March Pagan Family Circle - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 147 Old 03-25-2012, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post

I'm not truly 'home' until my yarn is situated. 

lol.gif  I'd love to knit but I can never get the hang of it.  Hope you post pics of your new home once you've gotten settled!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 147 Old 03-25-2012, 05:54 PM

I feel a bit disconnected here!  I've been knee deep in the TM process and have just been reading when I get the chance...

HELLO to everybody and WELCOME and WELCOME BACK!  joy.gif

Okay, so I've had a bit of a conundrum lately and I'm hoping you mamas can give me some direction on it.

I grew up in a United Methodist church in a small town.  The church was not a good fit for me - a lot of this came from it being a very clique-y church.  You were either in or you weren't.  Guess what?  My family really wasn't.  I did love the friends I had in the church, some of them are still in my life.  However, the hypocrisy was waaaay too much and I never went back after leaving high school.  During the time I was there, however, I did have a pastor who was incredible.  He never went by Rev.  he had us address him as Max.  Before coming to our community he was involved in a lot of social equality projects in his area.  I don't just mean sitting on boards I mean knee deep - hands on.  During our confirmation he took us to be part of the work he had done, to see it and get involved with it for a weekend.  It was one of those life changing experiences.  It wasn't so much about being Christian but being a part of the human race.  One of the few people who I have met from this particular faith that live what they preach.  

Some time after I stopped attending the church I had a dream about him passing.  I was standing by his casket and there was a notion of "it's your turn now" - this was at least a decade ago but the scene is fresh in my mind's eye as if I had the dream last night.  

Fast forward to this past Thursday.  Yes, the morning of the new moon.  Max passes away.  I'm very sad over his passing, though I haven't seen him in 15 years.  My conundrum is...Do I go to his memorial service? On one hand, I want to go to pay respect to him.  On the other, the thought of entering that church and the people I would encounter from my past makes me sick.  When I did my TM a lot of my sentiments were "let go" "let it be" etc.  I'm trying to let the past be - but this feels big to me.  Part of me says to heck with it.  I should go and pay my respects and sit through the service and jet.  The other part of me thinks it would be nice to have my own solitary ceremony - near the river with the elements - and pay my respects that way.  I am torn.  Any thoughts???  

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#123 of 147 Old 03-26-2012, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

Welcome back, Ian'smomaya and Mary3mama (I'm excited for you, Mary, about your new house!)

Thanks!! joy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

lol.gif  I'd love to knit but I can never get the hang of it.  Hope you post pics of your new home once you've gotten settled!

Well...since you asked. winky.gif
I will post some pix eventually. orngbiggrin.gif

It took me a little bit of trying (ok, 6 months of trying and cursing) to get the hang of knitting. And then about another 6 months of doing it poorly before it started looking right. I've been knitting for over 3 years now and it's like breathing to me -- completely and utterly essential. 2whistle.gif

As a strategy to deal with my stress levels over the last month (getting a mortgage, packing, moving, unpacking) I worked on my crocheting abilities. I had learned the basics (poorly) 2 years ago but never enjoyed it. 
Now I'm finding it easy and satisfying. I used to scoff when crocheters told me that it was easier than knitting. Now I get it. It is 'easier' in its own way. I would totally encourage anyone who is having trouble getting the hang of knitting to try it. It uses some of the same skills -- especially controlling the tension of the yarn. 

I think of crocheting as a lovely 'gateway drug' towards the addiction of knitting now. ROTFLMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Fast forward to this past Thursday.  Yes, the morning of the new moon.  Max passes away.  I'm very sad over his passing, though I haven't seen him in 15 years.  My conundrum is...Do I go to his memorial service? On one hand, I want to go to pay respect to him.  On the other, the thought of entering that church and the people I would encounter from my past makes me sick.  When I did my TM a lot of my sentiments were "let go" "let it be" etc.  I'm trying to let the past be - but this feels big to me.  Part of me says to heck with it.  I should go and pay my respects and sit through the service and jet.  The other part of me thinks it would be nice to have my own solitary ceremony - near the river with the elements - and pay my respects that way.  I am torn.  Any thoughts???  

Maybe the 'let go/let it be' message is about letting go of the baggage that would keep you away from the memorial service?

