Crunchy Christian Mamas in 2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 526 Old 03-21-2012, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Exciting news.  All three of my girls will be in coordinating dresses for Pascha!  Now...this may not seem impressive to you but you have to keep in mind my girls are in adult, junior and children's sizes.  Finding dresses period is complicated but they all coordinate!!!  This goes a long way towards combating the "they are growing up too fast" depression.LOL  So we are going to do professional portraits and send out Pascha cards lets face it, this is a much more card worthy occasion than Christmas anyway).  I think we should all send out cards...we could be on the front end of a new trend.  :D

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#122 of 526 Old 03-21-2012, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Sounds great.....

I would LOVE to send cards!!!! I LOVE MAIL (Snail mail)

I think this Easter/Passover is going to be hard....baby is due anyday. Praying baby waits as long as possible.

#123 of 526 Old 03-24-2012, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Lilyka- When is Pascha? Is it a different date then "easter"? Passover starts 4/5 and then Easter is 4/7. I'm just feeling over whelmed at the moment.

#124 of 526 Old 03-25-2012, 03:34 PM

I love sending (and receiving) mail too! This would be so fun. smile.gif

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#125 of 526 Old 03-26-2012, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimblejamble View Post

I love sending (and receiving) mail too! This would be so fun. smile.gif

PM your address and I will do it

#126 of 526 Old 03-26-2012, 05:40 PM

yeah yeah!!! PM me your address and I will send you a card.  :D  

Pascha is figured differently that Easter.  I forget the formula.  It is never before Easter.  Occasionally it lines up (the last two years I think).  This year we are one week later.  One year there was a four week split.  Awesomeness.  Shopping for Easter basket stuff and dresses on clearance without any rush. LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter  This link explains the whole date thing....or confuses the issue more.  either way.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#127 of 526 Old 03-27-2012, 09:22 AM

I have sort of been MIA.  I have been lurking here and there, but not really ready to post. 

We have been going through some changes.  Seems our youth pastor is leaving and the senior pastor has sort of tapped DH to fill a suporting role in the meantime, while they look for another youth pastor.  Our youth pastor is fabulous and we are glad he is leaving to spread the word elsewhere, but he will be missed.  On the otherhand, perhaps his leaving will open some doors for us to get a new service under way.  He has been leading the group, but it seems we have hit a wall , and perhaps his leaving will help move things along - I dont know.  And, we have been considering adoption.  Well, not really considering because we already know it is what we would like to do, but considering our options.  There are so many things to consider and it is very overwhelming.  We have three littles already, but we just dont feel our family is complete.  I guess our main issue is when to begin the process and who to begin it with. 

It is almost Easter.  I got sidetracked for a bit, it happens every so often with me, but I am so happy to say out loud (well, in print) that I do believe in Jesus Christ, he died for our sins, and was BODILY resurrected.  I am so thankful for all the blessings in my life - especially those I take for granted.

#128 of 526 Old 03-27-2012, 10:26 PM

Ladies, what study Bible(s) do you recommend? I've been eyeing either the Ryrie Study Bible or the Dake Annotated Reference Bible, then today I came across the Life in the Spirit Study Bible. Any thoughts? I like to stick with the KJV.

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#129 of 526 Old 03-28-2012, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

I know a woman who uses the Ryrie and likes it. For me I don't like study bibles.

#130 of 526 Old 03-28-2012, 04:14 PM

I just ordered The Evidence Bible, I won't get it in until tomorrow but I have been in the market for a new study Bible for awhile now and it has good reviews. 

Nazsmum-  It is hard, but I am trying to look at it from a positive standpoint and see that we can create our own traditions now.  Easter is one of two days out of the year that Dh will go to church so I am just focusing on praying that the pastor says something to get through to him during the service.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#131 of 526 Old 03-29-2012, 05:51 AM

Okay, new prayer request.  DH fora long time has been considering going to Seminary.  Way back when we met in college this was something he felt called to do.  Now, fast forward to now and I know the pull has been getting stronger, but he told me last night that he really is feeling like this is something he needs to do.  He has checked into classes, tuition, etc.  I support his decision, but I am torn because wehave a young family.  The drive to school would be extremely long in addition to the school work.  We have friends in grad school, going for PhD, etc, and the dads really miss a lot of family things to be at school or studying.  I realize that I am being selfish, but I want my kids to have their daddy around for special events, AND when they go to bed and wake up in the morning.  I do not see how that will be possible with him attending school so far away.  I need clarity.  And, the financial aspect alone is overwhelming and not even  the most important factor.

#132 of 526 Old 03-29-2012, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

I know how hard it is NOT to have DH/father around. My husband leaves @ 5:30am and not home till around 7-8pm. It is very hard at times. 

If the Lord is calling him to go then He will work it out. I will pray that your husband will clear direction.

#133 of 526 Old 03-29-2012, 03:29 PM

I will be praying for you and your family, as well as that the Lord gives you some peace of mind and clarity that He will work out all the little details as long as y'all follow his will.

So I have some good news, we should have official orders tomorrow and that means we can go to transportation and officially schedule the movers!  We would have gotten them today but the officer that did Dh's levy briefing forgot to tell him that I have to do a counter terrorism class online before we can get orders.  Why I have to take the class I have no idea but I will do it tonight when Dh gets home.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#134 of 526 Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 PM

Oooh ooh ooh, prayer request pleeease! smile.gif I just found a job listing on Craigslist and applied for it. Please pray that I can get the job... or heck, even just an interview! It's as a real estate photographer. Perfect! I love taking pictures and have everything they're looking for plus it's in my town so I won't have to commute.

