*~*~*~*April Pagan Family Thread~*~*~**~**~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 201 Old 04-05-2012, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View PostWaiting impatiently for my library books to get here. DH is working an extra day this week to try and knock out the bills we have to get paid ASAP. I'm working on trying to knit/crochet up some stuff to maybe try and sell. It seems no matter how much we make, we never have enough. And I'm a very low maintenance person. A few creature comforts (TV, Internet, A/C) and the basic necessities and I'm good. 

You are so lucky that your library sends you things! Ours finally just got on board with a new online system and we finally get notified that things will be due, or hold items are in.

I am such a cheap date, too! I told M that all I wanted for Valentine's Day was a hand written love note, and he tried to get me a bouquet of flowers-- ON the day of, and it was $82 and he couldn't afford it. So I ended up with nothing, which for whatever reason hurt worse. I mean-- I guess he had loftier sights, but really-- all I want, ALL I want, is a hand written love note. I have yet to see it greensad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View PostI went out and bought a plastic case thing for my sewing machine.

Where do you find one of those?? I could use such a thing. What's it called? Got link?

Thunder threatening again. We have martial arts today, and we didn't go Tuesday because of a flash storm. I think it might blow through, but I don't care either way-- I have things to do out that way where ds's class is, so we have to go whether it rains or not. I hate driving in a storm. Grrr.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 201 Old 04-05-2012, 03:03 PM

DoK: Yes, the drums picture.  It just looks so happy.  Ick about the car.  :(  I hope it all works out soon!!

Lioness: Glad to hear the baby is looking healthy!  Wahooo!!  

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#63 of 201 Old 04-05-2012, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

I'm so glad things are looking up for you, 3xMama!

This month seems to be a month of bills for us, more so than usual. Yesterday I got a bill in the mail for DD's ER visit in FL back in January. I had already paid the hospital bill, so this is the doctor's. We have a super high deductible, so basically we pay for everything out of pocket. They want $732!!!! She saw the doctor for less than 5 minutes, so I'm fighting this. If she had had major injuries or something, that would be one thing, but she had a sinus and ear infection, and he repeated what the nurse had already done. I called them up and asked for an itemized bill, so I can see if we can have it audited for  extraneous charges first. Hopefully, I won't have to argue too much, but this is why health care costs in the US are going up! Total price gouging!

Thanks! 

Sounds like you've got a good handle on going forward. Hopefully that bill comes waaay down, that's just an insane amount!! When DS1 was in the ER the dr's bill was around $500 and he had to read a CT Scan (it was my worst mommy moment, I sat him on the counter and walked two steps away, he fell, stopped breathing and turned gray. He came too more or less immediately, but it was horrifying. I've never sat a kid on the counter since without keeping a hand holding them.) $732 seems quite excessive for that! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

3x!!  HOORAY!!! joy.gif I'm so glad to hear that your DH is now at a place where he is happy.  I hope it continues!  AND what fabulous news about your dad!  I almost cried when I read that - I am very, very close with my dad and he went through some emotional craziness when he and my mom got divorced a few years ago and when MY DAD started peeking out behind the cloud of misery was such a relief so I can relate.  Not that it's the same, it's not the same, but getting your parent back from being under a dark cloud is momentous.

-- I totally needed to read your happy, upbeat post because things here have been WEIRD.  I blame the full moon, of course.  I am on a committee that puts on a children's art exhibit every April as it's the national month of the young child.  The exhibit launches this Friday and every year right before it all hell breaks loose.  It always works out but it's always *slight* insanity just before.  I just ride the wave and continue to say "everything is going to be awesome" but it's hard when I have negativity come at me from all sides there.  Yesterday I found out the TV crews are going to be there tomorrow morning when we're setting up and *I* am going to have to talk. I am terrible at public speaking.  OY VEY!  Send me confidence and clarity energy, please!!!!!!!

Thank you!! DH is still at the crappy place *full* time (his schedule still isn't normal but whatever...) but this new place is just a breath of fresh air for him. Helps get him through the days at Crap Job with Crap Boss. thumb.gif

It is kinda the same, different circumstances but the same feeling. With out dads, I mean! I'm also very close to him and its been tough to watch him hurt sooo badly and get depressed. Its fantastic to see him returning. 

I'm glad my post was helpful! I've been trying very hard to keep that positive upbeat energy going and I've really surprised myself by maintaining it, at least to a degree every day. I hope things calm down for you, that sounds super craziness. And talking in front of a camera...I think I'd lose my lunch!! Sending you lots of calm, cool and collected energy your way!! I'd like to hear more about the exhibit-is it art of kids, for kids or by kids? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

Mechanic calls me a few hours later saying that he's about to bring me the car.  I say ok, great.  He calls back 7 minutes later saying that he heard the noise again while driving so he turned around and went back to the garage.  

Day 3 with back and forth mechanic stuff.  Meanwhile, I can't do the VERY important errands that need to be done. 

Ugh.

Ugh indeed. irked.gif That's pretty crazy! Are they giving you a reduced rate since they keep not fixing it! Geesh! Have they checked the ball bearings in the tires? I just remember DH's car doing that when the ball bearing were going. It wasn't every time, just sometimes and relatively quiet. Here's hoping it get back to you fixed completely very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post

Probably not. eh, what do they know. winky.gif

I'll call it Middle Indiana and maybe just read The Hobbit to the kidlets in celebration of the new moniker. orngbiggrin.gif

My blog is called 'attachlings' and we just moved to a house on a cul-de-sac, a phrase which translates to something like *bottom of the bag.* So I rechristened my blog: attachlings of bag end

Yeah, we're happy little geeks here. Sheepish.gif

We are happy little geeks, too! I think I may just have to pull The Hobbit out and read it as well. And I'm going to keep calling it Middle Indiana, too. See how many other happy little geeks there are!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

Waiting impatiently for my library books to get here. DH is working an extra day this week to try and knock out the bills we have to get paid ASAP. I'm working on trying to knit/crochet up some stuff to maybe try and sell. It seems no matter how much we make, we never have enough. And I'm a very low maintenance person. A few creature comforts (TV, Internet, A/C) and the basic necessities and I'm good. 