Whether you decide to go or not, the inspiration to release any lingering baggage might be one of his most enduring legacies for you. luxlove.gif

Maryhippie.gif

#124 of 147 Old 03-26-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassesgirlnj View Post

I'd like to join the PFC threads, if I may...  I just had a baby girl last November, and I've been practicing Vodou for years (I'm a mambo si pwen - sort of "second degree" - in a Haitian-American house in Brooklyn.)

We live in the NYC metro area.  I'm a WOHM and my spouse is a WAHP.  What else would you like to know?  smile.gif

Congrats on you baby girl:)  My kids are also November babies:)  the 18th.  Welcome to the group.

Quote:

This is so tough.  I think I would have a difficult time going unless I had someone who was with me for support.  I think if you don't feel like you can go, don't want to deal with the other people there is nothing wrong with giving your respects in your own private way. I would be the type of person who would have a private service. Sorry I am no help but I think you should do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable and able to say goodbye show your respect when you are not consumed/distracted with  other people and what they might be thinking/doing/saying, whatever.

Quote:

It took me a little bit of trying (ok, 6 months of trying and cursing) to get the hang of knitting. And then about another 6 months of doing it poorly before it started looking right. I've been knitting for over 3 years now and it's like breathing to me -- completely and utterly essential. 2whistle.gif

Knitting is still on my list of things to do!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#125 of 147 Old 03-26-2012, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Welcome! Also to Nature, whom I don't recall. All the newbies and come-backs, yay!

When in November, glasses? My birthday is November 17th orngbiggrin.gif Congrats!

I'm working on my Map, too. Catching up on email real quick, and I did some grocery shopping (BOY, computer ink really cuts into the grocery budget...sigh...)

Thanks so much for the welcome back!

Quote:

Quote:

Welcome.gif {back} 

More unpacking and organizing at the new house. We are mostly done with it -- but I still need to get the kids' clothes organized and then my yarn stash unpacked and settled in to its new home. winky.gif I'm not truly 'home' until my yarn is situated. 

Hubby is at the old house today painting and getting it prepped and ready for listing for sale. He's got our eldest child (12 but the size of a 16yo) helping him. Hopefully they will get tons done inside today while it rains and work on landscaping projects tomorrow with nicer weather.

I have the 'littles' with me today. A friend gave us a used yamaha keyboard yesterday -- and my daughter is happily, creatively obsessed with using it. 

Thanks! we just started feeling settled in to the new house this winter. it'll be two years in august.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

Welcome glasses!  I'd be interested to hear more about your practice.  I have been around for a few years now, but have become an infrequent poster here lately.  I'm a mom of 3,  - 5, 8 and 13, work full time and am a student. Busy now with homework and plans for the garden.

Welcome back, Ian'smomaya and Mary3mama (I'm excited for you, Mary, about your new house!)

I'm trying to get going on my TM, today....

Thanks! the welcomes feel so good!

Quote:

HELLO to everybody and WELCOME and WELCOME BACK!  joy.gif

Okay, so I've had a bit of a conundrum lately and I'm hoping you mamas can give me some direction on it.

I grew up in a United Methodist church in a small town.  The church was not a good fit for me - a lot of this came from it being a very clique-y church.  You were either in or you weren't.  Guess what?  My family really wasn't.  I did love the friends I had in the church, some of them are still in my life.  However, the hypocrisy was waaaay too much and I never went back after leaving high school.  During the time I was there, however, I did have a pastor who was incredible.  He never went by Rev.  he had us address him as Max.  Before coming to our community he was involved in a lot of social equality projects in his area.  I don't just mean sitting on boards I mean knee deep - hands on.  During our confirmation he took us to be part of the work he had done, to see it and get involved with it for a weekend.  It was one of those life changing experiences.  It wasn't so much about being Christian but being a part of the human race.  One of the few people who I have met from this particular faith that live what they preach.  

Some time after I stopped attending the church I had a dream about him passing.  I was standing by his casket and there was a notion of "it's your turn now" - this was at least a decade ago but the scene is fresh in my mind's eye as if I had the dream last night.  

thanks for the welcome! i think you should go. it can be final closure on your relationship with that church. when i haven't gone to a funeral i have felt regret over it. and i am so sorry about the passing. i hope it wasn't painful.

