Forum Jump: 

#181 of 201 Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

Got this link in my inbox: Secret Revealed from Learning Herbs 

I've seen other people linking to that. Have you tried it? What is it?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#182 of 201 Old 04-26-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View Post

Six to ten weeks, dang! I was just looking through birth photos on a photographers website and thinking I'd love to have another labor and birth experience. Course, I don't want anymore kids, so that hampers things some. orngtongue.gif Have to say, I'm a little jealous!

I have a book called Celebrating the Great Mother by Cait Johnson and Maura D. Shaw. Its got a whole bunch of activities and a few rituals for parents and kids to do together. Its simply Pagan, like Lioness talked about, not Wicca/Heathen etc specific. Lots of good family ideas and its been a good starting place for me to work out things to do on my own. There are two parts, part one is on raising a child in an Earth centered religion and the second focuses on the Festivals of the Year. I'm a huge huge fan of this book! thumb.gif

Well, my dad started physical therapy yesterday. Its definitely a step on the right direction for him. I will be glad when he can drive himself, though! I'm going to be sooo behind on housework and cooking by the time that happens, though. Not to mention naps get totally disrupted and the boys turn into little noisy terrors. Bolt.gif

Right?  It's like everywhere I turn everyone is preggo.  I wish I could go on a tour just baby holding and snuggling!!  As you know I also don't want anymore babies - but I loved being pregnant...

I also love that book.  It's super basic but that really works for !  We have one today.  I'm not going to lie, I am so thankful for Netflix right now. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfulmama View Post

I've been following this thread for awhile but haven't yet jumped in. But! I wanted to say I love the idea of dandelion infused massage oil. I've been looking for different things to do with some of the dandelions and leaves in our yard (until the fall when I dig up some roots) and this sounds perfect. Thanks for the great idea. :)

Welcome, willfulmama!! wave.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

Posting this here instead of fb because the guy I'm talking about is going to be my 'friend' on there:

I was chatting with a guy at the mall.  We were chatting about special needs kids/autism.  I noticed his puzzle piece bracelet and commented on it.  His nephew has autism.

Anyway, we had been chatting awhile before that point but it wasn't until I saw that bracelet and really looked into his eyes that I realized he was HOT.  ROTFLMAO.gif  Young and hot.

(Is the heat on in here?)  I didn't feel shy though... because, well, I'm pretty sure he's not into girls.  Ah well, I can still appreciate how easy on the eyes he is, right?  Sheepish.gif

TBH, it's been a LONG time since I've really noticed any guy's looks.  I'm so not in the 'mode' anymore.  Haven't been for years.  I should probably change that.  I seriously don't want to be alone for the rest of my life.  Plus, I want ds to have a positive, loving role model in his life.

Zang, mama!  Maybe your new friend flipped the switch on for ya! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

The kids and I gathered dandelion heads in the park. We filled a jar with about equal olive oil (but you can use many different types of oil) and dandelion heads. I've steep or whatever you call it for about five weeks. On May Day, I'll strain it. I've heard you can use the strained dandelion for a poultice, but I don't know how or for what.

I've heard those looms called fairy looms. My eldest and I made that last summer, but it would make a fun May Day project!

Thanks for the instructions.  Glad to know it's so easy.  I'm totally in to easy projects.  Yes, a fairy loom!!

Hope today is treating everyone well. 

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#183 of 201 Old 04-26-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfulmama View Post

I've been following this thread for awhile but haven't yet jumped in. But! I wanted to say I love the idea of dandelion infused massage oil. I've been looking for different things to do with some of the dandelions and leaves in our yard (until the fall when I dig up some roots) and this sounds perfect. Thanks for the great idea. :)

Hi and many welcomes!!!

Quote:

Posting this here instead of fb because the guy I'm talking about is going to be my 'friend' on there:

I was chatting with a guy at the mall.  We were chatting about special needs kids/autism.  I noticed his puzzle piece bracelet and commented on it.  His nephew has autism.

