*~*~*~*April Pagan Family Thread~*~*~**~**~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 201 Old 04-14-2012, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Where is everybody?

We had a nice home day today-- no gasoline use at all thumb.gif which is nice, because it seems like I am always in the car.

DS was a bit off for the first half of the day. He relapsed with three bad behavior days this week in school, and I had to get called on Thursday with a complete LIE, I mean a whole total fabrication about why he got sent to the office. So I took away his two very favorite things (Bey Blades and Wii) for the whole weekend, starting Thursday.

Well, Friday he was awesome in school, and he thought that would negate the 3 bad days and he'd get his beloved Bey Blades back. Or the Wii. Um, nope. NOTHING you can do will earn those back. No earning back anymore, because that means Mama was a wuss and didn't stick to her word. SO whoops, nope, sorry.

So today, he was pretty morose half the day. Then he got a wild hair and decided he had to have some new thing-- RIGHT NOW. He was trying to bribe me six ways from Sunday to take him to Walmart to buy this new thing that he's wanted so badly for a year that he couldn't remember what it was shake.gif eyesroll.gif

He vacuumed, he did chores, he offered me $1.65 in gas money (you can tell he really understands the value of "gas is really high right now"...ha).

So I stood my ground and said no. Not leaving the house. He moped on the couch, very passive-aggressively obviously, for probably an hour, before he realized I wasn't paying any attention. Oh well!

He's good to go, now, finally.

I got some good cam time with M today luxlove.gif

Oh hey-- we have a promising showing on Monday! Oh, mamas....if you have time and energy, please light candles and say prayers between 2-3pm EDT on Monday! This person has apparently driven by umpteen times, and finally asked for a showing of the inside. This could be The One! Oh cross fingers! fingersx.gif Wouldn't that be so cool?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#122 of 201 Old 04-14-2012, 06:33 PM

Maiasaura- we're still in the hospital. I'm hoping because her anti bs will be done by 3 am that as long as they remove her ear tube tomorrow we can go home.

Sending all the energy I can muster that Monday will bring what you need smile.gif

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#123 of 201 Old 04-15-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Oh hey-- we have a promising showing on Monday! Oh, mamas....if you have time and energy, please light candles and say prayers between 2-3pm EDT on Monday! This person has apparently driven by umpteen times, and finally asked for a showing of the inside. This could be The One! Oh cross fingers! fingersx.gif Wouldn't that be so cool?

I hope this is it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

Maiasaura- we're still in the hospital. 

Wow, I had no idea!  Poor little one.  Hoping today will be release day!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#124 of 201 Old 04-15-2012, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View PostMaiasaura- we're still in the hospital. I'm hoping because her anti bs will be done by 3 am that as long as they remove her ear tube tomorrow we can go home.
Sending all the energy I can muster that Monday will bring what you need smile.gif

Oh poor baby greensad.gif I hope she'll be alright soon. What is anti bs? Hope you are home now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View PostI hope this is it!!

You and me, both! I lit a candle at church today, for M for job energy and for me for house-selling.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#125 of 201 Old 04-15-2012, 05:19 PM

Maiasaura- Anti bs=antibiotics

We're still here. Supposed to be getting out tomorrow. I'm so close to the end of my rope with their antics I may just sign her out AMA if they don't let us go. Because at this point they are just bleeding it for money.

Planning to start reading Living Wicca tonight. I'm not really feeling a conection to it at the moment maybe I will once I get into it. If not then I know I should keep looking.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#126 of 201 Old 04-16-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post I wish there was a safe place for ALL of those children to go to school.  ugh!

I know. I hate hate hate how the public school system is set up here so that the affluent areas have these great schools to attend while the rest of us fight over the scraps just to keep our kids safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View Post

Ok, I feel like silly, but what is busk?

Street musicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

My 2 year old is in the hospital with mastoiditis. I don't know how long they'll keep her, or what is exactly going on. DH is with her, but hasn't given me much information. I'm rather unhappy with him right now on a biiiig scale. I'm stuck here at home without anyone to watch my other three until tomorrow at the earliest. 

I'm scared and upset and have no one to talk to. 

I'm praying for a swift recovery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

my grandpa died tonight. he was real sick. he had been real sick for several months and he knew he was getting worse. there was nothing they could do and he lapsed into a coma. my grandma shut off the support this evening. she couldnt stay with him, she couldnt do it. they didnt unhook him until after she left. my mom couldnt stay bc she had to take grandma home. so my son and i stayed. i stayed and held his hand until he was gone. he was ready to go. it was quick and peaceful. i will miss him. he was 88. i hope he has found his way to whatever after life he believed in. my mom was grateful someone was able to stay with him so he wasnt alone. 

I'm sorry for your loss.

Quote:

I don't know where my last post went. I know I saw it get posted.

