Prepping for the 2013 Treasure Map! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-09-2013, 03:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

2whistle.gif  Just gonna leave this here treehugger.gif  I don't think I came onto the boards to TM last year, although I DID make a Map!,  Just not the same doing it without the crowd here & Tracy leading the charge hehehe.  The energy of the space we always have here is just great.. however I'm a bit out of touch, so I will have forgotten usernames and such, please don't be offended!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

So...yeah, me too on the multiple years for manifesting. I've had my house for sale for the last 3-1/2 years and it's been vehemently on all my maps and hasn't even had a bite. Though, the showings have trickled in more in the past month or three, than they have in the whole last 3 years. I've done everything I can, including lowering the price to a ridiculous level, considering that housing is going up. Existing housing has gone up 30-odd percent in my area in the last year, and this house? Nada gloomy.gif I have done everything that can be done. The few showings I have had recently, people didn't like the location. I can't do a thing about that. I wasn't thrilled with it either, but I went for structure over location, because I knew I would not be able to fix things, or hire people to fix things, and I'm a single mama. I paid $140K for it and I now have it listed at $129,900 and I am not going any lower. I need profit in order to move, and I need wiggle room for people to offer lower. Ack.

OTOH, many other things on my 2012 map have manifested. Though, the house is the biggie, the ONE THING that I really want. Really, really want. I want it sold.

Fancy meeting you here mama hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlhowl View Post

Any one elses husbands/partners making treasure maps to?
DH & I spent the day declutterinf and organzing. Feeling good smile.gif <3

My partner doesn't make a map with me, but he is very supportive of me making one every year!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 04:09 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

regarding manifesting. 

i've had mixed reactions. 

what is interesting is that through these years i have had HUGE conciousness changes. 

materialistically some have come through and some have not. 

whatever changes have happened though created further changes that came as a surprise. 

some of ht eopportunities happened but i decided to turn them down. 

every year i bring different energy to my maps. 

this is the first time in a while where i actually have been excited in doing a TM. soooo excited. contrast this to last year. i wasnt really excited. i just did it - dont know why. there was no enthusiasm. i didnt buy any new supplies. but when i did start i got drawn into the subjects. i drew and copied. i stayed up nights. i didnt eat. all my free time was spent on the map. i wasnt even in the wanting, just enjoying the process of drawing. 

wham! wham! wham! what a year it has been. i notice when my conciousness changes the outside changes too. and it has. 

i have also learnt to let things go and trust in the divine will. i have had my wishes granted and realised i didnt want that after all and was glad to get out of that situation. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlhowl View PostAny one elses husbands/partners making treasure maps to?
DH & I spent the day declutterinf and organzing. Feeling good smile.gif <3

"Too", which means "also"...."to" means as in "going to" (That's me being spelling police, sorry redface.gif ).

Yes, my man is doing one. He lives 800+ miles away, but we are going to partially map with each other over web cam luxlove.gif This will be his 3rd one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post

YES Maiasaura, I finally did in 2012, thank heavens!  Now this year I will have to put some stuff about losing weight because I picked up food instead!

OMG, yay! That is so awesome! I "smoked" drinking straws when I was quitting. I have always had oral fixations so I suck my fingers and pens and things, but when I quit smoking, I was determined that I would not gain weight. I gained 4lb from quitting. I gained a whole lot more (like 50+lbs!) from other things, later on, but not from quitting smoking. I am so proud of you! What an accomplishment. I know how hard that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSo View PostBut mostly appreciate the reminder that it is about Awareness.

That is not my Word For The Year, but it ought to be. I'm for sure (depending on my mood when the energy shifts!) going to put that word on my map!

Every map I've done so far has been on foam board, horizontally, exactly the same basic format. I'm considering doing a more fluid shape (not rectangular) and maybe painting the background. I have a ton of 22x28 poster board. We shall see! Usually Day1 is spent buying and acquiring magazines/supplies, and cutting things out. The basic background comes on Day2, and the final playing with placement and actual placement come later. I have no idea what this year's is going to look like.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 04-09-2013, 11:04 AM

How much longer do we have to declutter before the TM starts, can declutter continue after the TM time starts? continue after 5:35am EST?  I still have some to go with my daughters Toys and my own clothes...and of course my husband's stuff..

