Crunchy Christian mamas '13 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 462 Old 12-23-2013, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LilChunklins View Post

Feeling much better today. It might have just been the result of a very overwhelming weekend catching up with me. Thank you for your prayers. DH was telling me it was probably an attack too. He's been preaching about the scripture that talks about putting your hand to the plow and turning back.. And encouraging us to keep plowing because if you have been sowing seeds of righteousness you will eventually reap the blessings and crops of righteousness . The thing is, that the harder you work pushing the plow,the more opposition you face. I know there is a crop of blessings waiting on the other side of the feild for me, but that sure is hsrd to remember when your in the thick of it!

All that to say, I know that I'm not the only one. Just wanted to encouage you gals to keep pushing that plow!

I am glad that you feel better.

#422 of 462 Old 12-24-2013, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

partytime.gifjumpers.gifviolin.gif Let's have a b-day party for Jesus. Merry Christmas everyone

#423 of 462 Old 12-24-2013, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay! Merry Christmas! So thankful for you, Jesus!
#424 of 462 Old 12-25-2013, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Dear Lord Jesus, Thank you for leaving your throne in heaven to be born so humbley on the earth which you created. Thank you for dying for fallen wicked creatures such as myself, who don't deserve to have such love lavished upon us! Thank you for your love for us and your obedience to the Father. Thank you for setting us free indeed! All the honor and the glory are yours! Happy birthday as you reign on the right hand of the Father God Almighty

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#425 of 462 Old 12-25-2013, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

In the highest heavens, glory to God! And on earth, peace among people of good will!

LUKE 2: 14

#426 of 462 Old 12-26-2013, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Good Afternoon! How was your Christmas?

I eat tttoooo much. We had a great visit with my family. Nice day

#427 of 462 Old 12-26-2013, 10:06 AM

We spent the day at church as planned, just didn't end up going to MILs, she had a Christmas eve melt down, cussed out DH and hung up on him, so we kept our distance. Still not sure what to do with the gifts we got for them...
Had a wonderful time at church! Its like Jesus said, my mother and brothers are those that do the will of my Father.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

#428 of 462 Old 12-26-2013, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

We spent the day at church as planned, just didn't end up going to MILs, she had a Christmas eve melt down, cussed out DH and hung up on him, so we kept our distance. Still not sure what to do with the gifts we got for them...
Had a wonderful time at church! Its like Jesus said, my mother and brothers are those that do the will of my Father.

OH NO!!!

One funny thing for us...we visited a friend. They watch that Duck Dynasty show headscratch.gif I don't get it?

#429 of 462 Old 12-26-2013, 01:31 PM

Me neither ... to each his own I suppose.

#430 of 462 Old 12-26-2013, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

So let's talk about the New Year. :joy Goal? No goals? Things you would like? Anything?

What do you ladies think of doing a thread a month? Or 1 for the whole year?

#431 of 462 Old 12-26-2013, 07:20 PM

As far as the thread is concerned, I'm good either way. I know thats not much help, sorry, being indecisive again.

New years goal.... it would be wonderful to lose my baby #4 weight.
I really just want to do the Lord's will this year. I want to hear His voice everyday. I want to act in obedience without hesitation. I want to sow into the Kingdom, and do whatever work He has planned for me. I want to be a good steward, not just of money and material, but of my children, my marriage, of my relationship with Jesus, and my time. I want to become who I am called to be!

#432 of 462 Old 12-27-2013, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

My New Years goals are to

* listen more

* I become less HE become more

#433 of 462 Old 12-27-2013, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Friday:energy

I love you with an everlasting love; this is why in my grace I draw you to me. Jeremiah 31:2

#434 of 462 Old 12-27-2013, 08:08 AM

Friday?? LOL

#435 of 462 Old 12-27-2013, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, it has been a weird week:flipped

#436 of 462 Old 12-27-2013, 09:44 AM

Ya threw me off there for a minute this morning. I read that and really thought it was Monday . LOL

#437 of 462 Old 12-27-2013, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry...LOL

#438 of 462 Old 12-27-2013, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

As far as the thread is concerned, I'm good either way. I know thats not much help, sorry, being indecisive again.

New years goal.... it would be wonderful to lose my baby #4 weight.
I really just want to do the Lord's will this year. I want to hear His voice everyday. I want to act in obedience without hesitation. I want to sow into the Kingdom, and do whatever work He has planned for me. I want to be a good steward, not just of money and material, but of my children, my marriage, of my relationship with Jesus, and my time. I want to become who I am called to be!

Do you have a plan for losing the weight?

I have to work on reading the Bible more. I would love to find a disicpleship relationship. Or even a friend that is a christian?

As far as the thread lets try one for each month? Let us just try...

#439 of 462 Old 12-27-2013, 08:31 PM

Ok. Sounds good to me.

I was doing pretty good for awhile eating really healthy and getting out to do a mile with all 4 kids. But I just got burnt out, having all the kids with me makes it more of a "stop and smell the roses" pace when I am really needing a pump up your heart rate pace. So, I just stopped trying.
As far as a plan goes, I have been being mindful to not eat when I'm not hungry, so I'm going to continue with that. I would like to start walking again when the weather gets nice again . Here in the mountains I have to drive somewhere to go for a walk. I miss living in NJ for the flat land, and convienent blocks to walk around. The 2 kids I had in NJ I lost all my baby weight by 8 months by getting out for walks. Not so EZ here.
I've got 20 Lbs to go to get to pre baby 4 weight, I would prefer to lose 30 though as I was dieting when I conceived him.

