The official 2012 Treasure Map Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 190 Old 03-24-2012, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We find the right home for the right price in the right neighborhood for dh, the children and I to have a private home of o:eatur own. I honor my mil and our relationship is kind and fulfilling.

Afm almost done. I have a blank space that is bugging me. I was going to put the word "no" on my board but ditched it at the last minute. Dh has a cut out of that word in his pile.

Thoughts on that word?

hh2.gif

#62 of 190 Old 03-24-2012, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

mysticmomma, I'm no expert, but I try to focus on what I want, things that are all about Yes, for my TM.  What is the No in relation to?  Something like saying no to things (excess commitments, things you don't want to do but feel compelled to agree to), maybe something about setting healthy limits?  I try to turn things around so that the positive that I want to happen is shown somehow.

I just found a couple of really great pics on google images.  I've gotten a few pics and at least as many words from my magazines this year, but nothing has been as compelling as this last pic I have, of a road heading toward some beautiful, snow-capped mountains.  I just love it.  I should start searching for a nice SOLD sign in front of a house too (a nicely landscaped house, we've salvaged our yard after the horrible drought last year, and it's looking pretty good). 

#63 of 190 Old 03-24-2012, 09:50 PM

I'm really finding gorgeous photos on http://www.gettyimages.com ...you have to sign up to remove the watermarks, but it's worth it !!!

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#64 of 190 Old 03-24-2012, 09:56 PM

Also, I'm having an urge to do a collage-type map this year instead of the usual compartmentalized map I've done in the past AND I'm also feeling a pull to do an art project for my career/education area of my life... this year will really be me diving headfirst into my career/education and being extremely proactive with it, SO I would like to keep that as an its own individual project and do the collage of family, friends, and hobbies, etc... I'm trusting my instinct on this one!!!

Hope you're all well and enjoying the process!

#65 of 190 Old 03-24-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post

How have you done them on the computer, Devaskyla?  (if you don't mind sharing).  I bought magazines and all but haven't really gotten anything and have been wondering how to do it on the computer this year.  I thought about pinterest, but that's not private!  

I use google to find images, then create a "posterboard" in a graphics program and copy the images onto it, then add any words/affirmations I want and save it. Here's an example from a few years ago http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/devaskyla/treasure%20map/family-health.jpg

Then I set the picture(s) as my background.

Quote:
Are you able to print out images you find and glue those to something? That way you can make a "real" board without the cost of one. Or draw/paint/color images and write down words on paper to get that physical TM. TM's don't have to be costly or even cost, I believe, it comes more from the intentions and energy.

Only in black & white. Hmm...I'll have to ponder some.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#66 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 04:08 AM

Oof! As soon as I put my head on my pillow last night I was filled with inspiration about my map. I ended up getting back up and working on it allllllllll night. Yay for pregnancy insomnia.... sort of. LOL. I figured out my dilemma for the two houses I wanted to depict, and got the whole map DONE! Hooray! Luckily I'm able to completely relax today, so I think I'm going to attempt to finally get some sleep!

SAHMhippie.gif married to DH treehugger.gif since 09/11. Mama to DD (01/08)dust.gifand DS (06/12) babyboy.gif

#67 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 05:00 AM

Thanks Maiasaura, am looking up synonyms in another window as I type this :)  I guess I am being overly cautious and don't want the UNIVERSE to be really clear about what I want.  Although, from the Law of Attraction I understand, if you have fear and that is what you are focused, it doesn't allow what you logically want to come into fruition. So, I need to meditate/release now.  Good Luck with yours!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

I'd focus on the outcomes - TM the home you want, the relationships you want with your dh and dd and just say something like "I have a great relationship with my MIL"  and trust that the conditions that will make this possible will come about? I would be putting "A home of our own" on the map in that case if it were me.

Thank you for the ideas Aubergine68, I am taking the day off today and at night after DD goes to bed, I will start TMing with fresh eyes, after investing in one more final magazine.  Meanwhile, I am feeling the need to release my fears around separation and my frustration with M-I-L, almost not ready to let go off the grudge, so that I can be done with her and it will allow me to leave her and move out.  Sometimes, these things happen because the subconscious wants a stronger reason to do what I should be doing or have done already. I don't know if I am going anywhere with this, but will definitely meditate on releasing/allowing things to come with happiness/peace before I start back on the TM.

Thanks again. Good Luck!

