Prepping for the 2012 Treasure Map--- - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 162 Old 01-17-2012, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Gang,

The 2012 Treasure Map time is three months from now.

It is March 22 10:37am EST.

As we all know, we take that time to make a Treasure Map, a collage of all the things we want for the new year.  Yes, the new year starts in Spring not January.  

Anyway, between now and then we take time to clear out clutter and junk.  We get rid of stuff that is no longer working in our lives.  This includes tangible stuff and non tangible like 'beliefs' "opinions" 'styles" .

We start to clear space so that by the time we get to March 22 we'll be ready to set our course for our future.

For those of you who are still waiting for results for of your 2011 Treasure Map---please know it is still working.   I have had years where some of my greatest results did not come until the last couple weeks of the cycle.    Don't abandon your 2011 map, just start clearning space for 2012 and don't be surprised if some of 2011 starts to manifest.

Also if you have not looked at your 2011 map lately, pull it out and dust it off.

In the meantime, start to declutter.

hugs

Tracy

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#2 of 162 Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Subbing.  

Have you done a TM with Mars retrograde before this year, Tracy?

Mama to 3 boys 

#3 of 162 Old 01-17-2012, 07:34 PM

#4 of 162 Old 01-17-2012, 08:14 PM

i'm in! although i am posting under a new user name now, i have been amazed at the changes and how some of them have magically manifested. thank you for the decluttering reminder. i will redouble my efforts to get to work on it. two months is going to go fast!!

#5 of 162 Old 01-18-2012, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post

Subbing.  

Have you done a TM with Mars retrograde before this year, Tracy?

msshell,

I drafted the chart yesterday.  Yep, Mars is retro on the new moon but curiously it is trining Pluto in Cap. Given we are spending a tense  year between Uranus and Pluto that is going to bring bumps, it is nice to see Pluto working hand in hand with Mars on the new moon.   Also on the new moon is a conjunction with the Sun and Moon.   Frankly, it feels like Pluto and Uranus are grabbing other planets to take 'sides' for their summer battle.    All of this means the things that we are drawn to when we build our treasure maps will be significant for the  year of change. 

#6 of 162 Old 01-18-2012, 11:23 AM

Subbing...I remember years ago you, Tracy, saying that 2012 would be rough. I'm about as far from spiritual as you can get, especially at this point in my life, but it would be nice to put goals to paper and have them visible every day to help keep me on track.

Already started on the decluttering! I have a huge load of stuff to donate tomorrow...

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#7 of 162 Old 01-18-2012, 11:53 AM

I haven't done this for years, but was just thinking about it yesterday and starting to de-clutter .... Then, shabam, I come on here and you've started a new thread about it. I'm thinking that's a good sign that I should sub to the thread.
#8 of 162 Old 01-18-2012, 05:06 PM

Subbing.

Does all the decluttering I've been doing the last few months count? Not sure how much I'll be able to manage between now & March with a newborn.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#9 of 162 Old 01-18-2012, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

All the decluttering is good.  

And by the way, "doctor heal thy self" I have got a bunch of shelves and boxes that have accumalated since last Spring that need overhauling!

I did bring up 2012 years ago. Not in the doomsday way but that it was going to get rough and economics was involved.  I indicated 2008-2015 would be super bumpy.  Especially 2012-2015.   A lot of this has ties back to 1965 and 1966.  Things got set in motion that would be challenged now.    What exactly?  Making breakthroughs within a structure?  probably.

anyway, 2012 can be a good year for many of us.  Especially TreasureMappers!

#10 of 162 Old 01-18-2012, 07:14 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am in. Thanks Tracy. But I am not sure how much I can even think about a new TM at the moment. I am starting a new IVF cycle and trying to focus all of my energies on making it work, which would be my last uncompleted thing on my TM this year (getting pregnant, that is).

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#11 of 162 Old 01-19-2012, 05:55 AM

Can I join in? I am so excited as I feel very drawn to gathering my intentions, this sounds like the perfect focus point. Pluto has been square my natal pluto since jan 2011. Soon uranus moves to oppose pluto as well. Some days I feel like I should be looking for a cave to ride out the storm, but I know better.  Divine will (not ego's will) be done.

Wife om.gif mamaluxlove.gif to five And citizen of Earthearth.gif
#12 of 162 Old 01-19-2012, 01:44 PM

I'm in.

DD2 decided to declutter body toxines... she has Chicken Pox for the second time in her life...

We've start decluttering/organizing the office/learning space then I'll get on our bedroom bookcase. I also want to gather all my craft material and organize it in one place.

