/*\ February Pagan Family Thread /*\ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 80 Old 02-09-2013, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jupiter is turning direct for the lunar new year (new moon in Aquarius) big changes to be received in the year of the water snake.
Lots of big fluid shifting energy happening in the cosmos.

Ahhh hugs to us all. I give thanks for the support I have in my home to nurture my soul.
For the space in my community for me to gather with other women. I am blessed. Now praying I can meet my dd where she needs to be met this week.

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

Live your life, like your life depends on it. joy.gif         

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 80 Old 02-10-2013, 11:52 AM

Hugs to everyone.

I have one thing to say.  I hate winter.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#33 of 80 Old 02-10-2013, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I spent all Saturday morning doing a tree planting with the hubby on local trails. It felt so good to be giving back to Mother Earth.

http://www.solv.org/
#34 of 80 Old 02-10-2013, 05:30 PM

hey mamas!  i'm here and have been keeping up but like EVERY.ONE.ELSE.  I have been feeling like my energy is really blocked and very exhausted.  My kid was also being a total... test of every last thread of patience that I may or may not have had.  So, yes, Jupiter turning direct has been rough.  Very, very happy the new moon has arrived and I am really hoping for new energy.

On a different note, I bought myself Natural Witchery and am loving it.  Thanks for suggesting it.  Was it you, revolting?  I don't know... it was like 3 months ago... or more... 

bah... anyway... group hug!!  grouphug.gif   

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#35 of 80 Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 AM

grouphug.gif 

yes. more group hugs. The waxing moon seems to have bounced me out of my funk and I'm feeling a little better. I hope you all are getting the same!

#36 of 80 Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

BLESSED IMBOLC!  

This week was insane - doing our celebrating tomorrow.  I could not maintain today!! haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

DS has been an absolute BEAST today. Beast, I tell you. I sent him to his room and there he will stay. I have had quite enough. Tomorrow and Sunday better be better, or he will have hell to pay.

Haha - what was it about the days before Imbolc this year? DS was a little monster on Febraury 1st (he's mad because he can't quite crawl yet), and while I had planned our whole big feast and everything for Friday night, I was in no shape to do anything after a day with him! It actually worked out really well, though; DH took him for most of Saturady, while I prepared everything in a leisurely fashion. DH & I decided we wanted to do a bit more of a formal ritual, so before we put DS to bed, we lit a candle, called Brigid (DS rang the bell as an invocation - he looked SO PROUD of himself!), and brought out an offering of milk. Then, after DS was asleep, we did our more formal ritual with the potted seeds, and ate our feast. It was a lovely night.

Maia - you are from Morris County! No way! My MIL & FIL live in Morris Plains! And I know Denville, too! I actually kind of like it; they have a great health food store that DH & I go to when we're staying with his parents, as well as a really good vegetarian Chinese place.

amlikam - that tub ritual sounds great! We only have a shower in our apartment, and I miss baths so much!

I'm very excited; I have everything I need to start my indoor worm compost, except the worms, and I will order them as soon as I have everything set up. I'm also going to plant some rainbow chard and broccoli raab in window boxes this week. Yay waxing moon energy!

#37 of 80 Old 02-11-2013, 03:56 PM

I haven't been back to Denville since 1999, when my dad died, and boy howdy, it's changed. There sure were no HF stores when I grew up there lol.gif

I am going to C&P a post I posted to FB to a private group I am on. I would like feedback, please. It's VERY long, but I tried to break it up with paragraph breaks:

There is this woman here that is one of the Pagan clergy for the Goddess temple here and is one of the ones very involved in the public rituals (leads them, sometimes). She and I are not friends, not enemies...I would say acquaintances. Enough to say hi and chat occasionally in public, but we have never hung out. We are FB friends.
She posted something yesterday that was a repost of a radio station poll. It invited comments. The question was "If a woman says don't get me anything for Valentine's Day ... should the guy listen?"
There were a couple of comments. I didn't realize, when I commented, that it was reposted from this woman's page.
There were a couple of differing answers, and hers was this: "Yes, he should listen. Nothing pisses me off more than when he gets me something after I have explicitly said not to. I don't play mind games with V-Day and I find it sickening that some men and women do. Furthermore if my husband truly loves me, I shouldn't have to wait for V-Day to be shown love."
Mine was this: "NO. I love small gestures and I agree with those who said it needn't involve money. For me, it involves gestures, however small. Even a "Happy Valentine's Day" and a kiss, that's enough for me."
Here's where the fun starts. IMMEDIATELY after I posted, she came back with this: " I am sorry but if a woman says she doesn't want something, she should own her words and mean it. If you want something, just freaking say you want it instead of playing mind games."
And I posted "Well, there is that. I don't do games, either. I guess I am now in a relationship that works, finally" with a smiley face.
Her: "But look at the question in which you just said that the guy should ignore her request. Telling a guy you don't want something for V-Day then getting pissed when he believes you IS a mind game. Telling a guy to ignore her request further perpetuates the mind game."

