~~~~~ May Pagan Family Thread ~~~~~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-24-2012, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Postyey! how old is ds? if it helps at all childhood fevers and illnesses in a healthy child drop off dramatically at age 7.

He's 11. He rarely gets sick at all-- I'm really lucky that he has a kick-ass immune system. Maybe it really did help to nurse him till he was 9 winky.gif

So...here I am at M's and I got here safely, but I haven't seen M yet! He's on his way home from work right now. He should be here shortly!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 07:13 AM

Revolting, I'm so sorry for your loss. Many gentle hugs to you.

Maia, glad you're safe and sound! Enjoy ;D

This weekend is going to be crazy! DH has a bachelor party tonight, a very traditional one, shall we say, that he's not overly excited about. Tomorrow night, I'm taking the bride to an Indian restaurant that has belly dancing (not Indian, LOL) and free henna (Indian), and then go play skeeball. The wedding in question is next weekend. I'm in it, and my DD is the flower girl:D That should be fun. DH and I have known the bride for 15 years, and honestly, if I think about it, I've known the groom for about that long too.

Come ponder with me about food!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View PostThis weekend is going to be crazy! DH has a bachelor party tonight, a very traditional one, shall we say, that he's not overly excited about. Tomorrow night, I'm taking the bride to an Indian restaurant that has belly dancing (not Indian, LOL) and free henna (Indian), and then go play skeeball. The wedding in question is next weekend. I'm in it, and my DD is the flower girl:D That should be fun. DH and I have known the bride for 15 years, and honestly, if I think about it, I've known the groom for about that long too.

I remember my brother's 30th birthday party. It had a huge amt of people from all over the country, mixed genders and all ages, and my brother's wife had ordered him up a stripper. Who did her whole typical stripper routine, including multiple costumes that got gone one by one, and a lap dance. With mixed company. Including my mother. My brother was SO embarrassed, you could tell (he's very conservative), and it was obvious that he was trying so hard to go along with it for the sake of the party flow, but man...a whole lot of people were VERY uncomfortable.

So here is the great news: M's hoodly-hoo works perfectly energy.gif It worked perfectly a couple of times last night, woohoo! I have to say, the breakage and healing thereof has bent it at a strange angle when it stands at attention-- it looks horribly painful, though he says it's not. But it works and it works well orngbiggrin.gif

The scary news is that when he called me from work today, on his lunch break, he told me the hand-scanner thingy they use to punch in and out did not recognize his imprint when he went to punch out for lunch. He's really worried that he's been fired. At 12:20 I said GO NOW to the office and find out what's going on; why wait till later? So he did, but didn't have time to call me back and LMK what's going on. So now I have to sit and wait, too. Cross fingers it was just a glitch or something, ye Gods, he does not need any more worry about that.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 05-25-2012, 12:45 PM

Oh jeez. Why would they fire him like that, without saying something? That would be horrendously rude. I hope it was a stupid glitch.

Come ponder with me about food!
Old 05-25-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

Oh jeez. Why would they fire him like that, without saying something? That would be horrendously rude. I hope it was a stupid glitch.

It was (where's the *wipes brow* smiley?). Dang M anyway-- he's such a worry wart! But here he goes and has ME freaking out, because he didn't apparently have time to call me back and let me know, so here I'm waiting on pins and needles going "if he's not here by 1:30 he's probably fine"...and then being on pins and needles for an hour. GRRR.

It would be rude. But he's dealt with that so many times before, it's pretty much expected greensad.gif

Old 05-27-2012, 04:43 PM

Two days since anyone's posted? Have y'all done anything for Memorial Day? Someone on my FB posted a really cool MD thing from a Pagan perspective...will have to go find and repost for you guys.

I am having such an excellent time! We are having lots of nik-nik luxlove.gif

Old 05-28-2012, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i was out most of the day and a i went to a second hand store. we needed bowls and plates. wth happened to allllll the dishes?

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:04 AM

I spent Memorial Day with my in-laws...not one of my favorite things to do. My partner and I always have a huge fight whenever we see his parents, and the pattern held for yesterday. We've reconciled, but oh how I wish they'd move to a different part of the country.

