*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Jumping in to June - Pagan Family Thread*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 97 Old 06-17-2012, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
 He had to leave all his tools at the old job till two days ago (so, a week from being fired) and he left them, without looking at them, in his car, till today-- when he found out that some of them had been ripped off by the people at this last job, and they'd broken a drawer in his (very expensive) tool chest, too. 

Ugh. Awful.

What can he do, though?
Without proof that anyone at the other job did or stole anything, he's out of luck, isn't he?

How's the new job working out?

wave.gif wave.gif wave.gif wave.gif wave.gif

Happy Father's Day to any mamas who also do 'double duty' as dad.  clap.gif

Just coming off a 2 1/2 day migraine attack here. Ugh. When summer heat and storms build my head just pounds. Hopefully with the weather system having moved on past us, it won't recur today. dizzy.gif

Other than that, just enjoying the sunny days here. Our new neighborhood has a community pool. The kids have been enjoying the water early  before the pool gets busy and I've enjoyed sitting poolside to knit. Perfection! love.gif

I love, love, love that all my 'babies' are now old-enough to do have fun in the water without me by their side. This, so far, is my favorite stage of parenting! I get to have great conversations with them, they are still happy to get cuddled, and yet they have a measure of independence that allows me a little space. Awesome! luxlove.gif

Maryhippie.gif

#62 of 97 Old 06-17-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View PostUgh. Awful.

What can he do, though?
Without proof that anyone at the other job did or stole anything, he's out of luck, isn't he?

How's the new job working out?

Happy Father's Day to any mamas who also do 'double duty' as dad.  clap.gif

Thank you, about the single mom comment orngbiggrin.gif

He can't do anything, but he could alert the company and/or the temp agency to the behavior, so as to prevent it happening to other people. He won't, though. But srsly, I said, aren't you glad you found out that those are the kind of people you would have been working with? Yikes.

His new job is working out fine, thus far. Thank you for asking!

DS is for sure in puberty eyesroll.gif He's not had any growth spurts yet, but he is...um...not shooting blanks anymore. I'm glad he can be open with me about that, but sometimes it's TMI lol.gif

Next weekend is the public ritual for Solstice, and the weekend after that is the PWW Solstice campout. Yay!

I wish the dang house was sold. But we'll have fun. I was hoping it'd be sold by Midsummer.

What are y'all doing for Midsummer? I am going to have a special meal with ds, and maybe do a small ritual of some sort by myself or with him if he wants to, aside from the two things I just mentioned.

I can't believe it's midsummer already. I love the dark half of the year! But this summer has been so mild it's hard to believe it's half over. Which, believe me, I am grateful for-- last year was relentlessly 90+ from Beltane to Mabon. It's not usually like that, here!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#63 of 97 Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 AM

Midsummer... I'll be in P4 of the diet so I'll celebrate with Strawberry Shortcake or Strawberry Cheesecake! eat.gif

Might add strawberries to every part of the dinner! Sheepish.gif  Strawberry "bruchettas", strawberry in the salad, strawberry salsa on pork or chicken... lol.gif

Valérie   
#64 of 97 Old 06-17-2012, 10:35 AM

Strawberries...nom! It's past strawberry season here. The wild berries are out, now!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#65 of 97 Old 06-18-2012, 05:39 AM

Hi mamas!

Been a while since I've logged in here! Miss you lovely ladies!

I am thinking about the solstice, not sure what we will do. I do hope to go strawberry picking this weekend though! I am missing ritual in community - have to get in touch and make some connections to people IRL I think.

9 more days of school for DD - she will be so sad it is done (she even asks on weekends if she can go!). Glad we found her something she really likes, a small little school where everyone knows her and they have been super supportive.

Just to add on a fun note: I am having a birth story published in an anthology called Bearing Witness: Joyous Birth. It is the birth story of a birth I attended as a doula (all with written consent of course) so that is super exciting! We need good birth stories out there.

Looking forward to reading what everyone has planned for the sabbat so I can get some ideas!

*hugs*

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#66 of 97 Old 06-18-2012, 09:19 AM

All of my subscriptions disappeared!  Sorry I haven't checked in here. Still without internet at home.  I can't catch up on this thread right now as ds is in my face about wanting to go to AC Moore.

Will try to check in sometime this week.

Blessings to all!

