Prepping for the 2012 Treasure Map--- - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 162 Old 03-16-2012, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Something must have happened because I got all those little errands done today, you know those billion little stops where there is limited/crappy parking. DONE. And I got one huge thing done today that I've wanted for the last few years that I've put off because it was too expensive. Well I sucked it up and MADE the numbers work so I could splurge on installing a hitch for my car and getting the bike rack I need. This is a need for me not just a want. :) I'm thrilled beyond belief. Thrilled. Which can actually make some of the things on this years map happen in the following summer. There are three pictures I really want to transfer to the new map that pertain to this. But I don't like the idea of transfering. I'll have to see what I feel. 

Happy decluttering and cleansing time ladies! And remember to cleanse you mind. I've got a day at the spaaaaahhhh booked to reset my mind. Hello detox mineral pool and message. :)

Oh and EarthRootsStarSoul I went out and got a Jade plant after you mentioned it in you post. I'm creating a corner of my favorite room just for me and reflection. I hope it survives there. :)

I also just came across this quote on a friends FB

Quote:
"When I remember to let go and trust, let go, let go, let go and trust, then I have moments of sheer delight, moments that transcend the struggle. I've had more than a few."

Friends, whatever you may be experiencing right now that feels hard or scary or sad in any way, let's just let go and trust, let go, let go, let go and trust..."

I just had a little lesson on releasing my fear this past weekend and trusting my body to do what it needs to. I did fine until the fear rekicked in and I paniced but I was left with only a few bruises and the knowledge that next time I can do it! I'm talking about a physically obstiacle bike riding but I'm learning to apply it in other areas too. I thought this quote fit in well with the declutter and release of the season.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (05.30.05) and married to the Rad Man
If I'm not riding my bike I'm reading. Still trying to put the best of both world together.
#122 of 162 Old 03-17-2012, 01:44 AM

HI. I'm wondering if anyone has some wise words about my treasure map.

I made one last year, and as I'd had a miscarriage the Christmas before, I had many images and words about a healthy pregnancy and baby on my map(as well as other things). I got pregnant again in April, but sadly miscarried in July. I was in a very bad place, and my Dh had told me he didn't want to try again. When I was very upset, I burnt my treasure map. I think I did that back in August or September. I'm really sorry I did it now. Do you think that burning the map may have been a bad thing to do? I know the year is up yet, and maybe it can still happen, but I wonder if burning it kind of took away the intention.

Now I want to do another one. Of course I still have the same desire. I'd still like a baby. The desire didn't go away. But my DH isn't on board. He knows how I feel, but I don't want him to see my treasure map, as it will cause all sorts of grief for us as a couple. I know that all sounds crazy, but ultimately, I know that he'd be ok with another little person in our family.  I'm not tricking him, but he is careless with contraception.He was fine with the other pregnancies, but he doesn't want to ttc consciously. So my question,is, do I have to have my treasure map up somewhere so I can see it all the time for it to work, or is it okay to keep it private? I have thought about maybe making a vision journal.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#123 of 162 Old 03-17-2012, 01:58 AM

Tracy, I'm in the southern hemisphere, so it is autumn here.That doesn't make any difference does it?

I think we'll be 12 hours ahead in Western Australia, so I can start it after 10.35pm. Does that sound right to you?

I know I should be de-cluttering, and I've started by putting a whole lot of stuff on e-bay, but I am just not sure that I can get it all done by then.

Any tips - what should I prioritize if I can't get to all of it?

Thanks.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#124 of 162 Old 03-17-2012, 10:06 AM

I spent some time a few days ago reading this whole thread. I had never heard of a treasure map before. I happen to be in the midst of a decluttering time right now, and with a lot of new changes looming ahead for this year, I think this would be a perfect thing for me to get involved with. I'm super excited and can't wait to make my map!

SAHMhippie.gif married to DH treehugger.gif since 09/11. Mama to DD (01/08)dust.gifand DS (06/12) babyboy.gif

#125 of 162 Old 03-17-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View PostI also just came across this quote on a friends FB

I just had a little lesson on releasing my fear this past weekend and trusting my body to do what it needs to. I did fine until the fear rekicked in and I paniced but I was left with only a few bruises and the knowledge that next time I can do it! I'm talking about a physically obstiacle bike riding but I'm learning to apply it in other areas too. I thought this quote fit in well with the declutter and release of the season.

Thank you so much for that. I put it in Word, changed the font, and I'm posting it where I can see it daily.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#126 of 162 Old 03-18-2012, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumblossom View Post

Tracy, I'm in the southern hemisphere, so it is autumn here.That doesn't make any difference does it?

I think we'll be 12 hours ahead in Western Australia, so I can start it after 10.35pm. Does that sound right to you?

