Simply Confused! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-27-2012, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone! So recently I've found myself not very happy with the christian church. I do consider myself christian, because I believe in Jesus and his teachings, but I don't believe in 90% of what the church preaches. To break it down, I believe the earth is an entity in a way that the Creator made and gave the ability to take care of herself if things start to hurt her, I believe that we need to take care of her or she will kick the crap out of us. I be live in magick, I be live Jesus did magick, after all isn't that what "miracles" are? Except he Deliberately did the miracles so there for he was producing magick. I be live we all have that ability buried deep in us, some people are just more susceptible to using it, like some people are better athletes than others. I believe in a lot of the old Irish superstitions, whether they work because God wanted to give us a defense or because he has a sense of humor I haven't figured out yet. I believe he gave some link between the moon and us, I've worked in a nursing home long enough to see the effects a full moon has on people. After all we are mostly water and I believe he made us that way to be affected by the moon for spiritual/magick reasons.

So pretty much I believe in a lot of the wiccan/pagan things, but I believe in Jesus, I don't believe most of the old testament because after all it was written by man, and superstitious men of the time. I struggle with what I believe, and where I fit in. I don't exactly fit in any Christian religions, but I don't really fit in any Wicca followings either, and I know how wiccan/pagans can be when it comes to belief, Christians are the same way.

So If anyone out there believes like I do, I'd like to say HI and come and talk to me, I'm feeling a little lonely :) and if anyone has any advice I'd love LOVE to hear it!

Blessings to all

Alli

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-28-2012, 07:20 AM

You might google Christo-paganism, or Christian Witches.  believe it or not, there are a lot of people who believe similarly to you!

I sort of ID'd as one for a while before I really came to grips with leaving Christianity. :-) 

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#3 of 4 Old 07-28-2012, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Ivy View Post

You might google Christo-paganism, or Christian Witches.  believe it or not, there are a lot of people who believe similarly to you!

I sort of ID'd as one for a while before I really came to grips with leaving Christianity. :-) 

Thanks I'll give it a look! I've kind of looked into the UU church too, but the nearest one is 4 hours from me. It's hard being so far away from anything modern, but I'm starting to find a few people in my area who think like I do. We just had a store open that sells wiccan/pagan goods among other thngs :D. I'm not quite sure what keeps me with the Christian part....

I think part of it was I kind of got my butt kicked spiritually in June. I'm not sure if it was an angry God or what, but I posted something about thanking the goddess for me being able to hear a babies heart beat that was being prematurly born...and for whatever reason someone from my town found that link, told my boss and I was fired for HIPPA breach, even though no names, dates, or places were mentioned and there was NO WAY someone from my small town would have been able to find that site and that link, but they did.

Soooo I kind of think it was maybe a cosmic kick that rang my bell, or I could just be over thinking this. But as I think on it, most of the religions that have mainly a goddess just don't feel right to me. I don't know why. I think that the earth is more of a mothering angel?? I don't know that doesn't sound right either, but I know she is alive and cares for us, and we should care for her. But I don't see her and a diety. I know what I"m saying sound weird, but it's what I feel in my soul. ^_^

#4 of 4 Old 07-28-2012, 10:33 PM

Also look into Celtic Christianity/Catholicism.  The Celtic Church has been a lot more inclusive of pagan elements throughout the years than other branches.

Wife to DH from Mexico, and mother to DD (01/10); DS (09/11); and one on the way (03 or 04/14)  buddamomimg1.png

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page