Oh, feel free to find me on Facebook if you haven't already.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#67 of 97 Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 AM

ugh. i am almost 39 weeks. i could have this baby any moment. i am already 2 days farther than the last kid and almost to how long i was with the one before that. i have been reading but havent felt like posting. i am real tired lately. not only from the hormones but from the heat. today is the hottest day of the year here. 95 deg with a heat index of 100 or so. and dh calls and wants me to meet him at the park with the kids. i said no way. 

the solstice is my oldest's birthday. he will be 17. i dont even have enough money to buy him anything or celebrate in any way. he said it was bc i was prob going to have his brother on his bday. lol. we'll see. 

i just cant think about anything other than baby right now, i guess. i have been ready for awhile and dont feel like doing anything. i asked the oldest to do dishes and clean the floors but when he is done they look almost as bad as before he did them. i really dont understand. it makes me feel so frustrated bc i cant do it right now and it is gross. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#68 of 97 Old 06-19-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post

Other than that, just enjoying the sunny days here. Our new neighborhood has a community pool. The kids have been enjoying the water early  before the pool gets busy and I've enjoyed sitting poolside to knit. Perfection! love.gif

I love, love, love that all my 'babies' are now old-enough to do have fun in the water without me by their side. This, so far, is my favorite stage of parenting! I get to have great conversations with them, they are still happy to get cuddled, and yet they have a measure of independence that allows me a little space. Awesome! luxlove.gif

Although I try to savor each time of life with Z I am looking forward to this stage!!! 

Quote:

His new job is working out fine, thus far. Thank you for asking!

DS is for sure in puberty eyesroll.gif He's not had any growth spurts yet, but he is...um...not shooting blanks anymore. I'm glad he can be open with me about that, but sometimes it's TMI lol.gif

Next weekend is the public ritual for Solstice, and the weekend after that is the PWW Solstice campout. Yay!

I wish the dang house was sold. But we'll have fun. I was hoping it'd be sold by Midsummer.

What are y'all doing for Midsummer? I am going to have a special meal with ds, and maybe do a small ritual of some sort by myself or with him if he wants to, aside from the two things I just mentioned.

I can't believe it's midsummer already. I love the dark half of the year! But this summer has been so mild it's hard to believe it's half over. Which, believe me, I am grateful for-- last year was relentlessly 90+ from Beltane to Mabon. It's not usually like that, here!

Hooray for M's job working out well so far!  

It feels like summer has just begun here - the kiddos are just about to get out of school and it's just starting to creep into 80-90 degree weather.  We will put some milk and honey out for the fairies and make some suns to put in the dining room windows.  We'll do a little ritual, make a tasty meal and maybe have cupcakes.  On Friday (when Z is at Gma's) I will do my solitary ritual in the backyard.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

Midsummer... I'll be in P4 of the diet so I'll celebrate with Strawberry Shortcake or Strawberry Cheesecake! eat.gif

Might add strawberries to every part of the dinner! Sheepish.gif  Strawberry "bruchettas", strawberry in the salad, strawberry salsa on pork or chicken... lol.gif

yummy.gif YUM!!!!  i saw a recipe for balsamic grilled strawberries!! sounds soooo good right now.  Z & I made blueberry pancakes for DH for Father's day and I have tons of blueberries here.  Maybe I'll add them to the cupcakes!! hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post

Hi mamas!

I am thinking about the solstice, not sure what we will do. I do hope to go strawberry picking this weekend though! I am missing ritual in community - have to get in touch and make some connections to people IRL I think.

9 more days of school for DD - she will be so sad it is done (she even asks on weekends if she can go!). Glad we found her something she really likes, a small little school where everyone knows her and they have been super supportive.

Just to add on a fun note: I am having a birth story published in an anthology called Bearing Witness: Joyous Birth. It is the birth story of a birth I attended as a doula (all with written consent of course) so that is super exciting! We need good birth stories out there.

Looking forward to reading what everyone has planned for the sabbat so I can get some ideas!

*hugs*

Hi singin!!  How are you?  I'm so happy that DD has had such a wonderful school year!!!  HOOOOORAY!!!  and WOW for having a birth story published.  Can you link it here??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

All of my subscriptions disappeared!  Sorry I haven't checked in here. Still without internet at home.  I can't catch up on this thread right now as ds is in my face about wanting to go to AC Moore.

Will try to check in sometime this week.