Anyway, we had been chatting awhile before that point but it wasn't until I saw that bracelet and really looked into his eyes that I realized he was HOT.  ROTFLMAO.gif  Young and hot.

(Is the heat on in here?)  I didn't feel shy though... because, well, I'm pretty sure he's not into girls.  Ah well, I can still appreciate how easy on the eyes he is, right?  Sheepish.gif

TBH, it's been a LONG time since I've really noticed any guy's looks.  I'm so not in the 'mode' anymore.  Haven't been for years.  I should probably change that.  I seriously don't want to be alone for the rest of my life.  Plus, I want ds to have a positive, loving role model in his life.

Ohhh, fun! I rarely find myself looking at men, either, although sometimes when DH dresses just right...But I barely even notice how delectable Johnny Depp is anymore! yikes2.gif Hopefully like Vydalea said, this restarts things for ya! winky.gif

Quote:

I've heard those looms called fairy looms. My eldest and I made that last summer, but it would make a fun May Day project!

I miss living in an apartment where I could hang laundry!

Too bad about your herbs. Basil is definitely the most persnickety herb most people grow. Good things the seeds are cheap, and it grows fast!

I really like the fairy loom idea. I think that's something DD would love to do. We made a fairy house last year (not for Beltane, it was in July or some random time I came across the idea) and she loved doing it. She still asks about fairies all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if she is pulled to a fairy tradition if she keeps practicing Paganism as she grows--which, of course, I hope she does!

Hanging laundry is one of my favorite things ever! Its so fresh smelling and comfy and a great way to get some air and sun...Ahh, its just the best. 

I've rarely had a problem with the basil before and if those darn boys would just stay out of my herbs I think things would be much better. DS1 just smashed the rest of basil into the ground so I'm def going to have to replace it. Displeased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

Got this link in my inbox: Secret Revealed from Learning Herbs 

Hmm, looks interesting, I'll have to delve further in when I've got more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

i cant for the life of me remember the name of the book. i know that it was a something goddess. like ancient goddess something. honestly, i just started going through the history and sociology section of the library.

I will try doing that. I've come across a lot of books I've loved by just pouring through sections. My library is part of the whole county's library system, though. Which is great, if you know what you are looking for because it's got just about everything at some location. But the physical building closest to me has a pretty small selection, so I to find what I want I have to know an author or title and search for it online. So its great and terrible at the same time. Makes finding a good fiction book HARD. BTW-That's not me saying figure out the title, woman!! That's me complaining about my library and nothing more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Right?  It's like everywhere I turn everyone is preggo.  I wish I could go on a tour just baby holding and snuggling!!  As you know I also don't want anymore babies - but I loved being pregnant...

I also love that book.  It's super basic but that really works for !  We have one today.  I'm not going to lie, I am so thankful for Netflix right now. 

Thanks for the instructions.  Glad to know it's so easy.  I'm totally in to easy projects.

I know it, I see pregnant moms everywhere and I am so envious of them! Hmm, a baby holding tour...I bet my midwife could tell me of a few moms who would love for a someone to hold their newborn so they could shower. Might have to look into that. thumb.gif

There are days I love Netflix. I try really hard to limit that but sometimes its the only thing that keeps DH and I sane...

Easy projects are the only ones I even try for! I think we are going to do fairy looms or Goodess Garden Dolls from the book for Beltane, maybe both, although that's a lot of crafting. And I want to do the dandelion massage oil--I think I'm just going to infuse some dried dandelion leaves I have into coconut oil via a double boiler for a 30 mins or so, though. I don't trust that there won't be pesticides and things on public property. Then at the end of the day, I'll massage the kids and encourage them to massage each other and us right before bed. Then I'm hoping DH and I will use the oil for adult massages, if you get my drift. winky.gif What day are you all doing Beltane? Its on a Tuesday so I'm thinking the next Saturday, though DH and I will have our own private celebration on May Day. 