I know I should be de-cluttering, and I've started by putting a whole lot of stuff on e-bay, but I am just not sure that I can get it all done by then.

Any tips - what should I prioritize if I can't get to all of it?

Thanks.

Gumblossom, first of all I am so sorry about your miscarriages.  They are always hard on the soul.   I hope Adina comes by and shares her experience years ago when I first start posting the Treasure Map threads.   Her success came a through after a move and I think 2 treasure maps.  She has more to add..but I will let her  share.

If you are 12 hours ahead from NY time then you would get to start your map on Wednesday night (Western Australia at 10:35pm).  If that is too late and your energy is pooped.  Just light a nice candle take a great bath and spend Thursday or Friday working on your map.

Let's forget about the old map.  You are going to start fresh.  It is a new year and you are a new you.   It will all be good.

Happy Fall by the way! 

Hugs

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#127 of 162 Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

I hope everyone is getting excited for the new moon. 

It is just a few days away.   If you can't declutter your house, work, car etc in time do not beat yourself up!   But please try to declutter

at least one area that just depresses you whenever you look at it. You will feel so much better that it will probably energize you tackle a couple other areas even if you do it on new moon that is okay.  You'll probably be decluttering all year!  lol.

I hope everyone has got their mojo, it is going to be a rocking and rolling new moon!

I will put up the new thread on Thursday.

Until then take the next few days to release the stuff you don't want in your life anymore, not just things but perhaps people, places and opinions.

hugs

Tracy .

#128 of 162 Old 03-18-2012, 08:12 PM

Thank you so much for your reply Tracy. I hope Adina will come by and tell me of her experiences.

I have realized a couple of things. One is that other things have manifested from the map. I've been struggling to find a way of eating that suits me, for years. I think I put something like : healthy and fit on  my map, and for the first time in years I've worked out the way of eating that suits me and makes me feel good. It has sorted out some of my chronic ailments too.I've also just slipped into a fitness regime that works for me. My Dh has also shed a few kilos that he's been trying to shed for years.

The other thing I've realized is that I have done much decluttering in the last 6 months, and there isn't actually much to do. However, I really need to tackle my refrigerator, but haven't been able to face it...so, today is the day!

I think I'll be starting the new map on Thursday night as I have late meetings on Wednesday. Do you think the journal/vision diary would work?I think I will buy a nice big art journal this week.

Thanks again,I'm getting really excited about this year's map.

#129 of 162 Old 03-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

I"m here. :)  I will be back after a work call and post more.  Just wanted you to know I saw this! :D

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#130 of 162 Old 03-19-2012, 09:59 AM

Quick question before TM starts!

I have some wishes I "put into" some tokens at an early Ostara ritual on Saturday night. You're supposed to bury them. Think I should do it before or after TM starts? The wishes involve selling my house smile.gif

Thanks!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#131 of 162 Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

I hope everyone is getting excited for the new moon. 

It is just a few days away.   If you can't declutter your house, work, car etc in time do not beat yourself up!   But please try to declutter

at least one area that just depresses you whenever you look at it. You will feel so much better that it will probably energize you tackle a couple other areas even if you do it on new moon that is okay.  You'll probably be decluttering all year!  lol.

I hope everyone has got their mojo, it is going to be a rocking and rolling new moon!

I will put up the new thread on Thursday.

Until then take the next few days to release the stuff you don't want in your life anymore, not just things but perhaps people, places and opinions.

hugs

Tracy .

I dropped some stuff off at Goodwill this morning, and it was CRAZY there -- total traffic jam of people dropping off things.  

It was exciting to realize so many people are feeling the energy right now, and releasing the old stuff.  I feel like I'm part of a giant party!

#132 of 162 Old 03-20-2012, 09:48 AM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Gumblossom - I am sorry about the m/cs. I also put all kinds of pregnancy stuff on my map, and all I have gotten is a lot of shots and spent $, and a m/c -  Four canceled IVF cycles, One failed IVF, and five failed IUI with injectible cycles. I am starting injections for a new IVF cycle tomorrow. I am hoping that it just takes several maps to get something big (like a baby!). I did also put some stuff about healthy eggs (which is my problem) on the map, so hopefully this map gives me healthy eggs and this IVF cycle works. I am curious about what Adina has to say to you.

Tracy - is there any meaning to starting injections for a new IVF cycle the day before TM time? 

I too have decluttered my house so much there is not much left to declutter. I am going to declutter my electronic life though, and start with getting off FB today. I have also started to declutter my professional life too, by really thinking about what my career goals are (what I want and, more importantly, do not want), and taking steps to make it happen.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#133 of 162 Old 03-20-2012, 03:42 PM

Hi rcr, I'm sorry to hear you are having such a difficult journey to your baby. All the best for your IVF treatment.

