Pagan Family Circle: let's chat in August! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Spirituality > Pagan Family Circle: let's chat in August!
ian'smommaya's Avatar ian'smommaya 08:49 AM 08-18-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Etsy, too? I heard about Ebay yesterday. Ridiculous. I say we all cry discrimination. Because it is! No Pagan stuff at all? WTF, I bet they still sell Christian stuff. I got my St.Patrick/St.Brigid medal on Etsy.

SO--- yesterday was a freaking NIGHTMARE. DS contracted lice, probably a week ago, from his summer camp thingy. I thought I had checked him when the summer camp guy called me to let me know, but I was wrong. 2nd day of school and I had to go get him out, an hour after I brought him there. Spent the WHOLE DAMN DAY at the doctor, getting lice stuff, doing ds's hair, washing everything, including my quilt which has to go to the laundrymat because it's too huge for my home washer, taking the car to the car wash so I could get the free vacuuming, vacuuming the car, spraying everything, treating MY head just in case, and omg, I still have to vacuum the house. And finish all that laundry. Making and unmaking the beds. Gawd, I was wiped out last night.

I checked his head this morning and I found nothing. Hope I'm right.

M has another interview today. He has been off meds for 24 hours because he can't afford them and nobody will float him a week's worth, even though they all told him do NOT stop them cold turkey. How do they expect him (or anyone) to stay compliant when he literally hasn't a cent to his name? Gawd, I hate this country for "health" care. As if anyone cares about our collective health. GRRR.

Lice is the flippen worst! I hate lice! ugh! so sorry you are dealing with that. There are places that pass on meds from people who cannot afford them. have you or m checked into that? Or maybe some temporary herbal option to help w/ withdrawl like symptoms like valarian root extract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

Just friended you. I'm MsLiz.

yay!

Quote:

We're so sad...our stuffed animals are bagged up for two weeks. We're having withdrawal lol.gif I want to put them in the dryer, but I'm not trusting they'll be nit-free afterwards greensad.gif

I feel you! but a hot dryer will kill the nits. really.

I am getting ready to visit my dad in texas, what a long long drive. But it's fun too. I am super busy with getting the house ready and everything :whew!:

Maiasaura's Avatar Maiasaura 09:26 AM 08-18-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View PostLice is the flippen worst! I hate lice! ugh! so sorry you are dealing with that. There are places that pass on meds from people who cannot afford them. have you or m checked into that? Or maybe some temporary herbal option to help w/ withdrawl like symptoms like valarian root extract.

yay!

I feel you! but a hot dryer will kill the nits. really.

I am getting ready to visit my dad in texas, what a long long drive. But it's fun too. I am super busy with getting the house ready and everything :whew!:

Yeah, I hope we NEVER EVER have to go through this again, ever. It's horrible.

M got his state insurance card (or whatever it is) and he realized his meds are only $1.00 each, with that! joy.gif So, he was walking down to CVS to get them and he wasn't even sure he'd make it, he was so dizzy. He bought a water right there in the store and sat down to take them, he felt so bad. That is NOT like M at all-- he's very self-conscious in public. So YAY, lesson learned, I hope! He sure is a hard head. He thought "I'll just get through another day of detox and it'll all go away"-- biglaugh.gif-- NOT! He thinks, or used to think, the same way about his alcoholism. By the way, mamas-- this is Day 24 for him, twenty-four INTENTIONAL days! I hope this sticks. This is the answer to my prayers, truly.

Where are you, ian's? How long of a drive? Texas would be like driving across the world, to me, probably.

ian'smommaya's Avatar ian'smommaya 09:31 AM 08-18-2012

YAY! for insurance! I live in minneapolis so it's about a three day drive (little more or little less, depending on how tired i am.)

Maiasaura's Avatar Maiasaura 10:35 AM 08-18-2012

I forgot to ask, ian's, about the dryer-- I have read lots about I have to keep the stuffys in a bag for two weeks, but can't I leave them in for a week and then dry them for an hour? What do you think? I want to dry them NOW, but I do not want to risk nits hatching.

vydalea's Avatar vydalea 07:56 PM 08-19-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post

Well, I am struggling with a couple of things. Etsy is changing all their rules about herbs, gemsstones, pagan stuff, etc. etc. and not letting use certain words (and its a lot of words) and Ebay is banned those things altogether. so i moved shops to poppyswap/shop/mayamade and we shall see how it goes. argh.