Things here in minnesota are weird weather wise. it was in the high 70's last week and how its back to normal of a high of 45 degrees (which i LOVE) mail box day for me, i have raspberry canes to send out to a number of people and so soapmaking to do. i had a set back with the treasure map. my sons cousin (who is my age) came over, she was in the room that my treasure maps lives in until its done, well, it appears the she knocked all the cut outs on to the floor. spread the all over. which is disapointing for me. back to the drawing board so to speak. i know itll be fine and good, but it is an example of her self centerness and frusterates me.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#126 of 147 Old 03-26-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostDo I go to his memorial service? On one hand, I want to go to pay respect to him.  On the other, the thought of entering that church and the people I would encounter from my past makes me sick.  When I did my TM a lot of my sentiments were "let go" "let it be" etc.  I'm trying to let the past be - but this feels big to me.  Part of me says to heck with it.  I should go and pay my respects and sit through the service and jet.  The other part of me thinks it would be nice to have my own solitary ceremony - near the river with the elements - and pay my respects that way.  I am torn.  Any thoughts??? 

I hear that you very much want to go, but are torn because of your past connections to everyone else/everything else about that church. My thought is go. But my thought is also: think this through, and if you think you will look back and wish you had done otherwise, then go with what will make you NOT regret in the future. If you think you will regret not going, then go. Plus, after 15 years, I mean...you have probably changed, people have probably changed, and get good at small talk in the meanwhile (remember "pass the bean dip?" winky.gif) Then you can just jet afterwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View PostI used to scoff when crocheters told me that it was easier than knitting. Now I get it. It is 'easier' in its own way. I would totally encourage anyone who is having trouble getting the hang of knitting to try it. It uses some of the same skills -- especially controlling the tension of the yarn. 

I think of crocheting as a lovely 'gateway drug' towards the addiction of knitting now. ROTFLMAO.gif

My mom knits in what is called "the European way", which is more like crocheting than the American way of knitting. I have seen both, though I can do neither (nor crochet, though I have tried all 3) and the European way is really cool-- it's all one-handed. No letting go of anything to put yarn over the needle. It's all done like crocheting, feeding the yarn with one hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Postwell, it appears the she knocked all the cut outs on to the floor. spread the all over. which is disapointing for me. back to the drawing board so to speak. i know itll be fine and good, but it is an example of her self centerness and frusterates me.

I bet! Maybe look at it like the Universe's way of saying you need to mix it up and do it over again!

I keep having to stop and wash the glue stick off my hands. I'm almost done-- two more sections to glue down and then the bling! I am veering towards adding stuff with my ds's pastels. I have never added my own artwork before-- just snazzy glittery bling from the scrapbooking section of the craft stores. I might do both! I might add glitter. Dunno yet.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#127 of 147 Old 03-26-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:

My mom knits in what is called "the European way", which is more like crocheting than the American way of knitting. I have seen both, though I can do neither (nor crochet, though I have tried all 3) and the European way is really cool-- it's all one-handed. No letting go of anything to put yarn over the needle. It's all done like crocheting, feeding the yarn with one hand.

Yep -- that's typically called Continental knitting. I can knit that way as well, but it is clumsier for me. But all this practice I've been doing with crocheting has really helped me with better yarn tension with my left hand. That has been the obstacle for me with continental knitting. 

Oops. There I go off into knitting talk again. It is a sickness...I'm telling ya' Sheepish.gif

Almost completely unpacked & organized. It is SO much easier to move from a little house to a bigger one (our last move was the opposite -- which is NO fun.)

I need to find a home for my sewing machine and I'm done. 

thumb.gif

Maryhippie.gif

#128 of 147 Old 03-26-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:

I need to find a home for my sewing machine and I'm done. 

thumb.gif

So exciting!  I love settling in to a new home. I love the moment when it all clicks and suddenly feels like 'home'.  So cozy and comforting!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#129 of 147 Old 03-26-2012, 04:33 PM

Maiasaura, my daughter's bday is November 28th.  She better get used to having a pumpkin pie with a candle in it for her birthday! ;)  Also, adding glitter is never a bad thing, IMO...

Mary, I've resisted getting an e-reader so far, because I'm terrified I would spill hot tea on it, or leave it on the train, or something.  I know a lot of people who love them, though... WRT knitting, I had one lesson from a friend, but haven't kept up with it.  But it does seem to be very relaxing!