Tomorrow is DD's birthday! She's going to be six! Goodness, I just can't believe it! She's reading and writing now, doing basic math and just all around blossoming into a little person. Not that babies and younger children aren't little people, just that her personality is starting to blossom, kwim?? I hope so, because I can't think of any other way to put it, lol! Anyway, six years ago *right now* I was in the early stages of induction. Insane.

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#184 of 201 Old 04-27-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:

Ohhh, fun! I rarely find myself looking at men, either, although sometimes when DH dresses just right...But I barely even notice how delectable Johnny Depp is anymore! yikes2.gif Hopefully like Vydalea said, this restarts things for ya! winky.gif

I'm a single mom so no dh to look at here.  I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have promised myself no dating/no sex.  Or, at the very least, I should have concentrated on losing a ton of weight during my 'dry' time so that when I'm ready (now?), I'd actually look presentable.  

I'm short and super fat at this point.  Even I can't stand how I look.  I try to lose weight but either illness or pain (arthritis) has kept me from exercising.  So frustrating!!

Ok, enough ranting.  LOL.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#185 of 201 Old 04-27-2012, 08:00 AM

Popping in real quick to say: 3x Your park district may very well have a policy posted about whether they use pesticide. I know that our park district abandoned the practice years ago, so I felt comfortable using dandelions from public parks

DoK: I know you want to lose weight, but in the meantime have you thought about going to a nice plus-size boutique and getting a few pieces you love? As much as I'd love to be skinny and am trying to live healthy, in the meantime, I've found that my partner finds me a LOT more attractive when I like how I look, even if it's a bit heavier than what I'd like.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#186 of 201 Old 04-27-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:

DoK: I know you want to lose weight, but in the meantime have you thought about going to a nice plus-size boutique and getting a few pieces you love? As much as I'd love to be skinny and am trying to live healthy, in the meantime, I've found that my partner finds me a LOT more attractive when I like how I look, even if it's a bit heavier than what I'd like.

Sadly, I can't afford to buy myself clothes.  :-(

#187 of 201 Old 04-27-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

i cant for the life of me remember the name of the book. i know that it was a something goddess. like ancient goddess something. honestly, i just started going through the history and sociology section of the library.

I will try doing that. I've come across a lot of books I've loved by just pouring through sections. My library is part of the whole county's library system, though. Which is great, if you know what you are looking for because it's got just about everything at some location. But the physical building closest to me has a pretty small selection, so I to find what I want I have to know an author or title and search for it online. So its great and terrible at the same time. Makes finding a good fiction book HARD. BTW-That's not me saying figure out the title, woman!! That's me complaining about my library and nothing more!!

lol. i couldnt remember the name anyway. i read it years ago. i found it when i was looking for answers. it might be worth a trip to a bigger library. i will do that sometimes if i feel like i need something more than what i am finding at my local one.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#188 of 201 Old 04-27-2012, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View PostAs much as I'd love to be skinny and am trying to live healthy, in the meantime, I've found that my partner finds me a LOT more attractive when I like how I look, even if it's a bit heavier than what I'd like.

That's called "fake it till you make it" smile.gif When I was 30-odd pounds heavier, and even 20lb above that, I didn't like what I looked like at all, but I tried to pretend I did, and accept myself as I was, and wear flattering things as best I could. Nobody knew I was unhappy with myself. A guy took me out for coffee and cake for one of my sobriety anniversaries, and said something to me (the nerve, srsly!) about losing weight, and I said, outwardly-happily, "I'm not trying to lose weight! What makes you think I am trying to lose weight?" and changed the subject. I did think about it for weeks, and I was very upset, really, that someone would assume because I was fat that I'd WANT to lose weight, but I kept it to myself. And hopefully made him think, that not all fat people are unhappy that way.

I still would like to take off about 30 more pounds, and I don't like how I look a lot of the time, and I'm terrified of gaining any back, but I don't think anyone can tell it from my attitude when I'm around people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Postlol. i couldnt remember the name anyway. i read it years ago. i found it when i was looking for answers. it might be worth a trip to a bigger library. i will do that sometimes if i feel like i need something more than what i am finding at my local one.