I've been feeling pretty down. Physically, the recovery seems like it's going pretty quick. I've picked back up exercising again, and that helps me feel better. I've also been working on cleaning. On top of the beautiful weather that keeps us outside a lot, I've managed to keep pretty busy. I'm a bit of a homebody, but lately, I just don't want to be at home. I want to be too busy to think.

Maia - I'm glad things worked out for M's job and you are having lots of couple time.

I'm looking forward to the new month. May has sucked, and plus it's always nice how this thread explodes at the beginning of the month.

Kids fighting. Gotta run!

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

Old 05-29-2012, 10:50 AM

Hi mamas! Stopping by since I've not been by in, what, three weeks?!?! nono.gif<-- At myself, lol. 

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been busy hauling my dad all over the great green Earth, between his PT and dr appts I've barely been home. But he's thankfully been cleared to drive and feels comfortable doing so, so hopefully my schedule will calm down some. DD is out of school now though, so chances of things slowing down seem slim, lol. But I should be home more and more available to drop by and chat. orngbiggrin.gif

I've not read through the whole thread, but I caught a few things...revolting, I'm so sorry. hug2.gif Wolfcat, um, WOW. bigeyes.gif I hope that all gets cleared up and FAST. And Maia-glad everything worked well with M. winky.gif

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

Old 05-29-2012, 01:01 PM

We had a glorious weekend here!  We spent the mornings gardening and hanging out as our little family of 3 and afternoons cooking out with friends.  It was productive and relaxing all at the same time.  I really hope the rest of the summer is like this!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post
 I'm a bit of a homebody, but lately, I just don't want to be at home. I want to be too busy to think.

I'm looking forward to the new month. May has sucked, and plus it's always nice how this thread explodes at the beginning of the month.

That makes complete sense.  hug2.gif And I also like how this thread goes crazy at the beginning of the month.  Sorry your inlaws are such terds.  You're a good partner for enduring it.  My BIL's wife hasn't spoken or been around my inlaws in 6 years, they haven't seen their grandchild in as long either.  So, you get a gold star for even going in my book! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Two days since anyone's posted? Have y'all done anything for Memorial Day? Someone on my FB posted a really cool MD thing from a Pagan perspective...will have to go find and repost for you guys.

I am having such an excellent time! We are having lots of nik-nik luxlove.gif

What did you and M do for Memorial day?  Sounds like you're getting a lot of QT - and glad everything is in working order!! hooray! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3xMama View Post

Hi mamas! Stopping by since I've not been by in, what, three weeks?!?! nono.gif<-- At myself, lol. 

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been busy hauling my dad all over the great green Earth, between his PT and dr appts I've barely been home. But he's thankfully been cleared to drive and feels comfortable doing so, so hopefully my schedule will calm down some. DD is out of school now though, so chances of things slowing down seem slim, lol. But I should be home more and more available to drop by and chat. orngbiggrin.gif

I've not read through the whole thread, but I caught a few things...revolting, I'm so sorry. hug2.gif Wolfcat, um, WOW. bigeyes.gif I hope that all gets cleared up and FAST. And Maia-glad everything worked well with M. winky.gif

Yay!  Welcome back!  How great to hear your dad is feeling better! yay!  joy.gif

Currently praying for a thunderstorm! It's been pretty hot hot hot for May in Upstate NY here.  It will also do all my little plants good to have a good soak.  We *finally* got everything in this weekend.  My DH has only one section of fence to finish!  Wahooo!  Pumpkins going in next month.  Anyone have any good *happy garden* rituals?

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

Old 05-29-2012, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I just got back last night from the Heartland Pagan Festival at the Gaea Retreat Center near KC, KS. It is sooo beautiful there! almost 170 acres of mostly wild-growing forest and a huge lake with trails and ritual spaces. We got there Thursday afternoon and set up the tent, etc. We knew NO BODY there. We went for a walk and got lost on the south trail around the lake for two hours! We got back just in time for the deluge, so we ate homemade pita and jerky while it rained.