I do wonder why when we are so specific about wanting a baby (on our maps) why it isn't manifesting.The pregnancies did, but not the baby, despite having pictures of beautiful pregnant bellies and  newborns.I have spent two years thinking about it, staying positive and saying everything in a positive way. Still no baby. I keep telling myself that there has got to be a reason that the universe has me on this particular path.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to put these desires onto our maps, to give us the best chance, please chime in smile.gif

Today I hope to get to the shop to buy an artists sketch pad, which I'll use as a vision journal. My sister just gave me about 7 magazines that I haven't read before, I bought a couple and received one in the mail yesterday, so I'm ready to start!

#134 of 162 Old 03-20-2012, 07:10 PM

The magazine rack taunted me today. :)

It's getting close... anyone else excited? I was hoping to do the last of the cleaning. I'm done decluttering (done as in I'm tired of it). My shoulder started giving me grief again so I'm glad to call it quites with just giving the bathroom a good scrub. I might still go for a massage on Friday. Get that good new energy flowing through my body but I also want to use that time to map, because I'm booked for Thursday. So what do you think.. go for that massage (it's out of town so 3hrs, including trave time)   or put the time to better TMing use?

And BIG HUGS to all of you ladies wishing for those sweet babes. Much love and sticky baby vibes to you all.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (05.30.05) and married to the Rad Man
If I'm not riding my bike I'm reading. Still trying to put the best of both world together.
#135 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

I am so anxious for Adina to come in with her share...... oh, adina....please return soon!

Well, I think you know I wish your IVF cycle was starting on Thursday but I don't think it is the end of the world to start the day before TM.  I'm sure your Treasure Map will be strong.

I'm not a huge FB person but I have friends that are there so much that I do think they would benefit by a declutter of FB.  Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

Gumblossom - I am sorry about the m/cs. I also put all kinds of pregnancy stuff on my map, and all I have gotten is a lot of shots and spent $, and a m/c -  Four canceled IVF cycles, One failed IVF, and five failed IUI with injectible cycles. I am starting injections for a new IVF cycle tomorrow. I am hoping that it just takes several maps to get something big (like a baby!). I did also put some stuff about healthy eggs (which is my problem) on the map, so hopefully this map gives me healthy eggs and this IVF cycle works. I am curious about what Adina has to say to you.

Tracy - is there any meaning to starting injections for a new IVF cycle the day before TM time? 

I too have decluttered my house so much there is not much left to declutter. I am going to declutter my electronic life though, and start with getting off FB today. I have also started to declutter my professional life too, by really thinking about what my career goals are (what I want and, more importantly, do not want), and taking steps to make it happen.

#136 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post

The magazine rack taunted me today. :)

It's getting close... anyone else excited? I was hoping to do the last of the cleaning. I'm done decluttering (done as in I'm tired of it). My shoulder started giving me grief again so I'm glad to call it quites with just giving the bathroom a good scrub. I might still go for a massage on Friday. Get that good new energy flowing through my body but I also want to use that time to map, because I'm booked for Thursday. So what do you think.. go for that massage (it's out of town so 3hrs, including trave time)   or put the time to better TMing use?

And BIG HUGS to all of you ladies wishing for those sweet babes. Much love and sticky baby vibes to you all.

Neva,

My vibe and it is just a vibe...spend the time at home Treasure Mapping.  But and be sure to call on thursday or friday while it is new moon and book your massage.  That way you will have put it out there to the universe "I'm all about massages this year".   Even if you book your massage a week away, the intent will be there. 

It is just like calling someone for a job during new moon.  Even if they don't have a job to offer the intent is what is important.

hugs

#137 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Quick question before TM starts!

I have some wishes I "put into" some tokens at an early Ostara ritual on Saturday night. You're supposed to bury them. Think I should do it before or after TM starts? The wishes involve selling my house smile.gif

Thanks!

do it on new moon.   Definitely!

#138 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

guys just as a reminder, I will put up a new thread tomorrow morning for our new 2012 TM year.

I'm Pacific time so let me get my son to school and then I'll put it up which should be shortly after the moon starts. 

This aries new moon has got a lot of energy this year, perhaps more than other TM years.   thanks to Uranus and Pluto.  Lots of breakthroughs for all of us.  

#139 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post do it on new moon.   Definitely!

Thanks! I kind of thought so.

My boyfriend has wanted this new job that he applied for, for awhile now. They are doing all this prepping to actually offer him the job, and they are going to call me, probably today, for a reference. I told him if he could at all put it off till tomorrow, then do it, but he doesn't think that's a good idea. Dang. Maybe they will not actually make the official offer till tomorrow.

