Forum Jump: 

#61 of 143 Old 05-08-2012, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

joy.gif

Do you know what sex your baby is? I forgot if you were going to find out. You're due in June, yes? Have you got a name list or anything? If I were there, I'd get you a massage smile.gif

yes, it is a boy! i think i put it in my sig. we like the name Owen Lewis Brade (pronounced brady like the brady bunch.lol.) i am due june 27th so i am 33 weeks tomorrow. all he has to do is wait 3 or 4 more weeks and we can have a homebirth. i am about ready to start taking bets to see how long i will go with him. my first was 42 weeks and 7'12". my 2nd was 39.3 weeks and 8'13", and my 3rd was 38.5 weeks and 7'13". they all were 21 or 21.5 in long. DH says he will be 9 lbs, born july 4th and have red hair. the rest of the kids all have dirty blonde hair. but i have red hair and DH has red facial hair but dirty blond hair. any guesses?

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 143 Old 05-08-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Postany guesses?

Nope. But I am in crazy love with a red-headed man...or, he was, when we went out in high school. It's more brown now, going a bit gray, but in just the right light (or the right circumstance mischievous.gif heehee) he still looks like my red-headed love love.gif

Red hair is SO.HOT!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#63 of 143 Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 AM

LionessMom:  I LOVE the name Owen.  Every Owen I have ever known has just been a sweet love.  I wish I could teleport and come squeeze your little bug when he's born!! haha.  I'm glad you are feeling okay.  

Maiasaura: How's the DS?  Is he more aware of his behavior?  Sending you lots of hugs.  and thanks for the birthday wishes for Z-girl.  She's getting pretty excited about tomorrow!  

Mommy2Austin: Hope the party for your oldest is wonderful!! And I'm sending you some big hugs, too.  

revolting: thanks for all the books.  Unveiled sounds really intriguing.  

Looks like the rain may let up for most of the day today!  I've loved not having to water the new broccoli and cauliflower I planted this past weekend but I am SO ready to get this kid and I outside!!!!!   

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#64 of 143 Old 05-09-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostMaiasaura: How's the DS?  Is he more aware of his behavior?  Sending you lots of hugs.  and thanks for the birthday wishes for Z-girl.  She's getting pretty excited about tomorrow!  

You are welcome, and thanks for asking about my ds. He does seem to be improving, and isn't even whining about my taking away his beys-- BUT he does always seem to find a substitute. He's revisiting some other toys he hasn't played with in awhile.

Someone asked about bubbled eggs, and I forgot to answer-- just means "boiled".

M's mom was from Ireland and I dunno if that's an Irish thing or what, but I got it from him. Bubbled eggs = boiled (hard boiled) eggs. Bubbled hot dogs = hot dogs that are boiled, not fried or otherwise cooked. He calls a water fountain a "bubbler". I think it's cute love.gif

Freaking amendment PASSED. I can't believe it. I'm sick over it. I used to love this state for its progressiveness. Now it seems we're going backward and backward. I can't wait to GTF out of here.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#65 of 143 Old 05-10-2012, 06:48 AM

treehugger.gif

Busy, busy, life keeps me busy! dizzy.gif

The dreaded Black Flies are out and they're hungry! This make being outside very uncomfortable... blah! Planting the garden will be challenging with them around. greensad.gif

DD2 have expressed interest to learn about plants... Since I couldn't afford the Herb Fairy I linked earlier, we'll use the Wildcraft game from the same people for a gentle intro to herbs and flowers. flower.gif

Valérie   
#66 of 143 Old 05-10-2012, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
i had the 2 yr old and dh was trying to show the others the crawdads. i leaned over to toss the 2 yr olds shoes up on the bank and my feet slipped out from under me and i fell flat on my belly! it felt like landing on a basketball. i got a bad braxton-hicks contraction and i felt like i was going to puke and i couldnt breathe for a minute. we were in the same town as my mom and 5 min from a hospital (she lived in between where we were and the hospital) so we dropped off the girls and went to the hospital to make sure we were ok. the monitored me for about 20 min and since there was no bleeding or labor signs etc they cleared me to go. woo hoo for a strong uterus and a healthy placenta! but today everything is sore. i am trying to rest. my belly muscles hurt, my hips, lower back, etc. all the joints are sore and even the muscles in my arms. but i am feeling better. before i went to the hospital i called my doctors office and my midwife. the doc office was closed but it goes through to a nurse desk and she is the one who told me to go to the hospital. she called me back 10 min later and then she called me again tonight to check on me. i am so touched. that was so nice. my midwife (a solitary dem) took 2 hours to call me back bc she was with her daughters at the prom or something. i tried to call her again today to ask if it was normal to feel this sore (the nurse reaasured me) and she didnt answer the phone. i left a message at 1:30pm. it is now 7:30 and she still hasnt called me back. 

oh no! so glad you are okay and the bb is okay.

has she called you back yet? it should not take very long. have you tried a different number? not that you should have to. she should be getting back in touch with you a.s.a.p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

The lilac bush is in bloom outside my window.  The scent is wafting through my living room and it's lovely.

I'm going to be calling cable this morning and getting rid of my cable, internet, and phone.  Man this is going to be hard.  I haven't been able to get a regular tv signal on my tv without cable so this is going to be so hard...on both me and ds!  

we got rid of cable a while ago, really you won't notice after the first week or so. it feels good to be free of the SALES! and BUY! and DIET! and MONEY! pressures of cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaInTheDesert View Post

I do know that it is a thing. I, like Maiasaura put it, am still working on reconciling the two. Christianity just seems like it is so... "God is the only God" and "Christianity is the One Right Way." Disagreeing with some of the basic tenets of Christianity when it feels like such an unyielding religion makes me feel as if there is no room for me there. It's definitely something I need to work on and think through some more.

