*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Jumping in to June - Pagan Family Thread*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 97 Old 06-25-2012, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

What is strawberry butter? It sounds divine!

It is strawberries mashed up with sugar and lemon juice.  It's amazing!!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

We're in a holding pattern again it seems. Things aren't great, but they've been worse. Thankfully DH paid off his fines with the DMV and won't be getting thrown into jail so that's good. I'm not sure what we would do if that happened...
Life goes on smile.gif

Thinking of you, mama.  Like you said a holding pattern is better than a downward spiral.  Hoping things look up soon. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

Sounds wonderful. My brother just announced that he plans to get married this fall but hold the reception in the following summer. (He's getting married in part for immigration reasons for my soon to be sister-in-law, so they need to get married SOON and don't have time to plan a reception/big wedding.) I might steal this idea, substituting homemade apple butter.

Steal it!  I did!  haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

As for me, well, I have two weeks of alone time during the day as I don't go back to work until July 9th. That will be nice. DH never did a callback on that job, but there's a better one that he needs to finish his application which requires knowledge in metals/ceramics. Those two are what my DH has degrees in!!!! But he's stressing since the principal is someone he's worked with before, and he honestly doesn't know how this guy feels about him. So he's nervous.

Enjoy the alone time, mama!!  Sounds MAGNIFICENT!!! Will be sending good energy to your DH!  It sounds like a great fit for him.  How does HE feel about the principal?  Well, fingers crossed!  fingersx.gif

Quote:

Speaking of which-- ds's best friends is a girl. They're both 11. They've been best friends since they were 4.

M thinks they are too old to be sleeping together overnight anymore. Especially since ds is playing with himself and not shooting blanks anymore. I say forget it, not inappropriate, ds and L are more like brother and sister, and they act like it, too. He couldn't be more grossed out by the idea of L in that capacity.

Thoughts?

I agree with revolting, I would allow it, too.  This may be too much for me to say but I mean, if they are going to get down in that capacity they don't need a sleepover to do it.  If they are like siblings and all the parents are in agreement then whatever.  

okay, ladies, so remember how I was all "oh I wish there was something public for Pagans in my area" -- WELL, the local Magickal store is now holding rituals on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month... It's $5 and is in Wiccan style.  Here's the snippet from the newsletter...What do you guys think?? I'm so nervous to go!!  

Imagicka, in conjunction with Weavers of the Web will host open rituals for the purpose of teaching a ritual structure and the practice of magical self-actualization.What does this mean?  It means come and have fun; dance, chant, and grow.  We will go through our ritual structure before each ritual. Every ritual will also have a focus where participants will be able to use the energy and magick created for some form of personal growth and/or exploration.as long as it does no harm, do what you will           Rituals will be held the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month at Imagicka, 75 Court Street, Binghamton, NY.  All who wish to participate are welcome.   5.00    Weavers of the Web currently consist of Darin and Dawn Goldenberg

Darin Goldenberg - I have been leading rituals in this style on and off for the last 15 years.  My formal Wiccan teachings were from outside of an established Blue Star tradition coven. I am also familiar with Native American Shamanism, tarot, crystals, and The Fae; as well as a number of pantheons.

Dawn Goldenberg - I have been leading rituals for others for about five years and teaching Wicca 101 at Imagicka for three years.  Personal Growth is an important part of my life.  The greatest gift of leading circles and teaching others is empowering others to discover the joy of personal growth and the magic in their lives as well.  My own areas of interest and study are plant spirits, runes, shamanism, mythology, crystals and psychology.

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#92 of 97 Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View PostMaia--he left his job? Maybe if he feels like he's making too many mistakes doing what he's been trained to do, maybe he needs to go another direction. Not easy, obviously, but I'm just throwing that out there.

As for me, well, I have two weeks of alone time during the day as I don't go back to work until July 9th. That will be nice. DH never did a callback on that job, but there's a better one that he needs to finish his application which requires knowledge in metals/ceramics. Those two are what my DH has degrees in!!!! But he's stressing since the principal is someone he's worked with before, and he honestly doesn't know how this guy feels about him. So he's nervous.