I ran into Wendy Rule that night on the way to the showers! She is so petite and so beautiful and her voice IS that awesome! She had a concert on Sat. night and I was totally front-row/center. Then we met Selena Fox and her husband, Dennis, at the ritual that night. Such a wonderfully open and happy woman! We chatted for at least 30 min... THAT time!

Friday morning, we were summoned over to our neighbor's pop-up for coffee and ended up chatting for almost two hours! Then I ran into Kerr Cuhulain on the way to the porta-potty... lol We went down and ate breakfast with Chris Penczak and his husband Steve. We had a great conversation for about an hour or more.

Then we ran into Ed the Pagan of Pagan's Tonight. We talked to him for about 2 hours, during which he told us that our channel, Pagan Musings, was almost as large as the Pagan's Tonight Channel - and they are one of the largest pagan podcasts out there!!

Saturday, after attending Kerr's workshop on Magical Self-Defense, we had lunch with him. I got to talk about Quantum Paganism with him for over an hour!

We attended a Panel Discussion on Sat., in which all of the speakers talked about what they thought was the future for the Craft and the community.

I can't remember how many discussions we had with all of these people, but I would say we spent at least 5 hours total with Selena, 5+ with Chris & Steve, 3 hours with Kerr, 5 with Ed, supper with Murphy's Midnight Rounders, quick (30 min or less) chat with Big Bad Gina, another chat with Wendy Rule...

We went to several workshops, including:

• Spiritwork by Steve in which we discussed drawing down and possession by spirits - how to prepare oneself for becoming possessed in order to facilitate communication with spirits/gods
  • Three Rays of Paganism by Chris in which we discussed the concepts of visions (or downloads orngbiggrin.gif) and the path of spirituality
  • Selena held a Pagan Death Passages ritual, with a keening. Not. A. Dry. Eye. I can't do rituals with her anymore... she's so darn good! She'll ruin me for any one else... orngtongue.gif
  • Kerr did Magical Self-Defense (the only one of his I got to attend) and it was fabulous! I didn't learn much new from it, but he ran us through a series of exercises that was like training for a marathon. WOW!
  • Selena led a discussion on Crone Power.
  • I went to the Women's Mysteries, which I will attend every single possible time (cuz we are going next year as vendors thumb.gif). It was so affirming and beautiful. We had a trans woman there and no one ever even thought twice about it. She and I had a lovely talk afterwards about how coming to Heartland is such a wonderful experience.
  • DH went to Magical Self-Defense Pt 2 and Modern Knighthood by Kerr. He says they were awesome.
  • We attended and participated in a Brigid's Healing Ritual led by Selena.
  • We watched most of (there was too much cross-over on times) an Armoring Ritual led by Kerr.
  • I went to the Witch's Coin with Chris to talk about Prosperity in Paganism.
  • DH & I went to the Heathen Symbel, which was a LOT of fun.

Then there was the Lane. Leather Lane. The Lushes of Leather Lane. We call them the Party Pagans, cuz they really didn't go to any workshops, but if there was a fire, they were there with alcohol. We got an invite to the Lane on Friday. We went down the Lane on Sunday. I ended up in a chair front and center. I ended up with the "Lane Name" of "Bellybutton". We watched them compete for prizes doing naked Twister. They passed much alcohol. We ended up with surprise guests at the Lane: Flannigan's Right Hook with these two guys, roadie (the guy in green) and Gorgeous, a fan. I drummed for the band, then they drummed for me. My business partner and I did aura readings for the band. That's all the details on that, cuz what happens in Leather Lane stays in Leather Lane. biggrinbounce.gif

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:47 AM

test

Valérie   
Old 05-30-2012, 05:50 AM

Waou! I can post! energy.gif

Wolfcat, it all sounds amazing! orngbiggrin.gif

Hope to be able to come back soon... It's a very busy time for me right now... Lots of thing going on on the homeschooling front...

Valérie   
Old 05-30-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View PostI've been feeling pretty down. Physically, the recovery seems like it's going pretty quick. I've picked back up exercising again, and that helps me feel better. I've also been working on cleaning. On top of the beautiful weather that keeps us outside a lot, I've managed to keep pretty busy. I'm a bit of a homebody, but lately, I just don't want to be at home. I want to be too busy to think.