But for those of you who didn't see it, M got fired yesterday. He has some old...issues...that come up on background checks. He gave them full disclosure before signing on to be hired, and the HR lady said as long as he's not an ax murderer, he's fine...but then they ran the check and he got fired anyway bawling.gif

We're totally devastated. He got rip-roaring drunk yesterday after it happened-- with barely 15 minutes between the firing and the liquor store! But he's trying really hard not to descend into depression and self-hatred, which he's incredibly prone to. He's so tired of this garbage. He's unhireable, it seems...and it sucks, because he is one of those people who feels worthless without work. He tries so hard. He's been paying and paying and paying for old mistakes and they just keep knocking him down brokenheart.gif Even for the lousy money, I wish he'd stayed at the old place. He hated it, but he had insurance there, at least. And no checking.

Gah. Poor guy. I hope he finds something soon.

That sucks! I hope he finds work soon!

Quote:

You're telling me? It's freaking awful. Now he's feeling awful about having to try for assistance. I said Look, FDR put that in place for a reason. It's not for want or abuse, but for need, and you have need. Remember the part of yourself that tried to give the food stamps back when you got a job, years ago? Focus on that. You are a man of integrity-- don't be ashamed to take when you are in need. You always give back smile.gif

I much rather give assistance for food to a man trying to get his life together than those banks we gave assistance to a bit back so they could kick people out of their homes.

Quote:

Good luck!

BTW, I'm looking for inspiration for creating a pregnancy/birth altar inexpensively. Ideas?

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#127 of 201 Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View PostI much rather give assistance for food to a man trying to get his life together than those banks we gave assistance to a bit back so they could kick people out of their homes.

BTW, I'm looking for inspiration for creating a pregnancy/birth altar inexpensively. Ideas?

Thanks. He really does try extra-hard. He was in a homeless shelter a long time ago and he was the only one pulling his weight with household chores, and the only one pounding the pavement looking for work. And when I say pounding, I mean it-- he doesn't give up. He wants to, a lot, but he's just that kind of guy who has to work or he feels worthless.

Pregnancy altar-- fabulous time of year to make one of those! Eggs, rabbits...go get you all that Easter stuff on sale! Lots and lots of it! Our Ostara altar for the public ritual was literally filled with bunnies, chocolate eggs, little chicks (I think the teeny fuzzy ones can be gotten at Michaels or AC Moore craft stores), some of those big Lindt chocolate rabbits covered in gold foil...if I can get M to send me back the photo of it, I will post it (I deleted my copy).

#128 of 201 Old 04-16-2012, 07:52 AM

Well, this weekend was quite...full of nastiness!  Friday night DD and I got the barfs and it continued into yesterday when we finally started to feel better and then our darling caregiver Papa said "Wow, I feel like there's a bowling ball in my stomach!" ohhhh man!!!!  We are slowly coming back to life, DD and I.  DH is out cold on the couch.  I hate when the house gets the plague!  Looking forward to opening these windows WIIIIIDE this afternoon and clearing out the ick.  

Maia!! I will be sending LOADS of good energy your way this afternoon!!! I hope, I hope, I hope!!  fingersx.gif  How is M doing?  

Mommy2Austin: hope the babe is on the mend, soon!!!  

Lots of love and joyful energy to everyone.  

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#129 of 201 Old 04-16-2012, 11:35 AM

We're home! Thank Goodness. TONS of laundry to wash and the A/C is broken, but I'm happier home and so is little bit. 

Maiasaura- I just looked at the clock and saw it was 2:30 so I sent all the energy I could muster the best I could :) I hope M can find a job soon too!

LionessMom- I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother and both of my dad's parents in a 9 month period of time. Sending lots of peaceful vibes your way.

To everyone who is struggling or sick- hugs, love, and healing all your way.

Its time to get back to work! The laundry won't wash itself if I never put it in the machine ;)

#130 of 201 Old 04-16-2012, 11:48 AM

*DP*

#131 of 201 Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 PM

Mommy2Austin-Glad that you are finally home and your LO is feeling better! Its always sooo refreshing to be home! 

Maia-Hope the showing went well! I didn't see your post until just a few minutes ago which would've been about 330 but I sent a good boost of happy likey buy buy buy vibes!

Revolting-Wow, I can't believe I typed in "I feel like silly" and didn't catch that! I honestly don't talk that way, really! Bolt.gif As for busk though, that sounds pretty cool! I love street musicians. :)

Pregnancy altar-I'd put a few things for Isis (Goddess of Mothers, Infants and Children) and Bast (Protector of pregnant women and children, plus She is supposed to be an awesome fertility goddess) to ask for Their assistance. Plus I'd put a few things up that were significant to me for pregnancy and baby. For me, that would be a card for my midwife, a certain sleeper all my kids have worn that I'd want any future kids to wear, a pic of a beautiful round belly or maybe of a perfect lil baby being born, things of that nature. 

Vydalea-Eeeek, I hope you are all feeling better now and the ick gets out and stays out!! Yuck! 