And I'm a few answers away from decluttering some fat. :-)

Valérie   
#13 of 162 Old 01-20-2012, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri31 View Post

Can I join in? I am so excited as I feel very drawn to gathering my intentions, this sounds like the perfect focus point. Pluto has been square my natal pluto since jan 2011. Soon uranus moves to oppose pluto as well. Some days I feel like I should be looking for a cave to ride out the storm, but I know better.  Divine will (not ego's will) be done.

Pluto Square Pluto and Uranus oppose pluto are generational aspects.  Everyone gets it around the same age.   Look to the houses for more personal input.  (4th house, home and family changes....9th house, education, philosophies.  ..etc.

there are no caves.   I remember pluto square my own pluto....I had to leave a high profile job because it was not authentically lined up with where I was heading.  My schedule and and calendar completely changed when I went freelance.   9th-6th.

#14 of 162 Old 01-21-2012, 07:11 AM

Subbing!

treehugger.gif Mom to jammin.gifDS7 and Peace.gifDD4.  Full time Social Work studentgeek.gif.
#15 of 162 Old 01-21-2012, 07:48 AM

holy sheep already?!

hh2.gif

#16 of 162 Old 01-23-2012, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Given it is Aquarius New Moon....and Happy Chinese new Year by the way...take a look at your existing map and see how you can get some community help for what you want to accomplish. 

If you don't have a map and are just prepping for the new one in Spring....consider how you connect to community now and retool it.  Also retool how you identify your inviduality.   What makes you different and celebrate it.   Not use it to separate from others but honor your difference and still be with community.

#17 of 162 Old 01-23-2012, 01:34 PM

I am very interested in this and think I get the basic idea of a Treasure Map - it's a big collage of things we want to manifest?? But would love more information specific to this venture. Especially what happens at  March 22 10:37am EST... is that when we design the map or do a ritual to bless it or?? And for west coast folks, would the time be 7:37 am?

Thanks much,

Rhianna

#18 of 162 Old 01-23-2012, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

yes, pacific time is three hours earlier.

You do not begin the map until that time.  Not a smidge earlier.

Ideally you will have the map completed within 3 days which is the New Moon phase of the Waxing moon.   However, you need the whole time before the quarter moon that will give you about 7 days.  If you need more time then you can take it up to Full Moon which give you basically two weeks.

Everyyear that I have done the maps and that is now going on 16 years, I've done it in the first 3 days.  However last year I completed my map just before full. 

#19 of 162 Old 01-24-2012, 09:23 AM

This year ought to be interesting! Our calendar is already booked for that time frame between school events and DD's birthday and girl scout events and travel.

Last year I was pressed for time and creativity was hiding, so I hung the word "laugh" (mirror letters) in a meaningful place to serve as my treasure map. I have been quite pleasantly rewarded by this gesture.

I spent the first 17 days of this month decluttering in a fun challenge (one item per day of the month; such as one item on the 1st, two items on the 2nd, etc). Our house is in pretty good shape, clutter-wise. I have one area to delve into in short spurts. Non-tangible decluttering is my focus lately. Powerful.

I will figure out something for this year. I love treasure mapping, especially connected to the moon.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#20 of 162 Old 01-24-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

We've start decluttering/organizing the office/learning space then I'll get on our bedroom bookcase. I also want to gather all my craft material and organize it in one place.

And I'm a few answers away from decluttering some fat. :-)

office/learning space is in progress :)

bedroom bookcase is almost done! And my dresser's top got cleared too!

craft material is all in one space! We'll organize it little by little.

I got my answers and I've take the first step in my fat decluttering project!  This was on my map and yes, my community is big big assets in manifesting my goal! I love the wisdom and support my friends are offering!

Valérie   
#21 of 162 Old 01-24-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandk0610 View Posthopefully we'll be in a new house by then and i can make one for our new life!

yeahthat.gif

I am hoping to SELL my house. It's been on the market a couple times since June '10 with no bites at all greensad.gif Anyone want a sweet little house in Asheville, NC? Know anybody who does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Postand see how you can get some community help for what you want to accomplish.

Like...for instance, spread word about my house at church? Is that the kind of thing you mean?

I already feel ready for the next map. I don't feel a whole lot of movement on this one, but I think I may have been too vague in some areas.

Not really vague about moving, I don't think-- I didn't put anything specifically about selling the house, though, since I felt strongly that putting images of it on my map might cement us to this house. I have been working on stopping calling it MY house and MY property and "home".  I did put, on this last map, things about finding our new apartment easily, and things like "we'll be there" and a picture of a moving truck and the name of the state we will be moving to.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#22 of 162 Old 01-24-2012, 10:01 AM

Subbing!  New to this, but I'm excited to work on this and am hoping my kids will do their own.