I was wondering how you're doing hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostWhat did you and M do for Memorial day?  Sounds like you're getting a lot of QT - and glad everything is in working order!! hooray!

Memorial Day....um....more nik-nik winky.gif

Yeah, quiet time, it was SO NICE to start and end the day without ubersnark. DS is really getting out of hand with that, and the negativity. And he's only 11! WTF do I have to look forward to in his teen years, if this is that bad?

M actually did say that sometimes intercourse is a tad painful. His poor part really took quite a bend to it. He wants to go to a doctor once he's permanently hired (he's through a temp agency right now) and his insurance kicks in. I looked it up online and there are plenty of exercises you can do to stretch that one side, or you can get one of those so-called "enlargers" which is really a traction device, but he won't have any of it. I'm worried that a doc would only recommend surgery-- which, for that particular part, would very likely only make things worse.

We're both really relieved that it works, though! He took a manhood hit, too, which I had no idea. I was like, look, nobody's ever going to see it but me, and I don't mind, and if we have to finagle things a little differently, then so be it. I love him regardless.

Actually on Saturday, M took me to this little bar/grill place that's rather famous locally. He had mozzarella sticks and I had a big Greek salad with grilled shrimp. It's nice that he has money and can take me out! Then we went to the movies to see Dark Shadows. We both grew up with the original soap opera, and I read every single book, I think, so we were anxious to see how that turned out. I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View PostI just got back last night from the Heartland Pagan Festival at the Gaea Retreat Center near KC, KS. It is sooo beautiful there!

Sounds like a mini-PSG. I have met Selena and Dennis umpteen times; they are pretty approachable. I'm so glad you had fun!

I am back in NC now. Poor Caregiver-- ds really gave her a snarkfest nearly the whole time. She's on the fence about taking care of him again huh.gif OMG, she just has to. I told ds so help me if I can't go see M anymore because of you, believe me, your life is going to SUCK from here on in. When he gets home from school today, I am sitting his arse down and making him compose a sorry letter to her. And maybe taking some of his money to buy her a gift card.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
. I looked it up online and there are plenty of exercises you can do to stretch that one side, or you can get one of those so-called "enlargers" which is really a traction device, but he won't have any of it. 

sounds like it is getting exercise. lol. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:46 PM

Still here. Things have just been nutzoid around here. I feel like every time I turn around my life is in upheaval. This month has just been over the top. My family's financial situation has changed drastically. DH and I moved in two friends into the back apartment to help with those financial issues, and get the friends out of bad living situations. DD's schedule has been maddening. For instance, her ballet class is officially over but this week we have 4 evenings we have to dedicate to dance because of rehearsals and performances. There's 3 huge projects that we have not completed for the summer -- re-building the pop-up camper, getting things ready for the farmers market, and having that garage sale. Plus, ever since my birthday (May 1) my relationship with my parents is on the rocks. I'm now 8 months pregnant, and that isn't helping anything. Thinking about how life will change even more with the new baby is stressing me out. I'm so ready to have him, but that thought alone is eating me away with guilt, and sucking any joy out of the last few weeks of my pregnancy. And, it's not like there's a whole lot of joy around this part of the pregnancy to spread around anyway. Mostly I'm just whining about how hard it is to maintain anything being so huge and tired all the time, and how done with this pregnancy I am. At this point though, how can I be ready to have this baby when things are so out of whack? Ugh. Can I just have a reset button? I was riding high all the way through April, and now at the end of May everything is SO different.

Sorry for the rant. I really just haven't even been able to get all of it out. It seems like I've just been bouncing from one issue to the next without even having the time to reflect on each individual situation.

Catching up quickly from the last couple of weeks:

Everyone - Hope you all had a great mother's day!

Mommy2Austin - Hope that week at your dad's place was a welcome vacation from life at home, and that your oldest had a wonderful birthday.

Ian'smommaya - That's so cool about your aromatherapy line.

Vydalea - That birthday cake for Z sounded delicious!

Wolfcat - Crazy situation with your DB! I hope everything resolves smoothly and that he receives some help. On the upside, that pagan festival sounds like it was a FANTASTIC experience.

