Are there any spiritualist/metaphysical mommas out there? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 05-21-2002, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a metaphysician and fall under the spiritualist church.. anyone out there have those same beliefs? i'm feelin all alone here..lol.. especially since all of tyhe homsechool lists i can find are christian!! AHHH!
#2 of 40 Old 05-21-2002, 03:45 AM

'scuse me. What's metaphysical?

a

The anti-Ezzo king
#3 of 40 Old 05-21-2002, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

There are so many different kinds of metaphysicians.. but to me it is a way of life where everything is mind. mind over matter is one aspect, but also intuition into spirituality and nature. A metaphysician is one with spirit.. we are spirit.. We believe that we are a spark of life that makes up spirit. we can change anything and everything. we can float, heal and speak without movement. we strive to further our knowledge and break down those conscious and subconscious barries so that we will be completely in tune as we once were. We practice numerology, holistic health, tarot etc. everything can be changed by one person. we believe in reincarnation. it's rather hard to explain. i even just spent some time looking for a simple definition that i could give you.. and well.. it didn't work.. so this si what i think of when i think of metaphysics.
#4 of 40 Old 05-21-2002, 08:49 AM

Any other takers?

a

The anti-Ezzo king
#5 of 40 Old 05-21-2002, 09:28 AM

I qualify as I believe in reincarnation (& have since I was a child),I am also Catholic-married one & went through classes to become a member.It is important to me to have a church for the family but I teach the kids & hubby about spirit,life,reincarnation,"thoughts are things",Edgar Cayce teachings,etc.
I do not like the limits we place on religious beliefs.There is so much good to be found in most all faiths.

::
momma to 4
#6 of 40 Old 05-21-2002, 01:10 PM

I believe in reincarnation and that what we think affects reality. I believe there are only two paths or choices- love and fear. (Let's hope we choose love-especially now) I don't believe any soul is evil. All everyone wants is to be loved. Does this make me a Spiritualist?
#7 of 40 Old 05-21-2002, 01:18 PM

"intuition into spirituality and nature. A metaphysician is one with spirit.. we are spirit.. We believe that we are a spark of life that makes up spirit. we can change anything and everything. we can float, heal and speak without movement. we strive to further our knowledge and break down those conscious and subconscious barries so that we will be completely in tune as we once were. "

Sounds lovely...I am a mutt of religion and an infant on the spirituality ward.... But I try and am taking this crazy eccletic path of mine one day at a time....

Three cheers to squirrelgurl!!!!!!
Love to ALL...
#8 of 40 Old 05-21-2002, 04:00 PM

I don't have a label or definition for my beliefs, which are certainly evolving each day, but I have experienced reincarnation and the ability to impact the physical world through spiritual practices. I homeschool too, in large part because I want my children exposed to many, many ideas/perceptions. We talk all the time about the many theories/stories explaining life and origins, and about where spiriitual messages are found--animals are our favorite relayers of spiritual information. I agree it's good to be inclusive concerning religious beliefs, but sometimes religious teachings leave little room for individual experiences of spirituality. If you're Catholic, for example, don't you have to believe in The Father as creator of all? Where does this leave the woman whose fundamental understanding of spirituality is found through her own experience of creation, in pregnancy and childbirth? I don't mean this as an attack whatsoever, but as an inquiry. I could ramble on here as I find this subject very interesting, but I will leave it at this.
#9 of 40 Old 06-04-2002, 06:08 PM

Hi amandajf- I was raised in the Church of Religious Science, and although we did not practice all the things you mentioned, there were several things you mentioned that we did. If you have seen any of my other posts here on the Spirituality page you will already know that I am very much in seeker mode right now. The CofRS did not fit exactly, and although I have very much enjoyed my time in a more traditional Christian church (dh is traditional Christian), that doesn't quite fit either. I tend to see the same truths in both teachings, just that they use different words. You can imagine that doesn't go over well with some of my conservative Christian friends- two of them have told me I am going to Hell.
Anyway, have you ever read Ernest Holmes? His book The Science of Mind is the book that Religious Science based itself on. Also, have you read any Norman Vincent Peal? He is great.
I would be very interested in staying in touch with you about metaphysical thinking as I have no one in my life right now with that background.
Interestingly enough, I have never been able to find a simple definition either when trying to define metaphysics!
#10 of 40 Old 06-04-2002, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys! this is very cool for me to find other moms finding their own pathsin this direction! I do attend a class weekly taught by my mentor who is an ordained minister with the spiritualist church... but its weird not having anyone to discuss things with? like raising kids.. howyouexplain things.. you know? Especially when all of our family is christian and they over hear me referring to jesus as a master metaphysician who could stophis heart for three days and rise again.. lol... thanks for responding! Maybe we can share some things and glean as we go!
#11 of 40 Old 06-05-2002, 11:54 PM