Blessings to all!

Oh, feel free to find me on Facebook if you haven't already.

HI!!  How are you??  I don't get notifications anymore.  Is there a glitch in the matrix or something??

Quote:

Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

ugh. i am almost 39 weeks. i could have this baby any moment. i am already 2 days farther than the last kid and almost to how long i was with the one before that. i have been reading but havent felt like posting. i am real tired lately. not only from the hormones but from the heat. today is the hottest day of the year here. 95 deg with a heat index of 100 or so. and dh calls and wants me to meet him at the park with the kids. i said no way. 

the solstice is my oldest's birthday. he will be 17. i dont even have enough money to buy him anything or celebrate in any way. he said it was bc i was prob going to have his brother on his bday. lol. we'll see. 

i just cant think about anything other than baby right now, i guess. i have been ready for awhile and dont feel like doing anything. i asked the oldest to do dishes and clean the floors but when he is done they look almost as bad as before he did them. i really dont understand. it makes me feel so frustrated bc i cant do it right now and it is gross. 

I can't believe your so close!  WOW!  I will be thinking of you and sending you lots of healthy, slippery birthing energy!!  

Today DH and I celebrate 8 years of marriage.  We went out to dinner and then to the local microbrewery on Friday to celebrate.  Tasty treats!  We were actually married on the solstice that year.

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#69 of 97 Old 06-19-2012, 04:24 PM

Congrats on 8 years! And thank you about M's job. So far, so good.

Today is the day to embellish your Treasure Map, if you have one and you want to add anything. It's the Cancer New Moon.

Suns in the windows, what a great idea! I also saw that you can make God's Eyes in sunny, golden colors! I wish I had some yarn!

Oh, I just realized I bought strawberries....yum! Strawberries and cream for dessert for me, then, tomorrow yummy.gif

I am going to make cauliflower "potato" salad and we're going to grill chicken on the grill that I got from Freecycle. I don't yet know if I'm going to grill plain chicken breasts, or make skewers. It's been so long since I grilled anything, I'm almost scared!

Wouldn't it be so cool if Lioness had her baby tomorrow!

#70 of 97 Old 06-19-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:

So far, it's been hot for us. Most years, I say living without air conditioning isn't a big deal, but with how hot of a June we've had I'm getting nervous about this summer.

Quote:

Strawberries...nom! It's past strawberry season here. The wild berries are out, now!

Strawberries are pretty much over here, too, but we are going blueberry picking this weekend! Also the mulberries that grow along the river have started to ripen. I just try to block out how icky the water they get is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post

Hi mamas!

*hugs*

Good to see you!

Quote:

Congrats on 8 years! And thank you about M's job. So far, so good.

Today is the day to embellish your Treasure Map, if you have one and you want to add anything. It's the Cancer New Moon.

Suns in the windows, what a great idea! I also saw that you can make God's Eyes in sunny, golden colors! I wish I had some yarn!

Oh, I just realized I bought strawberries....yum! Strawberries and cream for dessert for me, then, tomorrow yummy.gif

I am going to make cauliflower "potato" salad and we're going to grill chicken on the grill that I got from Freecycle. I don't yet know if I'm going to grill plain chicken breasts, or make skewers. It's been so long since I grilled anything, I'm almost scared!

Wouldn't it be so cool if Lioness had her baby tomorrow!

Uh, this memo would have been good to think about a few hours ago...but now it's not going to happen. Last year, we made six point (three stick) God's Eyes in solar colors and it looked so neat. I wanted to do that this year, but losing the car has scaled back some of our plans.

It would be super cool if Lioness had her baby tomorrow. Come out baby!

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#71 of 97 Old 06-20-2012, 06:44 AM

coolshine.gifHappy Solstice, Mamas! coolshine.gif

I'm making guacamole, YUM! I made ds a sunny omelette and we're having coffee and the day is off to a gorgeous start. Supposed to be 85* but it's only 71* right now, and really pretty.

Guacamole in zucchini boats, maybe-- or I might save that for the potluck on Saturday. Also last night I made a mock "potato" salad with lightly steamed cauliflower instead of the potatoes-- omg, yum. It's the flavor that counts, not the potato or whatever! It's really good.

And I have chicken marinating in lime juice and Spiedie sauce. I am so glad that I can find Spiedie sauce down here! Clay, anybody else in NYS, you are familiar, yes? It's NY State Fair stuff...omg. So yummy. I almost want to eat everything now!