Valerie.QC - I'm sorry you had to attend those funerals. I hope the logistics ended up working out. Let us know how the homeschool convention goes. I've heard that Widcraft is super fun. Is your DD enjoying it? Hope your meetup with DD1 went well too.

Maiasaura - So glad about M's job going pretty well, and that you got to see him finally! I'm sorry DS gave caregiver a hard time. Do you think it was in anyway due to him being sick before you left?

Witchygrrl - That birthday dinner sounded awesome... MmmmMMM Steak! Sorry about your MIL "helping" with your travel plans. Have you been on that vacation yet? How was it?

Indigo73 - I think that's neat that you still help out the little league team even when your LO is not on the team anymore.

Revolting - I'm so sorry for your loss. If keeping busy is helping then keep on keeping on. I wish you peace.

3XMama - That's awesome that your dad is doing well enough to drive. I hope he keeps on improving! :)

SAHMhippie.gif married to DH treehugger.gif since 09/11. Mama to DD (01/08)dust.gifand DS (06/12) babyboy.gif

Old 05-30-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Postsounds like it is getting exercise. lol. 

Smartass ~smacks Lioness upside the head~ biglaugh.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaInTheDesert View PostStill here. Things have just been nutzoid around here. I feel like every time I turn around my life is in upheaval. 

Maiasaura - So glad about M's job going pretty well, and that you got to see him finally! I'm sorry DS gave caregiver a hard time. Do you think it was in anyway due to him being sick before you left?

Man, you are really going through stuff! It's probably pregnancy ick? I remember being BigHuge and everything sucked. But at least it was January and not hot.

You know, maybe. And maybe it was also because of me leaving; he does seem to ramp up the behavior when I go, BUT, you would think he'd be used to it-- it's been 2-1/2 years now! And this time it's been 3 months since we've seen one another. He knows how much it meant to me. But maybe he's just....well, eleven.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:

Smartass ~smacks Lioness upside the head~ biglaugh.gif

ROTFLMAO.gif

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Good Golly Ladies -- I look up and tomorrow is June 1st!

Hubby has been on a busn trip for the last week and a half and won't be back for several more days. With trips this long I tend to put my head down and not pay much attention to anything else.

At least this year hubby will be home for our anniversary -- he had to be gone last year. 

I really love June. Next week we will have been married 18 years. heartbeat.gif What a ride. love.gif

Someone a few posts ago mentioned Quantum Paganism. I had no idea that such a thing was being discussed 'out there.' I've been mulling over my own path which I've named Quantum Bu-Ganism for a while now (Quantum Mechanics + Buddhism + Paganism) which resonates with me. 

Watched a documentary on netflix yesterday called The Quantum Activist. Loved IT!!

Today is park day with our homeschooling group -- so I need to get off the computer and start getting ready.

Toodles, Ladies! See you next month! winky.gif

Maryhippie.gif

Old 05-31-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xMama View Post

I'm glad your father is doing better! And I will like seeing you more on the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

We had a glorious weekend here!  We spent the mornings gardening and hanging out as our little family of 3 and afternoons cooking out with friends.  It was productive and relaxing all at the same time.  I really hope the rest of the summer is like this! 

Currently praying for a thunderstorm! It's been pretty hot hot hot for May in Upstate NY here.  It will also do all my little plants good to have a good soak.  We *finally* got everything in this weekend.  My DH has only one section of fence to finish!  Wahooo!  Pumpkins going in next month.  Anyone have any good *happy garden* rituals?

Oh, I need to get two of my planters planted. I meant to do it a bit ago, but it's been a rough month. My garden rituals have been very, very simple. I encourage the kids to talk to the plants, and when we water them, we sing, "Inch by Inch," which isn't specifically a Pagan song, but it's a prayer for the plants (at least the way we sing it: as a folk song, there's a few versions out there). Here's the lyrics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post

I just got back last night from the Heartland Pagan Festival at the Gaea Retreat Center near KC, KS. It is sooo beautiful there! almost 170 acres of mostly wild-growing forest and a huge lake with trails and ritual spaces. We got there Thursday afternoon and set up the tent, etc. We knew NO BODY there. We went for a walk and got lost on the south trail around the lake for two hours! We got back just in time for the deluge, so we ate homemade pita and jerky while it rained.