#68 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaInTheDesert View PostOof! As soon as I put my head on my pillow last night I was filled with inspiration about my map. I ended up getting back up and working on it allllllllll night. Yay for pregnancy insomnia.... sort of. LOL. I figured out my dilemma for the two houses I wanted to depict, and got the whole map DONE! Hooray! Luckily I'm able to completely relax today, so I think I'm going to attempt to finally get some sleep!

lol.gif

Isn't that always the way? I don't think that's just pregnancy. I do it, too.

SO...please do share about how you resolved? Because I kind of am doing the same thing. I am SO ready to release this house and move up north, but yet I have to act as if we're staying here, in the meanwhile. Ugh. You kwim, signing ds up for things, paying for school field trips, that sort of thing. I want to MOVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View PostWe find the right home for the right price in the right neighborhood for dh, the children and I to have a private home of our own. I honor my mil and our relationship is kind and fulfilling.
Afm almost done. I have a blank space that is bugging me. I was going to put the word "no" on my board but ditched it at the last minute. Dh has a cut out of that word in his pile.
Thoughts on that word?

Oooh, I like your affirmation about her house/MIL!

"NO"-- I wouldn't do it. But that's me. I would reframe it in the positive. Do you want to share more details about this particular word and its meaning for you on this map? Maybe we can all help you come up with something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View PostAlso, I'm having an urge to do a collage-type map this year instead of the usual compartmentalized map I've done in the past

What do you mean? Not have sections, you mean, just mix-and-match everywhere? I want to do that-- but my damn organizational-brain-in-progress wants to have sections. And some are rather empty while some are overflowing. Maybe I should just....blur the borders a bit yikes2.gif lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View PostI use google to find images, then create a "posterboard" in a graphics program and copy the images onto it, then add any words/affirmations I want and save it. Here's an example from a few years ago http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/devaskyla/treasure%20map/family-health.jpg

That's really cool. So simple and beautiful and uncluttered. I don't know jack about doing things like that on a computer, but it's really pretty. One could take inspiration from that. Mine are usually jam-packed full of stuff.

I need to get going on mine today! It's really cloudy and overcast and rainy and I think it's supposed to clear later, but MUCH later. I'm not in much of a mapping mood-- which is weird for me. I haven't gone in to look at it yet, this morning, with fresh eyes. I think I need a new magazine, too, but I am thus far unwilling to shower and dress and get out of the house! I need cream, too, for my coffee! ACK!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#69 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 06:35 AM

For me it was about beilng allowed to say no. When I went to put it on my board I picked it right back up and flung it across the room. Ijust rephrased it positively in that I set boundaries easily and honor my limitations.

Idk what dh is doing with his or the intent behind it.

hh2.gif

#70 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View PostFor me it was about beilng allowed to say no. When I went to put it on my board I picked it right back up and flung it across the room. Ijust rephrased it positively in that I set boundaries easily and honor my limitations.

Oh! That's a good one, yes; I like your reframing. I would put that, too! Good thinking!

Still working with mine...I like that new Getty place for images. I found one of someone drawing vines and I cut that out. I just finished up a nature drawing class and I would like to maybe keep going with that.

In a few minutes I am going to get a quick shower and head out to get cream and maybe another new magazine. And maybe some bling. Plan to work all day on this!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#71 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 06:40 AM

Maia, when we sold our old house and bought this one, I put a For Sale sign in the Helper corner, then I glued a small strip of white paper with a big bold SOLD in red on it accross the sign. I also had a picture of house we wanted to buy in the Prosperity corner with a little "this or better".

Valérie   
#72 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 07:53 AM

I'm finding that this year I'm taking it slow. I am clipping from magazines and really *feeling* the process. Now that I have faith in it and know it works, I want to be very clear on my map and visualize exactly what my goals are. I feel like I am behind a bit, but I'm hoping the rainy week ahead will give me time to reflect and catch up a little.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#73 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View PostMaia, when we sold our old house and bought this one, I put a For Sale sign in the Helper corner, then I glued a small strip of white paper with a big bold SOLD in red on it accross the sign. I also had a picture of house we wanted to buy in the Prosperity corner with a little "this or better".

I just found an image I love-- it's a drawn house (not a photo) with FIVE "sold" signs all over the yard in front of it! lol.gif Talk about emphasis!

I don't want to buy another house, though. We'll be renting.

