The official 2012 Treasure Map Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-04-2012, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hurray, Mercury is now direct (about 4 hours ago) and for anyone who has felt stuck on their map see if things flow more easier.  

For those who have not started your map, Start now!  Try to complete by April 6, Friday. 

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

Hurray, Mercury is now direct (about 4 hours ago) and for anyone who has felt stuck on their map see if things flow more easier.  

For those who have not started your map, Start now!  Try to complete by April 6, Friday. 

oh yey!! Maybe my procrastination paid off again!

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
Old 04-05-2012, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm putting the finishing touches on mine this evening. I ended up using some great origami papers to fill in with the appropriate colors... mostly in a cheerful paisley pattern. It looks great.

joy.gif

Old 04-06-2012, 06:41 PM

I just finished my first map...am I too late?

belly.gifMama to a Little Scientist (09/08) and our Ray of Sunshine (05/11).
Old 04-06-2012, 07:40 PM

We were supposed to finish last night before the full moon. Maybe Tracy can answer you.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:20 AM

ooooh, i just barely made it in there then. i finished mine right before dinner last night. i wasnt happy with anything the way it was, i felt stuck. then i bought a tack board and thumbtacked everything up there in a pattern that was pleasing and made sense to me. i hung it up on the wall and then made dinner. i should take a picture of it. i really like how it turned out. i think that it should be fine. i mean. we are allowed to add things during the year. so i would assume that the last touches not being finished quite on time would still be okay. i know it needs to go with the flow of astrological energy but it also needs to go with your flow and if you didnt get it done till then maybe that is how it was supposed to be for you this year. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:04 PM

I completely missed it.  greensad.gif  Tracy, if you're around, is there a way or another time that I can use to make one?

Old 04-07-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunmomma View Post

I completely missed it.  greensad.gif  Tracy, if you're around, is there a way or another time that I can use to make one?

Cajunmomma, I am pretty sure I read where Tracy wrote once (last year, maybe) that if you don't finish by full moon, better than not doing it is to do it before the Aries cycle is over, which would be another couple weeks.  I hope this is true, because I did not get mine all finished by full moon!  I am nearly done and hope to complete mine tonight, and I am thinking it will still work for me!  Since mercury just turned this week and mars is station, mine feels like it's just now getting ready to be done, iykwim.  Plus, I think the Libra (full moon) is being helpful in making my map balance!

Mama to 3 boys 

Old 04-07-2012, 11:34 PM

last year i put a lot of thought into exactly what to write (i wrote and drew pictures, instead of clipping words and photos from magazines). but this year i just sorta winged it. i bought two magazines that appealed to me, cut out the images and words that appealed, bought a poster board, and placed the images, pretty much blindly, without any real thought, just where it "seemed right." then i pasted them on with glue. 

Old 04-08-2012, 08:47 AM

I finished the last touches of mine last night. I personally feel like the energy of the full moon was still present. These treasure maps are all about your intentions. Although the alignment of the planets/moons is key if doing it another day feels good then just put that good intention into it...I feel really good about my map and it looks beautiful up on my wall...

Old 04-09-2012, 04:38 AM

I originally made just one small map focused entirely on one thing that I've had in my map every year I've done it but which I hadn't gotten yet.

Then, around the third I started thinking of other things I'd like to happen and I finally did another small map on the 5th with a few other things I'd like to happen this year. Some of them are pretty dependent on the first map happening, but some are things like my kids getting along better. Although I'm wondering now if I should have been more specific since the main issue is the middle two hurting the eldest and each other.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 04-09-2012, 03:40 PM

I missed it... I'm not on here much and just started thinking about TM's today. 

Should I wait until next year or is there any earlier time to put something together?

Thanks!

Walking the slow & steady path to crunchy with my all granola kiddo and not at all crunchy husband.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:31 PM

My map this year despite my attempts to create a poster has ended up to be a list of handwritten intentions which I made when starting on my map.

Funny how maps turn out, this one is bare bones, but each time I've try to sit down and put together my cut out images, words and etc, it has not come together and has felt forced. 

2012 I believe will be one very interesting year!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post

Cajunmomma, I am pretty sure I read where Tracy wrote once (last year, maybe) that if you don't finish by full moon, better than not doing it is to do it before the Aries cycle is over, which would be another couple weeks.  I hope this is true, because I did not get mine all finished by full moon!  I am nearly done and hope to complete mine tonight, and I am thinking it will still work for me!  Since mercury just turned this week and mars is station, mine feels like it's just now getting ready to be done, iykwim.  Plus, I think the Libra (full moon) is being helpful in making my map balance!

yes, ms shell is correct, cajunmomma!   get it done now.  

Old 04-12-2012, 05:53 PM

I feel like my map is already starting to work in some ways, but in others the opposite is happeningdizzy.gif

Already I've felt really motivated to get my garden happening.I've done a whole lot of work and have put my vegetables in.That's something that has been waiting to happen for a long time. I've also felt quite motivated with eating right.