Old 04-09-2013, 01:02 PM

speedmum, I'm still decluttering too... I say go for it, better late than never shrug.gif

Tracy, I have a feng shui question as I'm sort of rearranging my house. Can I put photos or reminders/quotes around a mirror??? Does it intensify the images or does it deflect?! I'm confused and would really like to just go for it, but don't want to be a negative change, ya know?

It's almost TM time and I'm feeling pretty apprehensive, maybe a hot bath and some relaxation/meditation tonight would be a good idea....

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:10 PM

Okay so here is a strange question ... my fiance and I have been talking about the treasure map and what we would like to manifest and he posed the question this morning if we could do a joint map? Thoughts on this?

Mama to:Ben (12), Natalie (9), Zoe (5)

Old 04-09-2013, 05:07 PM

I'm not sure if it's resistance or just old fashioned procrastination/lack of time with homeschooling 2 older kids and keeping an active/separation angsty 1 yr old out of mischief., but I've only gotten rid of a couple of the bags I had in my basement to donate. I haven't called the women's shelter to see what they can use from the other stuff I have, I haven't cleaned up and gotten rid of our old vacuum, my kitchen was clean but is now a disaster again....It's very frustrating.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 PM

Okay, so my 2012 TM had a lot of "LET GO" on it - so I decluttered as much as I can... working on some last minute office piles at the moment...and I'm just going to LET GO of whatever else I might need to declutter and clean.

I cleaned the CRAP out of the bedrooms yesterday.  The spirit just moved me and I went with it... good enough.

Burned the 2012 map in the garden about a half hour ago... SO READY FOR TOMORROW.

except I didn't buy any poster board as I have in previous years...wonder what I have in my art closet to use... must be a sign it's time to use something else... **I HOPE!!** 

Happy TM-ing tomorrow everyone!! blowkiss.gif

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 PM

Ooooh I'm really feeling it - just cleaned my entire house today, rearranged furniture, smudged with sage throughout each room, danced, laughed, sprayed everything with lavender rescue remedy, and really tried to let go of the past year... after DD goes to bed, I'll be unwinding in a hot bath and really allowing myself to unfold from everything... this year is going to be incredible, I can feel it!

Love to you all tonight! grouphug.gif

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post

I'm not sure if it's resistance or just old fashioned procrastination/lack of time with homeschooling 2 older kids and keeping an active/separation angsty 1 yr old out of mischief., but I've only gotten rid of a couple of the bags I had in my basement to donate. I haven't called the women's shelter to see what they can use from the other stuff I have, I haven't cleaned up and gotten rid of our old vacuum, my kitchen was clean but is now a disaster again....It's very frustrating.

don't be frustrated.  Do the best you can and even if you are getting rid of stuff on new moon that is okay.  it might be a harbinger of the year which could be very positive.  

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 04-09-2013, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabobbin View Post

Okay so here is a strange question ... my fiance and I have been talking about the treasure map and what we would like to manifest and he posed the question this morning if we could do a joint map? Thoughts on this?

no joint maps.

but you can do them at the same time.  It is powerful and fun!

Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post

speedmum, I'm still decluttering too... I say go for it, better late than never shrug.gif

Tracy, I have a feng shui question as I'm sort of rearranging my house. Can I put photos or reminders/quotes around a mirror??? Does it intensify the images or does it deflect?! I'm confused and would really like to just go for it, but don't want to be a negative change, ya know?

It's almost TM time and I'm feeling pretty apprehensive, maybe a hot bath and some relaxation/meditation tonight would be a good idea....

hmmm?  I think I would start with a clean mirror and put your focus on the map.  If you feel you need the reminders on the mirrors later in the month then go for it.  But I would be inclined to just start the energy with the map. 

Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmum View Post

How much longer do we have to declutter before the TM starts, can declutter continue after the TM time starts? continue after 5:35am EST?  I still have some to go with my daughters Toys and my own clothes...and of course my husband's stuff..