You mean by "helper" corner, the helpful people/angels corner? What do you mean by the "prosperity" corner? The money section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature View PostI'm finding that this year I'm taking it slow. I am clipping from magazines and really *feeling* the process. Now that I have faith in it and know it works, I want to be very clear on my map and visualize exactly what my goals are. I feel like I am behind a bit, but I'm hoping the rainy week ahead will give me time to reflect and catch up a little.

Yeah-- me, too. I forgot that instead of just clipping images and phrases that call to me, I should really be focusing on "What do I want?"

#74 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 09:15 AM

Sorry for the duplication for some but I wanted to share here that I was reading Dyer's Wishes Fulfilled last night - all about the LOA and manifestation and how to deal with doubt and maximize the power of manifestation, etc.

He recommends as a regular practice that the last few minutes before you go to sleep every night should be a meditation on your affirmations of what you want for your life, so that you program your unconscious to manifest it right before your/the collective unconscious takes over while you sleep. I tried it and it was pretty powerful for me. I plan to distill my map into a few major affirmations and put them on a card by my bed with a photo of my map and read it over/ponder it every night before sleep as much as I can.

#75 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

lol.gif

Isn't that always the way? I don't think that's just pregnancy. I do it, too.

SO...please do share about how you resolved? Because I kind of am doing the same thing. I am SO ready to release this house and move up north, but yet I have to act as if we're staying here, in the meanwhile. Ugh. You kwim, signing ds up for things, paying for school field trips, that sort of thing. I want to MOVE!

It took a lot of re-working to figure out the houses. I originally had a LOT that I wanted to put on my board. I ended up simplifying and just putting very general things. On one side of the board I put a chalkboard house with the word "rent" on the roof, and the words "Remodeling Wrap Up" attached to the bottom. On the other side of the board I put a house that looked like a cloud with the words "living the dream" on the roof, and "Beautiful New Home" attached to the bottom. I connected the two houses with the word "MOVE" spanning diagonally across the board in a way that indicates moving up and moving north (where I want to go outside of town). Under "MOVE" I also put "where we belong." I like that the two houses are different too. The chalkboard house is black and has messy eraser marks, while the cloud house is white and has nice defined edges. I think it helps to make it clear that each house is a separate entity with it's own goals. (Also, kind of a separate thing, but I put my dream car -Toyota Highlander- under the word MOVE like it was traveling along to the new house. hehe.)

When it came to things like the kids, and other activities, I made sure that they were in their own "space." I represented each person in the family, and connected to them were the words I wanted for each. I had a different area for family things as a whole where I put things like "good-health" , "making memories" and things like that. Then I had another area for decisions that DH and I need to make as a couple like "save money fast" and "prioritize." Finally, there were things that I didn't know where to put. They were things that were important, but not connected to the other things like "queen bed!" and "Camping" so they got their own space on the map. By having their own space, I mean that they weren't "touching" anything else. I don't know why, but if the words or pictures of one goal touched another, then it felt like the goals were connected... like with the houses, they were connected by the word MOVE because that whole goal was resolving the living situation of the family, and the "remodeling wrap up" is so that we can start "living the dream."

SAHMhippie.gif married to DH treehugger.gif since 09/11. Mama to DD (01/08)dust.gifand DS (06/12) babyboy.gif

#76 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Sorry for the duplication for some but I wanted to share here that I was reading Dyer's Wishes Fulfilled last night - all about the LOA and manifestation and how to deal with doubt and maximize the power of manifestation, etc.

He recommends as a regular practice that the last few minutes before you go to sleep every night should be a meditation on your affirmations of what you want for your life, so that you program your unconscious to manifest it right before your/the collective unconscious takes over while you sleep. I tried it and it was pretty powerful for me. I plan to distill my map into a few major affirmations and put them on a card by my bed with a photo of my map and read it over/ponder it every night before sleep as much as I can.

