Prepping for the 2012 Treasure Map--- - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2012, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostSounds like the perfect ritual.  I don't know why, probably because I am such a newbie still, but the words "erecting a circle" made me envision that you literally built something around your house with, say, flowers or herbs or something.  

Oh, lol, I didn't even think of that! But it's a nice idea, if I didn't live in a house. I could do that to make the circle in my room, though, probably! That would be nice to get lots of flowers to do my map by!

No-- "erecting" occurs all in my mind. It's all about visualizing. The essence of magick! love.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

wow, Speedmum.  That sounds a bit challenging.

Smudging might help.  But you would need to do it when they aren't there and I think keep the windows open.  Not sure where you live and if the weather will co operate.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 02-20-2012, 10:11 PM

speedmum, can you change the curtains?  Wash the walls with vinegar/water and lavender or something?  I like to use bells for clearing energy; you could ring a pretty sounding one in the corners after you wash the walls and windows.  Maybe clear out old energy by making the rooms more your own.  Maybe you could, for example, hang a peace sign or peaceful image in the family section...use symbols and/or colors and/or art and/or arrangement to enhance some or all of the baguas in your rooms?  I think that could help.  Good luck!

Mama to 3 boys 

Old 02-21-2012, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The new moon (Pices - one more moon till TM time!) starts in a few hours. 

I like to do a cleanse and then shield my home during the new moon.  I take a broom and clean out my home physically and then sweep it again symbolically, swiping it through all the corners and closets and imagining all the bad energy being swept out the doors and windows and blowing away in the wind.  Then I say a prayer and sometimes do a ritual of protection as well, sprinkling holy water and imagining a shield of white light around my space.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:03 PM

So this year will be my third making a TM.  I'm glad to add this practice to my life, it's been very helpful and positive.

I have a question, how do people choose images?  I tend to make a list after the New Moon, of things I want in various aspects of my life, and then try to find images to fit those.  It's a more analytical approach, and it's slowly dawned on me that I could be less organized and allow myself to be more drawn to images, even if I'm not sure how they're going to manifest.  Or maybe/probably a balance of the two, some pictures chosen simply due to an intuitive feel, and others because they feel like a good representation of what I already know I want.  Thoughts on this?

And on another note... hell yeah on the not-moving frustration.  This is the 2nd year that I've put pics (and words) representing Colorado, where we'd like to move, and nothing.  No leads, no close calls, nothing.  We are still near Houston, which has been great in some unexpected ways, but overall is a very poor fit, and really, we feel like it's time to move on.  REALLY.  

Old 02-21-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View PostI have a question, how do people choose images?  I tend to make a list after the New Moon, of things I want in various aspects of my life, and then try to find images to fit those.  It's a more analytical approach, and it's slowly dawned on me that I could be less organized and allow myself to be more drawn to images, even if I'm not sure how they're going to manifest.  Or maybe/probably a balance of the two, some pictures chosen simply due to an intuitive feel, and others because they feel like a good representation of what I already know I want.  Thoughts on this?

And on another note... hell yeah on the not-moving frustration.  This is the 2nd year that I've put pics (and words) representing Colorado, where we'd like to move, and nothing.  No leads, no close calls, nothing.  We are still near Houston, which has been great in some unexpected ways, but overall is a very poor fit, and really, we feel like it's time to move on.  REALLY.  

OMG, what you said about moving! I am so ready! Sigh...I hope the Universe sees fit to agree with me, and SOON.

Images-- I do not make a list of what I want. I go entirely intuitive with the pictures and words that I cut out. I have made lists before, but they seem to get paid attention to as an aside to the cutting-out process!

It's really hard for me to shift focus to JUST words and JUST images, rather than getting caught up in reading the articles lol.gif but it is a definite attention shift and I have to be very mindful in order to do it. But it works. It's just effort!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 02-21-2012, 08:21 PM

popping in with a newbie question:
When do you ladies usually buy your magazines? Is it better to wait to prepare materials ahead of time or at the start time or ???
I am ready to look ahead for some positives and would love to start collecting (but not opening/peeking).