Wait... what?  I have not heard about this.  Can you tell me more??

Quote:

Yeah, I hope we NEVER EVER have to go through this again, ever. It's horrible.

M got his state insurance card (or whatever it is) and he realized his meds are only $1.00 each, with that! joy.gif So, he was walking down to CVS to get them and he wasn't even sure he'd make it, he was so dizzy. He bought a water right there in the store and sat down to take them, he felt so bad. That is NOT like M at all-- he's very self-conscious in public. So YAY, lesson learned, I hope! He sure is a hard head. He thought "I'll just get through another day of detox and it'll all go away"-- biglaugh.gif-- NOT! He thinks, or used to think, the same way about his alcoholism. By the way, mamas-- this is Day 24 for him, twenty-four INTENTIONAL days! I hope this sticks. This is the answer to my prayers, truly.

Where are you, ian's? How long of a drive? Texas would be like driving across the world, to me, probably.

I forgot to ask, ian's, about the dryer-- I have read lots about I have to keep the stuffys in a bag for two weeks, but can't I leave them in for a week and then dry them for an hour? What do you think? I want to dry them NOW, but I do not want to risk nits hatching.

Maia, GAH!  LICE!!  We went through it when I was a kid.  I definitely remember my mom putting all of our stuffed animals in the attic for a few weeks which might as well have been eternity for me then!  Good luck.  If it were me, I'd leave them in the bag, maybe even put them in the sun in the bag to get extra heat to kill the bastids.  oy.

Hooray for both M's insurance card and his 24 intentional days!  What a great accomplishment!

hugs and loves to everyone 

revolting's Avatar revolting 01:09 PM 08-20-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Hey, mamas!  I'm home!! heehee.  It was a fabulous time, mostly.  I got up around 530 a few days to run and then go down to the beach and just soak in the early morning sun, the peace, the waves, etc. in solitude.  It was ridiculously amazing, that part.  

revolting: Any estimated date for your closing?  How was the Perseid shower?  How did the midwife consult go?  Wow, I'm full of questions. I cannot believe someone got shot on your block! Holy crap! Yikes!!! 

Alright, friends, back to laundry.  Also, I'm starting to "loosely" potty train the Z.  Give her time on the potty but not push it... Any sage advice???? 

Your trip sounds lovely. Running on the beach early in the morning sounds wonderful, and I'm not a morning person!

On potty training: We did EC with both, so I don't have a lot of experience training a kid so late, but I do have a two year old who's potty trained. For us, a lot of it is routine. He uses the potty when we get up in the morning. We use the potty before we leave anywhere and whenever we go anywhere. We use the potty before we go to bed. Also, even when we had accidents, we don't use diapers. I think my eldest wore a diaper once when she was two after surgery, but really, I rather clean up accidents than have a two year old in diapers, because my eldest totally would have peed in a diaper over interrupting what she was doing when she was a toddler.

Hopefully, we'll close next week. It keeps getting pushed back, because the sellers still haven't submitted everything the bank needs to approve my mortgage. We didn't end up seeing the meteor shower again...the sky ended up overcast, but it was so cool the night before. I didn't like the midwife, so I've finally chosen one, but she's out of town. In the meantime, I started bleeding and passing clots. I have an appointment with my OBGYN for tomorrow to see if the baby's okay. Prayers, positive energy, please send them this way!

Oh, and another person got shot two blocks from our house this weekend. I knew once the shooting started, it would increase for a while with retaliations and what-not. Even though it's beautiful out, I keep the kids inside a lot, just because the gang violence. It sucks.

Quote:8
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

I must be losing it.  I must have missed (or somehow forgotten) that you are expecting.  Congratulations!!

I admit that I don't do typical home parties.  I'm ok with short, basic product/recipe demonstrations.  I tend to do more online parties than anything else (I'm currently hosting my own show on Facebook.)  My son wants to learn how to cook so I need a LOT of stuff! LOL.