#440 of 462 Old 12-28-2013, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Walking outside went out the window with #3. So, I MOVE around my house 1/2hr to an hour. I turn on music. I dance, walk or just whatever to move around. It is good to get the kids moving too. 

#441 of 462 Old 12-28-2013, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

The JESUS film came. If you want one PM and I will send you 1

#442 of 462 Old 12-28-2013, 07:40 AM

K I'm PMing u.
That's a good idea about inside the house smile.gif

#443 of 462 Old 12-28-2013, 10:53 AM

Ok, I need some advise.
I'm going to mail my MIL a birthday card along with the Cmas presents for her and that side of the family. I'm considering sending her some info about vax facts since she's treating my family like we have typhoid based in common myths. I'm also considering writing a letter, letting her know that we are very hurt by her immaturity, by her favoring the other grand kids (My kids see it, and are hurt) and that since the abundance of the heart flows through the mouth, she has got a major offense with my DH and our family. If she brings the offense to the table we will own up to it and make it right, but as of right now I'm clueless as to why she's harboring such hostility towards us.
I just don't know if my heart is right, since I would quite enjoy socking her in the mouth for disrespecting my DH like she did kwim!

#444 of 462 Old 12-29-2013, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Can you sit down and talk about it? To me the children are the most important thing.  If you children are hurt then that NEEDS attention and I would have a LONG talk and tell MIL how hurt they are. MY mil treats her DD children better then mine. I let it go now. BUT if my children EVER said something to me I would talk to my MIL!!!

Just my 2cents

#445 of 462 Old 12-29-2013, 06:25 AM

See, I would *love* to sit down and have an open heart to heart. But she's SO fake and will say just about anything to be agreeable and then continue on however she sees fit. Or sometimes she'll just say "Lets talk about something else"
Here's the big deal for me, I cannot even keep track of how many times my kids have asked me "why does nana love Hailey more than us?" (Hailey is my BILs DD) What do you say to a question like that without lying?
I kinda feel like to her we are replaceable, she has another son, DIL, DGD and DGS, so she's good. She's basically my kids only nana. My mom lives in NJ, which is 800 miles away.
So while we are easily replaced in her heart, my kids (and DH) are losing someone that cannot be replaced.
I was in the word for a lil bit last night, and I think that its fine to mail a letter as long as I keep myself within the fruits of the Spirit. I can express my heart without judgements or accusation .

#446 of 462 Old 12-29-2013, 08:25 AM

I'm sorry you're going through this, 3LilChunklins. It is so hard and so confusing when a parent doesn't act how they should. My MIL has a pretty severe personality disorder, so for the protection of our marriage and child, we asked her not to contact us anymore. It's hardest on DH to not have his mom, but we just needed her toxicity put on hold so that we could tackle our own obstacles.

He wrote her a letter and that was the most effective. Is it possible for your husband to play a role in writing the letter? It wouldn't have meant anything to my MIL if I had contacted her. It had to come from her own son.

I don't know how to respond to your children's pain and confusion. To me, a good grandma (just like a good mom) loves all of her grandchildren equally, not in the same way but equally. Perhaps you could say that she shows her love to them differently than the cousins? It might take some stretching and dramatizing but you could give examples where she showed your kids "special" love and attention.

DH and I saw a therapist for tips on dealing with his mom. The most important thing she told us is to set boundaries. If your MIL is cussing out your husband, it sounds like she isn't respecting normal social boundaries. So maybe it would help to focus on what you are and are not ok with. That's certainly more enforceable than you telling her what hurts you and then her lying about changing.

Something that DH and I have tried regarding his mom is to try to forgive her hurts against us, but not give her opportunities to create new ones. At least not until she demonstrates that she's making an effort NOT to hurt us. Which she hasn't yet.

Good luck with this. It's a really hard place to be.
#447 of 462 Old 12-29-2013, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

3Lilchuncklins- Write the letter if that is what you feel is right. I will pray that she will understand and that things can be made right.

#448 of 462 Old 12-29-2013, 08:37 AM

I forgot to mention: with DH's mom, discussions/heart to hearts/etc. don't work because she focuses on fault, blame, and guilt (all directed away from herself, of course) and walks away feeling even more justified in her behavior. Our therapist said to tell her something along the lines of "this isn't up for discussion. We we're hurt by ___(top few hurts)______. ________ is unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated (be specific in describing the offending behavior). We are happy to interact with you again when you're willing to respect our boundaries."

Your MIL doesn't sound as lost as mine, so maybe you wouldn't need to be so blunt with her.

(I also understand about your mom being so far away. My parents are almost as far and it's VERY hard on DH and I.)
#449 of 462 Old 12-29-2013, 08:39 AM

Praying for forgiveness, repentance, and redemption.
#450 of 462 Old 12-29-2013, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyloveBC View Post

He wrote her a letter and that was the most effective. Is it possible for your husband to play a role in writing the letter? It wouldn't have meant anything to my MIL if I had contacted her. It had to come from her own son.

This is a good idea. I know that my MIL will NOT listen to me.  :grouphug

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page