Teaching my children spirituality - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-22-2012, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Im looking for resources to help teach my children about spirituality. I am Pagan, my dh probably leans more towards that than anything else, but isn't religious. We have just started going to a Unitarian Universalist church (literally a couple of times). I want to teach my children about the Wheel of the Year, and other Pagan beliefs. I am also interested in teaching them about just being a good person - I do like and agree with some of the Christian values and think they are great for families, but no one in my family will take well to these teachings when they seem overly Christian (mentioning too many times the name of God and Jesus) We do all believe in God, but we are not Christian. I myself have been pretty out of practice because when it came to having children and teaching them about spirituality I became lost and just kind of let it go to the wayside. For years now I have been searching for a way to have a spiritual outlet and have even tried several Christian churches (I was actually raised Mormon, but not baptized) but I never felt any of those churches were right. So far the UU church is nice. So my question is, does anyone have any great resources to help guide me on my quest to teach and give the gift of spirituality to my family? I do not want to teach them to be Pagan or Christian, but to have a good spiritual root and believe what they want and choose what religion they want when they get older. thanks so much

#2 of 2 Old 01-22-2012, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I love these. Sadly, I have a stack here at home but they seem to out of print.

http://blessedbee.com/issues/bb01txt-x.html

Looks like you order them here..

http://www.bbimedia.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=42_2&zenid=a1f70b87714db25b2c41e7415ad978ea

We honor seasons at our house.. no a belief in the big other in the sky. We do good works in our community. We are kind. We grow things.

We created a couple of ritual and parties to give our life some of the tradition and ritual that children seem to crave.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page