posting my joy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-23-2012, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just have to share this.

I connect with Mother Father God through a mystical Christian path.  I love it for the commitment to love and service on a profound and meaningful level.  We are very devotional and disciplined, almost monastic, but only for love and not out of tradition or for appearances.  We are also very engaged in the world, with families and jobs along with our spiritual life.  Our order is not huge, partly because not everyone wants to go this particular route with their spiritual life.  We respect & honor all faiths and traditions that move out of love and service to this planet and all its people.

So I feel like I belong to this unique kind of spiritual path that is sometimes not well understood among family and many friends.  Which is ok, being popuar was never the point.  (I am not using names to avoid any hint of proselytizing or advertising).

BUT- This week, two of our Master Teachers and many of our priests (mostly women) are in Australia at a spiritual festival created by a Guru there of high integrity and a similar, intensely devotional approach to spirituality.  This Guru and her followers are like our spiritual sisters and brothers that we never met.  It's like we had the same parents, but got adopted into different families and we are meeting after years of longing to know each other.   The love that is happening there and the deepening in consciousness and service is being shared via email and skype with us here who could not go, and it is giving me chills.

I am posting this because I want to celebrate the connection between two very different faiths on a very deep level.  It feels so important for this world that people gravitate to the love and let go of the differences and barriers, and here it is happening with thousands of people witnessing the union.

My heart is truly overjoyed.  I hope I have conveyed at least a bit of what is bringing that about, the triumph of sacred love over separation and differences.

blessings all

#2 of 2 Old 03-03-2012, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing your joy, Mimi luxlove.gif

Wife to Joe and Mama to Rosie, 6/28/06, Jack, 10/25/08 and JoJo 3/18/10.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page