Prepping for the 2013 Treasure Map! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, Everybody.

I am so sorry I didn't get here two weeks ago and start the officially Prepping for 2013 Treasure Map.

Normally I put up this Prepping thread on Capricorn New Moon which was on January 11.... I was up to my eyeballs with stuff and kept telling  myself ,"Get to MDC" sigh, I'm tardy but I'm here before Full Moon so that is good!.

Okay so just to remind everyone, the next Treasure Map Moon will be on Wednesday April 10 at 5:35am  Eastern time

The 2013 Treasure Map time is three months from now.

As we all know, we take that time to make a Treasure Map, a collage of all the things we want for the new year. Yes, the new year starts in Spring not January.

Anyway, between now and then we take time to clear out clutter and junk. We get rid of stuff that is no longer working in our lives. This includes tangible stuff and non tangible like 'beliefs' "opinions" 'styles" .

We start to clear space so that by the time we get to April 10th we'll be ready to set our course for our future.

For those of you who are still waiting for results for of your 2012 Treasure Map---please know it is still working. I have had years where some of my greatest results did not come until the last couple weeks of the cycle. Don't abandon your 2012 map, just start clearning space for 2012 and don't be surprised if some of 2012 starts to manifest.

Also if you have not looked at your 2012 map lately, pull it out and dust it off.

In the meantime, start to declutter.

By the way, the 2013 Treasure Map is going to be a doozey.  Without going too deep into the astro talk, just let me tell you Mars, the warrior planet, will be all over it.  He means business!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

by the way this will be our 10th or 11th year making Treasure Maps.

i can't believe it.

I also can't believe I have 12,000 posts here!

hugs

T

Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Woot

hh2.gif

Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 PM

Guess now would be a good time to get rid of the dozen or so bags of clothes and stuff I have in my crawlspace to donate.  And hopefully a free/cheap way to get rid of the broken couch in my dining room will also appear.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 01-23-2013, 12:21 PM

WEEEEE!!  I am planning to start the big clean/declutter this week.  This being posted is such motivation.  

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 PM

Thanks for the decluttering reminder. I've already been doing a lot of that, trying to get the house to be more of a sanctuary rather than a storage unit. Think I"ll go look pull out my 2012 map now and see where things stand, haven't looked at it in a while.

Looking forward to changes for 2013.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 PM

I am so excited about the new treasure map. My 2012 map is still working! I am amazed at how things keep coming up. It's great. I've started emptying the closets, getting ready...

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 PM

By the way, the 2013 Treasure Map is going to be a doozey.  Without going too deep into the astro talk, just let me tell you Mars, the warrior planet, will be all over it.  He means business!

is this doozey good? doozey bad? go into the astro talk, i'm interested in what it means for the warrior planet to be in charge. does this necessarily mean "war" or can it be metaphor for taking strong action or courage, or having powerful energy, like the Aries Ram?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:08 PM

This sounds interesting. Can anyone do it?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

This sounds interesting. Can anyone do it?

Yes, of course!  

Old 01-25-2013, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicana View Post

is this doozey good? doozey bad? go into the astro talk, i'm interested in what it means for the warrior planet to be in charge. does this necessarily mean "war" or can it be metaphor for taking strong action or courage, or having powerful energy, like the Aries Ram?

Mars, the warrior planet will be on top of the sun and the moon.    Mars is aggressive.   He takes no hostages.  He is all action.   He will be telling the Sun and the Moon--- Do it!  Just do it.    no plug to nike by the way---that is just how Mars works.      Of course, war is defined by the owner of the treasure map.  For some people they will be much more aggressive about their health.    Perhaps war against fat.   Some people will be more aggressive about their money --they will be at war with debt or chronic low earning.  Some people will be more aggressive about fairness--they will be at war with inequities.....you get the drift.

But of course the treasure map is focused on what we want--it is not a treasure map on what we don't want-- just under the surface is Mars pushing us....

Old 01-25-2013, 08:17 AM

Where can I get more info on this? I want to make big changes for the better, so I want all the help I can get! If Mars wants to pitch in, great! So, is there something I can read to explain this? I googled it a few days ago, but was disappointed with what came up.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

If you are talking about treasure maps----here is a link that should  help you  understand TMs.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1348567/the-official-2012-treasure-map-thread#post_16920900

If you are talking about astrology, there are a lot of good astrology blogs... I write a new moon article every month by the way. 

Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 AM

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am very excited to take part in this.  I have done vision boards before, usually at Imbolc, but have never done a treasure map. It sounds wonderful and just what I need.

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 
Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Great I think you will enjoy it

Old 01-30-2013, 11:23 PM

Excited to see the thread up and be back for another round - this is going to be my 6th TM!!!

I haven't really looked at my last TM lately, but there are a few  clear successes for me from the past map already.  A minor vanity one - my hair was falling out and thinning and I put an affirmation about "thick, beautiful hair" on my TM - and it is now so thick I am considering having it cut differently - the texture is definitely changing as well as my hair not falling out the way it was.  I put an affirmation about being proud of an organization I volunteer for, and it having a strong board of directors and being known for doing good in the community - and things have improved there from struggling and dysfunctional to fantastically successful.  My business has attracted clients that are a perfect fit per my TM and my work life is very harmonious and fulfilling.

I am glad to hear about the aggressive Aries energy coming through - I have some bigger issues in my life that I need to be more aggressive and blunt with myself about changing, I think.  Especially around finances and anxiety in some areas of my life.