Well, we finally got our yard all cleaned up this weekend. So nice to know that now we just need to keep up with mowing and some weeding here and there. Some seeds have been planted for flowers (hoping they didn't get washed away in the downpours we had last night) and DD and I planted some sunflowers especially. Last yr DH mistook the growing plants for weeds and sprayed them with weed killer. duh.gif So sunflowers were very important to DD and I this year! We have a nice pretty herb garden, too! In addition to the sage and thyme plants we've had for a couple years, we have rosemary, basil, Thai basil (DH's fav herb, he's so excited lol), dill, mint and cilantro. Looking forward to DH's yummy cooking with them and bringing out the magic side, too!

Speaking of DH cooking, he made the BEST clam chowder this weekend. I swear, it was touched by the Gods, it was so good. I actually ate it for breakfast the next day...lunch, too. And today. 

But unfortunately, my children have been at each other constantly for the better part of a week. They are not playing well together at all. If one has a toy, they all have to have THAT ONE toy, too. Because, ya know, the mound of toys right next to them just isn't as perfectly awesome as THAT ONE. eyesroll.gif And the temper tantrums...oh lor' the tantrums. I wish there was a smiley that was pulling its hair out...!! 

Well, here is to a good week, yes?!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#132 of 201 Old 04-16-2012, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostMaia!! I will be sending LOADS of good energy your way this afternoon!!! I hope, I hope, I hope!!  fingersx.gif  How is M doing?  

Oh, ew, I hope you guys feel better soon!

Thank you for the energy! My house is SO clean! I won't probably know how the showing went till tomorrow. Oh, I so hope this is It!!!

M is hanging in there. He's up and down. He has depression anyway, so he has to work extra hard for this not to feed it. Tomorrow he has a full day planned of the job place (they call it different things in different areas, but it's like a job bank; it's free and they help you find jobs and make resumes and things like that), the unemployment office, and the food stamp office. I hope he gets those things to help him float through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View PostWe're home! Thank Goodness. TONS of laundry to wash and the A/C is broken, but I'm happier home and so is little bit. 

Maiasaura- I just looked at the clock and saw it was 2:30 so I sent all the energy I could muster the best I could :) I hope M can find a job soon too!

I hope he does, too, for his self esteem more than anything. He's trying so hard not to convince himself he'll be out on the street.

Glad you're home! It's always a relief to be home, even with all the catch-up work to be done. How's your LO doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3xMama View PostMaia-Hope the showing went well! I didn't see your post until just a few minutes ago which would've been about 330 but I sent a good boost of happy likey buy buy buy vibes!

Yes! A good week! Have your kids killed each other yet? There are times I am SO glad I only have one. The times I am NOT glad is when he needs a playmate and there's only me.

I hope the showing went well, too. The house looks gorgeous, at any rate! Thank you for the energy!

Oh, mamas....I so hope this person (persons?) makes an offer!

#133 of 201 Old 04-16-2012, 06:00 PM

I hope it works out, Maia!

I think the HR person who told M that all would be well needs to be out on his/her rear end. Not only that, but HR should make it really clear what happened. They should not hire people and then toss them out. Anyway, I hope his day goes well tomorrow!

Thank you for the energy! My house is SO clean! I won't probably know how the showing went till tomorrow. Oh, I so hope this is It!!!

M is hanging in there. He's up and down. He has depression anyway, so he has to work extra hard for this not to feed it. Tomorrow he has a full day planned of the job place (they call it different things in different areas, but it's like a job bank; it's free and they help you find jobs and make resumes and things like that), the unemployment office, and the food stamp office. I hope he gets those things to help him float through.

I hope he does, too, for his self esteem more than anything. He's trying so hard not to convince himself he'll be out on the street.

Come ponder with me about food!
#134 of 201 Old 04-17-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Well, this weekend was quite...full of nastiness!  Friday night DD and I got the barfs and it continued into yesterday when we finally started to feel better and then our darling caregiver Papa said "Wow, I feel like there's a bowling ball in my stomach!" ohhhh man!!!!  We are slowly coming back to life, DD and I.  DH is out cold on the couch.  I hate when the house gets the plague!  Looking forward to opening these windows WIIIIIDE this afternoon and clearing out the ick.  

my house had the plague.  lol. that is what i called it too. we had it twice with a 2 week lull in the middle. it was awful.

thanks everybody for the condolences. the funeral was fine, i guess.

you need to know, my grandpa wasnt my mom's biological dad. her bio dad was a bad man that i was never allowed to know. so that means all my grandma's kids were his step kids. he married their mom when the oldest was 18, the others 17, 16, 15. so they didnt spend much of their lives living with him. they had a good relationship. but to tell the truth i spent more of my life growing up with him than they did. since i was born my mom had us over there. she was the only kid who stayed in the state and actually within 30 mi of them. every holiday, every time she needed a sitter, etc. then when i was 19 and my oldest was 6 mo old, i left his father and they let me live with them. we stayed there for 2 years. moved out for a couple of years and then had to move back again for another 2 years. he taught me how to balance a checkbook, how to want better for myself, how to file taxes, why to vote, my political beliefs, and a fighting spirit. i have a lot of respect and love for him. i feel bad we hadnt been over more in the last few months, but he seemed to want to just be alone with grandma. 