This is helpful information for me, thanks for sharing.  I do have doubt over which career path I want to take and what needs to go into my creative section vs. career.  I need to deal with the challenges head on and make decisions and allow myself to accept the outcome of what comes from it.  This definitely helps refocus :)

#77 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaInTheDesert View PostIt took a lot of re-working to figure out the houses. I originally had a LOT that I wanted to put on my board. I ended up simplifying and just putting very general things. On one side of the board I put a chalkboard house with the word "rent" on the roof, and the words "Remodeling Wrap Up" attached to the bottom. On the other side of the board I put a house that looked like a cloud with the words "living the dream" on the roof, and "Beautiful New Home" attached to the bottom. I connected the two houses with the word "MOVE" spanning diagonally across the board in a way that indicates moving up and moving north (where I want to go outside of town). Under "MOVE" I also put "where we belong." I like that the two houses are different too. The chalkboard house is black and has messy eraser marks, while the cloud house is white and has nice defined edges. I think it helps to make it clear that each house is a separate entity with it's own goals. (Also, kind of a separate thing, but I put my dream car -Toyota Highlander- under the word MOVE like it was traveling along to the new house. hehe.)

When it came to things like the kids, and other activities, I made sure that they were in their own "space." I represented each person in the family, and connected to them were the words I wanted for each. I had a different area for family things as a whole where I put things like "good-health" , "making memories" and things like that. Then I had another area for decisions that DH and I need to make as a couple like "save money fast" and "prioritize." Finally, there were things that I didn't know where to put. They were things that were important, but not connected to the other things like "queen bed!" and "Camping" so they got their own space on the map. By having their own space, I mean that they weren't "touching" anything else. I don't know why, but if the words or pictures of one goal touched another, then it felt like the goals were connected... like with the houses, they were connected by the word MOVE because that whole goal was resolving the living situation of the family, and the "remodeling wrap up" is so that we can start "living the dream."

Interesting...thanks! I'd love to see the finished product!

I am still hesitant to put an image of THIS house on my map...I really feel strongly that on 2 years ago's map it kind of "held" this house to us, even though I had an image of it with a big "SOLD" across it.

So I put a generic house on my map this time, with all those "SOLD" signs...but it's not glued down yet.

Maybe I should put something more specific? Like "<insert my address here> is sold by the end of Spring 2012", perhaps? Thoughts, y'all?

I have been, for the last few months, avoiding saying out loud "MY house" or "MY property"...as part of releasing. I've been saying "THIS house" and so forth. But maybe on the map I should put specifics?

Anyone have any comments about that?

#78 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 11:46 AM

Maia, yes; helper is the lowest right corner and prosperity is upper left corner. I love the image you found. You might write your current address in small letters on/around the drawing. wink1.gif 

For the new living place, how about "Home is where the heart is" and "I love our new neighborhood!"

I have all my images and words/saying... I have cardboards and canvas... I have a self-adhesive mirror (instead of my picture in the middle - always up-to-date self-image anytime I'll look at it)

But I'm unsure of what to do... I'm used to do one map... but now it's like images want to be on one, words with a few images on a second, and the canvas wants to be painted and pasted with various things. bouncy.gif

I'll start by putting scraps of papers to the recycling to clear some space to work... And I think I'll use the floor to decide which images/words wants to be on which support.

Valérie   
#79 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 12:12 PM

Good idea, Valerie!

I pasted together a pic of M and ds and me so we're all a family, and put us above the house pic. house sold.jpg This is it, isn't it so cool? I love it. All those "SOLD" signs-- emphatic, much? lol.gif

I think I *will* put our current address around it. Or I have affirmations like "This property is SOLD by Midsummer Day" or some such...I shall put our current address there instead of "This property". Think?

I think maybe also I will find a pic of our realtor and put her in "helpful people"....yes?

#80 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 03:41 PM

Maiasaura, I love that picture with the sold signs. I think it gives a clear intention!

I have finished my "vision journal". I had to keep going back to it,as it didn't feel quite finished, but now it does. I have about eight pages of images, each page with a different intention. I used a scrapbooking album, which worked really well, as the pictures are all behind plastic, so will stay nice even though I plan to look at it daily. I found it difficult to do a page about money - I don't know why I feel it is greedy to put it there, but without it,it's difficult to fulfill some of the dreams I have for my family. So I ended up writing down some affirmations and working around that. I really liked the ideas an earlier poster put on the thread - so I put a tree with dollar signs around it,and a rainbow with diamonds at the end of it (couldn't find any gold) and also some nests with eggs in them.

Mainly I concentrated on the pregnancy and baby thing. I have the words "The whole nine months" on the page,as I did get pregnant with my last map, but I  miscarried. I like having a visual journal, but I would have liked having a map on the wall to look at all the time. However,the pages in the journal allow me to have many more images than I could have had on a map.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#81 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:

Interesting...thanks! I'd love to see the finished product!