He did a map last year for the first time! And he says he put things about new job and more money on the last year's one. In which case, it's pretty cool that it may manifest in the very last hours of this map!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Postguys just as a reminder, I will put up a new thread tomorrow morning for our new 2012 TM year.

I'm Pacific time so let me get my son to school and then I'll put it up which should be shortly after the moon starts. 

This aries new moon has got a lot of energy this year, perhaps more than other TM years.   thanks to Uranus and Pluto.  Lots of breakthroughs for all of us.  

Yay!!!! I'm stoked!

#140 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 AM

joining you all! i may not post alot any more but i always get in on the treasure mapping!

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#141 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 11:02 AM

Unbelievably things are happening for me before I can even get the images glued down. I'm super excited for this one guys.. joy.gif

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#142 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I spent the morning cleaning my little office and doing a "cleansing" ritual. Then I burned last year's map and set up my supplies for tomorrow. I'm so ready.joy.gif
#143 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 11:46 AM

I am teaching this afternoon... an outdoor art lesson with 5th graders! So much fun!

The rest of today I hope to get our house clean and ready for my DD's 11th birthday party and sleepover this weekend. We've got plans Thursday night through Friday night, too. However, I decided to NOT plan for treasure mapping time and to let it happen. Last night, I got an email from my dad asking if he could take his granddaughter shopping after school on Thursday (for her birthday). I suggested he pick her up from school and take her to lunch (early day) and then go shopping. HE AGREED!!! So, if we finish getting the house ready today, then I will have a chunk of uninterrupted, unexpected time on Thursday to work on my treasure map. :)

If not, I'll find time next week somewhere....

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#144 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 12:45 PM

I have been cleaning like crazy for the last two weeks.  Every single cupboard, drawer, closet, nook and cranny in my house is 100% organized!  I cleaned things I have never cleaned before, like the top of doorjambs and windows. I cleaned blinds, scrubbed baseboards, vacuumed the pantry shelves, cleaned out and vacuumed my car and trunk, weeded my garden.  I thought TM time was my favorite time of the year, but I have felt so great about getting everything so sparkling clean, that the end of this map time has been my favorite time of this year!  All I need to do today is finish up some laundry and mop my floors, but after working nonstop for so many days, I am feeling so pooped today I just want to rest!  I am hoping for a second wind later on, because I definitely want my floors to feel nice and clean when I wake up for TM day tomorrow.  I was excited about planting seeds in my garden, which I do every year on this new moon, but it looks like a rainy yuck next few days weather wise here- I guess that just means more uninterrupted time for focusing on the map!

Mama to 3 boys 

#145 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 03:11 PM

House is cleared out and cleaned and (/fresh air/breathing deep!) ...change is inevitable, I can FEEL it joy.gif

I'm on Spring Break, so I can spend tomorrow working on my map and spend it with my father who is in town and spend it with my love who is off on Thursdays and spend it burning sage and listening to beautiful music and creating intentions for the next year of my life!!!

WOO!goodvibes.gif

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#146 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 03:20 PM

Oh, sage! I have some sage hydrosol I want to spritz about tonight or tomorrow before getting started. Cleansing, renewal, refreshing, releasing.... ahhhh...

Meanwhile, I am thrilled with the timing. TM time starts at 7:37 am here (PDT) and that is right as I am walking home from taking my daughter to school. How lovely to be outside in nature right at the beginning of the Aries new moon??? Soooo looking forward to it.... :D

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#147 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 07:34 PM

This feels like Christmas Eve!!!energy.gif

Valérie   
#148 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 PM

It does feel like Christmas Eve, Valerie, good analogy!

My de-cluttering and organizing process has been long--several years now--and I can't say I'm done yet, but looking around, I am very pleased.  Instead of pockets of order in a sea of chaos, which was a decent description a few years ago, now I have pockets of chaos remaining in a house that is mostly orderly.  I love it!  And the yard, even it looks quite respectable, and after the horrible drought Texas had last summer, I am in awe. 

Anyway, I'm going to try to fit in a trip to drop stuff off at the thrift store tomorrow morning, the pile is by the front door now, and then see how the day unfolds.  I'm not feeling that low-level anxiety about getting started this year, anxiety in a bad way of wanting to get things right or do them right, not the happy-excitement type.  I've made a lot of progress this year emotionally and with relationships--I can see room for further work, definitely, but I feel like I'm at a much more grounded place, and that feels nice. 

#149 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 09:04 PM

Wow, this is crazy.  The past few years this has taken place in April.  I have not been to this site for months, but felt compelled to come here today.  I have done the treasure map every year for the past 4 years with amazing results.  I am so excited to start tomorrow!!!!!!! :)

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

#150 of 162 Old 03-21-2012, 09:21 PM

I am anxious about being misinterpreted by my TM. -just putting that out here.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page