Aubergine, what would you like to know about Vodou?  I can recommend some books and webpages, if you want. 

Vydalea, are you afraid you would run into a lot of people you know at the memorial service? I can appreciate that, if it would feel like "another lifetime ago" to you.  Have you done a divination on it, or gotten one from somebody you trust? (Apologies if you've mentioned this and I'm just being a space cadet!!) 

Ian'smommya, what kinds of soaps do you make?  Handmade bath & body junkie here.  :) 

As for us, Annamaria rolled over from her stomach to her back this weekend!  Very exciting (well, exciting for her parents & grandma, anyway.)

#130 of 147 Old 03-27-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

So exciting!  I love settling in to a new home. I love the moment when it all clicks and suddenly feels like 'home'.  So cozy and comforting!

Definitely! We've only been here for less than 2 weeks but it felt like home almost immediately. This house has such a lovely flow and energy to it. I feel so at peace here and very secure.

The children feel it too -- even if they are not able to express it with language. Their calm, contented, 'settling in' shows every day. They play together differently. They engage one another differently. Before our space was so small that there was no choice but to be together. Now there is plenty of space to be by oneself when one chooses. It makes all the difference in their irritation levels with one another. They each have their own cozy room where they are known to disappear for solitary play when they have had enough of one another or just need solitude. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassesgirlnj View Post

Mary, I've resisted getting an e-reader so far, because I'm terrified I would spill hot tea on it, or leave it on the train, or something.  I know a lot of people who love them, though... WRT knitting, I had one lesson from a friend, but haven't kept up with it.  But it does seem to be very relaxing!

Well, leaving them somewhere is always a worry. I have created routines for myself so that I don't leave my iPhone anywhere -- same with my knitting supplies and children. winky.gif

As for keeping them dry most of the electronic devices have some sort of water-resistant skin you can purchase to protect them. 

I have a knitting basket that is almost always wherever I am. If I don't have a pocket big enough for my phone...it goes in the basket. Same with my knitting stuff....in the basket. It has seriously saved my sanity many, many days.

Knitting is terribly relaxing -- at least once you get the hang of it. And, for me at least, it has helped me to be both more patient and more mindful. I can knit/crochet just about anywhere while my children play -- like at a playground or playplace or anywhere I can sit nearby and observe. They are old enough now that they don't need (and rarely want) me to play with them so I find a good viewing vantage point and start 'yarning.' Without a project I might be eager to move along in 30 minutes. With a project in hand I am good for hours. We all benefit. orngbiggrin.gif

Changing topics: Anyone here familiar with 'What the Bleep?' Show/book/blog? It's on Netflix instant streaming now -- show version stars Marlee Matlin. I think it was made in 2004...so been around for a while and discussed back then no doubt. I just discovered it about a month ago and it has been totally paradigm-shifty for me and has so impacted my spirituality....

Maryhippie.gif

#131 of 147 Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 AM

treehugger.gif

I'm glued to my TMap for now...

Will be back to regular life once my heart/soul have fully expressed themselves through this creative manifestation! modifiedartist.gif

Valérie   
#132 of 147 Old 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM

Hi!! Sorry I've been gone so much. It's been crazy here. My dad ended up back in the hospital due to a mixture of an unknown virus and a bad combo of pain meds. He was throwing up every 15 minutes for about six hours and off and on after that, dehydrated, having flu symptoms and a serious case of vertigo. He's much better now though he still can't look at words without getting dizzy. On the plus side his still very positive about his leg and there wasn't/isn't anything wrong with the incisions so woo!

DH, though...sigh...DH was sick a few weeks ago and his boss seems to be punishing him for it. Boss keeps taking DH's shifts and giving them to other people. He's either not scheduling DH or scheduling him to "clean". DH says boss is giving him the impression he doesn't believe DH was sick. So he seems to be punishing him/trying to push DH out because its cheaper to schedule him less and have DH quit than outright fire him and have to pay unemployment. Sad thing is, he's punishing my entire family because DH's income is the only income we have. We're paycheck to paycheck as it is and this is going to kill us. Thank the Gods it happened after tax time but we're going to burn through our tax return real fast this way. So now DH is on the hunt for a new job and he's depressed cuz he's back to job hunting for the fourth time in as many years (graduated school, job, fired, job, got a better job, better job is a bleeping lemon, he's searching again). Its extremely disheartening. So I've mostly been hanging w/ DH, trying to perk him up. It hasn't worked. Anyway, sorry, just had to word vomit that out. 