M called me on his way to work-- he does that every day, but this morning he said "Happy Solstice!" Aww! He's so sweet! heartbeat.gif

#72 of 97 Old 06-20-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:

And I have chicken marinating in lime juice and Spiedie sauce. I am so glad that I can find Spiedie sauce down here! Clay, anybody else in NYS, you are familiar, yes? It's NY State Fair stuff...omg. So yummy. I almost want to eat everything now!

M called me on his way to work-- he does that every day, but this morning he said "Happy Solstice!" Aww! He's so sweet! heartbeat.gif

Maia!  Spiedie Sauce originated in Broome County (where Binghamton is!) We have an entire 3 day festival dedicated to the marinated, cubed meat!! hahaha!! http://www.spiediefest.com/  Actually when you said you were marinating chicken I thought "I wish I knew I would have sent her some spiedie sauce" yum!!  now I'm drooling!!

It's 94 already here so NO WAY are we making cupcakes in this house.  We went to the store and bought some vanilla bean ice cream to pair with our blueberries instead! We picked some peas from the garden and left milk and honey for the fairies.  Tonight we're having taco salads with lettuce and spinach from my inlaws garden and I might even let Z pick some broccoli a little early because she is DYING to have some! haha.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

It would be super cool if Lioness had her baby tomorrow. Come out baby!

Yes, a solstice baby!  That would be awesome!!!  baby.gif C'mon baby!!!!!!!!!!

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#73 of 97 Old 06-20-2012, 08:48 AM

it would have been cool, but no solstice baby this time. lol. i am 39 weeks today though and the midwife is dropping off the birth pool this afternoon. my DH still thinks i will go to July 4th which is 41 weeks for me. we'll see. :)

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#74 of 97 Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostMaia!  Spiedie Sauce originated in Broome County (where Binghamton is!) We have an entire 3 day festival dedicated to the marinated, cubed meat!! hahaha!! http://www.spiediefest.com/  Actually when you said you were marinating chicken I thought "I wish I knew I would have sent her some spiedie sauce" yum!!  now I'm drooling!!

I lived in Syracuse for a long time, so the State Fair was right there. Mmm, Spiedie sauce! And salt potatoes! And Buffalo wings!

Oh, and my pic was featured in the photo exhibit one year. At the fair. My big giant 16x20 punk pic right in the middle of weddings and babies biglaugh.gif I stood there for ages being all nonchalant, waiting to see if anyone would whisper "Hey, isn't that the girl in the photo?" lol.gif

I originally saw the Spiedie sauce at the poor store here, and I was so excited, but I have since seen that they sell it in the regular grocery store! I wonder if anyone else down here knows anything about it! I've seen spiedies made with all kinds of meat. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Postit would have been cool, but no solstice baby this time. lol. i am 39 weeks today though and the midwife is dropping off the birth pool this afternoon. my DH still thinks i will go to July 4th which is 41 weeks for me. we'll see. :)

Hey, Solstice isn't over yet, mama winky.gif

#75 of 97 Old 06-20-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:

Hey, Solstice isn't over yet, mama winky.gif

that is true, but i am not holding my breath. lol. tomorrow is my oldest (and only other son)'s bday. he will be 17!

#76 of 97 Old 06-20-2012, 11:41 AM

Lioness: Go eat some pineapples and go on a bumpy, hilly car ride! come on!  we want a Solstice baby!  lol.gif

Maia: That is super fun that you were in a punk photo in the state fair photo exhibit.  I have never been to the state fair here in NY but did go to the MD state fair and eat a fried oreo.  That was the highlight for me.  I've heard that in Raleigh/Charlotte/Durham you can get spiedie sauce in the grocery stores because there are so many upstate transplants in that area.  Seriously, half of my high school classmates live there.  It's crazy.

#77 of 97 Old 06-20-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Lioness: Go eat some pineapples and go on a bumpy, hilly car ride! come on!  we want a Solstice baby!  lol.gif

that is funny bc i have been eating pineapple for days, took a bumpy car ride yesterday, and am scrubbing the floors on my hands and knees this afternoon. i have been drinking rrl tea and taking epo every night. i even tried to get dh to contribute to the eviction. lol. no dice. this kid is stubborn and says no way. then goes on about hiccuping and getting bigger and giving me more stretch marks. 