I found a book recently, that I'd read as a child, just by googling the one phrase in the book that I could remember. Didn't know the title or the author or anything else but that one phrase, and I still found it!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#189 of 201 Old 04-27-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:

I really like the fairy loom idea. I think that's something DD would love to do. We made a fairy house last year (not for Beltane, it was in July or some random time I came across the idea) and she loved doing it. She still asks about fairies all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if she is pulled to a fairy tradition if she keeps practicing Paganism as she grows--which, of course, I hope she does!

Tomorrow is DD's birthday! She's going to be six! Goodness, I just can't believe it! She's reading and writing now, doing basic math and just all around blossoming into a little person. Not that babies and younger children aren't little people, just that her personality is starting to blossom, kwim?? I hope so, because I can't think of any other way to put it, lol! Anyway, six years ago *right now* I was in the early stages of induction. Insane.

Here's a link to the page where I found the fairy loom: http://paintcutpaste.com/fairy-looms/  I'm excited!!

We'll probably celebrate on Tuesday afternoon and evening.  Z is staying over with grandparents this Saturday night so DH and I will be celebrating then.  winky.gif  

Happy Birthday to your DD!  SIX!  Though Z is only (almost) 2 I've been around enough kids to know that six seems to start off a new stage of being, like you said.  Lots of birthday joy to her!   

Quote:

I'm short and super fat at this point.  Even I can't stand how I look.  I try to lose weight but either illness or pain (arthritis) has kept me from exercising.  So frustrating!!

Ok, enough ranting.  LOL.

Luckily, there are men with lots of different tastes!  Even men who like women for who they are!  I think it's easy to forget with all the media messages we are inundated with!! 

Quote:

Maybe you could even find a piece or 2 at a thrift store that you feel comfortable in!  I have found lots of good stuff at our 2 local places.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

That's called "fake it till you make it" smile.gif When I was 30-odd pounds heavier, and even 20lb above that, I didn't like what I looked like at all, but I tried to pretend I did, and accept myself as I was, and wear flattering things as best I could. Nobody knew I was unhappy with myself. 

My mantra in life is fake it till you make it!  FOR REAL!  I'm faking knowing what the hell I'm doing with motherhood as we speak!  hahaha.  

Mamas, I CLEANED MY SHOWER/TUB TODAY!!  joy.gif I feel like every time I clean it, I should receive a special medal since it's my least favorite chore ever.  E V E R.  I'm such a baby...I would rather scrub the toilets daily with a toothbrush.  Rewarding myself with a long lavendar infused bath tonite! It's been a weird week and I am looking forward to a nice soak. IN MY DAMN CLEAN TUB!  wahoo!  

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#190 of 201 Old 04-27-2012, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostLuckily, there are men with lots of different tastes!  Even men who like women for who they are!  I think it's easy to forget with all the media messages we are inundated with!! 

Maybe you could even find a piece or 2 at a thrift store that you feel comfortable in!  I have found lots of good stuff at our 2 local places.  

YES!!! I can't believe it either. I remember years ago, when the Sir Mix-A-Lot song about big butts came out. Holy moly, we had cable and it came on MTV and I was in the bathroom getting ready for work or something. I heard that and I had to come right out and sit down on the couch to watch it. I was stunned. I had never heard of such a thing. My butt is big and round and I have always hated it. My hair is medium length and I am very short, and I always thought that from the back I looked like hair, butt, short legs, and that's all.
HATE my butt. Well-- not since M. He actually likes bigger women, AND big butts-- can you imagine? I'd heard there were men like that, but had never met one. And now I have one! He has done so much for my self-esteem. And now I look at all those skinny women in the media and I don't think they are attractive anymore. At all.

Thrift stores-- LOVE them. I wouldn't shop at a new store anyway. Too wasteful. I am way about recycling and reusing. I have had new clothing, but not often (in my adulthood).