DOK - That's cool that your lilac is blooming. I think lilac just smells beautiful. I finally got some lavender and sage planted out in the back yard for some smell-good back there. The sage is doing good, but the lavender looks a little beat up already. It won't be till next year that they're big enough to create a good scent though anyway.

that is how it seems to me too. my family is jewish and pagan and always has been. since the beginning of time the most commonly know sects of christianity seem so "our way or the highway" i know of course that that is part of popular culture and not true. for instance there are catholic nuns here, the mcdonald sisters (four or five sisters who are sisters) and they jsut got seriously chastised by the pope for being too left and not listening and behaving. they do anti war protests and have gone to prision for things like prostesting the school of the americas (a training place for torture and war in the southern u.s.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

We're having a small party on Wednesday to celebrate my oldest's birthday. My dad is going to take him after the party and buy him a new bicycle. I'm excited for him :-)
I'm a whirlwind of emotions right now. Parts of my past are haunting me and leaving me unsettled and alone. Its not something I can talk to anyone I know about. My feelings are very strong and it is causing me unending grief. Long story short I'm trying to convince myself that I need to be content with my life as it is because its what I chose. I'm a mess.
I have to start getting all the stuff ready to take to my Dad's house on Wednesday. We're going to stay with him for a week. It'll be nice to get out of the house.

happy birthday to oldest! i am sorry you are feeling isolated. that is so hard.

Quote:

yes, i feel better now. it is still sore where i landed on it. and it hurts when the baby kicks me there. but everything is fine. thank goodness. 

good!

Quote:

yes, it is a boy! i think i put it in my sig. we like the name Owen Lewis Brade (pronounced brady like the brady bunch.lol.) i am due june 27th so i am 33 weeks tomorrow. all he has to do is wait 3 or 4 more weeks and we can have a homebirth. i am about ready to start taking bets to see how long i will go with him. my first was 42 weeks and 7'12". my 2nd was 39.3 weeks and 8'13", and my 3rd was 38.5 weeks and 7'13". they all were 21 or 21.5 in long. DH says he will be 9 lbs, born july 4th and have red hair. the rest of the kids all have dirty blonde hair. but i have red hair and DH has red facial hair but dirty blond hair. any guesses?

LOVE the name owen. a good online friend, her son is owen and i always loved the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Looks like the rain may let up for most of the day today!  I've loved not having to water the new broccoli and cauliflower I planted this past weekend but I am SO ready to get this kid and I outside!!!!!   

it's raining tons here too. everything is growing so fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

treehugger.gif

The dreaded Black Flies are out and they're hungry! This make being outside very uncomfortable... blah! Planting the garden will be challenging with them around. greensad.gif

DD2 have expressed interest to learn about plants... Since I couldn't afford the Herb Fairy I linked earlier, we'll use the Wildcraft game from the same people for a gentle intro to herbs and flowers. flower.gif

i am a member there and john has mentioned the price being high but the cost of production for the herb fairy books was so high he didn't have a choice. he feels bad about that. keep an eye out for a sale though.

things here are going along. i am working a ton on labels and such for my aromatherapy blends, soaps, perfume, et al. they are so beautiful. i cannot wait for the big unveiling!

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#67 of 143 Old 05-10-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post

oh no! so glad you are okay and the bb is okay.

has she called you back yet? it should not take very long. have you tried a different number? not that you should have to. she should be getting back in touch with you a.s.a.p.

LOVE the name owen. a good online friend, her son is owen and i always loved the name.

she did call me back the next day. she was attending someone all day and then went to a post natal. she is a DEM who works on her own. she does bring another DEM with her to births though. i am not used to having a midwife. i always had doctors and they always had someone on call. or a nurse line or something, ykwim?

DH likes the name too. i do believe it is the one. i have even started calling him by the name. i am 33 weeks now. my last one came at 38.5 weeks. the one before that was 39 weeks and my first was 42 weeks. i wonder if this one will come early too. if he does then i only have until 37 weeks to be ready. 4 more weeks. all i have left to do is to make some diaper wraps and that isnt really neccessary as i did buy 6 of them as well. so i dont actually need them. i have everything all set up. everything is ready. i am just cleaning and organizing and decluttering now. DS1 doesnt like it bc i make him do all the stuff that is too heavy or high off the ground or involves anything that makes my hip hurt. lol. so he was the one who cleaned the dust of the top of the shelf yesterday. DH is even nesting. i had to pick on him about it. he is decluttering and rearranging. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#68 of 143 Old 05-10-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:

You are welcome, and thanks for asking about my ds. He does seem to be improving, and isn't even whining about my taking away his beys-- BUT he does always seem to find a substitute. He's revisiting some other toys he hasn't played with in awhile.

Someone asked about bubbled eggs, and I forgot to answer-- just means "boiled".

M's mom was from Ireland and I dunno if that's an Irish thing or what, but I got it from him. Bubbled eggs = boiled (hard boiled) eggs. Bubbled hot dogs = hot dogs that are boiled, not fried or otherwise cooked. He calls a water fountain a "bubbler". I think it's cute love.gif

Freaking amendment PASSED. I can't believe it. I'm sick over it. I used to love this state for its progressiveness. Now it seems we're going backward and backward. I can't wait to GTF out of here.

Glad to hear DS is improving.  I had to look up Bey Blades since you've mentioned it so much - I had to find out what the obsession was.  Glad that he can find something else to occupy his time.  

It was me that asked about bubbled eggs, thanks for explaining.  YES, it is super cute that he calls the water fountain a bubbler.  

I was sad to hear that the NC amendment passed.  It made me want to throw up. 

Quote:

treehugger.gif

I checked out Wildcraft and it looks super cool!!  I put something about learning more about herbs and essential oils on my TM so this site is really intriguing to me.  :)  

she did call me back the next day. she was attending someone all day and then went to a post natal. she is a DEM who works on her own. she does bring another DEM with her to births though. i am not used to having a midwife. i always had doctors and they always had someone on call. or a nurse line or something, ykwim?

