Forum Jump: 

#1 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And so we are here!

Hurray.

WHAT IS A TREASURE MAP?

A treasure map is a collage made of photos, magazines pictures, words, pieces of things that make sense to you...whatever you want and you put them on a foam core board or just cardboard or just something strong that can handle the collage...you put them all together so you can look at it...it will be a MAP of what you want for the coming year.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "what do I want for the coming year?"

Exactly what it says. Do you want a new house, a new living room, better health, stronger marriage, reconnect with people, a bigger family, a bigger community? Do you want to write your book? Do you want a new car? What is it you want?
Do you even know what you want? If you are like many of us, you are so busy running around, taking care of everyone else that you might not have a fig of an idea what you want for your new year...that is the beauty of this process...you must sit down and figure it out...give yourself this time to do it. Be just that selfish..and dare to dream.

Why do we do it now and not January?

Treasure Maps are made during the Aries new moon. Aries new moon change from year to year and this year, it will take place on March 22 10:37am 3 degrees Aries.

They are made on Aries new moon, because that is the first sign of the zodiac. Aries is when you plant your seeds. It is the real beginning of the New Year. It should not be confused with the first day of spring, which was on March 20. New moon means the sun and moon are in the same degree. For those who don't know much about astrology (which is totally okay) Aries is the sign of SIGHT. So, that's why it is so important to have pictures of what you want. You need to visualize it. Or if you don't do photos/pictures.. Put up words. It is just important for you to SEE THEM.

So, I'm going to be busy on March 22 I start it before the 22nd?

NO.

Do I have to buy a bunch of magazines, I'm broke, can I just borrow some old ones from friends

Personally, when I started my treasure maps I always did them with fresh new magazines. And in the old days, (not married, no children) I spent a lot of dough on them because I wanted lots of choices. But with time, I ended up only getting a few magazines. I never borrowed other magazines from friends however I know that there are people who did it in previous years and I think they were happy with their results. So, it really is your call. But if you do borrow them make sure they are put away until the 22nd so they are fresh to you on that date.

What if I don't want magazine photos, can I just use my own pictures.. like my husband, my baby etc?

Sure. I usually scanned or color xeroxed them so that I would not wreck my originals.

You can also paint what you want. Again it is your call.

Do I only focus on things?

Heck no! I would also encourage you to focus on beliefs and environments. Affirmations like “I’m abundant” or “I am always feeling loved” “My health is vibrant.” “My partner and I are always growing closer and closer.”

Is there any pattern i have to use when i put the photos or the words on my board?

No you can do it anyway you want.

I will say that in previous years my friends and I used to use the feng shui baguas for my pattern. basically I would break up the board into 9 areas. A grid like this:

1-abundance
2-fame/reputation
3-relationship
4-family
5-health
6-creativity
7-self-knowledge (and travel)
8-work
9-helpful people and angels.

If you use the feng shui baguas, you will naturally cover all most all areas of your life..as you can see it is all represented there. But again, you don’t have to do it that way.  Some people have even made round boards.  

Can I build a cyber map?

Many mappers are more comfortable with cyber maps, that are always there on their computer.

And they have had success.   Again, it is your call, do what your heart calls you to do.

How much time do I have to build my map?

Ideally you should build your map during the new phase of Aries new moon which would take you from the March 22 until March 26 But if you need more time, you can give yourself up until Full Moon (April 6 4:39am).  I encourage people to do it in the beginning but I don’t want people to be pressured so if you need the whole waxing moon you can use it.

Do I have to do it alone or can I do it with friends?

You can do it either way. I build mine with my 2 other friends. We are like family and it felt so right to do it with them. We started them together. I know that there are several people who have little parties where they invite those close to them over. I will say this, it is a lot of fun to do them with others..we would all pass around the magazines.. "Hey, I found a great beach bungalow does anyone need a beach vacation? Or it would be, "I have got to lose 10 pounds, any ideas what I should put on my map?" and low and behold someone will come up with a good suggestion.