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalynn View Post

I have a question, how do people choose images?  I tend to make a list after the New Moon, of things I want in various aspects of my life, and then try to find images to fit those.  It's a more analytical approach, and it's slowly dawned on me that I could be less organized and allow myself to be more drawn to images, even if I'm not sure how they're going to manifest.  Or maybe/probably a balance of the two, some pictures chosen simply due to an intuitive feel, and others because they feel like a good representation of what I already know I want.  Thoughts on this?

I do a combination and it works for me. :)

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 02-22-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post

popping in with a newbie question:
When do you ladies usually buy your magazines? Is it better to wait to prepare materials ahead of time or at the start time or ???
I am ready to look ahead for some positives and would love to start collecting (but not opening/peeking).

I start the entire process at the start time or later.

For my first TM, I purchased one or two new magazines from the local health food store and then walked around the shopping center and picked up other "free" magazines and brochures. This particular shopping center has a great travel agency and gorgeous day spa along with the health food store. I looked through a bunch of magazines before deciding which one to buy. Not sure how others choose them sight-unseen. Once home, I looked through everything and casually got some ideas. Suddenly, very concrete ideas started flowing and I got busy painting a corkboard frame and cutting fabric to create my base. Technically, not all my materials were brand new since I used a corkboard that had been tucked away in our home for a few years and I used paint, fabric, thread, push-pins, glue dots, interfacing, pigment pens, etc that I had owned for random amounts of time in addition to images and words I found in the aforementioned magazines, brochures, etc. Not to mention my sewing machine. LOL However, I came up with the ideas and gathered my materials after the start time. It was a VERY effective treasure map!

For my second TM, I didn't purchase a single magazine. I'm not even sure I purchased anything. I used a large piece of watercolor paper, watercolor pencils, watercolor crayons, water brush, and a stencil to create my base map. I added lots of details beyond those with artistic doodles, words and a few pictures. Again, though, I started at or after the start time with my ideas and let the creativity flow. I think we were on vacation when the new moon of Aries began that year and I started the day after we got home. This, also, was a VERY effective treasure map.

For my third TM, I only purchased one thing and that became the entirety of my treasure map. Rather unorthodox, for sure. LOL I went out after the start time and it was extremely challenging to stay focused on the task at hand with all the other demands on my time at that point in my life. I purchased a mirrored word (meant as art decor) and asked DH to help me rearrange some items on and around my desk in our family office. He hung some wood boxes (used as small cabinets AND as shelves) for me and I adhered the mirror-word "Laugh" to the one slightly above the surface of my desk, which happens to line up exactly with my heart chakra. That part was a happy coincidence. This, too, has been a VERY effective treasure map.

Plenty to infer with all this and folks will take away what works for them and leave the rest. love.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 02-22-2012, 07:14 PM

I wait til after the new moon to go out on a small buying spree.  I hit the local Half Priced Books to look for magazines, then one of the local craft places for some sort of tagboard, or last year it was just a white thick cardboard poster-sized thing, and then I went to the scrapbooking area and chose a few sheets with colors/patterns I liked, and covered the white board with that.  By waiting til after the new moon starts, it feels a bit like a holiday, but more freeing than Christmas (which I do enjoy) that has so much prep work attached before the actual day.  

Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 PM

I think I'll try to add in at least some more intuitive picking of images and words this year, it adds a fascinating aspect--a bit, ah, scary to me--I like lists and order.  A friend of mine, who I shared my TM with, recognized it--she also used to be an engineer, and her guess was that that's why our TMs were so very orderly and structured compared to the other people in our group.  lol   

This year, in particular, it's been fascinating to see how a few things turned out--much more dramatic and significant than I would've expected based on a few phrases.  But good changes overall.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:28 PM

Thank you for the reply. It helps.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:27 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Last year I spent a bunch of money on a lot of magazines - I think I bought 5. Magazines can be about $6.00 each, so I spent a lot of $$$. This year I am going to start saving magazines but not looking at them until the big day - that way they will be new to me, but I don't have to spend so much money on new ones.