DH likes the name too. i do believe it is the one. i have even started calling him by the name. i am 33 weeks now. my last one came at 38.5 weeks. the one before that was 39 weeks and my first was 42 weeks. i wonder if this one will come early too. if he does then i only have until 37 weeks to be ready. 4 more weeks. all i have left to do is to make some diaper wraps and that isnt really neccessary as i did buy 6 of them as well. so i dont actually need them. i have everything all set up. everything is ready. i am just cleaning and organizing and decluttering now. DS1 doesnt like it bc i make him do all the stuff that is too heavy or high off the ground or involves anything that makes my hip hurt. lol. so he was the one who cleaned the dust of the top of the shelf yesterday. DH is even nesting. i had to pick on him about it. he is decluttering and rearranging. 

So glad that your midwife did call you back the next day.  Also, love that your DH is also nesting.  Sounds like you're in a good place!  thumb.gif

Currently making Z's bday cake.  Chocolate chip with a chocolate/pb drizzle to be put on just before we eat it.  MMMMmmmm.  I cannot wait!  yummy.gif

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#69 of 143 Old 05-10-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:

so glad she called you back. it sounds like you are all set to go! yay!

Quote:

Glad to hear DS is improving.  I had to look up Bey Blades since you've mentioned it so much - I had to find out what the obsession was.  Glad that he can find something else to occupy his time.  

It was me that asked about bubbled eggs, thanks for explaining.  YES, it is super cute that he calls the water fountain a bubbler.  

I was sad to hear that the NC amendment passed.  It made me want to throw up. 

I checked out Wildcraft and it looks super cool!!  I put something about learning more about herbs and essential oils on my TM so this site is really intriguing to me.  :)  

So glad that your midwife did call you back the next day.  Also, love that your DH is also nesting.  Sounds like you're in a good place!  thumb.gif

Currently making Z's bday cake.  Chocolate chip with a chocolate/pb drizzle to be put on just before we eat it.  MMMMmmmm.  I cannot wait!  yummy.gif

herbmentor is a great place. there is a subscription area where we all learn about herbs, watch videos, chat, etc and i get so much out of it. i swear i don't own stock or anything. ;) birthday cake, yum!  sounds yummy.

i got a buncha of herbs today for doing my hair. i henna it but i add extra stuff for a color boost. ya know, paprika, chamomile, lemon juice, etc. i'm gonna do my hair today i am so excited! the doors are all open here, it is so perfect weather wise, sunny and not raining but not too hot either.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#70 of 143 Old 05-10-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostIt was me that asked about bubbled eggs, thanks for explaining.  YES, it is super cute that he calls the water fountain a bubbler.  

Oh yeah, and "bubble" is a verb, too, as in "I'm going to bubble a hot dog", or cuter yet, "I'm going to put some eggs on the bubble" love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Posti got a buncha of herbs today for doing my hair. i henna it but i add extra stuff for a color boost. ya know, paprika, chamomile, lemon juice, etc. i'm gonna do my hair today i am so excited! the doors are all open here, it is so perfect weather wise, sunny and not raining but not too hot either.

I wonder what henna would do to my hair. Right now I'm trying to grow out the blonde (it's just Sun-In, which is mostly lemon juice and peroxide), and my natural color, which USED to be the blonde you see in the photo, is now a darker....well, I dunno what color it is. Brownish?

Did I mention that M got the job??? He starts Monday. Again, though, the only snag could be the background check. The job said they don't care, but the temp agency that did the hiring might. Cross fingers, mamas. It's $20 an hour!

vydalea, where in upstate NY are you? If I may ask? I used to live in Syracuse. Here is my old band from back in the day:

www.myspace.com/theunsoundofsyracuse

There are lots of songs on there! Live ones, even! I am the drummer. Was.

#71 of 143 Old 05-10-2012, 06:04 PM

yay! for jobs! yayayayayay! congratulations and woooooooo to him!

henna works on sun in-ed hair. it just might be fairly bright. i would use the auburn not the red or bright red.

#72 of 143 Old 05-11-2012, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

We've had the WildCraft game for a couple of years now and it is a favorite. The kids LOVE playing it and I just geek out over how much they retain about herbal uses.  {visualize a heart smilie here as the smilies seem to be missing at the moment... ;)}

Quote:

Did I mention that M got the job??? He starts Monday. Again, though, the only snag could be the background check. The job said they don't care, but the temp agency that did the hiring might. Cross fingers, mamas. It's $20 an hour!

How awesome!!! I'm so glad to hear this! 
I do hope that it all works out ok with the background check. 

Maryhippie.gif

#73 of 143 Old 05-11-2012, 09:22 AM

LionessMom, it's so great that you're all ready for your new LO!  I'll be keeping you in my thoughts for an easy, meaningful and safe delivery.

ian'smommya, I would definitely like to hear more about henna!  I have strawberry blonde hair and I was thinking I would henna it when it starts to go gray. (As of right now, I have a couple gray hairs in my EYEBROWS for some weird reason, but no where else...)

Maiasaura, how long did you live in Syracuse?  If you were there in the late 80s-very early 90s, you might know somebody... ;)

Also, good for M in getting a new job!  I think the best thing for him to do is to be very open about the background check with everyone.  In my experience, if the temp agency's client doesn't care about the background check, then the agency's main focus would just be on placing him as quickly as possible so they can get their cut.  (Remember, if M isn't working, then the agency isn't making any money off him either... so it's in their best interest to make sure he passes the background check.)

Hope all have great Mother's Day plans for the weekend!  (We're visiting my great-grandmother on Sunday.  Then my mom and I are going out for afternoon tea NEXT weekend, when it won't be so crazy...)

#74 of 143 Old 05-11-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:

herbmentor is a great place. there is a subscription area where we all learn about herbs, watch videos, chat, etc and i get so much out of it. i swear i don't own stock or anything. ;) birthday cake, yum!  sounds yummy.

I will definitely look into herbmentor. It seems really awesome and it's nice to know that you like it so much.  Honestly.  Even if you did own stock, I assume you wouldn't own it in something you didn't believe in. winky.gif  Thanks for the feedback on it.  It's my summer/fall endeavor.  I suppose. 