I feel ya on the bills. hug2.gif Its been like that a lot here, too. I'm hoping this second job for DH gets things comfortable for us and we aren't guessing what bills *need* to be paid at the end of each month and how much we can get away with paying on this or that without losing anything. We're going to have a massive garage sale soon for several weeks. I'm hoping to get a couple hundred, but that's probably stretching too high without high end items to sell. Just a TON of baby clothes, baby junk and a few pieces of home stuff no one wants. But here's hopin, right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

my midwives came over last  night for my appt. everything looks great. baby is even head down at 28 weeks. they could tell where all his little parts were and heard his heartbeat. they tried to let me hear it, but it is so faint i can barely make it out. i already went out and bought all the supplies, pads etc, so all i have left is going through and arranging etc. i still need a dresser for the baby clothes though. but everything is coming together just like i put on my map from last year. maybe that is why i havent been abel to finish the hew one, the old one isnt done yet....

That's so exciting! I'm glad things are pulling together so well for you!!

Has anyone read The Hunger Games trilogy? I just finished it yesterday and I'm trying to digest it and, wow, I'm having a hard time getting it all down. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't exactly a happy story. In fact I've had Hunger Games bad dreams nightly since I started reading it-a first for a book. I'm a little freaked out them bringing some of this stuff to "life" on the big screen, esp the war scenes in Book Three. 

Maia, Valerie, Mary-I'm curious, what do you eat for breakfast? Everything breakfast is so carb heavy--oatmeal, toast, cereal, bagels etc. The only things I can think of are eggs, sausage and bacon. I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just honestly curious. It just seems like it would get very boring very fast with only those three things to eat!! 

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#64 of 201 Old 04-05-2012, 03:53 PM

Where do you find one of those?? I could use such a thing. What's it called? Got link?

i just bought it at wal mart but i seen them at target too. 

http://bluediamond.com/index.cfm?navid=34&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Nut-Thins-Brand&utm_term=blue-diamond-almond-nut-thins&utm_content=A

this is what i bought. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#65 of 201 Old 04-05-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View Post

Has anyone read The Hunger Games trilogy? I just finished it yesterday and I'm trying to digest it and, wow, I'm having a hard time getting it all down. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't exactly a happy story. In fact I've had Hunger Games bad dreams nightly since I started reading it-a first for a book. I'm a little freaked out them bringing some of this stuff to "life" on the big screen, esp the war scenes in Book Three. 

Maia, Valerie, Mary-I'm curious, what do you eat for breakfast? Everything breakfast is so carb heavy--oatmeal, toast, cereal, bagels etc. The only things I can think of are eggs, sausage and bacon. I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just honestly curious. It just seems like it would get very boring very fast with only those three things to eat!! 

I haven't read The Hunger Games trilogy yet. Haven't seen the movie either. I still haven't decided if its really my kind of story. One of the few times that I'm aware the books exist before the movie comes out and I really would rather see the movie first before investing the time in the books.

I love smoothies/shakes for breakfast :) Plus there are a zillion ways to make eggs!

Maia- We just moved here, I've never had the service before :D I was so excited about it because now I don't have to worry about the weeks I just can't make it to the library.

Has anyone seen my motivation? It seems to have taken flight and I have a number of chores to go get done. Counting down the last 45 minutes before the girls bed time and then hopefully I'll knock all the chores out in one swoop.

I've been working on prototypes for a knit bath set (shower puff, face scrubber, wash cloth, maybe a back washer?) I have two different puffs made. I like both of them, though one takes less yarn than the other... we shall see. Right now all I have to work with is acrylic. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up some cotton yarn in the near future.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#66 of 201 Old 04-05-2012, 04:56 PM

I actually didn't think the books would be my cup of tea. But DH kept saying he thought I'd like it so I read it and I was hooked. Its written pretty well and I really like that it doesn't take the traditional hero is a good guy with few or no moral/personal/social problems. The characters seem like they could be actual real people. I'm very glad that I read the books and enjoyed it even though the story was so difficult to read. I probably will another time through to catch anything I missed the first time and then that will be that. 

An egg is an egg to me--put as much or as little stuff into it as you want, I'm still gonna taste egg, kwim? I can only do eggs every so often, no matter how its cooked.

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#67 of 201 Old 04-05-2012, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View PostWe are happy little geeks, too! I think I may just have to pull The Hobbit out and read it as well.

We just got done reading the whole LOTR trilogy not long ago. That was when ds decided, for the most part, that he wants to read on his own and not have me read to him anymore greensad.gif Now he is WAY too squirmy to sleep with even on a temporary basis. He's growing up mecry.gif

Hunger Games: ds read them all, and he said they're so violent in the imagination that he does NOT want to see what they do with that on the big screen. I was just not very interested at all.

Breakfast: right now I am on weight loss mode again since I gained 15lb back in 7 weeks for no apparent reason-- but I am going to follow Valerie's lead and eat meat in the mornings, when I get off of this phase-- IF I go with this protocol still, and not try something new that I have stumbled upon. I am gaining the impression (OK, I've had the impression) that my metabolism is very, very broken, and I'm looking at probably getting blood work done to see what's up.

Aside from that-- bacon, steak, chicken, whatever. Non-traditional (for America) breakfasts. Fish. Shrimp. I don't eat those kinds of carby things anymore at all, anyway-- Just protein and fat and veggies and the very occasional small bit of fruit.

No sausage either, unless I can find it without hidden (or not so hidden) sweeteners! I haven't yet found breakfast links like that. I love them, too greensad.gif

Eggs are really, really good if you do them sweet: scramble them in a bowl with stevia and vanilla flavoring, then blobs of whipped cream cheese as they are cooking. Sometimes maple flavoring. I mean-- it sounds gross at first, but we use them in sweet things, why not just use them sweet?

Quote:

i just bought it at wal mart but i seen them at target too. 

http://bluediamond.com/index.cfm?navid=34&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Nut-Thins-Brand&utm_term=blue-diamond-almond-nut-thins&utm_content=A

this is what i bought. 

Lioness-- I am getting a link for Blue Diamond nuts! ROTFLMAO.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#68 of 201 Old 04-05-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:

Lioness-- I am getting a link for Blue Diamond nuts! ROTFLMAO.gif

lol. it must have saved the other link i used earlier! i will try again...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Singer-Sewing-Machine-Carrying-Case/5064502

there you go... lol. stupid pregnancy brain. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#69 of 201 Old 04-06-2012, 05:18 AM

Quote:

We are happy little geeks, too! I think I may just have to pull The Hobbit out and read it as well. And I'm going to keep calling it Middle Indiana, too. See how many other happy little geeks there are!