Yes....sigh...he left his job. And yeah, he thought of that, too. But really, all else he could do is drive a van or something, and that would never pay what he needs to live on.

YAY for alone time! Don't, don't, don't do chores!! At least, if you do, do them meditatively, and get some intentional time for yourself. Your DH sounds just like M in this case lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostIt is strawberries mashed up with sugar and lemon juice.  It's amazing!!!

I agree with revolting, I would allow it, too.  This may be too much for me to say but I mean, if they are going to get down in that capacity they don't need a sleepover to do it.  If they are like siblings and all the parents are in agreement then whatever.  

okay, ladies, so remember how I was all "oh I wish there was something public for Pagans in my area" -- WELL, the local Magickal store is now holding rituals on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month... It's $5 and is in Wiccan style.  Here's the snippet from the newsletter...What do you guys think?? I'm so nervous to go!! 

Oh well, no strawberry butter for me. I could try it with stevia. I wonder what I would do with it? I don't use bread or grains, so what to spread it on? Hmm.

Wow, you have a  point redface.gif I didn't even think of that, duh duh.gif But yeah, they very much have a sibling type relationship-- on again off again argue argue argue. Sometimes. Actually when she slept over Saturday, ds ended up in my room because "she SNORES!" ROTFLMAO.gif

I think your ritual sounds lovely...but I would find out what the $5 goes toward. I'm sketchy about charging money for spiritual things, even public ones. Why would they do that? You don't charge money to go to church. I could see a "love offering", though.

So M is at an interview. He hasn't called me since it was supposed to begin, at 11am, and it's now 20 to one pm!!! I am dying to call, but I have to be patient and wait. He did say it's over by his dd's house and he would stop by there, so maybe he just didn't call me between. Or maybe it's an uber long interview shrug.gif At any rate, I will hear from him at some point. I am being quiet and enjoying it-- ds is at day camp today. I'm kind of getting ready for our Solstice campout this coming weekend-- OMG, mamas, it is supposed to be near 100* on Friday! jaw.gif and no, there's no swimming. Ye Gods.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#93 of 97 Old 06-26-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Well, is it working? Is it working?  huh?huh?huh?  haha.  I have to say I am really excited for you!!  (as if you can't tell)  Sounds like you're doing everything you can to coax the little hunny out... My girl was sooooooooooooooo stubborn i think she would still be in there if the doctor didn't give her a little oomph.  haha.  She's a Taurus, though-- SO not good with change. ha!

no it is not working. however, he made it out of gemini and into cancer. lol. so not going to be a gemini like me and ds1. lol. 

my husband says the 4th of july, 9lbs, and red hair. that is next week when i will be 40.5 or 41 weeks depending on what due date you use. i will let you know if he is right. 

much love to everybody! i havent been getting on alot or staying on for too long. i have either been resting or cleaning. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#94 of 97 Old 06-27-2012, 11:53 AM

How's everyone doing so far this summer? 

I'm still without internet at home so I don't get a chance to check mdc very often.  Thinking of you all, though!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#95 of 97 Old 06-29-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:

I think your ritual sounds lovely...but I would find out what the $5 goes toward. I'm sketchy about charging money for spiritual things, even public ones. Why would they do that? You don't charge money to go to church. I could see a "love offering", though.

So M is at an interview. He hasn't called me since it was supposed to begin, at 11am, and it's now 20 to one pm!!! I am dying to call, but I have to be patient and wait. He did say it's over by his dd's house and he would stop by there, so maybe he just didn't call me between. Or maybe it's an uber long interview shrug.gif At any rate, I will hear from him at some point. I am being quiet and enjoying it-- ds is at day camp today. I'm kind of getting ready for our Solstice campout this coming weekend-- OMG, mamas, it is supposed to be near 100* on Friday! jaw.gif and no, there's no swimming. Ye Gods.

