Are there any spiritualist/metaphysical mommas out there? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2002, 01:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jeanvanzyl- Hi! I am reading CWG right now. I am on the second book and I really feel like these books are "right on" as far as explaining God and life to me. It has been changing me in so many ways. My Mom went to see Neale Walsch at a retreat last February and she was quite inspired.

I like this thread, thanks for all the great links and books, ladies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2002, 01:51 AM

oops! artemesia - I missed your Twyman links. I will check them out.

Peace Will Prevail!

-Deirdre
Old 08-01-2002, 12:59 PM

Hello! I don't have a "title" for myself and my beliefs, but I would say that this is the category in which I am most comfortable.
Reading the book "The Tao of Physics" opened my eyes to how closely intertwined spirituality and science really is. It blows my mind to think that after all these years of scientists thinking they were observing experiments, they were actually active participants because of the way they perceived and thought about the experiments, thus influencing their outcomes. Make sense? Hard to explain in twenty words or less!
And about how the entire Universe is made up of and runs on conciousness, both collective and singular... and how the microcosm of DNA, for example, reflects, like a hologram, the macrocosm of the Universe... that there is no cause and affect, because there is no beginning and end... just events set in motion through the thoughts and actions of single people and the minds of humans, as a whole...
OMG, I drank too much coffee. I am getting out of hand and starting to sound like one of those crazy people that ramble on and on and on and on and on and on...
Old 08-02-2002, 01:00 AM

funny you should mention the connection between science and spirituality Candiland. I just decided to change my major from philosophy to physics. From what i have read this summer, the real philosophy is going on in the quantum physics departments, which is what a professor said to me a year ago, but it didn't make any sense to me then.
I must get a copy of the book you mention, thanks for the resource.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:23 AM

I definitely fit here as well. I've been meaning to check in.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:08 AM

Artemesia-
What do you think of the latest "Thomas" messages?
Old 08-02-2002, 03:03 PM

Candiland and Artemesia - If you are interested in the science and spirituality I just thought you may be interested in this website:

http://www.greggbraden.net/about.php3

This fellow, Gregg Braden, is fascinating. My mom has heard him speak. He is a scientist and discusses quantum physics, DNA and the "vibrations" and how we can literally change someone's DNA through our thoughts...it is all a little "beyond" me intellectually but I would love to hear him speak...

He and James Twyman collaborated on their book Praying Peace

Also have you checked out the Emmisary of Light website (James Twyman's?)

http://www.emissaryoflight.com/index.htm
Old 08-02-2002, 06:40 PM

well, if there is any place I can answer your question clancysmum without fear of sounding completely batty, I guess it would be here. I did the bath thing for two days (for some reason I was moved to not do it last night), and a lot of thoughts opened up inside of myself. It was rather like having a conversation of sorts, except that it was all internal. The thing is, I have thought so many things on my own over the past several months, then have read the same things in several different places. It seems to me that there are many people and "groups" which are doing the same thing (awakening, evolving, changing the paradigm, hijacking consensus reality etc., however ytou want to put it), they are just going about it in different ways, some groups are catered to the cyberpunk flavor, others to the new agers, some have a christian bent, well you get the idea. The same message is worded in many different "languages" in order to connect to as many people as possible. I have had nearly identical conversations with three different friends, one is a tattooed and pierced guy who's into gay s&m sex, one is a middle aged married devote catholic, one is a guy my age who is the "granola" type. I find it very interesting that such different people are having the same thoughts and epiphanies, though when you realize that there is ultimatley no other, only one, it isn't that strange at all. Has any of this made sense?
Old 08-02-2002, 07:29 PM

I'm not sure exactly how to describe my belief. I don't believe in one or many god(s) just that there is an entity. I even question whether this entity has a sex. I do believe in spirituality and the ability of beings to tune into and or manupilate the spirit of all living beings. My siblings and I were raised reading and hearing about many different religions. I also majored in Anthropology in college. I have come to the conclusion that basically one needs to RESPECT all things and treat them well. This I think would bring much needed harmony. I do believe in out of body experiences and aura manipulation as well as healing meditation. I was exposed to such groups at a young age and have participated in some unusual, by most standards, meditation circles. Anyway, glad to see I am not the only nonmainstream religious person on the boards. I am just now trying to figure out how to expalin these things to my ds. And I definitely don't fit in the community that I now reside in.
Old 08-06-2002, 05:38 PM

Hi... I am new here and felt like adding something to this very interesting post. I am from Sedona, AZ and if any of you know about the place you know where I am coming from. I grew up with chanelling, crystal power, all kinds of healing, you name it I have seen, been a part of, or heard about it. Now, I am a conversations with god reading, yoga loving, spriitual child of godess. I do however have a hard time with these people who think they are the cure all end all to humanity. I have met so many healers (i am one myself, but without the ego I hope) who's egos are bigger than the Grand Canyon. I know it all so I cannot be touched mentality. I also know so many body natzies that preach their issues with "bad things". I am a very spiritual woman with a hint of cynisism and bitterness. I take great care of my body but I also enjoys lifes little pleasure (like champagne). Some increadible books I have read are... CWG, Way Of The Peacefull Warrior, A Womans Worth, Then One Day My Soul Just Opened Up, Atlas Shrugged, just to name a few. So wonderfull to meet you all and read you veiws and opinions. Thank you

User Tag List