Quote:

Oh yeah, and "bubble" is a verb, too, as in "I'm going to bubble a hot dog", or cuter yet, "I'm going to put some eggs on the bubble" love.gif

vydalea, where in upstate NY are you? If I may ask? I used to live in Syracuse. Here is my old band from back in the day:

Bubble is so darn cute.  Love love love.  

Hooray for M getting the job!!  joy.gif  He must feel good about that!!!  I will send overlooking energy in the direction of the temp agency!!!  

I am currently listening to your band, Ms. Maiasaura.  Pretty fun sound!  Carbomb Kamikaze which to me sounds like a really, really stiff drink.  haha.  I took a look at the pictures on the myspace page, too.  Did you go by Sheena then or is that not you?  I live in Binghamton -- maybe you played here since we're only a little more than an hour away?  My live music experience didn't start until the mid 90s although the music sounded like a bit of a mix between your band and a little more "grunge" - if you know what I mean?  I love the punk punk sound.  It just makes me want to jump around and yell a lot.  haha.  and shake.  

glassesgirl: my mom likes to do tea for mother's day, too.  is it a generational thing?  We do it at her house and she gets out her grandmother's china.  It's nice - it's just not, personally, me.  But my ideal mothers day (bagels for breakfast, jammies until late) is not her ideal mother's day either.  

I made all of the grandma's little sock critters out of Z's baby socks. Stuffed them with a rice/potpourri mix and decorated them.  Z helped and it was fun.  My MIL let Z play with hers and rip it all up.  I was pretty hurt by that.  Like, whatever, no big deal that you let her play with it and explore it but she ripped off the eyes and mutilated it and I have 3 more sitting on my table that she's now going to want to do that with.  Also, do you really think that little of it?  I'm sure I'm being sensitive about it but c'mon!  greensad.gif  There are worse things she could do... 

Alright ladies, off to run around in preparation for the party tomorrow!  Please send calm my way as all the grandparents descend in one place.  *inhale anger exhale love* haha.  

#75 of 143 Old 05-11-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassesgirlnj View PostMaiasaura, how long did you live in Syracuse?  If you were there in the late 80s-very early 90s, you might know somebody... ;)

Also, good for M in getting a new job!

I left Syracuse in 1988. I started living there in '77. I went to school at SU from Sept'77 thru May'81 (can it really be 31 years and two days since I graduated??) I was one of the punks that hung out on "The Wall" (formerly "The Beach") on M street. My last band was Soulless Dolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostHooray for M getting the job!!  joy.gif  He must feel good about that!!!  I will send overlooking energy in the direction of the temp agency!!!  

I am currently listening to your band, Ms. Maiasaura.  Pretty fun sound!  Carbomb Kamikaze which to me sounds like a really, really stiff drink.  haha.  I took a look at the pictures on the myspace page, too.  Did you go by Sheena then or is that not you?  I live in Binghamton -- maybe you played here since we're only a little more than an hour away?  My live music experience didn't start until the mid 90s although the music sounded like a bit of a mix between your band and a little more "grunge" - if you know what I mean?  I love the punk punk sound.  It just makes me want to jump around and yell a lot.  haha.  and shake.  

M says thank you so much to all of you re: the happy energy. He was really bummed because he told two of his brothers, and both of them were like "You're not going to keep it, you know your background check is going to make you fail" and I'm like....ye gods, how supportive. Not. What asshat behavior!

Carbomb Kamikaze is one of my very favorite songs from then...you realize if we'd put that out now, we'd probably be arrested by Homeland Security? eyesroll.gif I mean, sub Iraq for Lebanon and what's the difference, right? But did you notice how in the lead, the guitar sounds like a foreign cop car? winky.gif Is that corny or what...but I thought it was kind of cool, too. I tried to make my snare drum sound like gunshots.

Thanks for listening, though; I'm honored!

#76 of 143 Old 05-12-2012, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Oh my Goddess, I can't believe what has happened over the last few days! I'll just start at the beginning, so hang on to your hats.

On Wednesday night, I was outside, looking at the night sky. I suddenly saw a brief... something. It shot across the sky right in front of me. It looked like a firework or a flare - bright, sparky, "chemical" coloration. There was no noise and it moved from left to right in a mostly horizontal, slightly downward path. It lasted about 2 seconds. uhoh3.gif

On Thursday morning, DH woke me up to tell me that my mother had called him at 4am. My parents were doing a motorcycle tour/vacation, and were about 1k miles away from home. They said my brother had gotten arrested; they were on their way to him now (600 miles away). DB is a jerk and a materialistic ass, but he is an "upstanding" citizen, so I was like headscratch.gif bigeyes.gif!

I went to work and my mom called me. They were stopped; they hadn't eaten; they were trying to find him a lawyer while on the road; they didn't know anything but where it happened and that it was a felony. jaw.gif I told her to concentrate on driving; send me the info and I'll get a lawyer. (DB has a program through work that provides legal services. So, I spent the next 3 hours (running in and out of meetings for work) calling lawyers and getting information. I got one who sounded pretty good, and he was able to get right over to DB when the State's Attorney was going to interview DB. Seeing as I've watched a lot of Law & Order, and I know about "lawyering up", I was sold. I told him to get over there; my parents would call with a cc to pay the retainer as soon as they got my text. The lawyer also told me it was "Aggravated Vehicular ^#$*%" (the last word got jumbled due to the poor cell reception). I thought it was assault; so I was like, oh gods, DB got pissed and ran someone over.

A bit later, DH was in a meeting with the city Development Corp's Exec. Director regarding his business plan. thumb.gif I took the time to google the information I had, to try to find out what DB did. (I was worried he'd hurt someone and they could die, making it AV Manslaughter.) yikes.gif

I found an article from the dispatch unit of the suburb where he'd gotten picked up (which, btw, was about 100 mi from the suburb where he lives). A man of his age, from his suburb, was picked up after carjacking a woman at gunpoint. huh.gifjaw.gif In a halloween mask. headscratch.gif That he was still wearing when he got picked up by the cops. duh.gifdizzy.gif WTF?!?

Well, as it turns out, that was in fact what DB did. He drove his BMW 100 miles to pull off a semi-premeditated carjacking for a vehicle worth about $3k.