How did his interview go? Around here, it seems pretty standard to charge for spiritual things with a "no one turned away for lack of funds" sort of deal. I hope you enjoy it vy. I have to say I've had trouble finding Pagans I actually like, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

no it is not working. however, he made it out of gemini and into cancer. lol. so not going to be a gemini like me and ds1. lol. 

my husband says the 4th of july, 9lbs, and red hair. that is next week when i will be 40.5 or 41 weeks depending on what due date you use. i will let you know if he is right. 

much love to everybody! i havent been getting on alot or staying on for too long. i have either been resting or cleaning. 

I hope your baby comes soon. Peaceful birthing, mama. Waiting past my EDD was so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

How's everyone doing so far this summer? 

I'm still without internet at home so I don't get a chance to check mdc very often.  Thinking of you all, though!

Nice to see you. How are you?

A lot has been going on here. We are still searching for a house, and I've got to say I'm super excited about this one house we are scheduled to see on Sunday. It's on over an acre of heavily wooded land with a pond, in a good school district, very close to my parents, and the backyard opens up into the forest preserve. Even my husband, who sort of wanted to stay in the city, is excited about looking at this one. I'm hoping that this house is *the one*. I'm so tired of looking. We have spent our time busily preparing for a garage sale to try to limit how much we have to move (though we've moved so many times, I think we don't have too much excess).

I'm also pregnant again. I got pregnant pretty shortly after I miscarried - probably within a few days of my hormone levels dropping back to normal. I'm praying praying praying for a sticky baby, and I'd love it if you'd all pray for me, too.

Time for us to hit the beach!

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#96 of 97 Old 07-01-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

How did his interview go? Around here, it seems pretty standard to charge for spiritual things with a "no one turned away for lack of funds" sort of deal. I hope you enjoy it vy. I have to say I've had trouble finding Pagans I actually like, lol.

I hope your baby comes soon. Peaceful birthing, mama. Waiting past my EDD was so hard.

Nice to see you. How are you?

A lot has been going on here. We are still searching for a house, and I've got to say I'm super excited about this one house we are scheduled to see on Sunday. It's on over an acre of heavily wooded land with a pond, in a good school district, very close to my parents, and the backyard opens up into the forest preserve. Even my husband, who sort of wanted to stay in the city, is excited about looking at this one. I'm hoping that this house is *the one*. I'm so tired of looking. We have spent our time busily preparing for a garage sale to try to limit how much we have to move (though we've moved so many times, I think we don't have too much excess).

I'm also pregnant again. I got pregnant pretty shortly after I miscarried - probably within a few days of my hormone levels dropping back to normal. I'm praying praying praying for a sticky baby, and I'd love it if you'd all pray for me, too.

Time for us to hit the beach!

Wow, happy pregnancy! That's great! dust.gif I wish the house you wanted was MY house. They're putting in a Montessori or something, right around the corner, so my realtor is heavily promoting this house for a teacher place-to-live, or rent, or something. And as an investment property.

M got the job, but it's kind of confusing-- first they told him it'd be under the table. Then once he got there, I think they realized he and his knowledge are very valuable so they offered him (what do you call it-- ON the table? Above? LOL) legit. Told him he'd be insured after 30 days. Then told him that he was part time on an as-needed basis. He needs money badly, so he's going with the flow, but I told him they're being rather confusing, especially with insurance, and he needs to get his butt in there and ask WTH is going on, y'know? But he's not used to standing up for himself at all... I hope he DOES ask. Tomorrow.

The campout was great, BUT-- it was 106* in the shade on Friday, and like 103* yesterday-- ye Gods it was hot. Tuatha Dea was the BEST, as usual. What a great band. Go look them up on YouTube! They totally rock. I even danced, and I haven't done that in years. Oh-- and in a sarong, with nothing underneath redface.gif I was just sitting there, but they're such a rockin' band I couldn't resist.

Oh yeah! They had a raffle...I bought 6 tix for $5 and I won three things!!! Two Tshirts-- one with a pentacle and one with the triple goddess, and they'll both fit! and a tree-of-life necklace. I gave that one to my boy orngbiggrin.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#97 of 97 Old 07-03-2012, 12:21 PM

FYI: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1357165/july-pagan-family-thread

smile.gif 

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page