But between the two things, I've not even checked my email or facebook lately. So I'm hoping in the next couple of days I will get caught up with the March thread just in time for the April thread. I hope you all are doing well and that your Treasure Maps have turned out well so far!!

blowkiss.gif

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#133 of 147 Old 03-28-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View Post

Its extremely disheartening. So I've mostly been hanging w/ DH, trying to perk him up. It hasn't worked. Anyway, sorry, just had to word vomit that out. 

stillheart.gif  grouphug.gif

Maryhippie.gif

#134 of 147 Old 03-28-2012, 06:41 AM

grouphug.gif

Valérie   
#135 of 147 Old 03-28-2012, 06:53 AM

I will be thinking about you, 3X Mama!  Let me know if you're interested in any simple conjure-type stuff you can do at home, for the health of family members or for prosperity.

#136 of 147 Old 03-28-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View Post

Hi!! Sorry I've been gone so much. It's been crazy here. My dad ended up back in the hospital due to a mixture of an unknown virus and a bad combo of pain meds. He was throwing up every 15 minutes for about six hours and off and on after that, dehydrated, having flu symptoms and a serious case of vertigo. He's much better now though he still can't look at words without getting dizzy. On the plus side his still very positive about his leg and there wasn't/isn't anything wrong with the incisions so woo!

DH, though...sigh...DH was sick a few weeks ago and his boss seems to be punishing him for it. Boss keeps taking DH's shifts and giving them to other people. He's either not scheduling DH or scheduling him to "clean". DH says boss is giving him the impression he doesn't believe DH was sick. So he seems to be punishing him/trying to push DH out because its cheaper to schedule him less and have DH quit than outright fire him and have to pay unemployment. Sad thing is, he's punishing my entire family because DH's income is the only income we have. We're paycheck to paycheck as it is and this is going to kill us. Thank the Gods it happened after tax time but we're going to burn through our tax return real fast this way. So now DH is on the hunt for a new job and he's depressed cuz he's back to job hunting for the fourth time in as many years (graduated school, job, fired, job, got a better job, better job is a bleeping lemon, he's searching again). Its extremely disheartening. So I've mostly been hanging w/ DH, trying to perk him up. It hasn't worked. Anyway, sorry, just had to word vomit that out. 

But between the two things, I've not even checked my email or facebook lately. So I'm hoping in the next couple of days I will get caught up with the March thread just in time for the April thread. I hope you all are doing well and that your Treasure Maps have turned out well so far!!

blowkiss.gif

oh bunny! how awful!

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#137 of 147 Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 AM

3x: MAMA!!! grouphug.gif  What a BS move on your DH's boss' part.  yuck.  I hope the Universe brings him something soon.  You know, when a door closes a window opens, or however the cliche goes.  I am sending you lots of loving, positive, hopeful energy.  heartbeat.gif

mary3mama: HOORAY for your family feeling settled in!  What a fabulous feeling!  Please, do post pictures!  And I agree, I love knitting, too.  I must say, likely not as much as you but I love to sit on my couch at night and knit away.  I've only tried scarves and now a couple of blankets but I don't know if I'm interested in doing anything that requires much thought.  I like getting in the groove of knit knit knit...the needles clicking, the beautiful colors, it's like a meditation!

glassesgirl: I love my e-reader.  It has net access, too, which is nice.  i have one of the skins that mary3mama was talking about it's a shock absorbing, water repelling protective layer.  SO FAR, it works *knock on wood*.  AND YAY!! on baby girl rolling over.  It is a big deal - knowing that your kid is hitting healthy milestones!!  

iansmommaya and glassesgirl: Talk to me about making your own soap.  I use an olive oil and aloe bar that I LOOOOOVE and I would like to learn how to make my own.  If you have any insights for me, i'd love to hear them!!

