Lunar Calender, Moon Flow, etc - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-28-2013, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there everybody! I was wondering if anyone shared in this interest of mine...

Recently I've really been interested in the Lunar Calender. I've started calculating my "Moon Flow" according to the Lunar Day it appears to always happen on, and just today was looking at the Lunar Calender in accordance with my son's birthday coming up. While he was born on March 31st, 2011, he'll actually be turning 2 years old, according to the Lunar day, on March 8th. So I guess I'm debating on whether to hold his party according to the same numerical date, on the 31st, or do it on the 8th instead.

Beyond that, I was just wondering who shared these similar interests.

Thanks! :)

#2 of 9 Old 01-28-2013, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

I like the lunar Calendar. I follow the hebrew calendar. I celebrate both lunar and "normal" b-days joy.gif I just love b-days

#3 of 9 Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 AM

Your son will be having his lunar return on that date. But we time a year by the Sun, so we celebrate birthdays on (or near) the Solar Return. 

I do pay attention to the moon's placement, by both phase and sign, and use this information for timing my activities.  I replied to recommend Tracy's blog.  She is an MDC member and wise woman who writes lovely reports each new moon, and also at full moon, too.  You might also be interested in treasure mapping with us at Aries New Moon; Tracy has already put up a prep thread for that on this forum.

Mama to 3 boys 

#4 of 9 Old 03-18-2013, 07:37 AM

Ohhh I love this idea, especially for my daughter who will one day bleed with the moon!!!

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

Live your life, like your life depends on it. joy.gif         

#5 of 9 Old 04-01-2013, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlikam View Post

Ohhh I love this idea, especially for my daughter who will one day bleed with the moon!!!

Unfortunately, many women no longer bleed with the moon, as we are disconnected with nature =\ Did you know, originally, we were supposed to ovulate around the full moon, and bleed on the new moon? I consider myself more connected with nature than most, and my body has only JUST begun to adjust with the phases of the moon. I've read you can help it to adjust by sleeping in as much darkness as possible when the new moon is out, and sleeping with a night light on during the nights of the full moon. Typically, my body is completely out of whack during the winter, but when it starts warming up and I spend more time outside and reconnect, it adjusts to the cycles of the moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post

Your son will be having his lunar return on that date. But we time a year by the Sun, so we celebrate birthdays on (or near) the Solar Return. 

I do pay attention to the moon's placement, by both phase and sign, and use this information for timing my activities.  I replied to recommend Tracy's blog.  She is an MDC member and wise woman who writes lovely reports each new moon, and also at full moon, too.  You might also be interested in treasure mapping with us at Aries New Moon; Tracy has already put up a prep thread for that on this forum.

After MUCH research, I was finally able to find a site calculator to find this date. Turns out his solar return this year was March 30th, around 3:49 pm. So I quietly celebrated this as no one really grasped the concept of it. :)

#6 of 9 Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 AM

I have always bled with the full moon and ovulated with the new moon though I know that is reversed, I believe it matches my personality.
I personally believe it has more to do with ritual and gathering with women after holding red tents in my community and seeing/hearing about how women's cycles seem to sync up. It is really beautiful.
Also nature and light- I do think that plays into it some yes. :-)

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

Live your life, like your life depends on it. joy.gif         

#7 of 9 Old 05-08-2013, 11:44 PM

Does anyone know at what time the moon is new this new moon? A friend said it was tomorrow and has mentioned its a good time call in what you need / want etc? Maybe the wrong thread for this? 

#8 of 9 Old 05-09-2013, 03:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Tonight is the new moon.

#9 of 9 Old 05-09-2013, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post

Does anyone know at what time the moon is new this new moon? A friend said it was tomorrow and has mentioned its a good time call in what you need / want etc? Maybe the wrong thread for this? 

I always check out this site, to know when the moon phases are: http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlikam View Post

I have always bled with the full moon and ovulated with the new moon though I know that is reversed, I believe it matches my personality.
I personally believe it has more to do with ritual and gathering with women after holding red tents in my community and seeing/hearing about how women's cycles seem to sync up. It is really beautiful.
Also nature and light- I do think that plays into it some yes. :-)

I wouldn't be surprised. Although, I don't coordinate the light in our bedroom with the phases of the moon outside.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page