School issue: There are a couple of reasons.  I don't feel safe posting on mdc though.  Send me a Facebook message and I'll tell ya the story. :)

Thank you. I hope things go well with the whole legal thing. Sucks that you have to do it to begin with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post

I am sorry! That sucks.

Congrats! when is the closing and are you decluttering?

I missed it because it was overcast and cloudy here. :sad:

Well, I am struggling with a couple of things. Etsy is changing all their rules about herbs, gemsstones, pagan stuff, etc. etc. and not letting use certain words (and its a lot of words) and Ebay is banned those things altogether. so i moved shops to poppyswap/shop/mayamade and we shall see how it goes. argh.

ds is with my dad is texas i am driving down to see him in a couple of days. so far so good. over all things are going well. I joined a pagan social online place, pagan-place. c o m and the people are SO nice! are any of you there? i am maya there too. if you join find me and lemme know.

Thanks! I am working on decluttering, though my five year old wants to keep every.single.thing we've ever owned, which makes it tough.

What is up with Etsy and E-bay forbidding this stuff? I don't get it at all!

Quote:

Etsy, too? I heard about Ebay yesterday. Ridiculous. I say we all cry discrimination. Because it is! No Pagan stuff at all? WTF, I bet they still sell Christian stuff. I got my St.Patrick/St.Brigid medal on Etsy.

SO--- yesterday was a freaking NIGHTMARE. DS contracted lice, probably a week ago, from his summer camp thingy. I thought I had checked him when the summer camp guy called me to let me know, but I was wrong. 2nd day of school and I had to go get him out, an hour after I brought him there. Spent the WHOLE DAMN DAY at the doctor, getting lice stuff, doing ds's hair, washing everything, including my quilt which has to go to the laundrymat because it's too huge for my home washer, taking the car to the car wash so I could get the free vacuuming, vacuuming the car, spraying everything, treating MY head just in case, and omg, I still have to vacuum the house. And finish all that laundry. Making and unmaking the beds. Gawd, I was wiped out last night.

I checked his head this morning and I found nothing. Hope I'm right.

M has another interview today. He has been off meds for 24 hours because he can't afford them and nobody will float him a week's worth, even though they all told him do NOT stop them cold turkey. How do they expect him (or anyone) to stay compliant when he literally hasn't a cent to his name? Gawd, I hate this country for "health" care. As if anyone cares about our collective health. GRRR.

Are the lice all gone? That sounds horrible. That sucks about how he missed his meds for a while due to the crazy healthcare situation we have. I'm glad he got on state insurance and is back on his meds. And yay for sobriety!

Maiasaura's Avatar Maiasaura 04:37 PM 08-20-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostHooray for both M's insurance card and his 24 intentional days!  What a great accomplishment!

He says thank you loveeyes.gif I always tell him when you guys are proud of him...he's totally gobsmacked that people he (and I!) don't even know are happy for him. I wish he could get a job, though. He's got like $30 to his name, no phone, is about to lose internet, and is a month behind in his rent. And he'll need gasoline to get to any interviews-- which he hasn't had any greensad.gif He's had one. He's waiting to hear from them.

Cross fingers-- they're checking his old jobs. Which may not look good, since he got canned from the last two or three in the first month. I hope he didn't mention those ones!

He might end up having to do disability after all, and that will NOT be a good thing at all. He is the kind of guy who needs to be busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View PostI started bleeding and passing clots. I have an appointment with my OBGYN for tomorrow to see if the baby's okay. Prayers, positive energy, please send them this way!

Oh, and another person got shot two blocks from our house this weekend. I knew once the shooting started, it would increase for a while with retaliations and what-not. Even though it's beautiful out, I keep the kids inside a lot, just because the gang violence. It sucks.

Are the lice all gone? That sounds horrible. That sucks about how he missed his meds for a while due to the crazy healthcare situation we have. I'm glad he got on state insurance and is back on his meds. And yay for sobriety!

Oh no, on the baby....hope hope hope s/he's alright candle.gif

Wow, on the violence. How do you live in that? I would be so scared.