Thanks, mamas, for weighing in on my dilemma of whether or not to attend the memorial service.  I have decided, after much rumination, divination (thanks for that idea, glassesgirl) and consultation that I will not be going.  I found some rituals online and I think finding a sacred space of my own and remembering him will be the best for me.  I so appreciate everyone's POV on this.  I think in going I will regret it more, I will be concentrating on myself and others and not on the memorial (like you said, redveg!).  This way, I can concentrate on what is important.  

Quote:
Whether you decide to go or not, the inspiration to release any lingering baggage might be one of his most enduring legacies for you. luxlove.gif

yeahthat.gif

It's raining here today and I'm kind of basking in it, actually.  It's been weeks and the ground (my peas) need a good soaking!!!  Somehow rain helps me feel relaxed and feels like permission to chill...cozy up with tea and a blanket and some books.  teapot2.GIF

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#138 of 147 Old 03-28-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:

iansmommaya and glassesgirl: Talk to me about making your own soap.  I use an olive oil and aloe bar that I LOOOOOVE and I would like to learn how to make my own.  If you have any insights for me, i'd love to hear them!!

Thanks, mamas, for weighing in on my dilemma of whether or not to attend the memorial service.  I have decided, after much rumination, divination (thanks for that idea, glassesgirl) and consultation that I will not be going.  I found some rituals online and I think finding a sacred space of my own and remembering him will be the best for me.  I so appreciate everyone's POV on this.  I think in going I will regret it more, I will be concentrating on myself and others and not on the memorial (like you said, redveg!).  This way, I can concentrate on what is important.  

yeahthat.gif

It's raining here today and I'm kind of basking in it, actually.  It's been weeks and the ground (my peas) need a good soaking!!!  Somehow rain helps me feel relaxed and feels like permission to chill...cozy up with tea and a blanket and some books.  teapot2.GIF

nice!i love the rain, moreso when i am inside.

i know the soap your talking about. i make the same kind, with lye. how far are you in knowing about it? its fairly basic in principle. mix lye into liquid. add fat. stir. pour into mold. let set. unmold. cure. use. obviously there is more to it then that.

i am still spring cleaning. it feels so good to get the winter cobwebs out and get rid of all the stuff that accumulated since last year.

#139 of 147 Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 AM

3X, how are you doing today? Your poor DH. I hate when I do something honest and upright and I get accused of lying. That is such a dirty, helpless feeling hug2.gif  I hope something better comes for him soon.

Did I tell y'all that M got his new job? joy.gif He is really, really nervous. He starts on Monday. But 3x's situation got me thinking, M got his current job back after a period of unemployment, a year and a half ago. This guy was willing to hire M back, but at a greatly reduced rate. And then for the next year and a half (up to now) proceeded to treat M worse and worse till M was constantly worried that he'd be fired, for no apparent reason than his boss had a hissy fit over something. Now that M is starting this new job on Monday, he got sent home today for good-- M was willing to work out the week, but his boss finally found a reason to just tell him to get out. What an arse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vydalea View PostI like getting in the groove of knit knit knit...the needles clicking, the beautiful colors, it's like a meditation!

Thanks, mamas, for weighing in on my dilemma of whether or not to attend the memorial service.  I have decided, after much rumination, divination (thanks for that idea, glassesgirl) and consultation that I will not be going.

Somehow rain helps me feel relaxed and feels like permission to chill...cozy up with tea and a blanket and some books.  teapot2.GIF

I was told once that if knitting feels more like a chore than meditation, it's not for you. I wish I could get into it-- but for me, it's maddening. It hurts my hands, my eyes, drives me utterly nuts. I want to want to knit, but I just can't get into it.

I'm glad you made a decision that sits right for you, vydalea.

Rain-- me lurve rain, too! It's sunny and gorgeous out today. Supposed to hit 76*!!! Ugh. Way too warm for me, but it's pretty.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#140 of 147 Old 03-29-2012, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

hug2.gif3x Mama. I hope his ideal job comes through.

I finished my treasure map. I'm very pleased with it.