#135 of 526 Old 03-30-2012, 07:00 AM

Thanks for the prayers, Ladies.  It is working.  I am feeling a bit more calm as I am constantly praying that we follow His will. 

Congrats on the orders. And the movers.  A relief I am sure.

Jimble - good luck with the job.

Nazmum - how ya doing?  baby staying out for now?  Not too much longer.   Hang in there. 

Okay - FYI - this is me being selfish but I need a safe place to share my feelings - I will support DH in whatever God calls us to do.  We talked last night and we are on the same page that we both have to be called to this because it would mean a whole lot of different things to out family.  However, as I said before, my biggest concern is DH's potential lack of time with the kids.  But, what about adopting this little one that is in our future?  I am praying that we do what we are supposed to do and that just because I want it doesnt make me think God wants it for us, but we want more kids and adoption is where our hearts lie.  How can we consider all that goes with adoption AND a career change and new path for life?  It seems like it is all about my wants so I am trying to be humble, and listen, but I think it is going to take more time...

#136 of 526 Old 03-30-2012, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Baby is still "in"  Maybe 4/1 maybe.

Praying for all requests.

#137 of 526 Old 03-31-2012, 05:52 PM

4/1 as in TOMORROW????  OMGoodness!  How exciting!  I think you mentioned that you wanted to wait until after Easter, so my fingers are crossed for you.  Sending lots of love your way.

#138 of 526 Old 04-01-2012, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

NO NO please I need the baby to come NOW!!!!

#139 of 526 Old 04-02-2012, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

No baby just lots of fail starts....I am SO mad at my husband....just need to vent.

e&tsmom- Is husband looking to go to school to be a pastor? How do you feel about being a pastor's wife? I wanted to go into missions. BUT married a man that would NEVER. Still would go.

jimblejamble- did you get the interview? Hope the job!

John16n33- How are things going with you?

Lilya- Hope you are well. I was thinking about you at church this week. I was thinking about what you would say about the sunday school class. I know that you and I would be thinking the same thing. (NOT GOOD)

#140 of 526 Old 04-02-2012, 10:58 AM

Nazsmum- Praying baby makes it's appearance soon!

AFM- Things are going pretty good, the movers are scheduled to come on the 10th and 11th and we are scheduled to leave on the 15th.  We are lucky to have made a couple really good friends here who offered to let us stay with them for a few days before we leave.  I used to watch their son in my daycare so it will be nice to get to spend some time with him before we go.  Now I just have to decide exactly what we are taking with us and if I want to do the deep cleaning myself or pay the 170.00 to have housing do it for us.  Decisions, decisions lol.

-Meagan

#141 of 526 Old 04-02-2012, 01:09 PM

You have to tell me more about the Sunday School class....

#142 of 526 Old 04-02-2012, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Long long story.....but the teacher wants to have a meeting w/me. I came down on the more orthordox side of the issue.

#143 of 526 Old 04-03-2012, 05:26 PM

No word on the job! I was telling my dad about it and he said he had seen the ad for it a while back and applied too, and also never heard back from them. How weird!

Any news on le bebe?

#144 of 526 Old 04-03-2012, 07:15 PM

You sunday school class or your kids?  are you getting sent to the principals office ;) ?

#145 of 526 Old 04-04-2012, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

No baby...Yes  I'm being sent to the principals office. my SS class

winky.gif my 3yr old wanted me to put this....

#146 of 526 Old 04-04-2012, 05:44 PM

Nazsmom, praying baby comes soon!

I have been spending a lot of time over at GCM to meet my spiritual needs and I completely forgot about this thread. 

On Mothering, I have a tendency to spend a lot of time on the due date clubs and diapering, etc. and forget about all the other good stuff. Like this one!!!

Jimblejamble, I am so sorry about what you are going thru. Praying a job that you need pops up soon. 

AFM, we are looking for a church around here. It really overwhelms me, so every Sunday when the clock strikes 10 I come up with an excuse to ditch.  hide.gif Then, instead of spending the day relaxing and happy, I am miserable because I didn't stick to my goal of finding a new "home".

It is so hard for me. I have a friend who just doesn't understand, but I have had many failed relationships in the church community and I am continually scared to put myself out there. Please pray for us.

I would love to have an Easter Tradition! I am so in love with resurrection Sunday. But, DH and I are so new to the "sharing a religion" thing. We are newbies to it all actually. To this newfound faith and adoration of God. 

Anyways, I am here, reading all of your lovely thoughts. Thanks for keeping a thread like this going. 

#147 of 526 Old 04-05-2012, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Dovemama- What is GCM? It can be hard to find a church. Looking is harder with children because of sunday school and leaving them in a new place. (it was/is hard for me) 

So we are not "doing" passover and that is making me sad. AND church Easter Sunday is out. The church that we are going to ONLY have 11am service and that is just not going to work....and ONLY the Lord knows when the baby is coming..... 

OH!!!! And the pastor called about the Sunday School class. He was very very nice and told myself and my husband that he "hopes" we don't leave the church over this. I really don't like the church BUT I do feel like the pastor is a good pastor. (maybe he is the only think that church has going for it)

#148 of 526 Old 04-05-2012, 03:59 PM

I think it's Gentle Christian Mothers.

#149 of 526 Old 04-05-2012, 06:12 PM

Wow!  It is nice that the pastor called you and made an effort towards healing.  But holy cow, you must have really ruffled her feathers!  and an 11 o'clock service.  That s really late!  I thought our 9 o'clock was late.  

#150 of 526 Old 04-05-2012, 07:15 PM

Hi, yes, Gentle Christian Mothers.

Thank you for the kind words. I am sorry about the SS situation. Best of luck deciding whether to stay or go.

Wow, 9 am service, that would be so hard for me to get to with all family in tow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page