#78 of 97 Old 06-20-2012, 06:02 PM

Happy Solstice! treehugger.gif

It's so hot and humid, I'm melting!

Well... not really... have to postpone my sugary celebration because I'm having a hard time stabilizing so I'm extending the P3 of my diet. Might be only water retention... but I won't take any chances.

Valérie   
#79 of 97 Old 06-21-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:

it would have been cool, but no solstice baby this time. lol. i am 39 weeks today though and the midwife is dropping off the birth pool this afternoon. my DH still thinks i will go to July 4th which is 41 weeks for me. we'll see. :)

Huh. Why is she dropping off the pool so late? I thought it was pretty standard to drop it off at 36/37 weeks: What if you went into labor earlier? I went to 41 weeks with my second, but at least it was in February not July!

Quote:

Oh, and my pic was featured in the photo exhibit one year. At the fair. My big giant 16x20 punk pic right in the middle of weddings and babies biglaugh.gif I stood there for ages being all nonchalant, waiting to see if anyone would whisper "Hey, isn't that the girl in the photo?" lol.gif

LOL. I think it's cool that you had your photo in the exhibit, too.

Well, we did end up making God's Eyes and a defective solar cooker. It was in the mid-nineties yesterday, and it still a couple of hours to cook the marshmallows for s'mores: I probably would have had better luck if I just left one on the plate in the sun. We then headed to the beach for swimming, sand, a BBQ (with guacamole, too, for burgers), reading (for me), and slacklining (well, my husband and kids). We originally planned to stay until the sun went down, but the kids got too tired so we took them home early. We did have a lot of fun, though.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

#80 of 97 Old 06-21-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Posthave to postpone my sugary celebration because I'm having a hard time stabilizing so I'm extending the P3 of my diet. Might be only water retention... but I won't take any chances.

Lots of people (including me) have had trouble stabilizing, and after 1.5-2 years of doing this on and off, came to the conclusion that sugar is very likely never, not EVER, part of my diet ever again. This is my first time stabilizing after doing 4 rounds! And still, after P2, I promptly gained back 14-15lb, THEN stabilized. And now I am up 2lb from that. It's a dance, I tell ya. I am on P3 forever-- there is experimenting, sure, but more with veggies and cheeses and stuff. No refined carbs ever. No sugar no starch, ever. Not even the more starchy veggies, ever. It's a rough balance, but I'm pretty well used to it now. This is How I Eat now. If this is what it takes for me to stabilize, so be it. 

I still have some 30lb I want to take off, but not just yet.

Gosh darn it, mamas, I am pissed. M quit his job!!! I freaking kid you not! He's 6 days in, and he screwed up a part or more every day he's been there so far. Yesterday he told the foreman that if he screwed up today, he'd quit. I didn't know he made that promise. So here it's 11am and he's done. I am so mad.
I know he's feeling really bad about himself, but this was not the answer. This is so freaking teenage. He's in a really bad way, emotionally, and I know piling my angst on top of it doesn't help any, but he's talking "checking out". I was like yeah, sure...you have me and ds to think about, how do you think we'd handle that? He goes "in a month you will forget all about me". AS IF. I said, "have you forgotten your mother?" She died in '99 and he mentions her at least several times a week. "No", he says. "Nuff said", says I, and no more bullsh*t talk from you. I said you better get your arse to a meeting, and I think maybe he did, but not sure.

Gawd. WTF now? That was SO STOOPID. He has no money. No savings. No insurance. He's 3 weeks behind in rent. F**cking GRRR.

#81 of 97 Old 06-21-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:

Huh. Why is she dropping off the pool so late? I thought it was pretty standard to drop it off at 36/37 weeks: What if you went into labor earlier? I went to 41 weeks with my second, but at least it was in February not July!

thought i didnt want a waterbirth and then changed my mind last week. i am gbs+ and after reading i found some stats that show that waterbirth reduces transmission. so between that and hibiclense i feel better.

i set it up and t takes up alot of my living room. lol. this is going to be interesting. 

#82 of 97 Old 06-23-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:

that is funny bc i have been eating pineapple for days, took a bumpy car ride yesterday, and am scrubbing the floors on my hands and knees this afternoon. i have been drinking rrl tea and taking epo every night. i even tried to get dh to contribute to the eviction. lol. no dice. this kid is stubborn and says no way. then goes on about hiccuping and getting bigger and giving me more stretch marks. 