Great! Maybe we can start a trend! orngbiggrin.gif

Has anyone read The Hunger Games trilogy? 

I can't. I can't read anything dystopian anymore. Utopian/dystopian lit used to be my favorite genre too. But I read something last year that, though fiction, hit way to close to reality for me and it started me spiraling down into a very, very bad place. I sank into a funk that was scary. 
Once I pulled out of that I realized that the world seems too close to the edge of dystopia much of the time. When I heard of HG I knew I had to steer clear. 
shy.gif

But the totally awesome thing about that experience, that slide into a fatalistic depression, was that it helped to refocus me spiritually. It was the catalyst to a major paradigm shift for me. thumb.gif

Well, I do have eggs frequently. But I don't mind that. Sometimes they are scrambled -- which is what the fam usually requests. But just as often I throw some raw eggs into a smoothie. Smoothies (with cream and avocado as well as raw egg and maybe spinach) are my favorite way to start the day. 
Other days I have leftovers from the night before to get started.

At first it was hard to see how to eat without all the carby, easy breakfast foods. But once I reoriented myself and stopped seeing what I 'couldn't' have it became easier. For one thing there is nothing that I 'can't' have. There are things that nourish my body and things that harm my body. I make the more loving choice to eat only those things that nourish me. If I see it all as a choice, I move away from deprivation-mode and into loving-mode. 

I know that this isn't what you asked, specifically, but changing what I think about the food choices before me is a BIG part of not getting bored. Focusing on what I can't have makes what I can have seem so limiting and lacking. But when I look instead at the vast variety of foods that are perfectly good for me then I am no longer bored. 

I also have found that it helps me to think in terms of being allergic to grains, starches and sweeteners (except stevia.) If I choose to eat any of those things -- and it is a choice every. single. day. -- then I am choosing the allergic reactions that may come with it. Only in my case I don't get hives or any anaphylatic response -- I get fat.

And really, those are what I avoid -- not all carbs. I can enjoy any fruit or veggie that I really want to -- as long as I keep my overall carbs low and stay away from those  3 (grains, starches & sweeteners.)

Maryhippie.gif

#70 of 201 Old 04-06-2012, 05:43 AM

My friend is on the Paleo diet and she's dropping weight like crazy.  I tried it for a few days but my body just can't handle a lot of meat.  Bleh.

Quote:

Ugh indeed. irked.gif That's pretty crazy! Are they giving you a reduced rate since they keep not fixing it! Geesh! Have they checked the ball bearings in the tires? 

Yeah, they just charged for the actual parts this time.  He replaced the brake pad and cleaned it up in the wheel.  So far, the sound hasn't come back but I haven't been on the road for 

the time it usually takes for the sound to start up.  I'm hoping it did the job.  He did say that if it didn't work, he'll change the bearings (which cost a fortune to do.)

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#71 of 201 Old 04-06-2012, 05:53 AM

Well someone is looking out for us :) Its the first time I've felt like that in a while.

DH check was bigger than we expected so our slightly late rent will be paid today. As a bonus the title to our broken van should be in the mail box today which means we can scrap it and get the $400 for it and pay the deposit for electric that is looming over our heads. When I had set it up a month ago, I was told they would bill it to me. What the woman failed to mention is that until we paid the deposit they wouldn't transfer it into my name. So its been in the Property management's name for a month :/ Thankfully we got it straightened and the power company will be putting it in our name on Monday. If the landlord/property manager man hadn't come by, we wouldn't have even known there was an issue and the electric would have been shut off on Tuesday. 

So there's positive happy feelings in my world today. The house is semi clean to begin my day because I did some cleaning last night. I'm in a good mood.

All the talk of gardens has made me want to plant some things. I'm going to have DH build me a three tiered garden box from some recycled wood he found at a job (I don't think we can actually put anything in the ground here) so I can plant some herbs and easy things like tomatoes. Maybe even some edible flowers :) 

Today is a bright sunshine-y day here. How about ya'll? 

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#72 of 201 Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Postlol. it must have saved the other link i used earlier! i will try again...

ROTFLMAO.gif

I found it. I just went to Walmart.com and searched "sewing machine cover" and found some! My mom said that hard shelled one is the best deal and a good one. My mom is the Sewing Queen so I will take her word for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View PostAt first it was hard to see how to eat without all the carby, easy breakfast foods. But once I reoriented myself and stopped seeing what I 'couldn't' have it became easier. For one thing there is nothing that I 'can't' have. There are things that nourish my body and things that harm my body. I make the more loving choice to eat only those things that nourish me. If I see it all as a choice, I move away from deprivation-mode and into loving-mode. 

I know that this isn't what you asked, specifically, but changing what I think about the food choices before me is a BIG part of not getting bored. Focusing on what I can't have makes what I can have seem so limiting and lacking. But when I look instead at the vast variety of foods that are perfectly good for me then I am no longer bored. 

I also have found that it helps me to think in terms of being allergic to grains, starches and sweeteners (except stevia.) If I choose to eat any of those things -- and it is a choice every. single. day. -- then I am choosing the allergic reactions that may come with it. Only in my case I don't get hives or any anaphylatic response -- I get fat.

This. Only I think my metabolism is so broken that I get fat regardless of WHAT I eat greensad.gif

Really, though; I am so used to not eating grains or starches or sugar. Today I made "Doughnut Muffins" for ds and had a teeny little scrap, I mean, probably as big as half a penny, if that-- and it was WAY too sweet. You get used to things! I do sometimes miss hot cereal and there is this flax/pumpkin thing I make every now and then, but not often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View PostWell someone is looking out for us :) Its the first time I've felt like that in a while.

So there's positive happy feelings in my world today.

I so love positive thinking love.gif

I like one of the phrases in AA-- "Act as if". I find it's much easier to see the silver lining in things if I don't live in the negative.

We have a really dark, overcast, wet day here today. We were going to go out to Cherokee to see the museum but ds doesn't want to go and I don't want to drive in it. Plus their whole village thing, where they recreate an outdoor village from pre-European days, doesn't open till May, so we're going to wait till then-- but he has a project due for school based on them, and so now he's going to have to do research online. Oh well, no skin off my nose shrug.gif lol.gif

M's new job is going well, so far. He is VERY busy! You should hear about what this company makes, holy moly. It's HUGE. The ceiling is like 50ft high inside and he said it's like nearly a mile from one door to the other. He likes it, but because of his meds/dx's his hands tend to shake, and he has to be really careful-- they told him yesterday that he won't be able to keep the job if he can't get that to stop yikes2.gif That would totally stink because if he lost it, he'd be homeless in less than a week, no lie.