Can anyone tell me if they've had the thing they most want,on their map, kind of go in the opposite direction? I've really wanted a baby.I've had two miscarriages and I'm still hopeful.However,no matter what I say or do, my DH isn't wanting to. We've been talking about it and getting nowhere.I feel quite sad and it's hard to think in positive terms,as I should if I want to manifest it. I know it's early days with the map, but this is the most important thing to me.

Ay experience from previous year's maps?I could use some good news.smile.gif

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 PM

For my map this time, I only focused on two things that I really want in my life.  It just didn't feel right to put anything else on there.  I needed my energy to be focused on these two areas, one of which has been causing me so much heartache the past few years.  I can feel things changing and it is so exciting :)

jog.gifkid.gif

Old 04-21-2012, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

GAH... I COMPLETELY missed this this yr!!!!!!!!!... I'm SO dissapointed, I've had wonderful results the past 2 years I've done one!

Does any one know what THE cut off date is??    

ugh... so sad ;-(

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Old 04-21-2012, 11:36 PM

I've found that my dreams have been very powerful lately.  I can feel things happening!

jog.gifkid.gif

Old 04-23-2012, 01:19 PM

Well, you can always do a "vision board" and the best timing is always on a new moon. The Aries new moon is the absolute best time, but it isn't strictly the ONLY time to create a visual representation of your desires...

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 04-23-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumblossom View Post

I feel like my map is already starting to work in some ways, but in others the opposite is happeningdizzy.gif

Already I've felt really motivated to get my garden happening.I've done a whole lot of work and have put my vegetables in.That's something that has been waiting to happen for a long time. I've also felt quite motivated with eating right.

Can anyone tell me if they've had the thing they most want,on their map, kind of go in the opposite direction? I've really wanted a baby.I've had two miscarriages and I'm still hopeful.However,no matter what I say or do, my DH isn't wanting to. We've been talking about it and getting nowhere.I feel quite sad and it's hard to think in positive terms,as I should if I want to manifest it. I know it's early days with the map, but this is the most important thing to me.

Ay experience from previous year's maps?I could use some good news.smile.gif

Sometimes things can take a little while to happen.  I heard that it's important to not think about the hows or whys of how it will happen, just that it happens.  It's hard to wait and be patient though.

jog.gifkid.gif

Old 04-28-2012, 12:35 PM

subbing

I did get my board done in time this year, it is very simple.   I recall that there is a time to add to the map maybe cancer new moon?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

is there another time to do one? we finally got a house (haven't moved yet) but i was so focused on house-hunting that i totally missed it!

Old 05-18-2012, 11:51 PM

Wow. Just wow. I put a picture of a car on the map and my hubby insisted we take the plunge to buy a new car last weekend. The car of the map looks very close to the car we bought together.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:18 AM

Fantastic philomum!

My map is very much about getting pregnant and birthing a healthy babe, and guess what - got a BFP yesterday. Amazing! Especially as I've been ttc for over two years and have had two losses.

I also had a lot on there about my garden,and that's been really going well for a while now.

I hope the next thing will be some money so that this baby won't be considered a burden by my husband. He stresses about money, but I don't worry too much.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
Old 05-19-2012, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats on the car.

A good time to adjust the map is on the Cancer New Moon which will be in the later part of July.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

gumblossom,

what wonderful news!  

love that your garden is also going well.

t

Old 05-26-2012, 11:47 PM

Sadly the BFP didn't work out, but there's still plenty of time for my map to work.Perhaps I need more time for the money to manifest?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry about the news, Gumblossom.  And yes, we are still early in our maps.  Lots of time for lots of things to manifest!  

hugs

Old 06-01-2012, 03:47 AM

Although things didn't work out with the pregnancy, I'm amazed at how the map is still working. Just this week I was offered more work in a great position I had been hoping for, and my dh recently had a promotion at work, so I guess the money is manifesting.

I wish I knew how I could better assist my spirit baby to manifest and come earth side.

I'm open to suggestions. joy.gif

Old 06-01-2012, 12:17 PM

patience, i think?  I bet you will get your baby, mama! ;)

my map is weird.  on my first 2, i put my fondest dream, which was a homestead of our own.  i didn't see any possible way that it could manifest either of those 2 years, but put it there for the possibility.  The 1st year, it was represented twice by a smallish image of an old white (large and low) farmhouse with gardens extending from it, and then on my 2011 map I used an image of a castle, and then lots of gardens.  Anyway, before 2011 was over, we found out unexpectedly that it is totally possible for us to buy it now.  So, since it can be, I thought this new home would be the focus of this year's map.

I don't know yet what it looks like exactly though, of course, so I couldn't find an image to use that was right at all!  I left a space for it, but all that wound up on the map were lots of gardens (which we have now) and the phrase "LOVE YOUR HOME."  And we have realized how very much we do love our (rental) home now and keep rejecting possibilities for new places to buy.  We aren't even looking at all now and are thinking we really want to stay here for now and a while longer.  

That said, I do plan to try to add to this map when cancer new moon finally gets here this year.  The foam board I chose has a verdant green side, and I planned to use it for lots of images of our farm and it wound up still being completely blank at the end of Aries....like I said, my map is weird for me so far this year!   

Mama to 3 boys 

User Tag List