At which point, I realized, hey wait-- she's getting into an internet snit with me. This is not the first time-- more like the 3rd or 4th at least, where she vehemently disagreed with me on something, and appeared (you know how online is) to get really pissed about it. Pissed at ME, not just heated about the topic. But this is the first time I realized that I am feeling really angsty about her angry attitude. She is NEVER like this in public. I have another Pagan acquaintance that is quiet and demure in public, but posts contentious topics on FB all the time-- she loves an internet argument, but never disses the person posting-- just the topic. This one, I feel like she is getting really mad at ME for my opinions and not just at the topic.
I see no reason why she should have chosen to post back, in the comments of a radio station's comments, directly to me and not to the others who also said NO he should get me something anyway.
So at this point, I took it off public and wrote her a PM: "A____, I answered a question posed by a radio station, just for fun. I'm not trying to argue with you or any particular person, really!
Perhaps you are right. Perhaps I wasn't paying attention. But I don't want contention-- I like you. I was just playing a silly radio station game."

Because, for me, being kind is more important that being right. Because for me, harmony is really important. AND, I don't really even know her personally beyond public chit-chat, and I feel that she's taking this way out of line.
So this was her PM response: "I don't sugar coat anything. You'd don't get to hide behind a "silly" radio station game when you suggest mind games in a relationship. You said it, own it. They are your words and words have power."

Now, this has really been upsetting me all damn day. I did not see what she did, that I am suggesting mind games, but whatever. I also thought more about the question and realized that she could be right, however, it would involve another person and their will, too. Suppose the man honored his own feelings that he felt compelled to give her something anyway? Don't his feelings count for anything?
But, that is beside the point.
I haven't answered her yet. I don't know what to say. M says let it go, but I can't. I want closure about this, PLUS, we see each other every 6 weeks for ritual AND sometimes other times, too.
The big problem for me is, I feel like she is picking on me or picking fights with me for some reason and I don't know why. I don't CARE why, I just want it to stop. She does not have to agree with me-- apparently she doesn't agree with me about much of anything, let alone mildly disagrees.
She doesn't have to LIKE me, even. You can't be liked by everyone.
But why this freaking picking a fight online? I want it to stop. I want harmony. I am not like this. I don't fight with people, online or otherwise.

What would y'all do? What would your response be?

I am thinking something along the lines of:
"A____, listen. I feel a whole lot of contention from you, and this is not the first time on FB I have felt this way-- more like the 3rd or 4th at least. I realize that you very strongly disagree with me on a lot of topics, and that's OK. Perhaps you don't even really like ME, and that's OK, too. But please, for the love of all that's holy, stop picking fights with me on FB. Maybe you don't realize you're doing it, but it feels that way to me.
I don't not get along with people. I don't dislike you. I don't care if your opinions differ from mine. This has really been stressing me out. Not the topic, or the difference of opinion-- but the vehement anger I feel emanating from you towards me.
I believe with all my heart that it is more important to be kind than to be right.
Please, let's just drop it and get along, K?"

Thanks for listening, mamas, if you stuck with me that long. I would LOVE to hear feedback. For the record, I go to every single public ritual, and she is involved in them all. I've been going for years. I am not by nature a contentious person, as you can tell from reading that...but help?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#38 of 80 Old 02-12-2013, 08:21 AM

Personally I agree with M. I think you wont find closure with this woman. I find when people "don't sugar coat things" they often (but not always) are harder to show your way of thinking. Also replying to her is giving away your power. I think for you if it REALLY bothers you and you want to really have her see *you* - that perhaps you ask her to check in next time you are in person with one another. I find people are less likely to be human on FB than in person.