YAY for clean tubs! I would gladly clean your tub if you do my floors! I HATE floors. Hate them. And they are so easy and take so little time and I know this. Yet I have compost in the corners of my kitchen all.the.time bag.gif and I hate vacuuming, too. Dunno why.

#191 of 201 Old 04-27-2012, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, this http://www.knowitall.org/naturalstate/Graphics/Weaving/pix-weave.jpg is sort of what I thought you meant for natural looms. Though the fairy ones are cool, too!

I can't find a pic of the kind we did years ago. Basically it was a couple of sticks, parallel horizontally, with string vertically, up and down and up and down all the way across. Then you use the string to weave natural things in and out of, horizontally. It looked really cool with cotton bits, dandelion fluff, pine cones, grasses...all sorts of things.

#192 of 201 Old 04-28-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Luckily, there are men with lots of different tastes!  Even men who like women for who they are!  I think it's easy to forget with all the media messages we are inundated with!! 

Maybe you could even find a piece or 2 at a thrift store that you feel comfortable in!  

In my area, there aren't many men who are like that.  I know one man who prefers heavy women but I don't someone with a fetish.  (what happens when I lose weight?)

Unfortunately, I can't buy second hand clothes unless I absolutely know that it comes from a house that doesn't have cats and wasn't stored in a damp place (severe allergies to cats and mildew/mold, as well as cig smoke.)  

If I get some spare cash, I'll check out Nordstrom Rack.  It's the only place that has nice, reasonably priced plus size clothes around here.  They opened a Torrid at the local mall but they don't have much of a selection.  Plus, it's really not my style.  I wish Anthropologie carried plus sizes!

#193 of 201 Old 04-28-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Postlol. i couldnt remember the name anyway. i read it years ago. i found it when i was looking for answers. it might be worth a trip to a bigger library. i will do that sometimes if i feel like i need something more than what i am finding at my local one.

I found a book recently, that I'd read as a child, just by googling the one phrase in the book that I could remember. Didn't know the title or the author or anything else but that one phrase, and I still found it!

i tried that and couldnt find anything... shrug.gif

and seriously, i thought they were gonna fix that stupid smilie thing....

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#194 of 201 Old 04-30-2012, 07:48 AM

Maiasaura: I was singing "big butts" all night on Friday. hahaha.  I love your version of the fairy loom, too.  We'll see what supplies I have in the craft closet!! 

Quote:

In my area, there aren't many men who are like that.  I know one man who prefers heavy women but I don't someone with a fetish.  (what happens when I lose weight?)

Unfortunately, I can't buy second hand clothes unless I absolutely know that it comes from a house that doesn't have cats and wasn't stored in a damp place (severe allergies to cats and mildew/mold, as well as cig smoke.)  

If I get some spare cash, I'll check out Nordstrom Rack.  It's the only place that has nice, reasonably priced plus size clothes around here.  They opened a Torrid at the local mall but they don't have much of a selection.  Plus, it's really not my style.  I wish Anthropologie carried plus sizes!

I wasn't really thinking a fetish - more like men with real expectations of women.  ... and I wish Anthropologie carried something I could AFFORD!!! LOL!!! 

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.  My sister, her hubs, DH and I went on a nice little road trip up to Cooperstown to a cute little winery and then to walk around the town.  I LOVED IT.  The winery was totally down to earth and not hoity-toity like you sometimes find at wineries!  thumb.gif  It was awesome.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Oh, this http://www.knowitall.org/naturalstate/Graphics/Weaving/pix-weave.jpg is sort of what I thought you meant for natural looms. Though the fairy ones are cool, too!

I can't find a pic of the kind we did years ago. Basically it was a couple of sticks, parallel horizontally, with string vertically, up and down and up and down all the way across. Then you use the string to weave natural things in and out of, horizontally. It looked really cool with cotton bits, dandelion fluff, pine cones, grasses...all sorts of things.

#195 of 201 Old 04-30-2012, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostMaiasaura: I was singing "big butts" all night on Friday. hahaha.  I love your version of the fairy loom, too.  We'll see what supplies I have in the craft closet!! 