so i was surprised when they asked the oldest 2 kids to talk about grandpa. the one did fine but the oldest did not. i am angry actually. he did say some facts about grandpa but didnt tell too many stories about him. he spent most of the time adding stuff about his travels and the crap his kids do. he was supposed to be remembering grandpa. he went on and on about veterans (which grandpa was) but where was all the stuff specifically about grandpa!?! what facts he did tell he only got half right. my son and i know more than he did and it irritates me bc i thought he would have done the best job. i feel like my grandpa wasnt given his due. but i cant say anytihng bc i dont want to start trouble. i wish they would have asked me to talk or i would have asked if i could talk. i dont know what to do with these feelings. why do i feel like i was the only one who really cared about him as a person? i held his hand as he passed and i wouldnt be satisfied till i saw they had him in the ground right. i had to stay to make sure it was all taken care of. i just dont know what to do about my feelings. they are eating at me. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#135 of 201 Old 04-17-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:

Well, we finally got our yard all cleaned up this weekend. So nice to know that now we just need to keep up with mowing and some weeding here and there. Some seeds have been planted for flowers (hoping they didn't get washed away in the downpours we had last night) and DD and I planted some sunflowers especially. Last yr DH mistook the growing plants for weeds and sprayed them with weed killer. duh.gif So sunflowers were very important to DD and I this year! We have a nice pretty herb garden, too! In addition to the sage and thyme plants we've had for a couple years, we have rosemary, basil, Thai basil (DH's fav herb, he's so excited lol), dill, mint and cilantro. Looking forward to DH's yummy cooking with them and bringing out the magic side, too!

Speaking of DH cooking, he made the BEST clam chowder this weekend. I swear, it was touched by the Gods, it was so good. I actually ate it for breakfast the next day...lunch, too. And today. 

But unfortunately, my children have been at each other constantly for the better part of a week. They are not playing well together at all. If one has a toy, they all have to have THAT ONE toy, too. Because, ya know, the mound of toys right next to them just isn't as perfectly awesome as THAT ONE. eyesroll.gif And the temper tantrums...oh lor' the tantrums. I wish there was a smiley that was pulling its hair out...!! 

Please send me some of your DH's clam chowder!! MY FAVORITE!!  I would have also eaten it morning, noon and night!! YUM!!  

I was planning on just throwing my herbs in with my vegetables - do you think making a separate garden for them is better?  I've been thinking about this a lot in the past 2 days and then you wrote about it...so... 

Quote:

i just dont know what to do about my feelings. they are eating at me. 

I am so sorry that you are feeling so hurt over how your grandpa's eulogy was handled.  I think that would have been very, very hard for me, also.  Would it help at all to hold your own, personal, maybe even solitary service for him?  I did one a few weeks ago and, for me, it was exactly what I needed because I got to say everything that I wanted.  It helped to bring me closure. Hugs, Mama.  BIG, BIG, HUGS. It sounds like your grandpa was amazing and you are very lucky to have had him and he you.  

Maia, I'm not going to lie, I checked in like 6 times just to see if there was any news about your house.  haha!!  Still sending YES energy your way!!! 

Glad to hear that M is hanging in there.  Hopefully the job place will help settle his nerves a little.  I think witchy is right, there needs to be a consequence for the person that led M to believe he was in the clear - especially enough so that he left one job to take one.  

DH is back to work today.  The windows are wide open, candles are burning and I've lysoled the crap out of this place.  Like you were saying last month, 3x, I'm not one to have chemicals around but after the plague hits this joint we make exceptions.  I can't imagine having more than one child when everyone is sick around here.  Blessing to all of you who balance that!  

I had to get OUT of the HOUSE today so first thing Z and I went to get the last of our seed starting supplies!!  Hooray!!  

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#136 of 201 Old 04-17-2012, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View PostI hope it works out, Maia!

I think the HR person who told M that all would be well needs to be out on his/her rear end. Not only that, but HR should make it really clear what happened. They should not hire people and then toss them out. Anyway, I hope his day goes well tomorrow!

I hope so, too, witchy! Here is the email from my realtor:

"Heard back this morning from the agent that showed your house yesterday. His client still has a lot of interest after seeing it, and only had one question about the stain above the shower stall. I told him it had been fixed, but the tile was just never replaced or re-painted. I said they could look at it during an inspection if they wanted to. Throw ALL of your good energy out there! I hope this pans out for you....I'll keep you posted if I hear anything more."

Oh, mamas....please keep the energy up for me!

M says to tell you "thank you" :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Posti just dont know what to do about my feelings. they are eating at me. 

Oh, Lioness, hugs. I don't have any answers but I just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. Maybe write your grandpa a letter? And burn it in ritual?

#137 of 201 Old 04-17-2012, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostMaia, I'm not going to lie, I checked in like 6 times just to see if there was any news about your house.  haha!!  Still sending YES energy your way!!! 

Glad to hear that M is hanging in there.  Hopefully the job place will help settle his nerves a little.  I think witchy is right, there needs to be a consequence for the person that led M to believe he was in the clear - especially enough so that he left one job to take one.  