Do i have to finish it all at one sitting?

No. Often I used to cut my stuff out with my friends. Maybe glue a little thing here or there and then take it home and finish it there over the course of a day or two.

Can my kids do it with me?

Yes! It is great for them to focus and think about what they want. Have them build their own maps. They also might give you their thoughts about what they think you should have in your life. Helps them to think beyond them, right?

Does it work?

Yep.

Okay. I don't want to sound like a spoilsport but I’m just not interested in building a collage, can I do something else?

Sure you can take a nice piece of orange paper and write down wishes or affirmations during Treasure Map time. My wishes can sometimes feel like prayers and they are much more broad in my desires. But I will say this, I felt like I needed to switch to 'less is more' after several, several years of mapping. So, I had a lot under my belt. I would encourage new comers to make the actual maps. But if you really don't feel the call then just write your desires down. I like orange paper. So, vibrant. So aries.

Is it ok to have things continue over to the next year? Long-term, ongoing stuff that has progressed but needs to continue to progress?

Yes. Of course. But with a small caveat. My experience after doing these for years is that when something really takes time and doesn't gel in the first year then there is something still not right yet. It might be something you are aware of...like one cyber friend shifted from her map from year one to year two by focusing on less things. That kind of energy is really important. What I mean.. is it is NOT important to put up less. It is important for you on the following year's map to go into your gut and say what do I REALLY WANT.

You may need to shift something about your long range goals. My sense is that they need a wee bit refining or broadening. Just a thought. But definitely don't give up on the dream.

I'm really excited is there anything I can do now before Treasure Map to help my map?

Yes, yes, yes.... I said this in previous years and I'll remind everyone now. The period just before the Treasure Map is called the balsamic phase. Which is the end of the moon's phase. This is the phase when we get rid of stuff. Get rid of clutter. Get rid of things that are bugging us. Get rid of ick. Try if you can to clear some space in your life so you can be ready for the treasure map. Remember, Einstein said, "NO TWO THINGS CAN OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE." Read that several times... now ask yourself, do I have space in my house, my family, my time, my life in general for more? If the answer is no. Then start housecleaning!

Clear out the stuff between now and March 22. Now do you understand why it is important not to start your map before the new time?

By the way, I personally don't buy any of my supplies before the New starts. But I know some of you can't do that..so if you must buy before. Put it aside and don't touch it until the new. Don't thumb through magazines. Leave it all be.

Good luck and dream big!

For more on the roots of Treasure Maps go HERE.

And for how our roots started here on MDC go to this link.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#2 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

joy.gif

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#3 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 08:00 AM

<3

#4 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 08:08 AM

treehugger.gif

Here we go!

~Manjari~ crafty lady, momma to DS Prahlad (3/07) and DD Daisy (7/10). Happily married to my Boo.
#5 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 08:30 AM

heartbeat.gif      namaste.gif       goodvibes.gif      earth.gif

Wife om.gif mamaluxlove.gif to five And citizen of Earthearth.gif
#6 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 AM

Time to close my laptop and just breathe awhile....

_ktg_ likes this.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#7 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 AM

joy.gif

#8 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

YAY! i am super excited about this.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#9 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 11:36 AM

after gettting our magazines, hubby and I had a spat and I'm not feeling the mojo anymore. :(

hh2.gif

#10 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 12:10 PM

I've started. I'm second guessing my magazine choices...I'm not finding a lot to use yet.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#11 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 PM

So, question:

Tracy, you know I've wanted to sell this house and move for a couple years now, and it hasn't happened yet. What is the best area of the bagua to put this desire? I *was* putting it in the helpful people/travel section (I had a different bagua setup where that was in what you have as section 9). Is there a better place? Family (for creating a new family unit with my ds, me, and my true love)? Home? Which?