The lawyer is pushing for a psych eval because it sounds like PTSD (DB served in Afganistan after 9-11; like, the DAY after). The cops are actually pretty sympathetic, cuz they seem to agree with the lawyer. DB says he doesn't know why he did it and doesn't remember much about it. He is throwing around the phrases "suicide", "life is over", and "worthless", so everyone is keeping a close eye on him.

DB's ex wife refuses to let DB see his son. irked.gif Cuz the one thing he would have to live for and get better for... we should just keep that out-of-sight/out-of-mind for him. angry.gif She also seems to think that the idea of PTSD is ridiculous, though she also told the investigators that DB would NEVER do anything like that.

Oh, and DH? He was informed that not only would the CDC do everything in their power to help him get the business off the ground and going, they would also be one of his customers. faint.gifenergy.gif

I need a vacation. *looks for the rollercoaster smilie*

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
#77 of 143 Old 05-13-2012, 06:14 AM

hug.gif Wolfcat hug.gif Wild ride indeed! Yay for your husband! joy.gif And lots of good vibes for your brother's situation; may all be resolved and him getting the help he seems to need to get back on his feet! goodvibes.gif (especially his relation to his child)

I have funerals 5 hours away from home... Still figuring out my options: going there on the 25, sleep at an hotel and come back after the ceremony on the 26 (more relax) or doing all the driving on the 26... meaning I'd have to leave home around 4:30AM and back home in the evening.  I have a Homeschool Convention the week after and had thought of going to an hotel the night before to avoid the 4:30AM wake up with the kids (it's a 2 hours drive and we have to be there at 7AM) but I can't afford two nights...

Valérie   
#78 of 143 Old 05-13-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View PostOh my Goddess, I can't believe what has happened over the last few days! I'll just start at the beginning, so hang on to your hats.

WOW. I hope it all resolves for everybody! PTSD is nothing to fiddle with. M has that. It's real, and his ex needs to get on board with that. And yay for your DH!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View PostI have funerals 5 hours away from home... Still figuring out my options: going there on the 25, sleep at an hotel and come back after the ceremony on the 26 (more relax) or doing all the driving on the 26... meaning I'd have to leave home around 4:30AM and back home in the evening.  I have a Homeschool Convention the week after and had thought of going to an hotel the night before to avoid the 4:30AM wake up with the kids (it's a 2 hours drive and we have to be there at 7AM) but I can't afford two nights...

I would do the first option, going on the 25th and coming home on the 26th. Blessings, Valerie.

Mother's Day: DS gave me a bunch of his "special" things, including the wooden "special box" of his!! And a wand that he made. I can't believe he gave me his special things. Being 11 and having no money, he couldn't go anywhere, so I could just see him in my mind's eye going "What can I give Mom??" Aww. And he picked roses from the yard for me, and is going to make me lunch love.gif

#79 of 143 Old 05-13-2012, 11:35 AM

Happy Mother's Day, Mamas!! blowkiss.gif

It's a flipping perfect day weather-wise here and was yesterday for the birthday party.  

Wolfcat!  WOW.  hug2.gif I am sending much healing and relief to your DB. How crazy and sad.  PTSD is real and more people need to talk about it and help these returning soldiers not feel a stigma so they can reach out.  On the other, very, very opposite hand HOORAY for your DH!  WOW. on that happy end!  

Valerie: Safe travels whatever you decide to do.  I can't imagine driving 10 hours in one day, especially after a very emotional day at a funeral.  

Maiasaura: first off, thanks for sharing the music link!  it's always interesting to get that kind of a glimpse of someone.  What did you study at SU?  If you don't mind my asking... LOVE the MDay gift that your DS gave you!  What a sweetie!  

My DH has been feeding the hell out of me and letting me just relax so I'm loving this day.  He actually wrote out an itinerary that reads "Mama relax time" in between feedings.  LOL!!  We even get to go get ice cream today!! wahoo!! he's so fricken cute.  

#80 of 143 Old 05-13-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:

Valerie: Safe travels whatever you decide to do.  I can't imagine driving 10 hours in one day, especially after a very emotional day at a funeral.  

Maiasaura: first off, thanks for sharing the music link!  it's always interesting to get that kind of a glimpse of someone.  What did you study at SU?  If you don't mind my asking... LOVE the MDay gift that your DS gave you!  What a sweetie! 

Your DH is too cute.

DS is having a cry-fit because he can't find one of his Bey Blades, and I helped him tear up the whole house and he still can't find it. It's actually one I'd recognize, and I have no idea where it could have gotten to. He's got so dang many. He just made an offering to the Faeries, and gave up his last very best Godiva truffle to them, in hopes that they will help him find it.

When ds's father died, we drove 12 hours in each direction, plus stops, to be at a memorial that was all of about 5 hours long, in a place where I felt decidedly unwelcome, as I was the 2nd wife and he'd been with his first wife for 19 years. Short, very fat me (5'1", 185lb) in a roomful of very skinny people, the shortest of which was 5'10", even the women. So yeah-- it's doable, but not much fun.

I have a degree in Advertising Design. But I have never set foot in an advertising office, nor will I. I graduated because I was rather pressured by my parents, but all I wanted to do was play rock'n'roll-- which I did love.gif

#81 of 143 Old 05-13-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:

treehugger.gif

Wildcraft has been on our wishlist for years, as much for me and my DD.

Quote:

eat.gif Sounds delicious.

Quote:

Yay! partytime.gif

I tried to listen to the songs from your band, but my version of flash is too old. I'll have to get my significantly more computer literate partner to help.

Quote:

I would do the first option, going on the 25th and coming home on the 26th. Blessings, Valerie.

Mother's Day: DS gave me a bunch of his "special" things, including the wooden "special box" of his!! And a wand that he made. I can't believe he gave me his special things. Being 11 and having no money, he couldn't go anywhere, so I could just see him in my mind's eye going "What can I give Mom??" Aww. And he picked roses from the yard for me, and is going to make me lunch love.gif

That's so sweet!