I ran into Wendy Rule that night on the way to the showers! She is so petite and so beautiful and her voice IS that awesome! She had a concert on Sat. night and I was totally front-row/center. Then we met Selena Fox and her husband, Dennis, at the ritual that night. Such a wonderfully open and happy woman! We chatted for at least 30 min... THAT time!

Friday morning, we were summoned over to our neighbor's pop-up for coffee and ended up chatting for almost two hours! Then I ran into Kerr Cuhulain on the way to the porta-potty... lol We went down and ate breakfast with Chris Penczak and his husband Steve. We had a great conversation for about an hour or more.

Then we ran into Ed the Pagan of Pagan's Tonight. We talked to him for about 2 hours, during which he told us that our channel, Pagan Musings, was almost as large as the Pagan's Tonight Channel - and they are one of the largest pagan podcasts out there!!

Saturday, after attending Kerr's workshop on Magical Self-Defense, we had lunch with him. I got to talk about Quantum Paganism with him for over an hour!

We attended a Panel Discussion on Sat., in which all of the speakers talked about what they thought was the future for the Craft and the community.

I can't remember how many discussions we had with all of these people, but I would say we spent at least 5 hours total with Selena, 5+ with Chris & Steve, 3 hours with Kerr, 5 with Ed, supper with Murphy's Midnight Rounders, quick (30 min or less) chat with Big Bad Gina, another chat with Wendy Rule...

We went to several workshops, including:

• Spiritwork by Steve in which we discussed drawing down and possession by spirits - how to prepare oneself for becoming possessed in order to facilitate communication with spirits/gods
  • Three Rays of Paganism by Chris in which we discussed the concepts of visions (or downloads orngbiggrin.gif) and the path of spirituality
  • Selena held a Pagan Death Passages ritual, with a keening. Not. A. Dry. Eye. I can't do rituals with her anymore... she's so darn good! She'll ruin me for any one else... orngtongue.gif
  • Kerr did Magical Self-Defense (the only one of his I got to attend) and it was fabulous! I didn't learn much new from it, but he ran us through a series of exercises that was like training for a marathon. WOW!
  • Selena led a discussion on Crone Power.
  • I went to the Women's Mysteries, which I will attend every single possible time (cuz we are going next year as vendors thumb.gif). It was so affirming and beautiful. We had a trans woman there and no one ever even thought twice about it. She and I had a lovely talk afterwards about how coming to Heartland is such a wonderful experience.
  • DH went to Magical Self-Defense Pt 2 and Modern Knighthood by Kerr. He says they were awesome.
  • We attended and participated in a Brigid's Healing Ritual led by Selena.
  • We watched most of (there was too much cross-over on times) an Armoring Ritual led by Kerr.
  • I went to the Witch's Coin with Chris to talk about Prosperity in Paganism.
  • DH & I went to the Heathen Symbel, which was a LOT of fun.

Then there was the Lane. Leather Lane. The Lushes of Leather Lane. We call them the Party Pagans, cuz they really didn't go to any workshops, but if there was a fire, they were there with alcohol. We got an invite to the Lane on Friday. We went down the Lane on Sunday. I ended up in a chair front and center. I ended up with the "Lane Name" of "Bellybutton". We watched them compete for prizes doing naked Twister. They passed much alcohol. We ended up with surprise guests at the Lane: Flannigan's Right Hook with these two guys, roadie (the guy in green) and Gorgeous, a fan. I drummed for the band, then they drummed for me. My business partner and I did aura readings for the band. That's all the details on that, cuz what happens in Leather Lane stays in Leather Lane. biggrinbounce.gif

That sounds like so much fun!

Quote:

Memorial Day....um....more nik-nik winky.gif

Yeah, quiet time, it was SO NICE to start and end the day without ubersnark. DS is really getting out of hand with that, and the negativity. And he's only 11! WTF do I have to look forward to in his teen years, if this is that bad?