So I have meat in the dehydrator for jerky, and I made doughnut muffins, and I think I am going to go make waffles or pancakes to freeze. I have the kitchen floor to clean at some point, and the countertops need a bit of shine. Also it's Easter weekend so I want to do something related to that. What was Jesus doing on Good Friday? hide.gif

#73 of 201 Old 04-06-2012, 11:56 AM

Afternoon all.  I can't believe it's the 6th of April already.  It's been so warm here then of course right when I am about to work on the garden I have to light the fire again:(

Well, Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a great weekend.  I hope everyone enjoys time with family and friends:)

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#74 of 201 Old 04-07-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:

Well someone is looking out for us :) Its the first time I've felt like that in a while.

joy.gif thumb.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

This. Only I think my metabolism is so broken that I get fat regardless of WHAT I eat greensad.gif

Really, though; I am so used to not eating grains or starches or sugar. Today I made "Doughnut Muffins" for ds and had a teeny little scrap, I mean, probably as big as half a penny, if that-- and it was WAY too sweet. You get used to things! I do sometimes miss hot cereal and there is this flax/pumpkin thing I make every now and then, but not often.

When I REALLY miss breakfast cereal I put a handful of nuts (usually pecans or walnuts) in a bowl, add a tiny bit of stevia and then about a tablespoon of heavy cream. Once I mix it together well it tastes heavenly! eat.gif 
It is not a large quantity of food -- but as with all fats, they satiate more quickly than other foods do. Keeps me going for hours. orngbiggrin.gif

And, yes, once I got away from sweeteners everything tastes too sweet. Even a simple strawberry is just almost too sweet for me anymore. I can smell the sweet when the kids eat candy or doughnuts or something like that and even that smell is too sweet for me. I don't crave anything sweet anymore. It is really, really, freakin' great! love.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View PostWell someone is looking out for us :) Its the first time I've felt like that in a while.

So there's positive happy feelings in my world today.

I so love positive thinking love.gif

I like one of the phrases in AA-- "Act as if". I find it's much easier to see the silver lining in things if I don't live in the negative.

He likes it, but because of his meds/dx's his hands tend to shake, and he has to be really careful-- they told him yesterday that he won't be able to keep the job if he can't get that to stop yikes2.gif That would totally stink because if he lost it, he'd be homeless in less than a week, no lie.

Maybe that's the same as: Fake it til you Feel it?
That one has served me well at many times in my life. winky.gif

So sorry to hear about M's trouble with the shaking hands. Ugh. hug2.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by redveg View Post

Afternoon all.  I can't believe it's the 6th of April already.  It's been so warm here then of course right when I am about to work on the garden I have to light the fire again:(

Well, Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a great weekend.  I hope everyone enjoys time with family and friends:)

luxlove.gif Red grouphug.gif

Maryhippie.gif

#75 of 201 Old 04-07-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Postlol. it must have saved the other link i used earlier! i will try again...

ROTFLMAO.gif

I found it. I just went to Walmart.com and searched "sewing machine cover" and found some! My mom said that hard shelled one is the best deal and a good one. My mom is the Sewing Queen so I will take her word for it!

my mom reccomended it to me too! lol. i love it. it keeps everything nice and clean too. 

i am off to my mom's house. ds is going to mow her yard. she is going to make me pineapple brats and macaroni salad. and the girls are going to play in her toy room. then i get to meet my cousin and she is going to give me all her 0-3 mo boy clothes and a stack of prefolds. so excited! should be the last load of clothes i get. so i can go through them and decide what to keep. i am thinking about taking the rest to a consignment shop and seeing if i can get some money out of them. i have ALOT of baby clothes right now. lol. 

#76 of 201 Old 04-07-2012, 11:20 AM

I must have been a terrible person in a previous life. Every time a small ray of sunshine comes into my life, a thousand rain clouds come to pour down on it.

DH couldn't get the van taken care of yesterday. So the electricity payment wasn't made. I'm worried he'll get too busy to get it done today too or something will come up and I'll end up with no electricity on Monday :/ And its not like I have a vehicle to go get all of this done for him. We have one vehicle and it because his work vehicle when his died.

While DH and I were separated last year, he got into an accident (his fault.) He asked for a court date to be able to get the points off his license with the class you can take. We got back together and then he lost his job, so I quit mine and we moved in with his mom. With all the moving, he didn't receive his summons for court and missed it. Then his mom went psycho and threatened to kill him so we moved out and were basically homeless for a month (we lived in a one room efficiency with 4 kids for over a month.) He realized the due date for the ticket payment was coming soon and there was going to be no way for us to pay it. Since his job is reliant on him being able to drive, he can't get his license suspended. He called the County Clerks office and asked what to do. She said to write a letter of appeal to the head of the office for an extension and that should do. So we did.

Got the reply today. Denied. I feel royally f***ed. 

#77 of 201 Old 04-07-2012, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by mary3mama View PostMaybe that's the same as: Fake it til you Feel it?

So sorry to hear about M's trouble with the shaking hands. Ugh

Fake it till you make it, is what we say, but same idea.

M took the "antidote med" to work with him. That's the one that supposed to shut off side effects from his other meds. I guess yesterday it worked thumb.gif Let's hope it stays working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View PostI must have been a terrible person in a previous life. Every time a small ray of sunshine comes into my life, a thousand rain clouds come to pour down on it.

Oh, hon grouphug.gif Somehow things will work out for you! They have to!

#78 of 201 Old 04-07-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:

I'm glad my post was helpful! I've been trying very hard to keep that positive upbeat energy going and I've really surprised myself by maintaining it, at least to a degree every day. I hope things calm down for you, that sounds super craziness. And talking in front of a camera...I think I'd lose my lunch!! Sending you lots of calm, cool and collected energy your way!! I'd like to hear more about the exhibit-is it art of kids, for kids or by kids? 

*PHEW!* The Art Gala (kick-off celebration for the exhibit) was last night and it was AWESOME!!  I was so super proud of what we accomplished and the children who participated.  It is mostly art by kids (birth-12th grade) but it's open to adults, as well.  luckily I didn't have to speak for the cameras on Thursday OR last night.  My friend took the reins.  THANK GOD.  Here's a clip from the news: http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Attracting-More-To-The-Arts-146501285.html?vid=a so you can see it for yourself. :)  Thanks for all the calm energy, though, regardless of the news the few days before, like I said, is always VERY hectic but we made it another fabulous year!! hooray!! 