I have basically left FB during the last few weeks (except this week I have been going on more because a womn I know is really sick and may be passing over sometime soon and her family has requested we keep in touch that way so they don't have a million calls to respond to.) The day my dad was crossing over I had a woman in my community try and tear me a new one.. publicly about something (she was wrong in this instance and 4 people tried to curb the shock but I ripped her head off - figuratively- and fully embraced my warrior goddess and boundary maker).  I typically try to be more kinder, even when being "direct" - but she was saying things she never had the nerve to tell me to my face. I say what I need to typically, but I try to remember like me others have feelings too..... and do so in a way that is respectful.

I think *we* (global we) often hide behinde a veil on FB and internent - and sometimes say things we can't say to each other.

Personally if she means that much to you, I would check in with her in person but not in FB - because obviously she doesn't get that she isn't being nice. In the end I find sometimes people don't jive with me and that's ok to. I persoanlly don't try to make people like me but I certainly don't try to be mean either...

I don't know if that maks sense.

Hope that helps. Remember FB is just a part of our worlds, you are so much more than this moment right now.

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

#39 of 80 Old 02-12-2013, 10:01 AM

Thank you, amlikam, for your kind reply. My reply to her totally backfired. Here was my reply:

"Listen, A____... I feel a whole lot of contention from you, and this is not the first time on FB I have felt this way-- more like the 3rd or 4th at least. I realize that you very strongly disagree with me on a lot of topics, and that's OK. Perhaps you don't even really like ME, and that's OK, too.
Obviously we see this much differently. I really am not that invested in this radio poll game. Sorry that i have somehow ruffled your feathers. You seem to be taking this conversation more seriously than I am...it's just not that important to me. I'm not interested in discussing this any further so I'm going to back away from this conversation and this issue.
I don't not get along with people. I don't dislike you. It's alright if your opinions differ from mine-- life would be so boring if everyone thought the same way. This has really been stressing me out. Not the topic, or the difference of opinion-- but the vehement anger I feel emanating from you towards me.
I believe with all my heart that it is more important to be kind than to be right.
Please, let's just drop it and get along, OK? No hard feelings, I hope."

Here is what she said-- first reply at 9:18 this morning, I mean seconds after I hit "send"--  rest of it at 10:30--- I should have replied to the fist one with "Thank you, glad to hear it", but I didn't-- I waited, and apparently it gave her time to stew greensad.gif

#1) There is no contention on my end. If your feeling that way that's something that has to do with you.

#2) You know this is pissing me off that you somehow equate this to a damned competition. I got angry because people encouraged lying & the " no really means yes" mentality and all you can do is focus on contention? Seriously? You have nothing I want. I don't compete with people. I am highly offended that you want to minimize this into something about you.

What bothers me a lot is that there were lots of comments and replies to the radio station poll-- and she chose to only come back at ME. So, yeah, of course I am feeling like it's "something about me".

Gawd, what a mess. Because she is one of the priestesses at the Goddess temple I am kind of involved in...I am not a priestess and I don't go to the Sunday devotionals (I have a boy and we go to the UU so he can get a well-rounded religious education), but I do go to every public ritual and I frequently offer my services for help, such as smudging and anointing people as they come in, or calling a quarter, or whatever. I wonder how that is going to play out when she's priestess. Guess I will have to wait and see. Dang. Plus, it's not like I am going to feel all spiritual if I know she's such a righteous beeyotch inside greensad.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#40 of 80 Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Gawd, what a mess. Because she is one of the priestesses at the Goddess temple I am kind of involved in...I am not a priestess and I don't go to the Sunday devotionals (I have a boy and we go to the UU so he can get a well-rounded religious education), but I do go to every public ritual and I frequently offer my services for help, such as smudging and anointing people as they come in, or calling a quarter, or whatever. I wonder how that is going to play out when she's priestess. Guess I will have to wait and see. Dang. Plus, it's not like I am going to feel all spiritual if I know she's such a righteous beeyotch inside greensad.gif

Totally projecting my experiences here- but I say she isn't worth the energy. From my understanding of people and group dynamics, often our initial feelings are rooted somewhere in self, but it doesn't mean that sometimes someone isn't actually being not nice. As a Priestess myself, I couldn't imagine being anything but flowing love to my community. When I needed a break I took it, I didn't transfer my issues on others (which is sounds like she is doing).

Is there any other community for you to practice with?

I wish we were in real time, since this is a very loaded situation. Do you have a tarot deck you can meditate with?

#41 of 80 Old 02-12-2013, 11:17 AM

She's really enjoying all this attention I think. If it were me, I'd unfriend her and just keep our interactions related to temple only. I would stop responding and I wouldn't bother trying to get her to calm down or see my side. She obviously isn't interested in what you have to say--she's interested in drama and is looking for any excuse to escalate and continue fighting. Your relationship is not a close one and I don't think it's worth your energy to pursue this. (I confess I find it satisfying to cut off people like this and imagine their frustration with my non-response to their antics...)