Well, is it working? Is it working?  huh?huh?huh?  haha.  I have to say I am really excited for you!!  (as if you can't tell)  Sounds like you're doing everything you can to coax the little hunny out... My girl was sooooooooooooooo stubborn i think she would still be in there if the doctor didn't give her a little oomph.  haha.  She's a Taurus, though-- SO not good with change. ha!

Quote:

Well, we did end up making God's Eyes and a defective solar cooker. It was in the mid-nineties yesterday, and it still a couple of hours to cook the marshmallows for s'mores: I probably would have had better luck if I just left one on the plate in the sun. We then headed to the beach for swimming, sand, a BBQ (with guacamole, too, for burgers), reading (for me), and slacklining (well, my husband and kids). We originally planned to stay until the sun went down, but the kids got too tired so we took them home early. We did have a lot of fun, though.

That sounds like a really fun solstice!!  and really delicious, too!  yummy.gif  My mom ended up bringing over cupcakes to add to our celebration.  I was super amazed. She was like "It's the solstice and I know you like to do something special on this day" UHM, thanks for your support, Ma -- you shocked the H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS out of me. haha.  

Maia: I'm sorry, did I read that M left his job?  I thought I read that but my eyes must not be working because that seems like a pretty unbelievable thing to do!  Is he okay?  Are you okay?  Gah.  Hugs, mama.  BIG BIG HUGS.  hug2.gif

Today the temps are perfection.  We went down to the park and went on a little walk, stopped by the farmers market for some DELICIOUS strawberry butter (which I'm giving as a present for the couple getting married next weekend along with crackers,a butter knife, a dishtowel and a bottle of wine - all for their honeymoon since they're leaving the country after!!) I totally just want to dive into it and smother it all over the oatmeal bread we bought but I will refrain.  for now.  mischievous.gif

#83 of 97 Old 06-23-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostMaia: I'm sorry, did I read that M left his job?  I thought I read that but my eyes must not be working because that seems like a pretty unbelievable thing to do!  Is he okay?  Are you okay?  Gah.  Hugs, mama.  BIG BIG HUGS.  hug2.gif

Yes...sigh...you read that right. He was convinced he wasn't going to last anyway. He kept screwing up parts so he headed them off at the pass. Dang.

No, he's not OK. He's never OK. He has the crummiest self-esteem and it just feeds itself.

I will live. I'm tired of it, but then I comfort myself by reminding myself that I can't be anywhere near as tired of it all as he is.

What is strawberry butter? It sounds divine!

#84 of 97 Old 06-24-2012, 07:23 AM

Maiasaura- I'm sorry M is having so much trouble greensad.gif

LionessMom- Sweet Happy Birthing vibes to you!

I'm still here. We shut off cable and internet and phone. I haven't had any means of outside communication until I told DH I had to at least have service on my phone in case of an emergency (beyond just calling 911 which I could do without service)

Hoping DH gets all the paperwork sent into DCF so we can get food stamps. Thankfully all they need this time around are his check stubs.

We're in a holding pattern again it seems. Things aren't great, but they've been worse. Thankfully DH paid off his fines with the DMV and won't be getting thrown into jail so that's good. I'm not sure what we would do if that happened...

Life goes on smile.gif

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#85 of 97 Old 06-24-2012, 10:34 AM

Maia: So, any update on M? Has he figured out what he's going to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Today the temps are perfection.  We went down to the park and went on a little walk, stopped by the farmers market for some DELICIOUS strawberry butter (which I'm giving as a present for the couple getting married next weekend along with crackers,a butter knife, a dishtowel and a bottle of wine - all for their honeymoon since they're leaving the country after!!) I totally just want to dive into it and smother it all over the oatmeal bread we bought but I will refrain.  for now.  mischievous.gif

Sounds wonderful. My brother just announced that he plans to get married this fall but hold the reception in the following summer. (He's getting married in part for immigration reasons for my soon to be sister-in-law, so they need to get married SOON and don't have time to plan a reception/big wedding.) I might steal this idea, substituting homemade apple butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

Maiasaura- I'm sorry M is having so much trouble greensad.gif
I'm still here. We shut off cable and internet and phone. I haven't had any means of outside communication until I told DH I had to at least have service on my phone in case of an emergency (beyond just calling 911 which I could do without service)
Hoping DH gets all the paperwork sent into DCF so we can get food stamps. Thankfully all they need this time around are his check stubs.
We're in a holding pattern again it seems. Things aren't great, but they've been worse. Thankfully DH paid off his fines with the DMV and won't be getting thrown into jail so that's good. I'm not sure what we would do if that happened...
Life goes on smile.gif

I hope things get better for you. It sounds pretty lonely.