I guess we cross posted :)

See above for my realtor's email this morning. Keep sending energy, YES, thank you!!

I agree with both of you about that HR woman, but I think M is trying not to think about it anymore. He's moving on, or trying to.

#138 of 201 Old 04-17-2012, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thinking good thoughts for you and M, Maia.

#139 of 201 Old 04-17-2012, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

Thinking good thoughts for you and M, Maia.

Aww, thanks!

Something's wrong with the smiley thing. I can't get any of them to work :(

I haven't heard back from the realtor yet. I am hoping against hope that this person makes an offer!

#140 of 201 Old 04-17-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:

Yes! A good week! Have your kids killed each other yet? There are times I am SO glad I only have one. The times I am NOT glad is when he needs a playmate and there's only me.

I hope the showing went well, too. The house looks gorgeous, at any rate! Thank you for the energy!

Sending M lots of good job energy! He definitely deserves it! 

HA! No, my kids have not killed each other, though I'm not sure its for lack of trying. I tried to stem some of it today and ran errands ALL day. Helped a little while we were actually at stores, but hanging out with BaBa (DS1's name for my dad, its his pronunciation of Grandpa, lol) didn't fully curb the boys bickering. After DD got home from school we went to the library which was stupid on my part. Three rambunctious, bickering kids and one fried mama in a place where you are supposed to be quiet?? Uh, no. But we came home, ate a frozen pizza, they watched some TV and then ran around outside and I only had to intervene a handful of times. So it was better this evening. And now they are in bed (early but whatever) so I'm a somewhat calmer person. Somewhat. Just gotta figure out a better way to work with them. Why is it that some parents seem to have it down to a science and have these cherubs and some (like myself) run around with their hair falling out, screaming at their imp children?! Ugh! 

Oh, and there are times where I am the only playmate they want, too. Its frustrating!

Quote:
i just dont know what to do about my feelings. they are eating at me. 

I'm sorry the funeral was angering. I like vydalea's idea of holding your own service, on your own or with your family. Maybe just have a small fire and throw your eulogy written out on it and let the smoke carry it to him in the afterlife. I know it is a long time from now, but Samhain may be a good time to do a followup service. *hugs* I'd be pretty upset, too, in your situation. 

Quote:

Please send me some of your DH's clam chowder!! MY FAVORITE!!  I would have also eaten it morning, noon and night!! YUM!!  

I was planning on just throwing my herbs in with my vegetables - do you think making a separate garden for them is better?  I've been thinking about this a lot in the past 2 days and then you wrote about it...so... 

DH is back to work today.  The windows are wide open, candles are burning and I've lysoled the crap out of this place.  Like you were saying last month, 3x, I'm not one to have chemicals around but after the plague hits this joint we make exceptions.  I can't imagine having more than one child when everyone is sick around here.  Blessing to all of you who balance that!  

I had to get OUT of the HOUSE today so first thing Z and I went to get the last of our seed starting supplies!!  Hooray!!  

If there was any left, I would send you some! I will have him write out his recipe, though, and pass it along. ;)

I have no idea if a separate garden is better for herbs or not. All I have is the herb garden, no veggies. I'd figure though that as long as there is plenty of room for them to grow, you'd be ok. Many of the herbs are perennials, though, so keep that in mind when planning your garden layout. Yay for seed supplies! Its always nice to get out and dig around in Mother Earth. :)

So glad everyone is feeling better!! The plague is awful! Lysol it up, mama! Putting a half of an onion in every room for three days then burying them is a good (and magical) way to get rid of some yuck, too. Worked wonders for us several months back when all five of us kept cycling through illnesses. 

Quote:

Aww, thanks!

Something's wrong with the smiley thing. I can't get any of them to work :(

I haven't heard back from the realtor yet. I am hoping against hope that this person makes an offer!

Oh, sounds like an awesome bite!! Sell sell sell!!!!

The smileys about made my poor muddled brain explode this morning. I was trying to kill a little time before leaving to run errands and wanted to catch up on here. I had to start over three times because I'd want to add a smiley and it would freeze mothering.com. The fourth time I messed up I swore a lot and left early. LOL! I made very very sure not to even go near the smiley button this go around!!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#141 of 201 Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 AM

THE DANG SMILEY THINGY IS MESSED UP AGAIN THIS MORNING!! how am I supposed to get my message across without cute emoticons?? hahaha.  I guess I'll just have to use *archaic* WORDS. heeheehee.

Quote:

"Heard back this morning from the agent that showed your house yesterday. His client still has a lot of interest after seeing it, and only had one question about the stain above the shower stall. I told him it had been fixed, but the tile was just never replaced or re-painted. I said they could look at it during an inspection if they wanted to. Throw ALL of your good energy out there! I hope this pans out for you....I'll keep you posted if I hear anything more."

ohhhhhhh, crossed fingers, toes, eyes, legs, arms and anything else I can manage to cross!!!!  happy, positive, sell, sell, sell, YES YES YES energy!!! gah!!!