Thanks! orngbiggrin.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#12 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 12:30 PM

ditto, I've turned to google, and looking for images that potray whatever comes to my mind, but I am not feeling the feeling I was a couple of days ago?!

Magazines, haven't helped YET, however, since we have unti March 26, and further up until Apr 8, I am sure it will be just what it need to be by the end of it...I know I gotta have faith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

I've started. I'm second guessing my magazine choices...I'm not finding a lot to use yet.

#13 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 12:35 PM

energy.gifhappy TM-ing time!!! 

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#14 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
hubby and I had a spat and I'm not feeling the mojo anymore. :(

me, too!  and it was a big one.  i want to get in my car and run away, but i think i will just go to bed instead.  

Mama to 3 boys 

#15 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 02:31 PM

Having a horrible couple days... son home sick (I think heat exhaustion), contractors found mold and bugs in our house wall, son's teacher writes me concerned about his behaviors and our vehicle is suddenly leaking oil.  Will this turn around?  Or is this just the start of a horrid treasure mapping year??!!  Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

#16 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 02:42 PM

I've been struggling with the issue of "stay or go" with my house as long as I've been in it, and it comes up every year on my map... I think this is my 8th one and I was so sure that this time there would be an airstream, "road schooling" and traveling.... but now the pics of gardens & patio spaces are calling to me... and I am sad to think of my house w/a "SOLD" sign, because it seems that is the only way that would happen for us. This is the only time I'll have by myself to work on this & we're going campering tomorrow. I may have to let the images set for a little bit and go back to the words I wrote down when I first started this map and do something different this year. 

Maybe I need to focus more on being decisive? I am always going back & forth on this issue, it's crazy making. That it's consuming my whole treasure map experience says so much about what it's doing all year in my sub conscious.

#17 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 03:14 PM

I am also finding a surprisingly small amount in my magazines. Mostly I am cutting out words, which I did not expect. Tomorrow, I may do some google images.

~Manjari~ crafty lady, momma to DS Prahlad (3/07) and DD Daisy (7/10). Happily married to my Boo.
#18 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 03:31 PM

I remember Tracy mentioned a little planetary insight in the beginning of the prep thread. She posted

"I drafted the chart yesterday.  Yep, Mars is retro on the new moon but curiously it is trining Pluto in Cap. Given we are spending a tense  year between Uranus and Pluto that is going to bring bumps, it is nice to see Pluto working hand in hand with Mars on the new moon.   Also on the new moon is a conjunction with the Sun and Moon.   Frankly, it feels like Pluto and Uranus are grabbing other planets to take 'sides' for their summer battle.    All of this means the things that we are drawn to when we build our treasure maps will be significant for the  year of change." 

I was just on astro.com taking a better look at my transits. I'm putting my seatbelt on.

Wife om.gif mamaluxlove.gif to five And citizen of Earthearth.gif
#19 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 03:53 PM

I love this thread, I'm learning so much.

Last year I put a sold sign on my map - we've been trying to sell some land for three years. It hasn't sold, but you know, I never really wanted it to - we were doing it because we were struggling financially. Now we've decided to take it off the market (because it is a bad time to sell and I've gone back to part-time work to help out financially - we're still struggling, but it's better)and I feel relief. So, I guess it shows how important the intention has to be. I'm thinking it would have been better to make an intention about money rather than selling the land, because that is what I really wanted.

I started my map last night. I started finding pictures in magazines, after writing a list of what I really want this year. I haven't found all that many pictures, but I'm going back to it today when (hopefully) my DS has a nap. I'm taking him out all morning to wear him out.

I was speaking to my TCM lady last night and she said she thinks this year will be a "hold onto your hat" type of year, but we should just "let go" and "let it happen". I like that way of thinking - as long as what happens suits me! LOL! Not exactly letting go!

I'm still hoping to hear from Adina about her experience.smile.gif

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#20 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

joy.gif for TM time!