Quote:

M's new job is going well, so far. He is VERY busy! You should hear about what this company makes, holy moly. It's HUGE. The ceiling is like 50ft high inside and he said it's like nearly a mile from one door to the other. He likes it, but because of his meds/dx's his hands tend to shake, and he has to be really careful-- they told him yesterday that he won't be able to keep the job if he can't get that to stop yikes2.gif That would totally stink because if he lost it, he'd be homeless in less than a week, no lie.

So I have meat in the dehydrator for jerky, and I made doughnut muffins, and I think I am going to go make waffles or pancakes to freeze. I have the kitchen floor to clean at some point, and the countertops need a bit of shine. Also it's Easter weekend so I want to do something related to that. What was Jesus doing on Good Friday? hide.gif

Will M be able to get the shaking to stop?  I hope so because it sounds like a good fit for him.  

Can you please send me some jerky?  haha.  YUM.  A girl I roomed with in college had a grandpa who would bring us his homemade jerky every once in a while.  It was so insanely good.  mmmmmmmm.  

Wasn't Jesus being nailed to the cross on Good Friday?  I'm pretty sure it's the day that commemorates his actual death.  

Quote:

i am off to my mom's house. ds is going to mow her yard. she is going to make me pineapple brats and macaroni salad. and the girls are going to play in her toy room. then i get to meet my cousin and she is going to give me all her 0-3 mo boy clothes and a stack of prefolds. so excited! should be the last load of clothes i get. so i can go through them and decide what to keep. i am thinking about taking the rest to a consignment shop and seeing if i can get some money out of them. i have ALOT of baby clothes right now. lol. 

Sounds like a great day for you, LM!!!  hooray for a stack of prefolds!  What are pineapple brats?  All I can think of is bratwurst with pineapple and if that's the case I guess I'm going to your mom's too.  haha.  (This thread has me HUNGRY today!!)  

Mommy2Austin: It sounds like you're in a sad/aggrivated place.  I hope you find comfort soon.  stillheart.gif

In a little bit we've got my dad, his wife, my sissy and her DH coming over for egg coloring.  Then tomorrow we have breakfast with my mom and her husband and dinner with MIL & FIL.  We're concentrating more on the signs of spring/celebrating the renewal of the Earth on our end of it.  

Hope everyone is enjoying beauty this weekend!! 

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#79 of 201 Old 04-07-2012, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostWill M be able to get the shaking to stop?  I hope so because it sounds like a good fit for him.  

Can you please send me some jerky?  haha.  YUM.  A girl I roomed with in college had a grandpa who would bring us his homemade jerky every once in a while.  It was so insanely good.  mmmmmmmm.  

Wasn't Jesus being nailed to the cross on Good Friday?  I'm pretty sure it's the day that commemorates his actual death. 

Yeah, about Jesus, I felt like an idiot after I looked that up duh.gif

Jerky-- I got this dehydrator now, but before that I was just doing it in the oven. Takes longer but is really easy! If you don't have racks so the meat pieces dry evenly, you have to use a cookie sheet and keep turning them every now and then, but it's no big deal. I get eye of round-- get the least fatty kind of meat you can, because fat comes out really gross dried. I cut it with a serrated knife and I try to cut thin pieces, but I'm not very good that way. Which is alright, because I actually do like varying thicknesses of pieces.

I marinate in just vinegar. I tried different marinades and different amounts of spices, but we like the tanginess of just vinegar.

Then the next day, put them on the cookie sheet in a single layer, and put in the very slowest oven temp you have. Mine's 200*. I leave them there the better part of 24 hours, or more. Check them every couple hours to turn them over. Then I turn the oven off and leave them there forever, to make sure they're done done done. Yum! It's hard not to snitch at them. Which I do. Copiously yummy.gif

M didn't have any problems with shaking yesterday joy.gif

#80 of 201 Old 04-07-2012, 02:29 PM

I'm trying to put out positive. Instead of sitting and dwelling on the bad, I'm going to focus my energy into finding ways to make money. I'm doing some old GPT type websites that were always decent for a little extra cash and I signed up for some online writing jobs for a legitimate website, so hopefully that pans out. I'm looking to possibly doing online classes and working on a degree (which gives the benefit of getting financial aide to help pay for some of life things as well as school)

I wish I had a skill I could sell. I've spent every year since I graduated high school as a wife and mother. I was a correctional officer for 2 years, but forfeited my certification when I quit (they paid for me to go to school.) I couldn't go back to that if I wanted (and I really REALLY don't.)

I'm waiting for something to come to me that I can actually do in my home that I don't have to leave the house for. I'm not even looking to make a living on it, just supplement what we already have.

#81 of 201 Old 04-08-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:

grouphug.gif

Quote:

M took the "antidote med" to work with him. That's the one that supposed to shut off side effects from his other meds. I guess yesterday it worked thumb.gif Let's hope it stays working!

thumb.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I wish I had a skill I could sell. I've spent every year since I graduated high school as a wife and mother. I was a correctional officer for 2 years, but forfeited my certification when I quit (they paid for me to go to school.) I couldn't go back to that if I wanted (and I really REALLY don't.)

I'm waiting for something to come to me that I can actually do in my home that I don't have to leave the house for. I'm not even looking to make a living on it, just supplement what we already have.

I totally hear you! I have a bachelor's degree and about a half of my coursework for a masters. I had lots of jobs before becoming a mama and was an excellent, sought-after employee. I am intelligent and conscientious. BUT -- I've been a SAHMama for 11 years and it would be hard at this point for me to get anything but an entry level job anywhere. And I with homeschooling I really don't have much flexibility with my time.

I am so thankful that my husband is employed at a job with a decent salary. But sometimes I worry about what would happen to us if anything happened to his salary (or him...)

In past years when he wasn't making as much and it was hard to make ends meet I did babysitting. Just casual stuff not every day of the week -- which I found really difficult to do when I tried it. It was too limiting and curtailed what I could do with my own children like field trips and park dates. But helping various friends one or two days a week was just enough income supplementation that it made a big difference in getting bills paid on time and having enough $$ for groceries. I found that within my circle of AP-mamas there was always one or two people who wanted an "AP-safe place" to leave their children from time to time. orngbiggrin.gif And their children didn't mind because I had 2 or 3 children to play with so it was just a play date to them. 