ETA - and last year I also had a few things I wanted to put on my TM but they were not in the magazines that I bought, so the next day at work I printed out some images/words from the internet.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:28 PM

how big do you make your TMs?

I got a free magazine int he mail but didn't look in it yet. on the cover it says "declutter".. I'm excited about using this magazine. ;) I have been decluttering like mad here.. the problem is it's hard to get things MOVING.. I live in a small town, so I can't bring all my useless junk to the thrift store.. they know me.. lol.. I hate to throw things out too, and then I have to pay for it to be garbaged.. I have tried to sell some things, and some of it is moving, which is goood, but I hope to have all the stuff I want to declutter gone by the TM day. Includes some big things.

how are you all doing with ur decluttering?

Old 02-24-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majazama View Post

I use a huge piece of foam board, and I use the whole thing-- I think it's...hmm, 18" x 24" ?

Why does it matter if the people at the thrift store know you? How about Freecycle or Craig's List?

Old 02-24-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:

I got a free magazine int he mail but didn't look in it yet. on the cover it says "declutter".. I'm excited about using this magazine. ;) I have been decluttering like mad here.. the problem is it's hard to get things MOVING.. I live in a small town, so I can't bring all my useless junk to the thrift store.. they know me.. lol.. I hate to throw things out too, and then I have to pay for it to be garbaged.. I have tried to sell some things, and some of it is moving, which is goood, but I hope to have all the stuff I want to declutter gone by the TM day. Includes some big things.

how are you all doing with ur decluttering?

Mine have been fairly large in the past, basically the size of a poster that you'd make for a science fair (not the standing up 3-piece kind, just a regular poster).  This year I think I'm going to end up with something smaller, maybe half that size, maybe even smaller than that.  But we'll see.

Decluttering is only proceeding so-so, we've been sick lately and with various other things going on, I only have so much energy to devote to it.  But I figure if the house is better than it was a year ago, then I win.  But I may see if my husband can take the kids out for a while over the weekend and I'll see if I can get a bit more done.  My one room per week plan has yielded some results, not quite what I'd hoped, but definite improvement.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

I use a huge piece of foam board, and I use the whole thing-- I think it's...hmm, 18" x 24" ?

Why does it matter if the people at the thrift store know you? How about Freecycle or Craig's List?

well, if I give them something that they have to throw in the garbage and pay for, then I'm the bad guy. I think most things can be recycled and I don't have time to check over every last item in my thrift store bag for missing pieces, holes, stains, etc. and I believe in recycling.. some people would think it's trash, others treasure.

(ETA: I live in a small town of about 1200 people.. it's a village actually. THere's not much craigslist activity.. but freecycle, that's a good idea.. there is a larger town an hour away.. maybe they want my junk. lol )

also, what is a foam board? Where do you get it?

Old 02-25-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:

well, if I give them something that they have to throw in the garbage and pay for, then I'm the bad guy. I think most things can be recycled and I don't have time to check over every last item in my thrift store bag for missing pieces, holes, stains, etc. and I believe in recycling.. some people would think it's trash, others treasure.

(ETA: I live in a small town of about 1200 people.. it's a village actually. THere's not much craigslist activity.. but freecycle, that's a good idea.. there is a larger town an hour away.. maybe they want my junk. lol )

also, what is a foam board? Where do you get it?

I look at it this way, small town or not-- it's like gifting. Once it's out of my hands, it is no longer my problem. But it's taken me many years to get to that point! winky.gif

Foam board is like poster board, except sturdier. It's like....sort of like two pieces of poster board with a thin layer of foam in between like here

You get it at AC Moore or Michael's or Walmart or any craft area of a store. It comes in white or black, maybe other colors, I dunno.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:51 AM

My maps have been quite large.  The first two were posterboard size (two feet by three).  The next two were based on 9  twelve-inch square scrapbook pages (one for each bagua) - I hung up a photograph of the pages all together but kept the actual pages in scrapbooks - I used the facing pages for notes and reviewed those maps on every new moon for the year. My last two maps have been based on chakras and were made of pieces of posterboard taped together. I have no idea about this map yet - not thinking about it much yet, either.  A friend did a map last year as a set of cards (like Tarot cards) and that really appealed to me at the time.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:14 AM

I am also working on de-cluttering and simplifying and organizing. we found a house to rent and are moving in April, so I need to do some major TM around how I want that all to go!  Im really excited to have such a fresh start to the new cycle. I feel like this new moon has already been so auspicious in terms of just having lots of fun and feeling really connected to people around me and having everything just falling into place. i need to actually start packing as well!