Yes.  I think decluttering on new moon sets a tone for the year that I think is not so bad.    I may have some stuff to take to goodwill....myself.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post

regarding manifesting. 

i've had mixed reactions. 

what is interesting is that through these years i have had HUGE conciousness changes. 

materialistically some have come through and some have not. 

whatever changes have happened though created further changes that came as a surprise. 

some of ht eopportunities happened but i decided to turn them down. 

every year i bring different energy to my maps. 

this is the first time in a while where i actually have been excited in doing a TM. soooo excited. contrast this to last year. i wasnt really excited. i just did it - dont know why. there was no enthusiasm. i didnt buy any new supplies. but when i did start i got drawn into the subjects. i drew and copied. i stayed up nights. i didnt eat. all my free time was spent on the map. i wasnt even in the wanting, just enjoying the process of drawing. 

wham! wham! wham! what a year it has been. i notice when my conciousness changes the outside changes too. and it has. 

i have also learnt to let things go and trust in the divine will. i have had my wishes granted and realised i didnt want that after all and was glad to get out of that situation. 

Yeah, you are feeling Mars.   He is all over this year's moon.   Big time.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

2whistle.gif  Just gonna leave this here treehugger.gif  I don't think I came onto the boards to TM last year, although I DID make a Map!,  Just not the same doing it without the crowd here & Tracy leading the charge hehehe.  The energy of the space we always have here is just great.. however I'm a bit out of touch, so I will have forgotten usernames and such, please don't be offended!!

Fancy meeting you here mama hehehe

My partner doesn't make a map with me, but he is very supportive of me making one every year!

Smooch.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post

Aubergine, I woke up one morning and thought, Wow, it feels like treasure map new moon today!  I had been decluttering and cleaning, my house was spic and span, and Aries energy was streaming in.  It turned out that the Sun moved into Aries that very day!  There are a few other planets in Aries now, and actually, the moon is in Aries starting today, it is just not New Moon until Weds.  So, yeah, you are right, there is plenty of Aries energy in the air already!

I came here to ask a Q.  I just decided to smudge my house and I wonder if this will be better to do before or after New Moon?

I think it makes sense on balsamic and new phase. For different reasons.  One to say goodbye and the other to call in.

just my 2 cents.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Okay guys.   When I wake up I will put up the official 2013 Treasure Map thread.  Remember I am West Coast.....so give me a little time.

In the mean time I wish you all a fabulous year and I know for a fact you will all have big breakthroughs.

I anticipate it to be a wonderful year.

hugs

T

Old 04-10-2013, 05:29 AM

I got up and did some space clearing. Smudging and chanting. Happy new year. What happens to last years map?

Old 04-10-2013, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Postexcept I didn't buy any poster board as I have in previous years...wonder what I have in my art closet to use... must be a sign it's time to use something else... **I HOPE!!** 

Happy TM-ing tomorrow everyone!! blowkiss.gif

I didn't, either. I usually do mine on foam board, but I'm maybe going to try something new, too. I have lots and lots of poster board as I use it for an art class I had. I'm going to maybe pull out my art supplies, too! Yay for co-art-mapping!

I have lots of pinky-light red-orangy on my mind. Lots of swirling painty ideas. Today, though, is going to mostly be magazine-cutting-out.

One thing we did, in the art class I had, was to go through magazines and just tear out colors. It was interesting because some of the large swatches of color had texture to them (like, a green field of grass, but just cut out the green, so it had grassy texture, for instance). We incorporated those into (or onto) the paintings we did-- it was a mixed media class-- but it had a very interesting effect. I might do that. I might do the bagua color thingy but with paint and pieces of magazine. I might do lots of things! The possibilities are endless! Happy TM day!

I do not know what I am going to do with last year's map. It's on the wall, still. I may take it down later today. I had done it on foam board and when it was done, I Mod Podged it, so I don't think burning that would be very good for the environment...I don't know yet. Any ideas?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 04-10-2013, 07:09 AM

I had other plans for my TM. You know all the usual things, health, happiness, etc. but now, I am asking for the biggest thing of all...

