January Pagan Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

That chili recipe sounds yummmmmy!  I might have to sub something for bison, though.  

Any ground meat would probably work fine. It's the spices that are so divine! I did a chili very similar to this last year with ground lamb... perfect for Imbolc.
#62 of 65 Old 01-29-2013, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostMaia: I am so glad to hear that M is still doing well.  That makes my heart happy.  As for the house, I think if you've come to the end of your patience for waiting to get your hiney up to MA then you need to release it for whatever you can get if you're still going to have a cushion, etc.  Whatever happened to those first time homebuyers who really liked the house but then had to take a class before they could decide to place an offer?

I feel like I keep all of my sabbats small and simple which is totally the kind of person that I am.  I love Imbolc as a "stirring of the seeds" - I love the idea of the earth starting to wake and the promises and possibilities therein.  heartbeat.gif 

Honker biglaugh.gif M says honker. That totally cracks me up.

M says thank you orngbiggrin.gif

And yeah-- about the house. Plus, I have to get a job this year greensad.gif I haven't worked since 1999. When my father died that year, I took a bunch of money that he left me and bought an annuity. What that is, is they took all the money I handed over, and gave it back to me every month like a paycheck. Plus took out taxes for me. So I had money to stay home and raise ds, as a single parent, without having to work. It's been lovely! But it's running out this year, in September. At least I feel I made an excellent decision to stay home with my boy during his most formative years thumb.gif

I don't want to work, frankly; I LOVE not working. But I have to-- I don't have the money for another annuity. And I really want to be up in MA before I have to figure that mess out. I don't want to add working to my list of Things To Do when I get there! Which is another reason for a cushion. I want a couple of months to get my bearings before adding a job to the mix.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#63 of 65 Old 01-30-2013, 12:32 PM

Quick run-by: Tooth fairy traditions?

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#64 of 65 Old 01-30-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

Quick run-by: Tooth fairy traditions?

Dang, since ds is turning 12 (tomorrow!!!) he is losing MORE teeth. He has about 5 or 6 to go, I think, but it seems like they're all coming out at once!

His tooth fairy is named Flossie. She gave him a letter (computerized, with signature and everything) back when he lost his first tooth. Now she brings him like $2 per tooth, sometimes $3, and sometimes with a tooth related treat, such as a toothbrush or floss or breath strips. It was less when he was younger. Sometimes, then, she would bring a dollar coin, all shiny and new.

She's trying to get more creative. He's not thrilled with money, much.

Oh, and the best thing? He used to want his tooth back, so she doesn't have to go hunting for it under his pillow. Now he doesn't want them, but we still put them in a teeny jewelry plastic ziploc (1.5" x 1.5" or so), so they're easier to find. If she bothers to take the tooth. Because she knows his history and that he used to want to keep the teeth.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#65 of 65 Old 02-01-2013, 04:44 PM

Maia- I love that your tooth fairy is named Flossie. That's so cute & clever!

February Pagan Family Thread up! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1373698/february-pagan-family-thread . I figured that if I started the thread, I might actually feel like I ought to post more than once every few months! orngbiggrin.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page