I believe essentially the same thing as squirrelgirl has stated....

I believe we are perfect souls and that our purpose is to remember who we really are....and we will continue to show up here until we have remembered it....I believe that we, all of us, are GOD in that we are all a part of God. I also believe we approach everything in life either out of Love or Fear. I believe that we, on some level, create everything that is happening in the world...good and bad, including hunger and drought. I believe that we can change the world by changing the way we think about the world.....

Amandajf - have you read or studied any Course in Miracles material?....I have read some and it seems very "metaphysical" to me....the idea that our lives are an "illusion" that we have created.....

Anyway, this is very interesting....thanks
#12 of 40 Old 06-06-2002, 03:01 AM

hi Amanda, I believe we know each other I am mary from Fort Pierce, < treasure coast breastfeeding taskforce- the new girl >
When I homeschooled locally I found it to be pretty christian oriented also but didnt have a problem with it, Everyone was very nice,Where is this spiritualist church you are going to? Have you been to Spiritual Path on 25th in FP? just curious,
blessing blossoms
#13 of 40 Old 06-09-2002, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Hi! No i didn't read that course.. right nowmy class is all i have timefpor lately...

Himary.. never tried that church.. we're notexactly churhc people anyway.. no one in this house wakes up before 10am and the thought of getting everyone dressed and in the van for church by 10am scares me to no end! lol.. am i just that slow? lol
#14 of 40 Old 06-12-2002, 03:38 AM

Squirrelgirl, I have come to the very same conclusion lately, that everything in our lives is either based on Love or Fear. Hate is not truly the opposite of love, because it is merely a sympton of fear, as we can only hate what we fear.
I have been going through an incredible spiritual/metaphysical awakening lately, and have realized so many things. Each new layer of understanding that is unvieled brings with it an even greater feeling of bliss, and a slap on the forehead and a loud "duh" because I can now see that it was in front of me the whole time, just obscured by petty worries and fear.
Ditch your fears and anything is possible.
#15 of 40 Old 06-19-2002, 04:12 PM

Hello everyone!!

Interesting thread....While I do not consider myself of any specific religion, I definitely "dig" the metaphysical, spiritual perspective.
My husband and I have been on our spiritual quest since we met each other nearly 10 yrs ago.

Currently my understanding of metaphysics has been greatly broadened since dh and I have taken some healing touch levels. (Anyone familiar?) It has been truly amazing to witness the mind over matter aspect when doing healing touch on ourselves and on others. To be clear though, this healing does not come from us, it comes from that absolute source.

At any rate I was just "casting my vote' for metaphysics/spiritualism. Its so refreshing to discuss this openly with people who understand!!

Peace and love - N

Just to add: I definitely believe in the fear and love choices. Hate comes of love filtered thru a fearful heart. There is only one great energy, LOVE, of course!!!
#16 of 40 Old 06-19-2002, 07:16 PM

Wow! Ladies, it is wonderful to read you all talking about the ideas and feelings that are so precious to me, but that I would never say to most people!

You have all expressed it so well, by saying that in the end, the only substance in the universe is Love, and that we spend this trip to the earth trying to *remember* that! :-)

There is a wonderfully gifted psychic/healer here in Dallas who holds a circle of healing and enlightenment every Tuesday night. We all gather to pray for ourselves, for our families, for the earth, and then the healer connects to the other side and brings us messages from our families and from our spirit guides.