Quote:
Why is it that some parents seem to have it down to a science and have these cherubs and some (like myself) run around with their hair falling out, screaming at their imp children?! Ugh! 

They don't - you just catch them in the cherubic moment.  Either that or they have scared them into submission OR they are aliens.  Probably the last one.

How's your dad feeling?  And, yes, I would LOVE the recipe for the clam chowder!  

Last night I had a crazy dream that dredged up baaaaad situations from, like, 14 years ago.  Now I'm spending so much mental time trying to remind myself I'm not that person anymore, I can't change the past, yadda yadda.  Wish I had a brain eraser sometimes, though I know everything we go through makes us who we are - it would be nicer to just remember shadows and not vivid moments.  blech.  

#142 of 201 Old 04-18-2012, 09:54 AM

I tried to use a smiley and instead my computer ate my post, so sorry for anyone I forget.

Big hugs to Lioness!

I hear you on sibling fighting, 3X. We've had a spell lately of decreased fighting, but I know its only a lull.

HAs anyone started thinking about Beltane yet? It's only in two weeks.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#143 of 201 Old 04-18-2012, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View PostWhy is it that some parents seem to have it down to a science and have these cherubs and some (like myself) run around with their hair falling out, screaming at their imp children?! Ugh!

I don't know...sigh. I have always been "That Mom" who had to leave the playground because of my son's outrageous behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostTHE DANG SMILEY THINGY IS MESSED UP AGAIN THIS MORNING!! how am I supposed to get my message across without cute emoticons?? hahaha.  I guess I'll just have to use *archaic* WORDS. heeheehee.

ohhhhhhh, crossed fingers, toes, eyes, legs, arms and anything else I can manage to cross!!!!  happy, positive, sell, sell, sell, YES YES YES energy!!! gah!!!

Thank you all for the house selling vibes! My realtor said she hasn't heard back yet, but she is going to call again later today. OMG I am so ready for a SALE!!!

Smiley thing-- took me awhile to figure it out, but the ESC button will take you back to pre-trying-to-get-smileys page, without losing material.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revolting View PostHAs anyone started thinking about Beltane yet? It's only in two weeks.

The public ritual is the day after ds gets back from his week-long school camping trip. I am excited! I was supposed to visit M during that week, but he was working at the time we decided NOT to get tix to visit, and now he's unemployed and I could have five whole days with him, and I already told people I'm not going. Gah. Well-- I'm supposed to go up Memorial Day weekend, but I am not going to get tix until I hear from the realtor. No sense in getting visiting tix when I expect to be living there!

But wait-- I can still get tix. I can go apartment-hunting then!

See how I am all expectant that this will pan out? Ye Gods, I am so ready. Sell, house, sell!

#144 of 201 Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:

They don't - you just catch them in the cherubic moment.  Either that or they have scared them into submission OR they are aliens.  Probably the last one.

How's your dad feeling?  And, yes, I would LOVE the recipe for the clam chowder!  

Last night I had a crazy dream that dredged up baaaaad situations from, like, 14 years ago.  Now I'm spending so much mental time trying to remind myself I'm not that person anymore, I can't change the past, yadda yadda.  Wish I had a brain eraser sometimes, though I know everything we go through makes us who we are - it would be nicer to just remember shadows and not vivid moments.  blech.  

I try to remember that I *do* only catch them in cherubic mode. I just read through parenting philosophy sometimes and all the positive good stuff that comes from these parenting philosophy and wonder why it doesn't seem to work out so perfectly for me??! And then I try to remember that they are only showing the good results for a reason and that there are still times when those parents want to pull their hair out, too!

My dad is doing well, thanks! He had his six week follow up today but I've not talked to him. Hopefully he will be able to start transitioning from a walker to a cane and be able to put more than 1/3 of his body weight on it. That would be awesome!

I will have DH write out the recipe in the next few days. He works doubles today and tomorrow so it will probably be Friday before I get it to you. :)

*hugs* Sorry about your dream. I think there are things we would all like to forget. Those are super hard to accept and let go. :/

Quote:

I don't know...sigh. I have always been "That Mom" who had to leave the playground because of my son's outrageous behavior.

The public ritual is the day after ds gets back from his week-long school camping trip. I am excited! I was supposed to visit M during that week, but he was working at the time we decided NOT to get tix to visit, and now he's unemployed and I could have five whole days with him, and I already told people I'm not going. Gah. Well-- I'm supposed to go up Memorial Day weekend, but I am not going to get tix until I hear from the realtor. No sense in getting visiting tix when I expect to be living there!

See how I am all expectant that this will pan out? Ye Gods, I am so ready. Sell, house, sell!

*hugs* I've had to leave my fair share of places, too. I think its just kids in general. 

Sell sell sell!!

Beltane...wow I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm sure it will be one Pagan holiday DH will be very willing to get involved in, though!!

#145 of 201 Old 04-19-2012, 06:23 AM

maia- yay for good feelings about selling your house. i hope it goes well for you!