Im not sure what to do on the magazine/picture front. i have been collecting some pretty good free ones and putting them away, but i would like to get some other ones as well.. *manifesting* that!

ooh. and my birthday is a week away! ending that cycle will be good. the past 11 months have been pretty rough for me. march/april is going to be a fun month!!!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 02-26-2012, 02:15 AM

OOh, i like the map as cards idea! very cool!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 02-26-2012, 06:42 AM

I had my cards read yesterday by someone else (not me lol.gif) and the last couple of cards were really happy ones! She seems to think this house will be sold and we will be moved my midsummer. Oh, gods, I hope so! fingersx.gif Midsummer is pushing it to the limit as far as I am wanting to go-- I wanted the house sold by May at the latest, so we could be moved before midsummer. But I'll take it. I want to be settled in, in our new place, way before school starts.

At least, I think school starts after Labor Day in MA, not like here in NC where it starts mid-August eyesroll.gif If that is so, it sure would buy me some time to get doctors and meds and school all settled.

Oh, I so want this to be true! I'd be even happier if someone would make an offer in the next week or two! That's my big one-- I want this house sold.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmum View Post

Not sure if this is related or if anyone can help or put in their 2 cents of thoughts/suggestions

My husband, 3 year old daughter and I stay with my in laws (husband's parents).  They were in this house with my sis in law and Brother in law before I got married and moved in.  1 monnth after I moved in, my BIL and SIL moved out into their apartment (Which they had been planning and wanting for a long time). 

Now, I never really purified the place when I moved in.  I JUST moved in.  My relationship with SIL didn't start off very well anyway, and neither did it take off with BIL.

Anyway, long story short.  Is there anything I can do NOW to cleanse the rooms of their remaining energy. Over the last two years, I have done everything possible to transform the look of the two rooms we use (out of 3) to bring my touch. However, I say cleanse because, there still seems to be residual energy that hovers around, I don't know how to explain it.

I am told my SIL had a very bad last year with our in laws, and she and them had their share of relationship problems....etc

My MIL is a pack-rat, she loves holding on to EVERYTHING.  So it has been a struggle for me to replace her other son's stuff with this son's stuff (my husband)

The curtains in my daughter's room are the ones my SIL had put up, everything else has been replaced.

Anythign else I can do? Honestly, I just hope my relationship with them improves esp. for the sake of peace and my husband's feelings. 

Burning incense is a powerful way to cleanse a new space.  Also sprinkling salt. 

bellyhair.giftreehugger.gif     coolshine.gif      greenthumb.gif     read.gif
Old 02-26-2012, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

I've never made a treasure map before, but I think I should this year.  This weekend I decided to declutter the kids toys.  I threw out broken toys, organized the toy boxes by category and gathered up the baby/toddler toys to give away.  Then I found this thread this morning.  Good timing, eh?  smile.gif  There were certain toddler toys my 4yo wasn't ready to let go, and of course, I respect that.  It made me realize he is still so little and needs to be 'babied' some more. love.gif 

I've been in too much emotional turmoil and I need to get my head on straight.  I think a TM would help. 

Oh, and I got my period on Tuesday, the new moon.  Even my body wants a new start. 

bellyhair.giftreehugger.gif     coolshine.gif      greenthumb.gif     read.gif
Old 02-26-2012, 09:39 AM

Ill go back and read all this thread, but I wanted to sub!

I've spent a lot of decluttering in my life, but need to do the house. lol.  I've let go of a lot of things and activities in my schedule that are no longer serving me.  Including putting my kids in school and taking a break from homeschooling (they mostly wanted to anyway, this wasn't a big drama thing. something I really needed), letting go of my online yarn store (that was causing so much stress and it really shouldn't) among other personal things.

really need to work on the house more, though.  clothing, kids rooms, garage, closets.  all in surplus that needs clearing and revamping.