Sure! Here ya go:

TM.JPG

Obviously I didn't follow the bagua layout. I'm the green happy face, and DH is the heart, DD is the faerie, and my unborn baby is the cutie in the polka-dot hoodie. Hopefully you can read everything. The only ones I can't really make out is the red letters next to DH's heart which says "play in the dirt," and under "Camping" it says "pop-up." (our pop-up trailer needs some serious work done on it this year.)

Feel free to ask me anything about my map. I had a LOT of fun making it, and I have it displayed on my wall altar directly across from my bed so I can see it every morning.

#82 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 04:53 PM

I'm confused.  In the TM guide posted at the start there was this:

1-abundance
2-fame/reputation
3-relationship
4-family
5-health
6-creativity
7-self-knowledge (and travel)
8-work
9-helpful people and angels.

But in this thread I see home,hobbys, and career mentioned.  Where are these areas and what am I missing???

#83 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:

Love that.  Thanks for the idea, Aubergine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

I have all my images and words/saying... I have cardboards and canvas... I have a self-adhesive mirror (instead of my picture in the middle - always up-to-date self-image anytime I'll look at it)

what a great idea - the mirror.   I might have to steal that next year!!

Quote:

Good idea, Valerie!

I pasted together a pic of M and ds and me so we're all a family, and put us above the house pic. house sold.jpg This is it, isn't it so cool? I love it. All those "SOLD" signs-- emphatic, much? lol.gif

I think I *will* put our current address around it. Or I have affirmations like "This property is SOLD by Midsummer Day" or some such...I shall put our current address there instead of "This property". Think?

I think maybe also I will find a pic of our realtor and put her in "helpful people"....yes?

Like that idea, Maia!  I was thinking in my mind as I read your previous post that you should just have a bunch of sold signs all over the place and there you have it!  haha.  Are you worried about putting your previous address - still attaching yourself to the property?  Just wondering, you might feel there is a difference for you between words and images.  Do you have any pictures of the new neighborhood or area you are planning to move to??  Like putting your realtor in the helpful ppl section. 

Finished mine this evening...will give it a last glance over tonight before I hang it.  I focused on things that I want (saving money, making steps towards starting my next career move, clearing my brain, etc) but I also look for things that pull me that I have no idea why.  KWIM?  This year I have a rather large picture of Meyer lemons.  So, we'll see how that manifests.  LOL!  I was compelled to cut it out but thought it might find it's way in the trash by the end but it was the first thing I was moved to paste on my map!  ????  what a mystery!  I look forward to finding out what it all means!!

I moved my old map out of the room I was putting the new one together in.  Today after the new one was finished I took the old one to the garden and set it on fire.  It was an awesome release.  Thanks to whoever suggested that!!!

Hope everyone is moving along well on their maps.  

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#84 of 190 Old 03-25-2012, 09:17 PM

Wow I just have had a new job opportunity maybe open up for me. I love my current career but this is also a great opportunity. I definately have to find away to include this in my map. Hope everyone is doing well in the creating process. :)

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (05.30.05) and married to the Rad Man
If I'm not riding my bike I'm reading. Still trying to put the best of both world together.
#85 of 190 Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaInTheDesert View PostSure! Here ya go:

Feel free to ask me anything about my map. I had a LOT of fun making it, and I have it displayed on my wall altar directly across from my bed so I can see it every morning.

That's really neat! The "move" thing is lots different than I pictured it when you described it. It's way better incorporated into the whole design of the map than I was thinking. I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostLike that idea, Maia!  I was thinking in my mind as I read your previous post that you should just have a bunch of sold signs all over the place and there you have it!  haha.  Are you worried about putting your previous address - still attaching yourself to the property?  Just wondering, you might feel there is a difference for you between words and images.  Do you have any pictures of the new neighborhood or area you are planning to move to??  Like putting your realtor in the helpful ppl section.

Hope everyone is moving along well on their maps.  

I want to set my old one on fire, but I don't have a fire pit or anything safe to do that in, and after last Monday's debacle nearly setting my house on fire, I am a bit skittery about fire at all. I'm not normally that sort of person-- normally I'm a get-right-back-on-the-horse sort of gal, but I guess this affected me more than I thought it would. Fire is right scary when it's out of control, I tell ya.

