming up. It has been a hard road at times and lonely more then times then I can count. BUT Jesus the Lord Himself has walked with me. He only He has been with me always.

Bless you moms that read this thread.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:52 AM

That's awesome Nazsmum, I haven't ever fully read Galatians.  I did just finish reading 1 Corinthians and now I am feeling lead to read the book of John.  I guess every time I finish one book I will just pray about what I should read next, it has worked so far.  I find it so neat that as I read through these books that I feel led to read are just what I need to read at that moment.

Thank you for your continued prayers, the principal emailed me back and told me she hadn't gotten any replies but she will send another email out.  I have also contacted my teachers to see what can be done.

-Meagan

Old 12-02-2012, 06:28 PM

my sister is not doing well. she's having a hard time when she has to be by herself at their apartment ever since the break-in. she's ahving nightmares again. part of the prob that was causing her depression was her homrmone levels were off again (she has thyroid issues and they've struggled to have her at a therapeutic dosage witout being too much for awhile now.. my lo is still sicl- the whole crew are. my hub has the flu- was sent home wednesday from work, and hasn't been back yet. he hopefully will be able to go back this coming wednesday we've all had/have the flu i think (i know he does ebcause he was swabbed) but the rest of us have been sick too with similar symptoms- i thought was a cold originally. hub also has a stomach thing. yeah lots of fun. we did finally make it to church today though/ i usually try to keep our cooties to ourselves, but at the rate we were headed, we'd never make it again if i waited until we were all feeling well. we've been less than a dozen times this whole year. not even once a month sometimes. (i think today made #11)

Old 12-03-2012, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

my sister is not doing well. she's having a hard time when she has to be by herself at their apartment ever since the break-in. she's ahving nightmares again. part of the prob that was causing her depression was her homrmone levels were off again (she has thyroid issues and they've struggled to have her at a therapeutic dosage witout being too much for awhile now.. my lo is still sicl- the whole crew are. my hub has the flu- was sent home wednesday from work, and hasn't been back yet. he hopefully will be able to go back this coming wednesday we've all had/have the flu i think (i know he does ebcause he was swabbed) but the rest of us have been sick too with similar symptoms- i thought was a cold originally. hub also has a stomach thing. yeah lots of fun. we did finally make it to church today though/ i usually try to keep our cooties to ourselves, but at the rate we were headed, we'd never make it again if i waited until we were all feeling well. we've been less than a dozen times this whole year. not even once a month sometimes. (i think today made #11)

hug2.gif

I'm going to keep your family in my prayers.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

TOMORROW...KISLEV 24 (Dec 8) candle.gif

BIBLICAL- On this day, Haggai prophesied blessing for Israelites (HAG 2:10-19)

Haggai recevied a prophecy for Zerubbabel (Hag 2:20-23)

Traditional-  Erev Chanukkah (eve of the feast of dedication) First candel is lit

Jesus celebrated Chanukkah (John 10:22-23)

Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 PM

Hello!  Wow things have been crazy around here.  The tonsil stuff did not go as planned.  There were complications in the first surgery but glory to God I had an amazing anesthesiologist and she managed to handle the situation with much skill and very little pain.  The rest of the surgery went well. My ex husband was a jerk and made me choose between my children (who did not want to leave home) and having someone spend the night to take care of me.  Then as soon as Peter left (my boyfriend, but he is seriously my only friend who could stay with me) i started bleeding again and had to be rushed into surgery which was not nearly the walk in the park the first one was.  The anesthesiologist was not as good, found out the hard way that I am highly allergic to morphine, and the whole thing was very traumatic.  It resulted in considerably worse pain (I still have swelling from the breathing tube) and did not solve the problem for more than a few hours.  I ended up bleeding for 10 days and almost needing a transfusion and 3rd surgery.  All for my tonsils.  A procedure toddlers can get over in a couple of days.

Right before the surgery I had my pap and the results came back bad.  So I had the biopsies yesterday. Awaiting results from pathology.  All for an STD I most likely got from my ex-husbands affair.  Awesome.  

Because of the illnesses I have not really been able to enter into the fast.  And since my ex will not let the girls go to church on Christmas Eve i am feeling rather ambivalent about the whole nativity season which sucks because while the celebrations and stuff are fun it is not what it is all about. I should be more focused on the spiritual journey and not the festivities or lack thereof.

School is supposed to start in three weeks but I am not registered yet and do not have plans for a job transfer.  My alimony ended last month and my renters are moving out next month.  What a mess.  But not going back to school right now is not an option.  I must get there.

In the middle of my recovery Grandpa Great  passed away.  He was so ready to go and peacefully past on to his rest.  I am sad that I missed the funeral but was still to weak to leave the house.  

I had the girls for thanksgiving and it was lovely.  Just a quiet day of cooking together and enjoying each others company.  very nice.

We celebrated St. Nicholas day yesterday which is always a good time.  We put our tree up at Thanksgiving and light it but do decorations on St. Nicholas day.  We do stockings (as this is really a St. Nicholas tradition and not a Christmas tradition) and eat special treats (this year was dark chocolate fondue and roasted gourmet marshmallows).  I was able to go to church Wednesday (Akathist to St Nicholas which was so lovely.  He is the patron saint of quite a lot but especially to the needy, the orphans and the widows and I am going to go out on a limb and say women who were abandoned by the husbands ;) So the service revolved around praying for those in need, those who are alone and those who are sick.  very beautiful).  And then again on Thursday for the Feast Liturgy.  Such a luxury to get to go to church this much in a week :)  And I love St. Nicholas.  Not just a defender of the poor and needy but also a defender of the faith who punches heretics (which he was suspended from church office for but then later reinstated when God told the church leadership that his actions had been justified.)  His story really is just so amazing.

Nanzmum - How are you doing?  Are things getting back to normal after the storm? 

Momtigg - I will be praying or your sister.  That is awful!

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

WOW lilyka!!! hug2.gif The Lord was with you. I'm going to pray that your X falls in a frozen lake or something like that.mischievous.gif   I'm happy that you could get to church. I will pray about the whole school thing and the PAP results....I will just pray that you feel the Lord in this time....Can you have the Elders of the church pray for you??

THE STORM- Well thing are getting back little by little. I'm in a "good" part of the state. But my friend lose everything. She is getting a lot of help. She is staying at her parent's home right now. The house is just gone...gone. So so sad.

Tomorrow we are having friends over. I think that we have people coming almost night. That is making me glad. I like that the people are coming.

I'm b/f and typing with the wrong finger...So so happy to hear from you lilyka.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:53 PM

Before the surgery I went to confession and had Father S pray for me and anoint me with holy oil.  I mean he is always praying for me but there are special things to be done when someone is in need of healing and protection. After Peter left it was Father who carted me around back and forth to the hospital.   He is so sweet.  I was indeed well covered in prayer :)  

The complications from the first surgery were actually quite a blessing.  I have a wonky airway and they have to use special equipment and be extra careful with putting breathing tubes in.  I have no doubt (especially after the second surgery) that she is likely one of the best in her field.  Now that they know (I have to carry a medical alert ID now) precautions can be taken.  She said i was really lucky that they discovered this in a hospital, non-emergency setting.  In any other situation serious damage could have been done.  

We also have two huge hospitals in town (one where my ENT is and one where my OBGYN is) and i now know that one is far better than the other...an important thing to know if anyone in this family ever needs medical care (my kids ped is at the good hospital and it is literally across the street so it is usually where we go for everything that does not involve my uterus....but still.  The difference n technology and patient care was amazing.)  

User Tag List