In my pre-mama days I was a magazine writer and editor. That was my most favorite job. Sometimes I wish I could do that freelance and online now. But my skills are rusty and I don't really have that time to devote to it. 

I have a friend who does lots of book editing -- and it pays well and allows her to be home with her homeschooled children. She says that it is not easy to break into, but once you get in and prove yourself it is great.

I am working on a plan to generate income via knitting and crocheting. I am not to the point where I want to be with my skills yet; but I am working on all of it. We do not need the extra income right now, thankfully (and that is the first time in nearly 18 years of marriage that I can say that.) But if anything should ever happen to my hubby I want to be ready with an income stream I can ramp up. Beyond that if any of my children decide to go to college, whatever income I generate can help them with their expenses. And we can squirrel away money for retirement needs. Not to mention my hubby wants to go back to school to get a masters degree. Ugh. 

Sorry, hijacked your convo there....2whistle.gif

Maryhippie.gif

#82 of 201 Old 04-08-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Quote:

Sounds like a great day for you, LM!!!  hooray for a stack of prefolds!  What are pineapple brats?  All I can think of is bratwurst with pineapple and if that's the case I guess I'm going to your mom's too.  haha.  (This thread has me HUNGRY today!!)  

they are old time prefolds. thin. so perfect for a newborn. but at least 4 inches bigger than the size they should be, but with how thin they are, it isnt a big deal. 

yes brats with pineapple in them. they were awesome. she even gave me some to bring home. i think i will eat one for breakfast. lol. 

off to the uu church. we are goiing to do an easter egg hunt. then service, then a meeting with the other pregnant ladies to discuss dedication ceremonies. i think we are all doing it at the same time. to make a big toodoo out of it. DH is actually going today. i am so shocked. he hates going. but it is easter and he wants to help the kids with the hunt, and he dug up a raspberry bush to give them for their garden. ii would love if he started joining us more often. 

#83 of 201 Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:

I sent you a message.  smile.gif

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#84 of 201 Old 04-08-2012, 10:12 AM

Still trying to be positive though my nerves feel shot.

Did a house sweep for loose change and have it and a $5 bill tucked away where no one can reach/will look for it. I'll call it a rainy day fund.

Friday my sister is going to come pick me and the kids up for the weekend and we're going to do Easter re-do for my kiddos since we didn't get to have one. On Saturday, we're gonna tote em to the beach for some fun in the sand, sun, and water. It'll be nice to see my family and get out of here for a few days.

My sister is also gonna take me grocery shopping next monday to help with our food situation. I just have to keep telling myself I can make it until then.

#85 of 201 Old 04-08-2012, 02:37 PM

Mommy2Austin, hugs. I am hoping the universe sends you some luck soon.

A follow up on the hospital bill...it wasn't itemized! So now I have to call back and argue the bill. There's no way I am paying it for the little work the man actually did.

In good news, it's been almost 2 weeks since I've been on my crazy elimination diet. I've had several compliments on how great my skin looks, and I've lost 9 pounds. My energy is also better. So I think I'm doing the right thing. It was insane today with all of the candy and whatnot at my aunt's house, but I had promised myself one cheat, one of another aunt's hot cross buns. So I ate that. Honestly, it didn't do all that much for me, so now I kind of wish I had spent a cheat on something else, but I'll live. LOL!

Come ponder with me about food!
#86 of 201 Old 04-08-2012, 05:33 PM

Mommy2Austin: grouphug.gif I feel ya. We were there November through January trying to eek by just two more weeks, just one more week. Its so rough. But it will switch around, it will get better. Just have to keep pushing and pushing and pushing. 

Vydelea-So glad things pulled through with the art exhibit!

No carb breakfast-Thanks for sharing. smile.gif I think giving up breakfast would be one of the hardest things for me to follow that type of diet. I love all those different breakfasty items and I honestly don't know that I could give up real sugar. I hate sugar substitutes, they just are unpleasant to me. I wouldn't mind not enjoying sweets as much, though...

Lioness-Def hit a consignment shop! I've made over $100 selling stuff to one around here. Its not a huge amt of money at once (they only pay out after the item sells which is somewhat annoying but oh well...) but its put gas in the car several times. They are super super picky, though, and if it has any minor teeny blemish, they'll find it. How was the uu service?? 

Maia-Glad that M's hands are doing better! How crappy of his boss to tell him to get something like that under control or he is out of a job. Geesh!

I hope everyone had a great Easter!  Ours wasn't too bad though I'm ready for a break from DH's family. Just too much time with them in the past couple of years, I think. Its gone from a great way to get a free meal to a chore to spend time with everyone. I'm glad family holiday season is OVER! Now to get my little slice of the world back into order after DD's spring break and all will be well again. namaste.gif

#87 of 201 Old 04-09-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:

I'm waiting on a few books on Wicca to come in the mail from the library (they ship holds straight to your house :D ) They were recommended to me as good for beginners (both by Scott Cunningham) so I figured I'd start there. 

I wish our library delivered things! At ours, you can only put five things on hold, and it takes forever for the holds to come through: literally they will have the book available at another library and it will take months for them to move it to one close to me.

Quote:

First and foremost: Thank you all for all the support and love after my last post in the March thread! I cannot express how much it meant to me! grouphug.gif You all rock!!

And now I am leaving all the bad juju in March. April will be fantastic month, full of wonderful, positive experiences and open to all kinds of positive change. Yes, my friends, yes indeed. love.gif

On the first note of April's good juju, DH interviewed for a part time second job and was hired at the interview! He's going to be working at a restaurant in the evening three or four nights a week as needed. He will still have the weekends off! He will be putting in between 60 and 70 hrs a week, but its really going to pay off for us. Oh, and its all of three minutes down the road! No commute! He started yesterday and I can already see a change in him. He really enjoyed it and was very happy to be back into the hustle and bustle of a restaurant. Squee!! joy.gif

My dad is doing much much better. He's down to very little pain medicine, he's sleeping through the night (which hasn't happened in nearly a year!) and in his own words he's getting stronger by the day! Its so nice to see the man I grew up with poking out of the pain laden man I've known for the past year. orngbiggrin.gif

And my house is clean. Yard is almost completely cleaned up. New clothesline is in the garage, waiting to be installed on Friday. Going to check out some herb plants at the grocery tomorrow. So far, April is off to a great start!