Quote:

exactly. sometimes my kids are perfectly well behaved. that is when i take the pics of them. lol. the rest of the time they are crazy all over the place hellions. 

thanks everybody about the ideas about how i was feeling. i am working them out and will use some of your ideas to help. i am going to go see my grandma tomorrow to see how she is doing. my aunt has been staying with her but has to leave for home on sun. my mom works during the day, but summer is coming up and i will be able to go over during the day. but i will have a new baby first of july and so i will need recovery time. my DS will have his license back by then so i will have him drive over by himself sometimes to help her. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#146 of 201 Old 04-19-2012, 07:55 AM

thumbsup.gif <---- smilies are back!!  THANK GOD/DESS!!!  

3x: Awesome news about your dad!  yahoo!  

Thanks for the notes on the herb garden, who knows what I will do, though I guess I should decide soon.  I feel like anything that is perennial can't live in our garden because DH is a rototilling maniac - haha.  The second the earth is unfrozen he's out there turning the earth.  I love him for it, of course, but perennials will not survive.  I'll have to think about this more.  It's like I had grand ideas and now that it's time to implement everything is changing.  That's life, though!  Got our potatoes in the mail this weekend!!  Wahoo!!  It's my first year growing them.  

LionessMom: more hugs for you...and your grandma, too!  Once I heard something along the lines "things don't get better, they get different" so I hope that your family finds peace during this transition.  hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

HAs anyone started thinking about Beltane yet? It's only in two weeks.

revolting: waaaaait a minute... I am totally late for the party - how did I miss that you are expecting!?  I just realized it from your signature!!  CONGRATS, mama!!  joy.gif  Hooray for babies!!  

Funny, I was just thinking about Beltane yesterday before I came on and saw your post.  Mostly my thought was "that's coming up, I should plan something..." and then the thought went away.  I'd love to make a MayPole with Z.  I remember my kindergarten teacher making May Day baskets with us and telling us that we had to hang them on someone's doorknob, ring the doorbell and run away.  Hmm... What is everyone else doing?  I need some ideas to *borrow!!* ha. 

Quote:

Oh, Maia!!!!! I hope you are going apartment hunting SSOOOOONNN!!!!!!!!!!!  goodvibes.gif

Z and I just got back from a good ol' errand trip.  It was *awesome* because it was a trip to AC Moore where they were having excellent sales on ribbon.  The old owners of this house left this garden-arch-trellis which I have decided to cover in ribbons for an outdoor altar area.  It's in a cozy little spot, tucked beneath these excellent old pines and the Norwegian maple.  It was fun forr Z to help pick out the ribbon colors.  pink, yellow, orange, blue, green and one that has rainbows and clouds all over it.  So I hope I can work this out.   I love little projects.  I have about 6 of them for the backyard this summer. 

I also bought a new pillow since Z puked on mine this weekend and I was due for a new one anyway.  I love new pillows!!!!  

#147 of 201 Old 04-19-2012, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View Post*hugs* I've had to leave my fair share of places, too. I think its just kids in general. 

No, it's not...all my mama friends who were friends with me back then remember my son on playgrounds. They all still don't get why my child acted like he did. I called all the other kids "velcro kids" because they all stuck to their moms. All those moms got to hang around the sand box and talk. I had to shadow my son or he'd have killed himself running into the road, or walking off the fireman's pole 6 feet off the ground.

None of my other friends' kids attacked their best friend from behind on their birthday.

Thankfully he has pretty much grown out of that kind of thing. Mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostOh, Maia!!!!! I hope you are going apartment hunting SSOOOOONNN!!!!!!!!!!!  goodvibes.gif

Damn, mamas...the person decided not to offer bawling.gif

But the realtor who showed it is going to bring other people by because he thinks it's an awesome house, so I'm still hopeful. I'm really more dejected than I thought I'd be, though.

#148 of 201 Old 04-20-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:

thumbsup.gif <---- smilies are back!!  THANK GOD/DESS!!!  

3x: Awesome news about your dad!  yahoo!  

Thanks for the notes on the herb garden, who knows what I will do, though I guess I should decide soon.  I feel like anything that is perennial can't live in our garden because DH is a rototilling maniac - haha.  The second the earth is unfrozen he's out there turning the earth.  I love him for it, of course, but perennials will not survive.  I'll have to think about this more.  It's like I had grand ideas and now that it's time to implement everything is changing.  That's life, though!  Got our potatoes in the mail this weekend!!  Wahoo!!  It's my first year growing them.  

Z and I just got back from a good ol' errand trip.  It was *awesome* because it was a trip to AC Moore where they were having excellent sales on ribbon.  The old owners of this house left this garden-arch-trellis which I have decided to cover in ribbons for an outdoor altar area.  It's in a cozy little spot, tucked beneath these excellent old pines and the Norwegian maple.  It was fun forr Z to help pick out the ribbon colors.  pink, yellow, orange, blue, green and one that has rainbows and clouds all over it.  So I hope I can work this out.   I love little projects.  I have about 6 of them for the backyard this summer. 