I don't know, on the lice. My own head is just a tad itchy, but I don't know if it's power of suggestion or if I had nits that hatched. We don't do the next shampoo till Friday. DS hasn't been complaining or itching, though thumb.gif

M learned a heavy lesson on He Needs His Meds thumb.gif I was sorry to see him suffer, but it came to a good end, so I have to say I am glad.

vydalea's Avatar vydalea 06:58 PM 08-26-2012

woah.  this place has come to a screetching halt it feels like.  are we all so busywith the end of summer/start of school?  I know we are here.  Enjoying the warmth and daylight that's still here but also joyous about the slight chill that's in the air...  Ran my first 5k today and finished under a half hour, which was my goal.  Super proud of me, honestly. 

Revolting, how is that baby of yours cookin? 

Maia, how is that M of yours? :)

Valerie, how is your living with more spiritual focus/intention going? I've been doing 3 sun salutations in the morning thanking/greeting the 3 aspects of the goddess.  I'm trying to do much the same but the moments are flying right now.

DoK: I have been meaning to FB you about your son.  gah.  I'm going to go do that right now. 

what else?  ian'smommaya: how was the trip to TX?  are you still there?

big hugs to everyone.  luxlove.gif

Maiasaura's Avatar Maiasaura 02:36 PM 08-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostMaia, how is that M of yours? :)

Thanks for asking! He's....well, he's alright. He had 30 days of intentional sobriety and then sabotaged himself by drinking on Day 31 greensad.gif He was all obnoxious to me yesterday, to the point where it drove me to tears...I called him back to ask wtf he was being like that for, and he was just mad at AA for failing him (I had to say "was it AA that failed you, or the other way round?") and mad at me I think because I am an AA success story, and because he thought after working hard for 30 days that he'd be "fixed" (It was too sad to laugh). Poor guy. One of these days I hope he will get that it is a sustained and constant and persistent WORK, to get and stay sober. He is lazy and very procrastinating when it comes to things like this, so it may take a long freaking time.

How's you? I noticed the list had stopped. Yesterday I thought to myself "I wonder what happened to the MDC list; I hope it's not petering out"-- because I really, really miss Cari and Clay and witchygrrl and all the others. I'm on FB with some of them, but honestly I can't even remember who there was who here. Which I hate. Sigh.

I'm going to M's in 3 days-- I hope it's a good visit. He's been unemployed for a month or 6 weeks and it's really wearing on him. His attitude stinks, lately. I don't blame him, but I don't want to be in the shitstorm, either.

School is going alright for DS, so far.

No movement on this dang house, either irked.gif I might have to be looking at another price drop, but I am unwilling. I can sit on the house for awhile more, but I am running out of money in savings, pretty soon, ugh.

The weather is VERY cool in the mornings and evenings now joy.gif

revolting's Avatar revolting 12:45 PM 08-28-2012

I've been lurking, but I lost the baby and haven't felt much like chatting.

Valerie.Qc's Avatar Valerie.Qc 01:34 PM 08-28-2012

hug.gif revolting hug.gif

vydalea's Avatar vydalea 02:05 PM 08-28-2012

revolting: I am so, so sorry, mama.  stillheart.gif

vydalea's Avatar vydalea 02:18 PM 08-28-2012
Quote:

Thanks for asking! He's....well, he's alright. He had 30 days of intentional sobriety and then sabotaged himself by drinking on Day 31 greensad.gif He was all obnoxious to me yesterday, to the point where it drove me to tears...I called him back to ask wtf he was being like that for, and he was just mad at AA for failing him (I had to say "was it AA that failed you, or the other way round?") and mad at me I think because I am an AA success story, and because he thought after working hard for 30 days that he'd be "fixed" (It was too sad to laugh). Poor guy. One of these days I hope he will get that it is a sustained and constant and persistent WORK, to get and stay sober. He is lazy and very procrastinating when it comes to things like this, so it may take a long freaking time.

How's you? I noticed the list had stopped. Yesterday I thought to myself "I wonder what happened to the MDC list; I hope it's not petering out"-- because I really, really miss Cari and Clay and witchygrrl and all the others. I'm on FB with some of them, but honestly I can't even remember who there was who here. Which I hate. Sigh.