UU: We have a pretty good UU church close to downtown Indy. I enjoyed the pastor a lot. I just was bothered by the constant need to vocalize the inclusion of everyone's beliefs. Like saying "We will now have a moment of silence. You can pray if you pray, meditate, reflect upon or whatever you feel drawn to do". It got tedious for me. And I didn't enjoy how the services were seemingly exact replications of Christian services with hymns and all that. But otherwise I enjoyed it. Depending on how things go with DH's jobs, I may start attending the Pagan circle they have. 

Ha! I think DH needs his exhaust system fixed pretty badly. DS2 just heard a lawn mower start and started yelling DADA! and running for the door. Sheepish.gif I think we'll get on that...lol.gif

Welcome welcome welcome to all the new members! Look forward to getting to know you!  

Here is to a fabulous April, ladies! champagne.gif

Yay about your father and your husband's new job! I wish our UU church had a Pagan circle. The closest CUUPs is an hour away, and I just don't have it in me to try to get something going at my church even though I know a couple of other Pagans there.

Quote:

I'm so glad things are looking up for you, 3xMama!

This month seems to be a month of bills for us, more so than usual. Yesterday I got a bill in the mail for DD's ER visit in FL back in January. I had already paid the hospital bill, so this is the doctor's. We have a super high deductible, so basically we pay for everything out of pocket. They want $732!!!! She saw the doctor for less than 5 minutes, so I'm fighting this. If she had had major injuries or something, that would be one thing, but she had a sinus and ear infection, and he repeated what the nurse had already done. I called them up and asked for an itemized bill, so I can see if we can have it audited for  extraneous charges first. Hopefully, I won't have to argue too much, but this is why health care costs in the US are going up! Total price gouging!

That sucks. I hope you can get the bill down.

Quote:

my midwives came over last  night for my appt. everything looks great. baby is even head down at 28 weeks. they could tell where all his little parts were and heard his heartbeat. they tried to let me hear it, but it is so faint i can barely make it out. i already went out and bought all the supplies, pads etc, so all i have left is going through and arranging etc. i still need a dresser for the baby clothes though. but everything is coming together just like i put on my map from last year. maybe that is why i havent been abel to finish the hew one, the old one isnt done yet....

Yay for healthy babies!

Quote:

I am such a cheap date, too! I told M that all I wanted for Valentine's Day was a hand written love note, and he tried to get me a bouquet of flowers-- ON the day of, and it was $82 and he couldn't afford it. So I ended up with nothing, which for whatever reason hurt worse. I mean-- I guess he had loftier sights, but really-- all I want, ALL I want, is a hand written love note. I have yet to see it greensad.gif

That would bug me, too.

Quote:

I read them. I loved them. We were supposed to see the movie opening weekend, but the kids got chicken pox. No one wants to sit the kids while they're sick.

Quote:

I must have been a terrible person in a previous life. Every time a small ray of sunshine comes into my life, a thousand rain clouds come to pour down on it.

DH couldn't get the van taken care of yesterday. So the electricity payment wasn't made. I'm worried he'll get too busy to get it done today too or something will come up and I'll end up with no electricity on Monday :/ And its not like I have a vehicle to go get all of this done for him. We have one vehicle and it because his work vehicle when his died.

While DH and I were separated last year, he got into an accident (his fault.) He asked for a court date to be able to get the points off his license with the class you can take. We got back together and then he lost his job, so I quit mine and we moved in with his mom. With all the moving, he didn't receive his summons for court and missed it. Then his mom went psycho and threatened to kill him so we moved out and were basically homeless for a month (we lived in a one room efficiency with 4 kids for over a month.) He realized the due date for the ticket payment was coming soon and there was going to be no way for us to pay it. Since his job is reliant on him being able to drive, he can't get his license suspended. He called the County Clerks office and asked what to do. She said to write a letter of appeal to the head of the office for an extension and that should do. So we did.

hug2.gifI hope things are looking better now.

Quote:

I'm trying to put out positive. Instead of sitting and dwelling on the bad, I'm going to focus my energy into finding ways to make money. I'm doing some old GPT type websites that were always decent for a little extra cash and I signed up for some online writing jobs for a legitimate website, so hopefully that pans out. I'm looking to possibly doing online classes and working on a degree (which gives the benefit of getting financial aide to help pay for some of life things as well as school)

I know how that is. My husband works construction. We'll have weeks where no money is coming in, which freaks me out. I've tried babysitting some,  but it seems like for the most part most people don't want a sitter who can't drive their kids places, and my car is too small.

So, we are still knee deep in chicken pox here. We still went to my in-law's seder. My eldest (who is over it) went to my grandmother's for Easter. We're still looking for somewhere to move, and with that, we're still thinking about our eldest's school. She will be kindergarten age next year. My mother puts a lot of pressure on me to send her to school. I've always thought about homeschooling, but my daughter on and off asks to go to school. We applied to some charter/magnet/gifted/classical public schools, but she didn't get accepted anywhere (though she did score as gifted, which makes me wonder how good a fit a normal public school would be; I don't want a highly academic kindergarten, but that's really difficult to find a non-academic public school, and I think what would be even worse for her is to have her in an academic kindergarten where all the kids were working on letter sounds and counting to a hundred and she'd be really bored). We have one more school we're waiting to hear from: a virtual charter school that has one on-campus class a week, which might be the best compromise for our family, though I don't like that it's non-union. Otherwise, we have to move somewhere with a decent neighborhood school or homeschool.  I just want things to settle and to know what the plan for next fall is so that I can prepare for it.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#88 of 201 Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

I know how that is. My husband works construction. We'll have weeks where no money is coming in, which freaks me out. I've tried babysitting some,  but it seems like for the most part most people don't want a sitter who can't drive their kids places, and my car is too small.

So, we are still knee deep in chicken pox here. We still went to my in-law's seder. My eldest (who is over it) went to my grandmother's for Easter. We're still looking for somewhere to move, and with that, we're still thinking about our eldest's school. She will be kindergarten age next year. My mother puts a lot of pressure on me to send her to school. I've always thought about homeschooling, but my daughter on and off asks to go to school. We applied to some charter/magnet/gifted/classical public schools, but she didn't get accepted anywhere (though she did score as gifted, which makes me wonder how good a fit a normal public school would be; I don't want a highly academic kindergarten, but that's really difficult to find a non-academic public school, and I think what would be even worse for her is to have her in an academic kindergarten where all the kids were working on letter sounds and counting to a hundred and she'd be really bored). We have one more school we're waiting to hear from: a virtual charter school that has one on-campus class a week, which might be the best compromise for our family, though I don't like that it's non-union. Otherwise, we have to move somewhere with a decent neighborhood school or homeschool.  I just want things to settle and to know what the plan for next fall is so that I can prepare for it.