M actually did say that sometimes intercourse is a tad painful. His poor part really took quite a bend to it. He wants to go to a doctor once he's permanently hired (he's through a temp agency right now) and his insurance kicks in. I looked it up online and there are plenty of exercises you can do to stretch that one side, or you can get one of those so-called "enlargers" which is really a traction device, but he won't have any of it. I'm worried that a doc would only recommend surgery-- which, for that particular part, would very likely only make things worse.

We're both really relieved that it works, though! He took a manhood hit, too, which I had no idea. I was like, look, nobody's ever going to see it but me, and I don't mind, and if we have to finagle things a little differently, then so be it. I love him regardless.

Actually on Saturday, M took me to this little bar/grill place that's rather famous locally. He had mozzarella sticks and I had a big Greek salad with grilled shrimp. It's nice that he has money and can take me out! Then we went to the movies to see Dark Shadows. We both grew up with the original soap opera, and I read every single book, I think, so we were anxious to see how that turned out. I loved it.

I am back in NC now. Poor Caregiver-- ds really gave her a snarkfest nearly the whole time. She's on the fence about taking care of him again huh.gif OMG, she just has to. I told ds so help me if I can't go see M anymore because of you, believe me, your life is going to SUCK from here on in. When he gets home from school today, I am sitting his arse down and making him compose a sorry letter to her. And maybe taking some of his money to buy her a gift card.

I'm glad you had fun. Too bad he can't get it looked at sooner. And I hope your caregiver and son reconcile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post

Good Golly Ladies -- I look up and tomorrow is June 1st!

Hubby has been on a busn trip for the last week and a half and won't be back for several more days. With trips this long I tend to put my head down and not pay much attention to anything else.

At least this year hubby will be home for our anniversary -- he had to be gone last year. 

I really love June. Next week we will have been married 18 years. heartbeat.gif What a ride. love.gif

Someone a few posts ago mentioned Quantum Paganism. I had no idea that such a thing was being discussed 'out there.' I've been mulling over my own path which I've named Quantum Bu-Ganism for a while now (Quantum Mechanics + Buddhism + Paganism) which resonates with me. 

Watched a documentary on netflix yesterday called The Quantum Activist. Loved IT!!

Today is park day with our homeschooling group -- so I need to get off the computer and start getting ready.

Toodles, Ladies! See you next month! winky.gif

Congrats! What is Quantum Paganism? I've never heard of it, and the first few hits on google don't seem to help. (One was a porno site, which discouraged me from further looking around.)

Mamas, please talk to me about dreamwork. I've been having the most horrible nightmares lately. (Last night I dreamed that because my baby died, child protective services was investigating me to decide whether to take my other kids away.) I'm hoping to make one of those herbal dream pillows today with the kids. Any other ideas?

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

Old 05-31-2012, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

Mamas, please talk to me about dreamwork. I've been having the most horrible nightmares lately. (Last night I dreamed that because my baby died, child protective services was investigating me to decide whether to take my other kids away.) I'm hoping to make one of those herbal dream pillows today with the kids. Any other ideas?

When I had my pg loss (10 years ago next month -- 21 weeks gestation) I had horrid, vivid, plaguing dreams. I found journaling was key to my recovery/grief process. I wrote everything out: all dreams I could remember, what it made me think of, all the emotions I was being pummeled by, all my irritations with my hubby, friends who drifted away, people who made me feel tainted and thereby untouchable, my child (then nearly 3) who didn't understand at all.........no matter how awful or socially unacceptable I could journal all of it. It helped. I usually sobbed through it and that was cathartic. 
Over many weeks I could see the intensity of my grief changing. I could see that my dreams where less and less harrowing and morphing into healing.

At the one year mark I read through all my journaling from that hard, hard time (and I was 7mos pg with my next baby, so super emotional again anyway) It helped me to see how much healing had occurred in the intervening year.

I had a private ceremony that evening where I burned the journals -- it felt like releasing that energy that I didn't need anymore. heartbeat.gif

hug2.gif

Maryhippie.gif

Old 05-31-2012, 08:22 AM

that is such a good idea.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1354735/jumping-in-to-june-pagan-family-thread

It's June! 

So I started a June thread for us. love.gif

Maryhippie.gif

User Tag List