Excited about the map this year!  I haven't done one in a couple years now. <3

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

Old 02-26-2012, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I realize I'm having a harder time this year getting excited for spring and aries new moon because we have not even had a winter.  

I think we have had two or maybe three days of rain since november.  my skin is so dry.  sigh.

anyway, I hope everyone else is getting excited. 

I hope everyone is letting stuff go, especially now that we are in the Pisces lunar cycle. 

Release, release, release!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 02-26-2012, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Subbing.

Wow am I ever feeling the need to cleanse and declutter. Circumstance hasn't allowed me to do much of either but I've put the motion forward to give me the kick I need.

I figured it must be TM time with the urge to clean out/release.

This is will be my 4th TM, unless you could my first mental but not physical map and it had tons of movement. I had little movement this map and steady consistent movement where I did have some but nothing of awe. These is one picture I really really want to follow to my new map but I do know that I don't like old energy on new maps and my needs/desires will likely change by then.

The only neat manifestation was a picture I had of a calm body of water with a stone path going through the center. I put it in my travel/spiritual section. I thought it was purely spiritual... wrongo. I finally conquered a fear I have with these little log bridges that go over ponds but look more like a path on my bike. I've launched off of one early in the season last year. But I am so DONE with my 2011 map and have felt that way for months now. I'm not expecting anymore movement but will gladly take it.

Not sure what format my new map will take. I've done a poster board a few times and a circle the other time. I did commit myself to hosting a party that night. I'm debating on changing the date or using it to my advantage as I know I will clean for people and my house should be extra clean from the decluttering.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
Old 02-27-2012, 02:57 PM

Wow... just...wow.

I was on here not too long ago saying that it was the most challenging year I've had in a long, long time - I was without hope for the remainder of this TM year.......

HOWEVER! The last few weeks have brought a TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF POSITIVE CHANGE!!! I cannot even begin to tell you how I went from heavy and weepy to feeling renewed, inspired, and suddenly the last few things on the map are being birthed into my life - this is FANTASTIC!

I'm still very much feeling the need to purge and de-clutter and deep clean every area of my life - SO READY FOR A NEW MAP!!! SO SO READY!

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:35 PM

We've had a dry winter here, too - just had a big dump of snow at last. It has been wonderful. I hope you get rain, where you are, Tracy - not enough for dangerous flooding, but lots and lots, and soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

I realize I'm having a harder time this year getting excited for spring and aries new moon because we have not even had a winter.  

I think we have had two or maybe three days of rain since november.  my skin is so dry.  sigh.

anyway, I hope everyone else is getting excited. 

I hope everyone is letting stuff go, especially now that we are in the Pisces lunar cycle. 

Release, release, release!

Releasing is so important!  I let go of a really big emotional thing since December, something I've been carrying for years.  I think it is really gone and I feel so much healthier.  Last night, I had a nightmare that represented another one of my big half-suppressed fears  - of losing my dh for health reasons and having to raise our children alone. (This fear is related to some childhood experiences I had.)  I've been facing that one and working through it today with tapping and prayer.  I'm realizing that it is not likely to happen, that if it did it would be awful but that, like so many people going through hard times, we'd struggle and grow and we'd get through it and find a way to be ok.  And in the meantime, we do have my dh with us, and he is ok atm,  and I need to live the miracle and joy of that in this moment that we have together.

It is hard, but I am really getting excited about this year's map.  What if I can really lose all this sadness and fear I've been dragging around and be happy and live a fulfilled life without all this heaviness?  What *wouldn't* be possible?

I have been concerned about paying financial debts, but I am really coming to believe that there are some emotional debts that I need to clear up first.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthRootsStarSoul View Post

Burning incense is a powerful way to cleanse a new space.  Also sprinkling salt. 

Thank you :) EarthRootsStarSoul

I have been working on doing that every now and then...

User Tag List