I was going to go out and get some supplies (and time to myself) this evening but there is a blizzard.  I will be staying home with my sketchpad and possibly Google images to see how far I get.  Tomorrow, I'll look at magazines in the bookstore if no inspiration strikes.  I always buy posterboard, new sharpies, at least but now I'm thinking - what if I spent nothing on this map and just made it with what I have?

We'll see....

#21 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 04:24 PM

I went to my meditating spot and did some breathing and releasing. I thought I had sage hydrosol, but I do not. I have cistus and sweetgrass, though. Both are releasing, so I spritzed those about along with holding my selenite crystals. Then, I took an epsom salt bath. WOW!

I wrote out a zillion affirmations during all this (4 pages front and back!) and got major ideas for my TM (it is mostly planned in my head now). I gathered some supplies and cleaned up several areas in my home. I'm feeling more like cleaning than creating, which is interesting since I did NOT feel like cleaning last moon. I have even decided where I want my map this year already, which is what led me to cleaning I think...LOL...plus space to create it equals more cleaning...and while I was putting away those items, why not put away these, too...LOL

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#22 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View PostI've been struggling with the issue of "stay or go" with my house as long as I've been in it, and it comes up every year on my map... I think this is my 8th one and I was so sure that this time there would be an airstream, "road schooling" and traveling.... but now the pics of gardens & patio spaces are calling to me... and I am sad to think of my house w/a "SOLD" sign, because it seems that is the only way that would happen for us. This is the only time I'll have by myself to work on this & we're going campering tomorrow. I may have to let the images set for a little bit and go back to the words I wrote down when I first started this map and do something different this year. 

Maybe I need to focus more on being decisive? I am always going back & forth on this issue, it's crazy making. That it's consuming my whole treasure map experience says so much about what it's doing all year in my sub conscious.

Maybe put images and word around "What do I want?"  and decisiveness?

beemama likes this.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#23 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Mine got started this morning and I'm doing well except for the career spot. I really, really need a to land a good job this year. I tried this on the Tm the last couple of years and got little movement. Any ideas to really make this one sing?
#24 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 07:02 PM

Tracy, Mercury Retro is at play again...whistling.gif

Full Moon is on April 6. nod.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

How much time do I have to build my map?

Ideally you should build your map during the new phase of Aries new moon which would take you from the March 22 until March 26 But if you need more time, you can give yourself up until Full Moon (April 8 4:39am).  I encourage people to do it in the beginning but I don’t want people to be pressured so if you need the whole waxing moon you can use it.

Valérie   
#25 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamanjari View Post

I am also finding a surprisingly small amount in my magazines. Mostly I am cutting out words, which I did not expect. Tomorrow, I may do some google images.

I started cutting a bit during Z's naptime today and found that I was also cutting many, many words and few images.  Tomorrow is my big "day to myself" totally dedicated to TM!! can't wait!!!  

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#26 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

Tracy, Mercury Retro is at play again...whistling.gif

Full Moon is on April 6. nod.gif

Yep. I fixed it on the original article but forgot to fix it for my PASTING.

Will fix now.  Merci

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#27 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Maybe put images and word around "What do I want?"  and decisiveness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View Post

I've been struggling with the issue of "stay or go" with my house as long as I've been in it, and it comes up every year on my map... I think this is my 8th one and I was so sure that this time there would be an airstream, "road schooling" and traveling.... but now the pics of gardens & patio spaces are calling to me... and I am sad to think of my house w/a "SOLD" sign, because it seems that is the only way that would happen for us. This is the only time I'll have by myself to work on this & we're going campering tomorrow. I may have to let the images set for a little bit and go back to the words I wrote down when I first started this map and do something different this year. 

Hi beemama,

I am feeling the same way about "career"...and about "home".  I stay in a joint family which has its pros and cons like privacy issues etc.  After an "issue" or "argument" I've always impulsively asked to move out, but I feel more "protected" and "Safe" with them especially with my 3 year old.  However, I do want to let go off this fear of not being able to survive well without them. 