Thanks vydalea! Yes, I have been worried about having my current address/photo of this house on the map, but I think having the address (but not a photo) is alright. I have <insert address here = SOLD!!!> on 4 sides of that house pictured above.

I don't have a new neighborhood yet-- but I do have a school picked out! Good plan, that! I will print pix of it and put that on there, too. It's a charter very like ds's current school, based on the same model of education. It's entrance-by-lottery just like his current school, so yeah, that would be a good thing to put on the map. Plus I do think any town the school accepts students from is out of our price range, but I can put that on the map, too-- surely there are poor people that live there lol.gif

I can't wait to see everyone's maps! Time to go get working on mine!

#86 of 190 Old 03-26-2012, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

thanks for sharing! i love hearing about everyones progress and seeing the finsihed map!

i am working on mine still. i think i can get a picture of it to share when i am done, although i dont know if this laptop is set up for it. ill figure it out.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#87 of 190 Old 03-26-2012, 10:56 AM

Tracy~ I am so grateful that you have shared this opportunity with everyone at mothering. I loved the entire process. My house is in choas after the final push to finish today, I took a picture, and had a good laugh.

Thankyou!

Wife om.gif mamaluxlove.gif to five And citizen of Earthearth.gif
#88 of 190 Old 03-26-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Catalyst View Post

I'm confused.  In the TM guide posted at the start there was this:

1-abundance
2-fame/reputation
3-relationship
4-family
5-health
6-creativity
7-self-knowledge (and travel)
8-work
9-helpful people and angels.

But in this thread I see home,hobbys, and career mentioned.  Where are these areas and what am I missing???

You're not missing any areas!!  Home, hobbies and careers are just refinements of these general topics.  Typically I'll put home related items around the family square, because my home & my family are intertwined - like Happy Home = Happy Family.   Hobbies I'll slide under creativity or self-knowledge depending upon the context, is it something I want to learn or seek or get a boost to challenge myself creatively? 

Finally career can fall under 8 work or sometimes 1 abundance as in I see myself employed and building wealth, or 2 fame/reputation in the terms of careers (your name is well known or you make a name for yourself in your field). 

Good Luck!! thumb.gif  Remember in the end it's YOUR map just for YOU, this frame work is just a guide to work from  orngbiggrin.gif

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#89 of 190 Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 PM

I decided I'm gathering photos from the internet, but I'm waiting until we take the little one to the museum on Thursday to take new photos of us 3 to put on the map. I really want the family aspect to bloom and thrive this year, so I decided not to put anything together until I have the right "family" photos (even if we're not a family, yet, I still think it would be nice to emphasize the desire).

#90 of 190 Old 03-27-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:

I want to set my old one on fire, but I don't have a fire pit or anything safe to do that in, and after last Monday's debacle nearly setting my house on fire, I am a bit skittery about fire at all. I'm not normally that sort of person-- normally I'm a get-right-back-on-the-horse sort of gal, but I guess this affected me more than I thought it would. Fire is right scary when it's out of control, I tell ya.

I don't have a new neighborhood yet-- but I do have a school picked out! Good plan, that! I will print pix of it and put that on there, too. It's a charter very like ds's current school, based on the same model of education. It's entrance-by-lottery just like his current school, so yeah, that would be a good thing to put on the map. Plus I do think any town the school accepts students from is out of our price range, but I can put that on the map, too-- surely there are poor people that live there lol.gif

Yes, don't burn the house down... I had DH sitting next to me with the garden hose at the ready!  Incase the wind took it and blew my burning Treasure Map somewhere undesirable!  haha.  My MIL mentioned today that there is an "open fire ban" in the area since it's been so dry...whistling.gif  SHH!! don't tell anyone!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post

I decided I'm gathering photos from the internet, but I'm waiting until we take the little one to the museum on Thursday to take new photos of us 3 to put on the map. I really want the family aspect to bloom and thrive this year, so I decided not to put anything together until I have the right "family" photos (even if we're not a family, yet, I still think it would be nice to emphasize the desire).

I actually took a bunch of pictures of my "special people" right from their facebook pages!  A bunch of photos came from the 'net for mine, also, though.  To enhance the seemingly 9billion words phrases I had!  I'm hoping for a new car this year but I wanted to be careful how I phrased it as my current car is 13 years old and I'm always crossing my fingers that it will stay sturdy! 

Finally got to hang my map in it's special spot today.  I will take time tonight to sit and stare at it's beauty!!shine.gif

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page