Wolfcat: I hope your DB gets the help he needs: it's so sad how little support returning soldiers receive. However, yay for your husband!

Quote:

My DH has been feeding the hell out of me and letting me just relax so I'm loving this day.  He actually wrote out an itinerary that reads "Mama relax time" in between feedings.  LOL!!  We even get to go get ice cream today!! wahoo!! he's so fricken cute.  

That is cute.

My kids and partner served me an EPIC breakfast in bed. Sweetest thing ever. I've had a great, relaxing day, which is great, because the rest of the week is going to be busy busy busy (but in an awesome kind of way full of music and midwives, lol).

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#82 of 143 Old 05-14-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View PostDS is having a cry-fit because he can't find one of his Bey Blades, and I helped him tear up the whole house and he still can't find it. It's actually one I'd recognize, and I have no idea where it could have gotten to. He's got so dang many. He just made an offering to the Faeries, and gave up his last very best Godiva truffle to them, in hopes that they will help him find it.

OK....at the end of the night, ds was giving me my last Mother's Day present...a full body massage love.gif For 11, he's pretty good at it!

And out of the blue...his missing Bey Blade dropped onto the floor, out of nowhere. I kid you not. I had helped him, like I said above, tear up the whole house looking for it. I made the beds really nicely, knowing the Bey would make a bump. No bumps. I was laying on ds's bed and kerplunk-- there it was. On the floor bigeyes.gif Thank you, Faeries!

Quote:

Originally Posted by revolting View PostI tried to listen to the songs from your band, but my version of flash is too old. I'll have to get my significantly more computer literate partner to help.

It must be *reallyreally* old, cause so is that page lol.gif

#83 of 143 Old 05-14-2012, 09:00 AM

Wolfcat: OMGs! How is your DB now? the mental healthcare for our veterans, to reiterate everyone else, is truly atrocious. I hope he can get some real help. And yay for your DH!

Valerie, Revolting, I'm curious about this Wildcraft game. What age group is it for?

Maia: what a nice day you had! And yes, thanks to the fairies!! That's fantastic:D The fairies are on your side, Maia, telling him to be nice to his mama and he can get his stuff back:D How's M doing? This is his first day, yes?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This weekend was fun, until it petered out yesterday afternoon. Saturday was my birthday, so I got to have my big cheat (a cannoli) and some smaller ones. There is this place by us that makes the BEST STEAK I have ever put in my mouth. They have a 100 year old cast iron pan from the old Parker House in Boston, and they cook the steak in that, with beef tallow. So that's where DH took me for my birthday dinner. My DD was at her gym class, where they have Parents' Survival Night. It's $25 to have her run around with a bunch of other kids, do crafts, and have pizza for dinner. Well worth the cost, IMHO. DD also made me painted rocks and a painting for as gifts. So cute:D

Then yesterday was nice. We spent it with my family, which was nice. Then after we left, we just didn't do much. I had kinda either wanted to do something all together, or just go off by myself, but it ended up being kinda blah. I had tried suggesting we go to a local farm, walk around, maybe get DD some ice cream, but that just fell flat.

Then we had gotten the news that my MIL, who always thinks she should make things "easier" for us by making them harder had struck again. They had gotten a timeshare on Nantucket, and wanted us to come with. Very nice, right? I had said that we should really get a hotel room the night before in the town where the ferry is, so we could just get up and go, and not worry about the incoming Cape weekend traffic. I used to live on Cape Cod; I know very well how it goes. I even found a hotel room that was more like a 2 room suite for all of us for $99. I should have just booked it and saved us all the trouble, but she likes to rack up CC points for things, and I don't have any CCs. I would have been happy to just pay her; it's not like I was looking for a free room. So then she tells us we are going on the 2 o'clock ferry, so we can just drive up that day and go and not get a hotel room (even though they are). Um, no. Why did I have this conversation with her about the hotel room that looked great? I wanted to avoid driving during the day on a Friday in MAY to the Cape at all costs. So DH had to explain this all over again to her. I felt like I was losing my mind.

Major First World issues here, I know. DH tells me I shouldn't try to make sense of her, but I just get so annoyed at the lack of logic.

Come ponder with me about food!
#84 of 143 Old 05-14-2012, 09:14 AM

Only 2 weeks late... but I thought I'd pop in since it's been a while.

I am done with school for the year.  Just 5 classes left until I have my degree... still contemplating grad school.  Not sure if I want to go for it immediately or take a year off.  We'll see how I feel in the Fall when I'll need to start applying (and getting references from professors.)

After Little League season is done... in 5 weeks, I'll be able to sit back and enjoy my summer.  I am glad I decided not to take any summer classes. I just need to chill for a few weeks before school starts again, hopefully taking a few days off from the office as well.  We are doing a day trip or overnight trip to Boston in August.  I snagged Red Sox tix and want to show my hubby & kiddo some of my favorite haunts when I was a teen. 

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#85 of 143 Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View PostMaia: what a nice day you had! And yes, thanks to the fairies!! That's fantastic:D The fairies are on your side, Maia, telling him to be nice to his mama and he can get his stuff back:D How's M doing? This is his first day, yes?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Then we had gotten the news that my MIL, who always thinks she should make things "easier" for us by making them harder had struck again. They had gotten a timeshare on Nantucket, and wanted us to come with. Very nice, right? I had said that we should really get a hotel room the night before in the town where the ferry is, so we could just get up and go, and not worry about the incoming Cape weekend traffic. I used to live on Cape Cod; I know very well how it goes. I even found a hotel room that was more like a 2 room suite for all of us for $99. I should have just booked it and saved us all the trouble, but she likes to rack up CC points for things, and I don't have any CCs. I would have been happy to just pay her; it's not like I was looking for a free room. So then she tells us we are going on the 2 o'clock ferry, so we can just drive up that day and go and not get a hotel room (even though they are). Um, no. Why did I have this conversation with her about the hotel room that looked great? I wanted to avoid driving during the day on a Friday in MAY to the Cape at all costs. So DH had to explain this all over again to her. I felt like I was losing my mind.