I also bought a new pillow since Z puked on mine this weekend and I was due for a new one anyway.  I love new pillows!!!!  

Thanks! And a further update on my dad: He can put weight on his right leg now but it is so weak from not being used that he can't walk without the walker yet. So another several weeks of walker use and then he will slowly start to transition to the cane. But all the hardware looks good and he's feeling pretty good! Still having muscle pain but nothing like what he was having before the surgery. Yay! I'm so happy for him that its coming through. 

Maybe sectioning off an area of the garden for herbs would work for you. That way you still only have one garden but your hubby knows his boundaries and doesn't till it all up next spring!

Ohh, your outdoor altar sounds amazing! We have a lovely oak in our backyard that just begging for something. We live in a cookie cutter neighborhood though so I don't want it to be too showy and nothing has really presented itself. I like what you are doing though! A little retreat like that will be awesome!

Mmm, new pillows are amazing. 

Quote:

Damn, mamas...the person decided not to offer bawling.gif

But the realtor who showed it is going to bring other people by because he thinks it's an awesome house, so I'm still hopeful. I'm really more dejected than I thought I'd be, though.

hug2.gifhug2.gif Damn. Hopefully soon. Does your realtor have any idea why its taking so long to sell? Any tips or tricks? Maybe its time for a new realtor...

Revolting--I totally missed that you were pregnant!! I figured you were asking about pregnancy altars because you were TTC! Congratulations, mama!! 

Well, we've had several interesting days between DH and I. I really don't want to talk about it, at all with anyone, but some positive energy would be nice. To clarify, DH and I aren't arguing, its just life being...well....life....So far April has not at all been what I've been hoping for. Is life always this way? Where it seems like storm clouds gather monthly and you never get ahead? I keep thinking that if we just had some more money, if just a few more years when we have money, but will that actually help or will it just be other things then? And if it is other things, how does one get to the point of being able to roll with it and not constantly be completely stressed out?? Gah, enough deep thinking! Need to get on with cleaning, I've ignored it for too many days! 

Have a great day!!

#149 of 201 Old 04-20-2012, 07:43 AM

Rah!  greensad.gif How very disappointing that the prospective buyers didn't snap up the house, Maia.  It's great that the realtor that showed the house thinks it's awesome!  Some new blood!  What a let down, though.  Real Estate is such an emotional rollercoaster.  hug2.gif

The outdoor altar is looking interesting.  I got the ribbons on it and the plan today is to add some bells up the side where there are diamond shaped holes.  It will shape itself up slowly. 

*HUGS* and loving, positive energy, 3x. 

dust.gif

I guess if money is the true root of the problem then when you have more it will help.  I feel like I have spent a lot of time in the past year (okay, lifetime!) trying to see the root of the anger and guilt that I feel sometimes (not that you're angry, just in my situation) and instead of trying to use mantras to ignore it (since it always comes back) I'm trying to examine the shadows and deal with the darkness and find mantras that help me shed light on that.  If that makes sense.  ?  That may have nothing to do with whatever you're experiencing. 

I'm in a cleaning mode this morning, too.  Scrubbed the hell out of my tea kettle.  THAT FELT GOOD!!  haha.

#150 of 201 Old 04-20-2012, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View Posthug2.gifhug2.gif Damn. Hopefully soon. Does your realtor have any idea why its taking so long to sell? Any tips or tricks? Maybe its time for a new realtor...

Revolting--I totally missed that you were pregnant!! I figured you were asking about pregnancy altars because you were TTC! Congratulations, mama!! 

Well, we've had several interesting days between DH and I. I really don't want to talk about it, at all with anyone, but some positive energy would be nice. To clarify, DH and I aren't arguing, its just life being...well....life....So far April has not at all been what I've been hoping for. Is life always this way? Where it seems like storm clouds gather monthly and you never get ahead? I keep thinking that if we just had some more money, if just a few more years when we have money, but will that actually help or will it just be other things then? And if it is other things, how does one get to the point of being able to roll with it and not constantly be completely stressed out?? Gah, enough deep thinking! Need to get on with cleaning, I've ignored it for too many days! 

No, she's really working her tookas off for me...SHE isn't supposed to be showing it. OTHER people are. She's my realtor, as a seller's agent, and she has been contacting buyer's agents, and she told me how she's been individually calling them because she knows how overwhelmed with emails they get, so she's trying to get noticed and not lost in the fray. It's the buyer's agents...I don't get it, either. This house would be perfect for an investor-- my mortgage is under $700/mo and I paid $140K for it. It's selling for $4K less, so you know the mortgage will be less, and one could easily get $900 in rent for it.

Sorry about your relationship! goodvibes.gifI hope things look up for you both.

revolting-- congrats!

M's interview went fine, but they aren't going to start anyone for 2 more weeks, so he is going to keep sending resumes. He found out that his rights really were violated according to state law, but he just wants to put that place behind him, so he's not going to pursue anything against them. His spirits are pretty good in general thumb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page