We had that issue with DS. He started kindergarten back in August and his teacher wanted him to be tested for gifted. We moved a few times and his lost school he started getting bad notes home. Come to find out, he was bored out of his mind. He was doing anything to occupy himself. He also has the beginnings of ADHD and OCD (I hate labeling them, but its soooo blatant its hard to ignore I do try to not talk about it in front of him.)

We're homeschooling right now, but I'm desperately looking for a happy medium between him being home all day with little interaction with kids other than his siblings and being in public school and bored out of his mind because he's ahead of the other kids.

I can breathe a sigh of relief for the moment. The electric payment was made last night. So we won't be without power. I have to figure out what other bills are coming up because I don't want to be scrambling for money when it gets here.

#89 of 201 Old 04-09-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:

off to the uu church. we are goiing to do an easter egg hunt. then service, then a meeting with the other pregnant ladies to discuss dedication ceremonies. i think we are all doing it at the same time. to make a big toodoo out of it. DH is actually going today. i am so shocked. he hates going. but it is easter and he wants to help the kids with the hunt, and he dug up a raspberry bush to give them for their garden. ii would love if he started joining us more often. 

Can't wait to hear about the dedication ceremony when the time comes!  How did the kids like their raspberry bush?? yum!!! 

Quote:

In good news, it's been almost 2 weeks since I've been on my crazy elimination diet. I've had several compliments on how great my skin looks, and I've lost 9 pounds. My energy is also better. So I think I'm doing the right thing. It was insane today with all of the candy and whatnot at my aunt's house, but I had promised myself one cheat, one of another aunt's hot cross buns. So I ate that. Honestly, it didn't do all that much for me, so now I kind of wish I had spent a cheat on something else, but I'll live. LOL!

Right?  What the heck is with ALLLLL the candy?  Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate but my mom brought us like 5 lbs of candy.  I sorted out all the Hershey kisses (my fave!! - and a small, perfect cheat for me) and put the rest in a bag and sent it to work with DH.  I'm sure they'll love me Sheepish.gif but I don't want it here!  If it sits here I know I'll tell myself "oh, just one" and end up eating 15 pieces!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

Will keep my fingers crossed for your daughter to get in to the virtual school or that the Universe gets you wherever you need to be to get your child the schooling that will best fit her.  

3x: I'm with you.  I also need a break from DHs family.  We get along fairly well but I've seen them 4x in the past week and it's time for some room.  haha.  After an insane week of preparing for both the holiday and the art show last week this week is full of NO PLANS.  A trip to my grandparents farm on Thursday and lots of free play for both Z and I!  haha.

Off to finish the dishes, I hope!  Sometimes I really envy those who have dishwashers!!!! dishes.gif I've had 8 people over for 2 meals in the past 24 hours.  LOL!  Time to get crackin'!  

#90 of 201 Old 04-09-2012, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View PostMaia-Glad that M's hands are doing better! How crappy of his boss to tell him to get something like that under control or he is out of a job. Geesh!

Well, it's fair. He works a VERY dangerous job where it'd be easy to get maimed or killed in a heartbeat. You can't have shaking hands. So far it's working out, though; he's kind of fudging with his meds to figure out a dose/time schedule that works, and he's bringing the antidote med to work with him if he needs it.

I don't mind not eating sugar anymore. It's SO FREEING not to be chained to the cravings. I am so addicted.

I am trying something new: Bulletproof coffee. Google it. At first it sounds freaking GROSS! lol.gif but it's actually quite good! And so filling. Keeps me going throughout most of the morning; I don't even need breakfast. At 10am I just had some of the standing rib roast that I made yesterday but couldn't eat because of upset tum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revolting View PostI wish our library delivered things! At ours, you can only put five things on hold, and it takes forever for the holds to come through: literally they will have the book available at another library and it will take months for them to move it to one close to me.

Otherwise, we have to move somewhere with a decent neighborhood school or homeschool.  I just want things to settle and to know what the plan for next fall is so that I can prepare for it.

Right? I am so jealous of the library delivery! OTOH I would be really upset if it took that long for holds to come in!

Homeschooling vs public schooling: what is the compulsory age for schooling where you live? Here in NC, you don't have to send them to school till they are 7, but lots of people don't know that because kindy usually starts around 5 or 6yo. My boy didn't go to kindy at all; we homeschooled and then I sent him to public for 1st grade. He was 6 turning 7, I think. He's in a charter, now. He got into that (lottery) 6 weeks into the 1st grade year and he's now 11 and in 5th grade.

Which is a long winded way of saying-- if your state has a higher compulsory age, like mine does, you may not need to make that decision so soon smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View PostHe also has the beginnings of ADHD and OCD (I hate labeling them, but its soooo blatant its hard to ignore I do try to not talk about it in front of him.)

I can breathe a sigh of relief for the moment. The electric payment was made last night. So we won't be without power.

Yay for paid electric! Relief, huh? We are (or used to be) avid campers so I have lots of camping stuff around-- the power went out the other day because of severe storms and here M is freaking out on our behalf-- we were inconvenienced, yeah, but it wasn't a big deal. We had the roof and we live indoors so yay. I know it's not the same, but it made me think of it.

ADHD-- if you have him tested, and he does have it-- it's not a bad thing to keep him abreast of his disorder. Mine knows he has it. But his is pretty severe. He knows he has to compensate for it in lots of ways. I have it, too, but didn't know it till a couple years ago, and it turns out that I have had coping mechanisms in place for a lot of years winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostOff to finish the dishes, I hope!  Sometimes I really envy those who have dishwashers!!!! dishes.gif I've had 8 people over for 2 meals in the past 24 hours.  LOL!  Time to get crackin'!  

WOW. That is a lot of dishes! I can't live w/o a dishwasher anymore. I would go NUTS. But every time ds complains about having to unload it, I either threaten to teach him how to load it (at 11 he is WAY grossed out by dirty dishes or food ick), or I ground him from the dishwasher. He learns to appreciate it right quick! lol.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page