Major First World issues here, I know. DH tells me I shouldn't try to make sense of her, but I just get so annoyed at the lack of logic.

Ye Gods. Don't you just hate that? DS has this thing going now-- I know it's not the same at all, but made me think of it-- of interrupting all.the.time. while I am on the phone. He's 11; he should know better by now! I always tell him I can NOT listen to 2 people at the same time and that if he's talking, I can't hear the other person on the phone...and his new answer is "I'm helping!" Um, no, you're not. You're interrupting and I do.not.need.your.help. Thankyouverymuch. Plus he "joins" the conversation all the way from the other end of the house. WHY are you listening in??? GRRRR.

Yes, today is M's first day. You're sweet to remember! He called me on his break. He says he doesn't really like it so far, but by that time, he'd only had 2 hours on the job so what's not to like? It's $20 an hour. I'd eat bugs for $20 an hour.

And yes, I had a lovely Mother's Day! Sounds like you did, too. Once I did a workshop at PSG for the littles, with painted rocks. They got like 4 rocks each and painted them and they got little cloth bags that I made, tied shut with ribbon. They were supposed to use the rocks for divination tools (ask a question, pick a rock from the bag, pre-assign rocks with meaning so you have an answer) but mostly they just wanted to get messy with paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View PostAfter Little League season is done... in 5 weeks, I'll be able to sit back and enjoy my summer.  I am glad I decided not to take any summer classes. I just need to chill for a few weeks before school starts again, hopefully taking a few days off from the office as well.  We are doing a day trip or overnight trip to Boston in August.  I snagged Red Sox tix and want to show my hubby & kiddo some of my favorite haunts when I was a teen. 

It'd be cool to meet! Score on the tix! Are you in the nosebleed section? M says they have standing room only, even, in a really crummy section, and even THAT is always sold out. Wow.

What position does your ds play? How old is he? Mine is usually still stuck in Right Field, but he's getting so much better than he was last year.

#86 of 143 Old 05-14-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:

It'd be cool to meet! Score on the tix! Are you in the nosebleed section? M says they have standing room only, even, in a really crummy section, and even THAT is always sold out. Wow.

What position does your ds play? How old is he? Mine is usually still stuck in Right Field, but he's getting so much better than he was last year.

Actually the kiddo doesn't play anymore, but DH & I feel that the organization needs our help so we are up to our eyeballs involved - on the board, etc.  DS is into karate & swimming.  He came to the decision last year that he'd much rather watch than play and we can respect that.  

They are actually seats in a not quite nose bleed section. ROTFLMAO.gif  We are excited.  I didn't expect to get seats and would have to settle with standing room only, but completely lucked out.  If you are in Mass near the end of August (um I think the game is the 23rd, tix are on my fridge) we'll have to definitely try to arrange to meet. 

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

#87 of 143 Old 05-15-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

My kids and partner served me an EPIC breakfast in bed. Sweetest thing ever. I've had a great, relaxing day, which is great, because the rest of the week is going to be busy busy busy (but in an awesome kind of way full of music and midwives, lol).

sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

Wolfcat: OMGs! How is your DB now? the mental healthcare for our veterans, to reiterate everyone else, is truly atrocious. I hope he can get some real help. And yay for your DH!

Valerie, Revolting, I'm curious about this Wildcraft game. What age group is it for?

This weekend was fun, until it petered out yesterday afternoon. Saturday was my birthday, so I got to have my big cheat (a cannoli) and some smaller ones. There is this place by us that makes the BEST STEAK I have ever put in my mouth. They have a 100 year old cast iron pan from the old Parker House in Boston, and they cook the steak in that, with beef tallow. So that's where DH took me for my birthday dinner. My DD was at her gym class, where they have Parents' Survival Night. It's $25 to have her run around with a bunch of other kids, do crafts, and have pizza for dinner. Well worth the cost, IMHO. DD also made me painted rocks and a painting for as gifts. So cute:D

ugh, no fun with m.i.l.!

wildcraft really could be for anyone over about four. i've played it with a ten year old girl and a twelve year old boy. tons of fun! its a co-operative game so everyone is working together instead of being one winner, the whole group finishes and wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post

I am done with school for the year.  Just 5 classes left until I have my degree... still contemplating grad school.  Not sure if I want to go for it immediately or take a year off.  We'll see how I feel in the Fall when I'll need to start applying (and getting references from professors.)

After Little League season is done... in 5 weeks, I'll be able to sit back and enjoy my summer.  I am glad I decided not to take any summer classes. I just need to chill for a few weeks before school starts again, hopefully taking a few days off from the office as well.  We are doing a day trip or overnight trip to Boston in August.  I snagged Red Sox tix and want to show my hubby & kiddo some of my favorite haunts when I was a teen. 

yay! congrats!

Quote:

Yes, today is M's first day. You're sweet to remember! He called me on his break. He says he doesn't really like it so far, but by that time, he'd only had 2 hours on the job so what's not to like? It's $20 an hour. I'd eat bugs for $20 an hour.

And yes, I had a lovely Mother's Day! Sounds like you did, too. Once I did a workshop at PSG for the littles, with painted rocks. They got like 4 rocks each and painted them and they got little cloth bags that I made, tied shut with ribbon. They were supposed to use the rocks for divination tools (ask a question, pick a rock from the bag, pre-assign rocks with meaning so you have an answer) but mostly they just wanted to get messy with paint.

cute idea! i may steal that.

my mothers day is going to be next week. my mom is driving home from texas and won't be here until the end of the week. i'll tell everyone about it then. we had the mayday parade here. omg. it was so incredible! LOVE the mayday parade. if you want you can look on hotb.com website and check it out. it is the best thing about spring/summer here. i am working on labels still, they are so beautiful. i cannot wait to show them off. today is my dad to work at the coop grocery store, i work in the produce section and i love it. its a lot of work but its also fun. i'll be back later, gators.