I thought I would have my baby two weeks ago, and I'd be treasure mapping with my kids and a newborn. Now, I am totally shifting! I am going to TM about a healthy baby and mom and a peaceful birth. We have to go to the hospital bc my MW had to go out of town, and so that is a hiccup, but I am sure Mars can push us into a favorable situation! LOL.

We have been joking... Surely this baby won't wait until the new moon. And now here we are...

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
Old 04-10-2013, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My map is too pretty that I don't want to let it go this year. I usually rip it up and recycle it. I'm working right now so I'm not sure what I'll do when I get home yet.
I was up to greet the new moon. DS was up at 4am (pacific time) to play video games. Umm. No. Happy mapping everyone!

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
Old 04-10-2013, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
So it's ok to have a smaller map, right? I'm very private and I don't want mine "out there" for my whole family to poke at. I was thinking construction paper sized?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post

My map is too pretty that I don't want to let it go this year. I usually rip it up and recycle it. I'm working right now so I'm not sure what I'll do when I get home yet.
I was up to greet the new moon. DS was up at 4am (pacific time) to play video games. Umm. No. Happy mapping everyone!

Last year's map was so pretty and powerful that I did have trouble burning it. But I did, because I feel that's the way to have a fresh start.

My new map is going slow as of yesterday. I only have a few things on it so far. Maybe the feelings will come tonight and I'll be able to finish.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

no joint maps.

but you can do them at the same time.  It is powerful and fun!

Can you elaborate on this for us? We are interested in the reasoning behind it. I don't know much about astrology so I am clueless here :)

Mama to:Ben (12), Natalie (9), Zoe (5)

Old 04-11-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabobbin View Post

Can you elaborate on this for us? We are interested in the reasoning behind it. I don't know much about astrology so I am clueless here :)

JMO We are mapping personal wishes,desires and intent. Each of us has our unique path, so we need individual maps.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:30 PM

DH and I made our maps on Saturday night! I love love love mine. I was completely in the zone, very focused and passionate, the whole time I was making it and when it was done I could not take my eyes off it. Finishing it was very emotional for me. It ended up very different than I expected -- I left off a lot of images I had initially felt strongly about. And other images that seemed like filler at first ended up being very resonant.

DH's is not finished -- he just started with a few images he said were very powerful, but decided he wanted to draw or paint the rest. What is a good time frame for finishing an unfinished map?

Also -- for anyone else who needs to keep their map hidden, what strategies are you using? While in theory I love the idea of sharing the map with my family, some parts of it are not ready to be shared with anyone but DH. So, for now, I have it hiding behind a dresser. It's big -- on poster board -- but it fits against the wall behind a large chest of drawers. I've been trying to pull it out at least once a day to gaze upon it. orngbiggrin.gif

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
Old 04-16-2013, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitMama View Post

Also -- for anyone else who needs to keep their map hidden, what strategies are you using? 

I usually photograph mine and use it as my computer wallpaper - an image of the whole and closeups of different parts and then set the images to rotate.

I am not anywhere near finished mine.  So much has been happening in my life and in the world that I'm glad I'm not rushing, because I can feel my priorities changing.  I am hoping mine will be done in 9 days - by the full moon.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:41 PM

Aubergine - I love the wallpaper idea!

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

Old 04-19-2013, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitMama View Post
Also -- for anyone else who needs to keep their map hidden, what strategies are you using? While in theory I love the idea of sharing the map with my family, some parts of it are not ready to be shared with anyone but DH. So, for now, I have it hiding behind a dresser. It's big -- on poster board -- but it fits against the wall behind a large chest of drawers. I've been trying to pull it out at least once a day to gaze upon it. orngbiggrin.gif

Would the inside of your closet door be private enough  place??

nerdy mom to DD1 7yo, D2 infant
Old 04-20-2013, 09:39 AM

When is the last day to finish the map, I'd like to add a few things I had not considered or prioritize as would like to have in the next year...can it completed before April 25/full moon?

Tags
Personal Growth
User Tag List