I wasn't really thinking a fetish - more like men with real expectations of women.  ... and I wish Anthropologie carried something I could AFFORD!!! LOL!!! 

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.  My sister, her hubs, DH and I went on a nice little road trip up to Cooperstown to a cute little winery and then to walk around the town.  I LOVED IT.  The winery was totally down to earth and not hoity-toity like you sometimes find at wineries!  thumb.gif  It was awesome. 

LOL at you!

I have never heard of Anthropologie so I looked it up online-- not all that impressed. A lot of that stuff you can wing it from thrift store things, for the styles, but it looks like more for skinny women. They don't have realistic sized models in there at all!

M still hasn't found a job, and now he won't find out if he will get unemployment for like FIVE WEEKS! His case is under review. Because he quit a job to get another one, which they didn't keep him for a week. At least he's got food stamps, but he's only got barely enough money for next month's rent and then he's broke utterly. I have a $400 gov't check that is uncashed and I don't care (pretending it doesn't exist), but he won't take it. At least his landlord is *sort of* understanding. M's been there for over 7 years.

DS goes on his class camping trip tomorrow. I so wish I had kept my plans to visit M while ds is out of town!

#196 of 201 Old 04-30-2012, 04:09 PM

I'm still here. I've just been quiet smile.gif

Things are ok here. Just taking things one day at a time.

I've found that I feel very strange when I'm outside now. Almost renewed? Its a good strange, but it's nearly overwhelming if I focus on it. I still haven't even found my path, but I guess that doesn't really matter to the Goddess, does it?

I haven't ventured outside at night yet. I'm curious how I'd feel then.

I'm mostly rambling at the moment...

Maiasaura- I'll send more energy to M smile.gif I hope he can find his silver lining soon. I hope DS enjoys his camping trip too.

DS1's birthday is the day after tomorrow. He's turning 6. Where does the time go? My baby will be 1 on June 3 and I'm already losing it about that. I'm moving out of the baby era of my life and into the older years. Its scary and exciting.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#197 of 201 Old 04-30-2012, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey, it's been awhile.

Keeping busy with my stuffs, going to Heartland Pagan Festival down near KC this year, and DS is driving me to the brink!

DH is starting a business this summer: Curbside recycling pickup and sorting. We're calling it Sorta Recycling. I've been walking him through the process of starting a business.

I'm working on a new book about the misunderstood "negative" aspects of feminine/Goddess. I'm calling it The Goddess of Ick.

Other than that, I'm hanging on.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#198 of 201 Old 04-30-2012, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View PostMaiasaura- I'll send more energy to M smile.gif I hope he can find his silver lining soon. I hope DS enjoys his camping trip too.
DS1's birthday is the day after tomorrow. He's turning 6. Where does the time go? My baby will be 1 on June 3 and I'm already losing it about that. I'm moving out of the baby era of my life and into the older years. Its scary and exciting.

Thank you! Happy birthday to your ds! Mine will be TWELVE, next birthday. When did that happen? His dad was uber tall, and I'm barely 5'1"-- ds is going to be taller than me by next birthday (January) mecry.gif

OK-- my eleven year old ds just starting The Mists of Avalon! bigeyes.gif He just finished The Once And Future King. He is one amazing reader, my boy is loveeyes.gif

Out of the baby stage is nice. No more dipes, no more floor tantrums, you can actually have a conversation...it's good.

Tomorrow's Beltane! Remember to wash your face in the morning dew to maintain your natural beauty heartbeat.gif

#199 of 201 Old 04-30-2012, 05:15 PM

treehugger.gif

Valérie   
#200 of 201 Old 05-01-2012, 04:41 AM

Happy Beltane all! treehugger.gif

Maryhippie.gif

#201 of 201 Old 05-01-2012, 04:44 AM

Typed that previous post and then realized it is now MAY -- so I started our new thread.... luxlove.gif

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352073/may-pagan-family-thread

Maryhippie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page