#88 of 143 Old 05-15-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:

I have a degree in Advertising Design. But I have never set foot in an advertising office, nor will I. I graduated because I was rather pressured by my parents, but all I wanted to do was play rock'n'roll-- which I did love.gif

Wow.  I took a Advertising class as one of my 8 BILLION electives in college and was so glad I did - I feel like I am a more informed consumer because of it.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

yay!  I love breakfast in bed!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

Then yesterday was nice. We spent it with my family, which was nice. Then after we left, we just didn't do much. I had kinda either wanted to do something all together, or just go off by myself, but it ended up being kinda blah. I had tried suggesting we go to a local farm, walk around, maybe get DD some ice cream, but that just fell flat.

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  partytime.gif The steak you describe sounds somewhere, universes beyond delicious.  I can't even think about it or I may drool on my keyboard.  

I am so sorry about your MIL.  I know that sometimes I just want to shake mine and say ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!  ARE YOU LISTENING??  Alas, that is totally out of line so I just go home and : banghead.gif hahaha.  I hope you're able to get the hotel room!  A trip to the cape sounds so nice.  We used to go when I was a kid but haven't been in almost 20 years.  Maybe when Z is just a touch older we'll go up in the early fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post

Welcome back, Mama!  and HOORAY for being done for awhile and having time to just enjoy the summer!  What's all this talk about the Red Sox, though, ladies?  lol.gif  (my daughter's room has the facade of Yankee stadium around it with a giant NY insignia on it... my request, not DH...I am crazy about baseball season, I'll admit it.)   What an experience to have!  It's the 100th anniversary of the stadium, too, so I bet there will be all sorts of fun to be had!!  

Quote:

Does he like it any better now that he's had more than 2 hours on the job??  $20/hr is amazing!  

Quote:

wildcraft really could be for anyone over about four. i've played it with a ten year old girl and a twelve year old boy. tons of fun! its a co-operative game so everyone is working together instead of being one winner, the whole group finishes and wins.

my mothers day is going to be next week. my mom is driving home from texas and won't be here until the end of the week. i'll tell everyone about it then. we had the mayday parade here. omg. it was so incredible! LOVE the mayday parade. if you want you can look on hotb.com website and check it out. it is the best thing about spring/summer here. i am working on labels still, they are so beautiful. i cannot wait to show them off. today is my dad to work at the coop grocery store, i work in the produce section and i love it. its a lot of work but its also fun. i'll be back later, gators.

Love that wildcraft is cooperative.  I'm looking for more games like that as Z gets older and for future use in the classroom.  We had a great game called "snails pace race" that was for younger kids but basically the snails raced and a certain color won but for each turn you just moved the snail who's color came up.  No one was assigned a color.  Does that make sense?  

Take pics of the labels and goodies!!  I went to hotb.com and it was a video game of some kind.  Am I missing something?  

Today was supposed to be a washout but it's looking beautiful.  I think Z and I will head out here in a few and get some more seeds planted.  Still haven't decided where my thyme will go.  Hope it's not too late!! 

#89 of 143 Old 05-15-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:

Welcome back, Mama!  and HOORAY for being done for awhile and having time to just enjoy the summer!  What's all this talk about the Red Sox, though, ladies?  lol.gif  (my daughter's room has the facade of Yankee stadium around it with a giant NY insignia on it... my request, not DH...I am crazy about baseball season, I'll admit it.)   What an experience to have!  It's the 100th anniversary of the stadium, too, so I bet there will be all sorts of fun to be had!!  

I am almost perfectly equidistant between NYC & Boston.  I have to admit I love Boston more, but it's probably because I have actually lived there for a couple of brief periods while NYC is all about crazy day trips where something truly bizarre usually happens.

I have seen just as many Yankee games as the Sox... I am a baseball fan who doesn't have much of a favorite team more of a all encompassing enthusiasm for the game.  Which is fine by DH, he has like 6 favorite teams because of all the places he's lived.  Cooperstown is on the bill next year along with the Little League World Series and a side trip to the Alleghenies of NW PA to visit family. 

#90 of 143 Old 05-15-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostWow.  I took a Advertising class as one of my 8 BILLION electives in college and was so glad I did - I feel like I am a more informed consumer because of it.  

yay!  I love breakfast in bed!  

What's all this talk about the Red Sox, though, ladies?  lol.gif  (my daughter's room has the facade of Yankee stadium around it with a giant NY insignia on it... my request, not DH...I am crazy about baseball season, I'll admit it.)   What an experience to have!  It's the 100th anniversary of the stadium, too, so I bet there will be all sorts of fun to be had!!  

Quote:

Does he like it any better now that he's had more than 2 hours on the job??  $20/hr is amazing! 

I like the Sox only because I got used to hearing M go on and on and on. MA people are freaking sports-nutty! We grew up in the shadow of NYC and I was a Mets fan lifelong. M liked the Mets and the Yankees both. Now he likes the Sox and I know he likes the Yankees but won't tell anybody up there winky.gif

He says it's only day 2 but so far the answer is: he doesn't really like it thus far, but he needs the money so he's dealing with it. He says ask him again in 6 months and he might have a different answer.

$20-- he is VERY skilled at what he does. I think he's worth more than that, even! He has made $36/hour before, for engineering/designing! He's just running a machine right now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indigo73 View PostI have seen just as many Yankee games as the Sox... I am a baseball fan who doesn't have much of a favorite team more of a all encompassing enthusiasm for the game.  Which is fine by DH, he has like 6 favorite teams because of all the places he's lived.  Cooperstown is on the bill next year along with the Little League World Series and a side trip to the Alleghenies of NW PA to visit family. 

I love baseball, too. I had forgotten how much I loved it till I got back with M and ds started Little League! It's so good to be back involved with it! I'm glad there are other baseball-loving mamas on here!

Oh, mamas-- I finally go back to see M in 9 days!!! Srsly, it's been 3 months instead of two, this time, and we haven't had any proper nik-nik since New Year's, cause of we broke M's hoodly-hoo last time-- I am good and ready to have a good time this time love.gifonly I have to admit I am so freaking scared we'll break it permanently...help me through this, mamas!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page