Wow, Maia.  That is too bad about M.  I hope your visit goes well - I'll be thinking of you.  I know, I miss those mamas, even though I hadn't been on very long when they stopped posting.  

I am just chugging along here.  Z starts preschool on the 11th so we're just kind of anticipating that.  I keep looking at my altar thinking that I have to change it but seem to have no motivation but I feel like it's really portraying what the time is... the flowers are wilted and going to seed there and outside...

Maiasaura's Avatar Maiasaura 09:38 AM 08-29-2012

revolting hug2.gif grouphug.gif candle.gif

Oh, hon. I am just so sorry greensad.gif

vydalea, M is trying to be back on the AA bandwagon. He's on his way to a meeting right now. He went Sunday (his new Day One) but wasn't really into it much. Didn't go Monday because he went to his dd's house. Didn't go Tuesday because he was cleaning his house. I dunno if he wasn't just feeling like cr*pola. I think maybe.

But today, YAY, and he's not being all belligerent about it. He sounds like he wants to go.

Tomorrow I go see him, hooray!

Back later-- got lots of things to go do.

DaughterOfKali's Avatar DaughterOfKali 06:59 AM 08-30-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

I've been lurking, but I lost the baby and haven't felt much like chatting.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.  My thoughts are with you.  Please send me a private message or contact me on fb if you need a friend.

witchygrrl's Avatar witchygrrl 05:15 PM 08-30-2012

Revolting, I am so so sorry for your loss. I hope you can take some time find the peace you need.

Maia, yay for seeing M. Safe travels!

Sorry that I haven't been on here much. It's tough when most of the time, I'm on my tablet, which doesn't allow me to post here. Sigh. Anyway, I do lurk and think of you all.

pampered_mom's Avatar pampered_mom 02:19 PM 08-31-2012

It's been a looooooong time since I checked MDC - the last thread I was subscribed this way was in October of 2011!  It wasn't really intentional, just got slammed by life so there you are.

revolting - Sending love and light your way - so sorry for your loss.

maia - I had *really* hoped your house would have sold while I was gone.  I hope something moves on that soon.  Oh, and the lice?  I can't say as I envy you there.  The last time we dealt with lice was when I was in middle school (?) and it still gives me the willies just thinking about it.

Sending my oldest off to ps this year - he's only in second grade, but he was homeschooled from the beginning so this is a first.  I had declared this year to be the year of Ganesh for us, but I can't say this is quite how I expected one of my obstacles to move.  

We're trying to decide how we'll handle holidays when they coincide with school days because when we homeschooled we just took the day off.  Some we can reschedule, but November 1st is typically when we celebrate Samhain and it's kind of a big deal for the family so we're contemplating taking him out of school for that day.  I just want to be careful, though, because I don't want my son to be that weirdo kid who was homeschooled in addition to holding non-mainstream religious beliefs.

I'm looking forward to fall - this side of the wheel is always my favorite time of year (right up through Imbloc anyway).  I suppose this fall is as good a time as any for big changes.

Maiasaura's Avatar Maiasaura 04:27 PM 09-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampered_mom View Postmaia - I had *really* hoped your house would have sold while I was gone.  I hope something moves on that soon.  Oh, and the lice?  I can't say as I envy you there.  The last time we dealt with lice was when I was in middle school (?) and it still gives me the willies just thinking about it.

November 1st is typically when we celebrate Samhain and it's kind of a big deal for the family so we're contemplating taking him out of school for that day.  I just want to be careful, though, because I don't want my son to be that weirdo kid who was homeschooled in addition to holding non-mainstream religious beliefs.

You and me both, mama. I hope it does too, but I may be looking at either sitting on the house for a good while, or dropping the price. Which, the price isn't bad at all, and I need profit to move. Ugh.

As for lice, I think they're gone...M checked my head with these mac-daddy loupe glasses that are like binoculars on your head, and he saw nothing at all. I still ought to check ds's when I get back, though. He's not itching anymore, but I itch a lot-- I think it's power of suggestion. I hope!

So take the day off. I never think it's a big deal to take ds out of school and I don't see any reason to tell why, either. I just do it if I feel like it! orngbiggrin.gif

revolting's Avatar revolting 09:47 AM 09-04-2012
1  2

Up