#86 of 97 Old 06-24-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View PostMaiasaura- I'm sorry M is having so much trouble greensad.gif
Life goes on smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View PostMaia: So, any update on M? Has he figured out what he's going to do?

Thanks, guys. He did (for him) a really smart thing today-- took the day off and chilled, with chill attitude even! That's big, for him; usually he worries and worries till he nearly gets himself sick. He made a big pot of spaghetti and meat balls and now he's gotten himself so full that he fell asleep nearly immediately after eating lol.gif

He is designating tomorrow as job-hunting day.

He went to the AA meeting this morning, all of his own, and was appalled when a guy with 8 years of sobriety got up there to tell his story about how he drank at a wedding two nights ago.

Welcome to cunning, baffling, and powerful, M, huh? I have to say that those stories continue to scare the pants off of me, too, though.

We went to the public ritual yesterday-- a great time! And ds's friend stayed overnight. Her mom, my best friend, came over to get her and hung out for awhile. After she left I fired up the grill and made some steaks that were marinated in the rest of the Spiedie sauce. I had forgotten how much I love that stuff, omg, YUM! If they don't have it in your area, I realized you can get it on Amazon thumb.gif

Mommy2-- hang in there hug2.gif Staying out of jail is good thumb.gif and food stamps are good, too. I wish I could get those, or at least health insurance. I haven't had any since 1999, and we bumped out of the state children's health insurance by a measly $29 irked.gif

#87 of 97 Old 06-24-2012, 02:13 PM

Speaking of which-- ds's best friends is a girl. They're both 11. They've been best friends since they were 4.

M thinks they are too old to be sleeping together overnight anymore. Especially since ds is playing with himself and not shooting blanks anymore. I say forget it, not inappropriate, ds and L are more like brother and sister, and they act like it, too. He couldn't be more grossed out by the idea of L in that capacity.

Thoughts?

#88 of 97 Old 06-24-2012, 04:12 PM

Maiasaura- Thanks. Yeah I wouldn't be able to handle it if he went to jail. Especially since we are both former corrections officers. I will say I would check the income limits again. They change every year and you might qualify now.

As for sleepovers, you seem to have a frank and honest relationship with your DS and if you trust the two of them I don't see why its an issue. If they were cousins or brother and sisters no on would think much of it.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#89 of 97 Old 06-24-2012, 05:44 PM

Maia--he left his job? Maybe if he feels like he's making too many mistakes doing what he's been trained to do, maybe he needs to go another direction. Not easy, obviously, but I'm just throwing that out there.

LM-easy birthing vibes to you! i hope it's soon!

As for me, well, I have two weeks of alone time during the day as I don't go back to work until July 9th. That will be nice. DH never did a callback on that job, but there's a better one that he needs to finish his application which requires knowledge in metals/ceramics. Those two are what my DH has degrees in!!!! But he's stressing since the principal is someone he's worked with before, and he honestly doesn't know how this guy feels about him. So he's nervous.

Come ponder with me about food!
#90 of 97 Old 06-25-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:

Speaking of which-- ds's best friends is a girl. They're both 11. They've been best friends since they were 4.

M thinks they are too old to be sleeping together overnight anymore. Especially since ds is playing with himself and not shooting blanks anymore. I say forget it, not inappropriate, ds and L are more like brother and sister, and they act like it, too. He couldn't be more grossed out by the idea of L in that capacity.

Thoughts?

My eldest is five, so take this for what it's worth, but I would allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

As for me, well, I have two weeks of alone time during the day as I don't go back to work until July 9th. That will be nice. DH never did a callback on that job, but there's a better one that he needs to finish his application which requires knowledge in metals/ceramics. Those two are what my DH has degrees in!!!! But he's stressing since the principal is someone he's worked with before, and he honestly doesn't know how this guy feels about him. So he's nervous.

Good luck to your husband!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page