Feng Shui Sunlight - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-09-2012, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay! I am going to be moving into my own apartment with my husband and daughter! FINALLY! For the first time since we have been married!

ONE Big question: Our house does not have a view, windows in the living area, and two rooms.  But we are facing a building.  As soon as I enter the house, I am facing North.

It appears like sunlight will not be entering our homes.

Any thoughts, on how to ensure great chi and feng shui in this new place we will be calling home in a few weeks time?

The books I have I have not yet found any informatoin on importance of having sunlight enter the house etc.

I also want to protect privacy.  

Thoughts please

#2 of 6 Old 12-09-2012, 07:22 AM

Hello Speedmum

I'm an accredited Feng Shui consultatn and wrote an article a little while ago about the importance of light.  You can find it here: (link removed by moderator) 

It is important to maximise the light potential in your home as it can have an effect on the movement of Chi, lift the atmosphere and have an effect on our physical and mental health.  In addition to what's mentioned in the article you can use light colours, light reflecting paint and furniture choice can really make a difference.

I hope that's helpful.  I am based in the UK but do quite a few consultations remotely so please contact em if I can be of any help

Jackie

#3 of 6 Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 AM

First, congratulations! It is so important for us to have our unique, independent spaces, especially when married and raising a family! So this is wonderful for you and your family!

As you intuited, sunlight is extremely important for good feng shui. Books talk about windows and "views", but I am really surprised that you haven't read about sunlight. Muy importante!

So, my suggestions are the following:

Paint - Perhaps paint your living room in a yellow to mimic the sun. However, yellows can be a really tough color to get the right one. I wouldn't use bright yellow - it could be overpowering. Try a muted tone. In fact, yellow will appear a shade darker on the walls than it looks in the paint can, so try one shade lighter than the one you pick. And yellow needs some balance so you can pair it with a soft, warm white on the trim and doors. 

Mirrors - Use mirrors to reflect and amplify the natural light that you do get. Mirrors can act as another window!

Plants - Live plants will bring wonderful vital energy to your new home! Here are some great suggestions for plants that will remove toxins from your home and some do not need much direct light:

(link removed by moderator) 

Clearing & Blessing - Before you move in, or immediately after, open all the windows and walk around your home with a smudge stick (sage) with the intent to clear out the energy left from previous residents. Imagine their energy going out the windows with the smoke. And then place your blessing on the home - it could be a prayer or prayerful request to bring in the most positive energy in every area of your life - health, family, children, career, abundance, etc. Another great way to clear your space is with sound. Read more here:

(Link removed by moderator) 

And, even more than most homes, DO NOT let the clutter build up! Make sure that you maintain a sense of peace and relaxation and your new home will be a magnificent sanctuary for your new family to enjoy!

Best of luck,

Maureen

#4 of 6 Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)

I have removed a couple of links from the posts above. Please take note of our policy regarding advertising and solicitation:

Advertising & Solicitation

We don’t welcome people posting their wares or promoting their websites in discussion threads. There are proper channels for advertising (contact advertise@mothering.com).

Links to personal websites will need removed, however, you are welcome to paraphrase content in an effort to engage in discussion with members of the community. Links to personal accounts are welcome in your profile page. 

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#5 of 6 Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Maureen and Jackie :) Appreciate your support and reply on this question.

#6 of 6 Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Since housewarming prayer party would be one way of bringing in positive energy and cheer at home.   We do that in our community culture calling in a priest to bless the house.

That being said, if there are people/family who might not exactly feel/appear positive toward this accomplishment  yet need to be invited.

Is there a way to space clear or protect the house from naysayers or those who aren't happy for your success?

Thoughts?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page