I used Pinterest boards as a tool to help me collect ideas and digital  images to print out for my last TM - saved a lot on magazines and it was very effective for me. You can't get started until the Aries New Moon, but if anyone is interested in trying this and you don't know Pinterest, I highly recommend figuring it out before the Aries New Moon.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:28 PM

Looking forward to this: so many of my health goals, financial goals, household goals already have manifested (though I keep hoping my baby goals will manifest still!).

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM

Aubergine68, thanks for the tip on Pinterest.  I love that site and use it already to collect inspirational images.  Great thought to use it to collect images for the treasure map.  I love that they have private boards now.  I will wait for the Aries new moon to start gathering.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 PM

Going to do my 3rd TM :)

I still remember the day I found Tracy's thread, this journey has been enlightening to say the least, now I even call it exciting.

I think I have manifested enough to believe this works.  It hasn't been an easy road, in fact the opposite but so well worth it!

I am SO excited and more confident than ever!

Thank you for this, you are part of my angel network! ;)

O and I have to add that I've manifested a new place for my own family, and will bemoving there soon.  I am in the midst of donating, clearing etc.  Exciting times, this couldn't be more appropriate.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:11 AM

Sounds great, speedmum :-)

So in addition to decluttering, physically and spiritually, should I be thinking about what I want to manifest?  Or should I wait to start ruminating/journaling on that until the new moon? Thank you.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:11 AM

sorry, double post.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:55 PM

I never completely follow through with the Treasure Map, but this year is full of new and exciting things for me, so I'm going to go through with this in 2013! I need some good will.

Single mama to DS8 and DD4. Feminist. Queer. Atheist. Poly. Full-time poli sci and econ student.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:02 PM

Yay!  Revolting, I used pinterest last year, too and loved it!

It's also my third year and I adore this process. 

HOORAY!!!!!! joy.gif

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

Old 02-07-2013, 09:00 AM

Hi! Subbing to this.  I'm excited for TM this year.  I also don't have near as much decluttering to do on any level this year; which is nice.  I will start now doing some, though!  Here's a great little cleaning thing I learned to do last year (it was suggested by Flylady): I'll be cleaning the tops of all the door frames and window frames in my house.  Maybe everyone else already does this, but before I read the idea, I had NEVER cleaned those things before. 

My current map has been on display prominently (to me) all year, but I didn't connect with it well at all until recently.  I also pulled out my map #1 from 2010, which I never felt compelled to destroy, and it is also on display (to me) now.  It's amazing how much that map did for me, but I  do feel it is still working.

Mama to 3 boys 

Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 PM

I did the Treasure map for the first time last year. I didn't follow the ba gua pattern, and instead did my own design, which cut the treasure map in half with on big thing... Wanting to move. What is funny is below this dividing line all but one thing had positive movement. Above the dividing line I had very little positive movement (really only in the last couple of weeks) and even some backtracking in those areas. Oh, and needless to say we have no plans of moving anytime soon. This year I will be looking for a different layout for sure when it gets down to design time. But before that... Decluttering! And man do I have a lot of that to do. Glad to have the motivation!

SAHMhippie.gif married to DH treehugger.gif since 09/11. Mama to DD (01/08)dust.gifand DS (06/12) babyboy.gif

Old 02-07-2013, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Starting my de-cluttering today. i took three bags of clothes and shoes we no longer need to a swap and came home with just three items. Yay!. Tomorrow, I'm taking out two bags of books the used bookstore didn't want and donating them to a little free library.

I had some great movement with last year's treasure map on the career and family front. This year, I'm hoping for a little more movement in some areas that seem to have stalled.

I'm spending Saturday morning of the new Moon tree planting. I think that's a good way to honor the earth and put your energy literally into "renewal".

Best to all.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 AM

I so want to make one of those!  They sound very cool :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post

I'm taking out two bags of books the used bookstore didn't want and donating them to a little free library.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:47 PM

Hi Tracy,

I have a question about the first TM day. The moon will be void-of-course for a good chunk of that day (12:25pm- 11:22pm) and I've read that things begun during that time rarely come to fruition or turn out very differently than expected. Do you think it would be wise to avoid beginning the TM during the void-of-course and instead making sure to get started before that time? After that time, the moon will already be in Taurus, so will it be less effective to wait until after the void? Thanks!

Manjari

~Manjari~ crafty lady, momma to DS Prahlad (3/07) and DD Daisy (7/10). Happily married to my Boo.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

mommamanjari,

I gotta say I have friends that follow voc moons religiously.  I'm not that person, honestly, it would be too much for me to do with my schedule and mommy hood and all the whatnot.

But having said that there are times when I do things and I think I am still perhaps influenced by the VOC.  Meaning I will start something and get stalled by one distraction after another and then later I realize it was a VOC moon.   In terms of when to start the treasuremapping, you have all 3.5 days of the new moon.  so if you want to wait until after VOC that would be fine. It is still new moon.    Perhaps maybe you will do something for you and which I think is wildly perfect for aries new moon---light a nice red votive candle.   (I keep my candles by my sink).  It feels so good to see it burning especially on Aries new moon.  Then actually begin the treasure mapping when it is more convenient for you in the 3.5 day cycle.   I don't always start right when it happens btw.

hth

Tags
Personal Growth
User Tag List