Same with career, I am torn, because I want a career and financial freedom but I don't want to compromise my time with my daughter.  I also don't know which way I want to go and am unable to narrow my career avenues (from running a mums group, to being a holistic health coach to becoming a mother again, to going back to business IT analysis -- I am all over the place with this one)

Like 'Maiasaura' said, maybe this year I need to "focus and just do it" needs to be my mantra, unless I want to do it all.

I think a lot of my wants are around letting go of fear, so I need to put in a lot of "faith", "courage" and "believe" in every area of my map.

Somehow, I feel very greedy initially when I start my TM and that feels wrong.  This year though, I want to ask for what I really want, not what I think I should want and everything under the sun.

that being said, I am still having a hard time coming up with pictures/etc to articulate my needs/wants for money and creativity

Question: My daughter is only 3 but I want to include her on my map, somehow, my creativity/children section is getting full with images of things that I want FOR my daughter like ballet/music/performing arts etc.  Does this sound right? and is it O.K. to include wants for her on my map? I guess I am trying to express my creativity through her?

Anyway, many blessings to all who are trying to figure it outt!

#28 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post

I went to my meditating spot and did some breathing and releasing. I thought I had sage hydrosol, but I do not. I have cistus and sweetgrass, though. Both are releasing, so I spritzed those about along with holding my selenite crystals. Then, I took an epsom salt bath. WOW!

I wrote out a zillion affirmations during all this (4 pages front and back!) and got major ideas for my TM (it is mostly planned in my head now). I gathered some supplies and cleaned up several areas in my home. I'm feeling more like cleaning than creating, which is interesting since I did NOT feel like cleaning last moon. I have even decided where I want my map this year already, which is what led me to cleaning I think...LOL...plus space to create it equals more cleaning...and while I was putting away those items, why not put away these, too...LOL

How nice you did your breathe and release and affirmations before starting.

When I started my TM, I sprayed some citrust oil (Orange I think) mist to get my energy up and re-energize!

#29 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 PM

I could not have asked for a more perfect day. The strange thing is, I didn't get around to working my map. Zero mapping was accomplished!

Instead, DP (whom I've been 'seeing' for nearly a year) met DD for the very first time. I've been cautious and only having 'date nights' with him when she's with her dad or grandparents.

It was a spontaneous decision on both our parts that today was the day he'd finally meet her. 

He took me out to breakfast where we discussed our future plans as a family and the day flowed effortlessly forward. My dad is in town, so he met my dad for the first time as well. DP then decided he wanted go shopping for a ton of new art supplies for DD... we set it up in her bedroom as a surprise... then we went to pick up his dog, then picked her up from school... she was extremely shy at first, but we took them to the dog park where she played fetch with his dog for an hour or so, we hiked and had a great time... then he took us out for a nice dinner and we walked to get frozen yogurt and he picked flowers for her and she laughed and played and it was an absolutely mellow and happy day for all involved.

I am so relieved and content. I feel, finally, I am ready to commit to a good man. I believe today kind of set the tone for the coming year for us. I'm 110% sure of all the things I'd like to put on my map now, thanks to today's summary.

At least I bought my poster board today, right? upsidedown.gif

sunnysandiegan likes this.

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#30 of 190 Old 03-22-2012, 10:33 PM

I'm also finding tons of words, and not many pictures. It's strange that so many of us are having the same dilemma.

I went out and got just a couple of new magazines. The rest of my "stash" came from my mother's house. So, lots of magazines that are new -to me.- I've been through a great many of them, but still have a large stack to work through tomorrow. Maybe I will find some more pictures in the next batch.

Good luck to everyone treasure mapping!

SAHMhippie.gif married to DH treehugger.gif since 09/11. Mama to DD (01/08)dust.gifand DS (06/12) babyboy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page