Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Merry Christmas!!!!

#512 of 526 Old 12-23-2012, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Merry Christmas!  We are still trying to finish Dd's present from 'Santa', everything is built but I ran out of paint today and I still have to paint the little refrigerator.  Other than that Dh just has to attach the oven door and the sink faucet.  Phew, we're cutting it close.

Dd is singing with the rest of kids church at the candlelight service tomorrow nigh and Dh is coming to watch.  I don't know whether Dd is more excited about singing or the fact that her daddy's going to church lol.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#513 of 526 Old 12-24-2012, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

We are just about done w/gifts. I started early this year.

Happy Monday

#514 of 526 Old 12-27-2012, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Christmas was TO TO much. Today is the first day without something to do..

lilyka- How is the new job?

John16n33- Student teaching?

Lewprivette- How are you doing?

mamaecho- HEY! How are you? Husband?

WHERE IS EVERYONE???

#515 of 526 Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 AM

Still nothing on the student teaching front.  I did have one teacher who has agreed to be my mentor (did I already mention that?) but it has to be approved by the principal and the school board which it hasn't yet.  Schools don't go back in session until the 7th so we will see.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#516 of 526 Old 12-27-2012, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

How was Christmas???

#517 of 526 Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM

It was good!  I am getting my best Christmas present today though, my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins vacationed on the Big Island for Christmas and they are headed home today.  But they have 7 hour layover in Honolulu so I get to see them for a few hours.  My Uncle wants to treat us to dinner, and I am soo excited!

How was your Christmas?

-Meagan

#518 of 526 Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

My christmas was nice. We had dinner at my parents and nice gifts. My parents gave us the FREE CAR this year SSOO I was not expecting anything from them. But they gave us a giftcard for dinner and they will watch the kidsjoy.gifMy father is so great!!! He is so kind to me. My in-laws are anyother story. I will not tell you that story. It is to sad to repeat.

Enjoy your dinner.eat.gif 

#519 of 526 Old 12-29-2012, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

OK, Here is what is going on w/ me and church. I have written the pastor many times now. We did talk a little. I talked to the Sunday School SUPER...I can't tell you what she said. Many of you would be MAD. (She said things that are shocking for a christian to saybigeyes.gif) I am trying to get together with my #1's Sunday School teacher....I keep e-mailing her she does not get back to me. I am so I don't know....mad? sad? bewilded?  Do I need to change me? I'm I in the wrong? WHY is the Lord letting this happen to me. I leave one church because of AIG and now it shows up here.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm going to hind under a rock for a while.hide.gif

#520 of 526 Old 12-29-2012, 09:38 AM

I'm sorry to here that Naz, I think I somehow missed the post about what started all this. But I will be praying that it all gets worked out and you can find comfort in church soon.

Speaking of finding comfort in church I am dealing with my own spiritual battle now.  I think I mentioned before that I was raised Mormon, I am actually baptized as a member of the church, but I left the church when I was 13 or so.  There are many reasons I left, mostly because no one in my family that said they were LDS were following the teachings other than my grandmother, and my aunt had recently left the church and she is the one I always attended with.  Lately though I have been feeling a pull toward the church again.  I am seeing people and getting to know other military families that are walking the walk and not just talking the talk, so to say.  I am feeling that I need to investigate this and make sure that I am leaving for right reasons, instead of reasons that my 13 year old mind found.  My problem was never with the doctrine, but in my ward sometimes if I had questions about the doctrine they were just swept under the rug.  Looking back though I think a lot of it was things that the bishop or missionaries didn't feel comfortable talking to me about without my mom or an adult member of my family present, so they told me to ask my family.  When I asked my family they were the ones who swept it under the rug, and looking back a lot of it was because if they told me the truth (like about not drinking alcohol) they would look like they weren't good members.  Does that makes sense?  Anyway, I am on this little journey.  I am not saying I am going to become an active member again, I just want to make sure I am making these decisions based on adult mindset instead of a kid mindset.  (PLEASE ONLY COMMENT TO THIS IF YOU HAVE SUPPORTING WORDS).

-Meagan

#521 of 526 Old 12-29-2012, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

John16n33- I understand needing to find your "path". Not having a family member or anyone telling you what to think or believe.  If we follow someone else the question becomes "Is it me or XYZ?"

When I could drive I followed my own path...I want to a Messianic church right away. My mother never wanted to go. I started going to church myself. My mother took to me to so many churches. At one point I even questioned going to church at all. Even now I do not wanting to go.

Many voices are out in the world. It can be hard some times to quiet them and hear the truth. Ask the questions that you need to ask.?Find strong believer in each point of view. Persons that you know have wisdom. Then ask and listen to the answers. Hear the person...then make up your mind. My mother went to 2 rabbis and 2 pastors. She listened to each then came to her own personal relationship with Messiah.

I hope that this is coming across as helpful.

#522 of 526 Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 AM

See that's exactly what I am looking for.  Right now I am asking myself "is it me, or xyz?" because I was only 13 when I left the church.  I just want to make sure it was for the right reasons.  ESPECIALLY because I still hold the church and many of it's doctrines and values so dear to my heart, you know?

That is my plan to just talk to and investigate both sides to figure out where I belong.

-Meagan

#523 of 526 Old 12-29-2012, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

John16n33- I'm here for you.

OK, so who is going to come to my B-day party??? I going to be 40 in 2014 and I starting to plan NOWlove.gif I just want to throw that out there. Anyone wants to come can. I want a party.

Counting down 2012. It has been the year. So much. For me a new baby, #2 falling, breaking my foot, BIG Storm/No power for 8 days and a free car

joy.gif rejoice in the lord always again i say rejoiceluxlove.gif 

lilkya- I just finished a great book Mudhouse Sabbath by Lauren f. Winner. I think that you would like it.

ANY RESOLUTIONS???

i'm going to have to come back baby crying 

#524 of 526 Old 12-31-2012, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

champagne.gif may we all have A great new year

#525 of 526 Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 AM

Happy New Year!

-Meagan

#526 of 526 Old 01-01-2013, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Bolt.gif2013 here we come

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page