It is very cool, and I love being around others who don't think that I am a weirdo! :-) If you ever met me, you'd laugh b/c most people *think* that I am really normal. :-) I have them all FOOLED! BWWAAHAAHAA!! ;-)

Anyway, I am happy that you are all here. And also that I am here! And of course, that I am reading my fave bulletin boards instead of working! ;-)

Jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#17 of 40 Old 06-28-2002, 02:01 PM

Location: South of Music City, East of Graceland, North of The Farm
Quote:
Originally posted by artemesia
Ditch your fears and anything is possible.
So simple, so true, yet so seemingly difficult for so many!

These are the things that I have found to be true for me: The dimension we live in is an illusion for our comfort (obviously less comforting for some than others). I have seen and felt healing through touch working in myself and others. I believe that the "source" is God (Jesus, Emmanuel, Counselor, Yahweh, Holy Spirit) and that anybody can learn to be the vessel, but not the source. And that anyone who demands exorbinant amounts of money for sharing their gifts should be 'ed.

I do not believe in: reincarnation (though I do believe in cellular level memory, which could be related in a way, but still retaining individualism), or that every person is, or even wants to be, "good", or that every soul is perfect. Whaddayoukiddinme? I'm about as perfect as I-10 and it's three to five potholes for every mile stretch of road.

I do think it's cool to hear what other people have to say, as I think that when ones mind closes because they believe they already have all the answers, then their journey is over, at least emotionally/spiritually and that's just sad.

Peace!
#18 of 40 Old 06-28-2002, 10:34 PM

Thought I'd add another one to the ranks. When most people ask me what my religious affiliation is I have to say I don't hold just one particular belief system. My mother raised me by her native american beliefs that we are all a part of nature - not to be separate from it. The idea that we are separate from nature or separate from another is an illusion. I have also been working for years doing bodywork which has included various forms of energy work. This along with having many pagan/goddess friends, has given me a pretty diverse sense of spirituality.

A friend once told me that there are many paths up the mountain of enlightment which is a good thing otherwise the climb would be crowded and perhaps a little boring! I think that says a lot about tolerance. It's also about understanding that the important thing is that we find the way that works for us - and not judge others who may do it differently.

Anyway, I'm so pleased that this thread was started. I'll certainly be back to check out more now that I have found all of you/us!

Mitakuye Oyasin - Goddess Bless..........Kimberly
#19 of 40 Old 06-29-2002, 04:07 AM

#20 of 40 Old 06-29-2002, 12:15 PM

Hi! Just wanted to add myself to this cool little list of mamas...
I do not have a particular "title" or religion I subscribe myself to, but I agree with pretty much everything being said here...
It's really hard for me to keep up my energy and spirit when everyone (and everything) around me seems to feel that everything is so negative and out of control... I do know a few mamas, however, that have the same beliefs as me, so I enjoy sharing the positive energy to keep myself afloat
Have any of you read "Conversations with God"?
#21 of 40 Old 06-29-2002, 01:35 PM

Hi Candiland,

I have read all three of the Conversations with God books, and I was just about to give the first one another go-round - nearly two years have passed since I first read it.

They are wonderful books, and they came to me at the perfect time. Everything I read felt so right to me.

I picked the first book up only after a friend had suggested them to me, AND after I heard Neal Donald Walsh being interviewed on NPR on a natural health show. How's that for a suggestion from God. ;-)

I read the book on a trip to Boston with my then boyfriend (now DH). What's interesting is that I fell asleep on the plane, so DH read the WHOLE book to entertain himself. The short version is that the book really changed his whole world view -- just like that.

That book opened so many new ideas to me, and we both just kept reading and reading. Here's a good list of the books we were led to:

-How to Know God by Deepak Chopra
-Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
-Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
-The Eagle and the Rose by Rosemary Altea

The last one is more about a person's journey to psychic mediumship and healer than about our relationship with God, but it is still very good and relevant, I think.

Another set of books that you might not think (at first glance) are so spiritual are the Harry Potter books. Their perspective of lovingkindness and non-judgment are so refreshing in chilgren's books!

Anyhow, what books have you ladies been drawn to, and what ideas have they inspired in you? OR, what experiences have affected your spiritual views?

Jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#22 of 40 Old 07-17-2002, 08:04 PM

this will probobly only appeal to a few of you, but those few will likely get much from it. I stumbled across this, and it has led me way deep down the rabbit hole. If you wouldn't hesitate to take the red pill rather than the blue one, then go to http://www.twentythree.co.uk/ambition1.html
#23 of 40 Old 07-17-2002, 08:55 PM

Artemesia - I'm checking out the 23. Odd, perhaps.

I will join in the thread by saying I am an Indigo as is my dd. The previous posts I pretty much agree with. So, nice to see some new people here!
#24 of 40 Old 07-17-2002, 09:08 PM

well, i tend to call myself pagan rather than metaphysical, but both could apply. here's a site i enjoy, www.orindaben.com

re: conversations w/god, the author lives in our town and has a center that offers workshops, etc. haven't made it over there yet, but sounds pretty interesting...

edited cuz i had the link wrong..
#25 of 40 Old 07-18-2002, 10:49 PM

I've just checked out "23" and maybe it's because I'm new to the computer world but could someone help explaine this site to me? I clicked on the highlighted words and found myself needing a password to get into sphere2. I think I was suppose to figure it out for myself based on the earlier part but I couldn't get it. Did any of you? Help....

Also, I just finished reading the book 'Inanna Returns' by V.S. Ferguson. Very interesting. It's basic premis is that we were all created by the Pleadians as a working race and things got really out of control on the planet. I found the part about humans waking up parts of their DNA that had been dorment/tampered with to be the most curious part of the story. Fiction or not - it certainly leaves one to ponder.

Another wonderful womyn story is 'The Moon Under Her Feet'. It's a story based on the time Jesus walked the earth told in the perspective of Mary Magdalin (sp?) She by the way, is portrayed as a priestess in the temple of the goddess and puts a new spin on the old biblical stories of the time. I thought it was a great read.
Mitakuye Oyasin - Kimberly
#26 of 40 Old 07-19-2002, 01:23 AM

kimberly, i have "the moon under her feet" in my library - a good read for sure. it puts an interesting spin on jesus.... on the old boards, i had a thread going about jesus and his possible connection to the goddess... but those threads are crashed, burned history!!!

re: the dormant dna, there are actually alot of books out there that talk about that, and how we are now in a time to revive the missing strands. also, some believe that the indigo children that are comming in already have all of their strands activated.. i'm far from an expert on the subject - mostly get snippets of info here and there.
#27 of 40 Old 07-19-2002, 03:04 PM

Steph -

Just wondering if you have the Indigo Children book by Lee Carol? I've been following the Kryon books for years and have gone to a few of Kryon's seminars in New Hampshire. I just love the information about the Indigo's and feel it has really helped us understand our 2 year old dd. My mother read the book after I did and she thought that I showed a lot of the same traits even though I was born in 1970. She thinks that's why I haven't really fit "in the box" all my life. Thankfully I've chosen this time on earth to incarnate otherwise it would be very difficult being a Spiritualist/Pagan/Lesbian/Healer
#28 of 40 Old 07-19-2002, 04:15 PM

Kimlee,

You have quite a lot of titles!! I love them all. Anyway, about the 23 thing... I tried that, too, and was embarrassed to say that I couldn't figure out the password, either! I thought, maybe if I read everything here, it will be obvious. But, it wasn't! Oh, well. So, don't feel too bad about it. You are in good company.

I am also very interested in the indigo phenomenon. I have an interest in DNA research, and have always thought it was a poor description to called unutilized DNA "junk" DNA. I am really glad that researchers are becoming aware of it because I think we are just awakening to the realities of human potential.

Having folks like you on these boards reassures me all the time that we humans are achieving some great things these days!

With love,

Jean

#29 of 40 Old 07-19-2002, 05:10 PM

For those interested in Indigos: www.metagifted.org. There are indigos of all ages, BTW.
#30 of 40 Old 07-31-2002, 04:49 PM

Have any of you heard of the Tomas mesages that James Twyman has been sending out? They are "sent" to him by one of the psychic children in Bulgaria, and deal with the changes in conciouseness or paradigm shift or whatever name you want to call it. I'm posting some links for an article about Twyman and the messages and the link to subscribe to the messages.
http://www.lightworks.com/MonthlyAsp...cyberweave.htm
http://www.colorhealing.com/articles/twyman.htm
http://www.topica.com/lists/ThomasMessages

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page