The weather continues to stay unseasonably warm, but my eldest still has chicken pox. I can't wait until everyone's healthy again.

candle.gif for Earl Scruggs who passed yesterday. My father exposed me to bluegrass music as a kid, and as an adult, I find playing the banjo the most relaxing. I may not play Scruggs style, but I couldn't be a banjo player without appreciating of the impact of his life on the banjo.

candle.gif for Adrienne Rich who also slipped through the veil. Here's one of my favorite poems of hers, Transcendental Etude:

No one ever told us we had to study our lives,
make of our lives a study, as if learning natural history
or music, that we should begin
with the simple exercises first
and slowly go on trying
the hard ones, practicing till strength
and accuracy became one with the daring
to leap into transcendence, take the chance
of breaking down the wild arpeggio
or faulting the full sentence of the fugue.
--And in fact we can't live like that: we take on
everything at once before we've even begun
to read or mark time, we're forced to begin
in the midst of the hard movement,
the one already sounding as we are born.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#141 of 147 Old 03-31-2012, 06:35 AM

Where is everybody? I can't believe tomorrow is April already.

#142 of 147 Old 03-31-2012, 02:06 PM

here! i was working doing a sale all day. it was wonderful. super successful and i sold a bunch! i got to visit with a ton of people and i brought my items to a pagan store and community meeting place and hopefully i will be having them for sale there.

today was all around a wonderful day. now to relax for a few minutes, fix dinner and settle in for the night.

#143 of 147 Old 03-31-2012, 04:20 PM

We had a busy day. Went to an Easter Egg hunt, and then down to a local town's spring stroll to look around. It was fun!

I've been on a special diet to cure candida. Anyone here do that before? Plus, I apparently react to dairy as well as gluten, so I've been avoiding those too. So right now I only eat meat and veggies, basically. Beans are a no-no, too. It could be worse, I guess. I did try Maia's cocoa crack suggestion, which helps!

Come ponder with me about food!
#144 of 147 Old 03-31-2012, 05:29 PM

Sounds similar to what I had to do to stabilize on Phase 3 of the HCG diet... No dairy, no eggs, no nuts + the no starch and no sugar that is part of the diet... And I had to eat 2000 calories each day... Yup! Challenging! Coconut oil and coconut milk where my best friends (with cocoa and stevia).

Valérie   
#145 of 147 Old 03-31-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View PostI've been on a special diet to cure candida. Anyone here do that before? Plus, I apparently react to dairy as well as gluten, so I've been avoiding those too. So right now I only eat meat and veggies, basically. Beans are a no-no, too. It could be worse, I guess. I did try Maia's cocoa crack suggestion, which helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View PostSounds similar to what I had to do to stabilize on Phase 3 of the HCG diet... No dairy, no eggs, no nuts + the no starch and no sugar that is part of the diet... And I had to eat 2000 calories each day... Yup! Challenging! Coconut oil and coconut milk where my best friends (with cocoa and stevia).

We need to start another thread just for us, then thumb.gif because I do want to continue this conversation! Valerie, did dairy make you gain weight on P3? Did it correct itself when you stopped eating it?

Witchy, my friend on FB is kind of paleo, and she posted a coffee that had (I kid you not) butter and coconut oil-- but blended in. It looked like it had cream in it, but it doesn't, and she and her mom both swear by it. Soon as I'm in P3 again I am going to try it! Hey, if you come by a cheap (like Goodwill) stick blender, pick it up for me and I will figure out how to get it from you next time I am up there!

Yeah, I do miss beans. Sigh.

I am going to go create the April thread just so I can go HA tomorrow morning! ROTFLMAO.gif

#146 of 147 Old 04-01-2012, 05:30 AM

#147 of 147 Old 04-01-2012, 05:53 AM

If my stick blender worked, I'd just give you mine. But it basically whirs and does nothing useful. I will keep a look out for both of us.

Butter and coconut oil sounds delish, but no butter for me for awhile. I'm so sad about that.

Quote:

Quote:

We need to start another thread just for us, then thumb.gif because I do want to continue this conversation! Valerie, did dairy make you gain weight on P3? Did it correct itself when you stopped eating it?

Witchy, my friend on FB is kind of paleo, and she posted a coffee that had (I kid you not) butter and coconut oil-- but blended in. It looked like it had cream in it, but it doesn't, and she and her mom both swear by it. Soon as I'm in P3 again I am going to try it! Hey, if you come by a cheap (like Goodwill) stick blender, pick it up for me and I will figure out how to get it from you next time I am up there!

Yeah, I do miss beans. Sigh.

I am going to go create the April thread just so I can go HA tomorrow morning! ROTFLMAO.gif

Come ponder with me about food!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page