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." Buddha

#23 of 162 Old 01-24-2012, 12:12 PM

subbing!  Looking forward to doing this year's map.  Last year's has manifested pretty nicely and in some really interesting ways.  

I love the decluttering time, physically and mentally/spiritually/emotionally.  For me, it's a time to just lay everything to rest for a while, to stop worrying and just be.  Gosh, I really should do this more often. 

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#24 of 162 Old 01-24-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

yes, pacific time is three hours earlier.

You do not begin the map until that time.  Not a smidge earlier.

Ideally you will have the map completed within 3 days which is the New Moon phase of the Waxing moon.   However, you need the whole time before the quarter moon that will give you about 7 days.  If you need more time then you can take it up to Full Moon which give you basically two weeks.

Everyyear that I have done the maps and that is now going on 16 years, I've done it in the first 3 days.  However last year I completed my map just before full. 

Thanks for the details! So I googled Treasure Map but mostly got pirate related stuff for kids LOL I googled Vision Board and got what I think looks like what we're doing here.

But if anyone has examples to share or tips on what to include or what medium to use - that would be great!

#25 of 162 Old 01-24-2012, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

if you go to the middle of the current treasure map you will see some posting of map.

#26 of 162 Old 01-24-2012, 09:28 PM

Hello all,

Exciting!! I am not sure how much and in what forms my TM manifested this year (still working I know).  However, I have to say I've come a long way in terms of understanding since making my first TM last year.

I am very excited for this year, but I have a declutter/prep related question....

--I was unsure, but somehwat wanted to TTC and put it on my TM from last year, but I am very conflicted about career which I am trying to reboot and whether I want to try and concieve.  Heart says pregnancy, mind says you need to focus on money.

Anyway, so I've been clearing my 3 yr old daughter's closet and mostly donating old clothes, but I also feel I should keep all the stuff that could be used for the second baby if I did get pregnant by any chance, especially stuff that isn't gender specific.

First thought that comes is, I should chuck it all away, and take pleasure in buying new things when/if second one arrives.  Hanging onto stuff is only going to want make me pregnant so I can use and finish the stuff!  This is a big concern, especially, because I have a lot of her stuff, and toys, etc....and takes up a lot of space in a 3 room apartment which we are sharing with my parents in law... Logically I should organize and keep some of the stuff.  The heart says, you want a boy next anyway, just buy new things.. But then mind says you don't have a lot of money to spare to buy new things,, save what you can.....especially what if you have another girl....a lot of it could be re-used.

I know I should be  looking more inward, I feel very lost right now...Intuition and logic are completely mixing... :(

Looking forward to everyone's juicy input, Tracy I hope you too have something to say :)

Thanks for letting me share...

PS. Mind and Heart concur that if I had a decent job right now that paid sufficiently well, I would probably be trying really hard to get pregnant..But which comes first :(

#27 of 162 Old 01-27-2012, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Can't wait. This will be my third time Tmapping and I do see some progress each year. I think it helps us focus our goals and helps us ask the universe for help getting there.
#28 of 162 Old 01-27-2012, 09:35 AM

maybe we're both doing our house stuff "wrong?" is that possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

yeahthat.gif

I am hoping to SELL my house. It's been on the market a couple times since June '10 with no bites at all greensad.gif Anyone want a sweet little house in Asheville, NC? Know anybody who does?

Like...for instance, spread word about my house at church? Is that the kind of thing you mean?

I already feel ready for the next map. I don't feel a whole lot of movement on this one, but I think I may have been too vague in some areas.

Not really vague about moving, I don't think-- I didn't put anything specifically about selling the house, though, since I felt strongly that putting images of it on my map might cement us to this house. I have been working on stopping calling it MY house and MY property and "home".  I did put, on this last map, things about finding our new apartment easily, and things like "we'll be there" and a picture of a moving truck and the name of the state we will be moving to.

#29 of 162 Old 01-27-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandk0610 View Postmaybe we're both doing our house stuff "wrong?" is that possible?

I don't know. I hope not!

On 2010's map, I put pix of the actual house on there, and then I had the thought that putting the house on there might bind it to me, y'know? So I didn't put that on this past year's one. I put lots more things on there about moving, about finding our new apartment, things about the state we plan to move to. So far, nada. Cross fingers, though.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#30 of 162 Old 01-27-2012, 11:32 AM

I'm in for another year too!  Many things manifested on my 2011 map, some things that seemed impossible!, and I'm still holding out for the last few things on my list :) 

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page