#42 of 80 Old 02-12-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwitchymama View Post

(I confess I find it satisfying to cut off people like this and imagine their frustration with my non-response to their antics...)

luxlove.gif   sometimes the best way to estinquish a fire is with water, not more fuel. I am coming around to this side too.

#43 of 80 Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM

Unfriend and block. Delete your previous comments on the radio station page. Do any ritual to cut out that negative energy. Don't avoid her or the group you practice with, don't bring it up again, be pleasant but no more chatting.
That's what I would do but I feel the same way as greenwitchymama about the non response. Although I've unfriended and blocked high school friends just because they pm'ed wanting to catch up and I so don't want to spend time chatting with them.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#44 of 80 Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amlikam View PostIs there any other community for you to practice with?

Do you have a tarot deck you can meditate with?

No, and yes, but what would I do with tarot for meditating on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwitchymama View PostShe's really enjoying all this attention I think. If it were me, I'd unfriend her and just keep our interactions related to temple only. I would stop responding and I wouldn't bother trying to get her to calm down or see my side. She obviously isn't interested in what you have to say--she's interested in drama and is looking for any excuse to escalate and continue fighting. Your relationship is not a close one and I don't think it's worth your energy to pursue this. (I confess I find it satisfying to cut off people like this and imagine their frustration with my non-response to their antics...)

Yep...I think you're right. There isn't any "all this" about the attention, though; it was all thru PM. I probably will unfriend her, but not right away as that would SO appear that I am in a snit too and taking my toys and going home...I'll give it a couple of days. See if she does first lol.gif And no, it's obvious that she is not at all interested in my point of view.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amlikam View Postluxlove.gif   sometimes the best way to estinquish a fire is with water, not more fuel. I am coming around to this side too.

I did pray about it during my massage yesterday-- funny that the answer I got was "Be like water" winky.gif

#45 of 80 Old 02-12-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

Unfriend and block. Delete your previous comments on the radio station page. Do any ritual to cut out that negative energy. Don't avoid her or the group you practice with, don't bring it up again, be pleasant but no more chatting.
That's what I would do but I feel the same way as greenwitchymama about the non response. Although I've unfriended and blocked high school friends just because they pm'ed wanting to catch up and I so don't want to spend time chatting with them.

Didn't see your post right away!

Good idea. About deleting. And I have done ritual and meditation over it today-- thanks for that! Very helpful, as well as flower essences. I'm on it, mama smile.gif

#46 of 80 Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 PM

Kaydove: Totes didn't know your baby had a Feb. 21 b-day: a great day to be born: my eldest has that birthday as well. 

greenwitchymama: So sorry you feel lonely. I definitely have felt pretty lonely since we moved. There's no reason to feel bad about struggling even if you have a pretty easy kid. My youngest is a very easy kid and I have the experience of raising another kid, and sometimes, I still feel like I'm struggling with him. Parenthood is hard.

For the loneliness: Is there any way you can connect with other moms when your husband is out? A lot of La Leche League, Holistic Moms, and AP groups have evening meetings? Also, on nights my husband is out late, I definitely see that as a night to order pizza and watch a movie and just snuggle down with my kids and take it easy.

Philo: That sounds like so much fun.

SaguaroMoon: That sounds like a lovely Imbolc. We vermicomposted when we lived in the city, too.

Maia: I agree with everyone else. Not worth your time.

AFM: My youngest turned three. Where did time go? It seems like my oldest should be turning three! We had a lovely little moon celebration. My eldest pulled the Eight of Swords again this month. She pulled this card last month and then again a few months before that. Do you think that when someone pulls a tarot card, it's just a message for them? Or it's also a message for the reader as well? I don't formally interpret the card for my daughter, and I'm not quite sure what she thinks of the card (other than being disappointed in picking that card again for the month). But she definitely seems "stuck" with this card.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#47 of 80 Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 PM

revolting:  you got it and we don't really say it enough or really admit it to our core... PARENTHOOD IS HARD!!  It's a lot of really positive, amazing things but it is hard and it can feel lonely and dejecting.  I think at the end of the day it is so important to admit these things and talk about them because understanding the reality of that makes me feel so much better.  You know? Like parenting isn't a freaking pinterest board.  (not that i don't love pinterest but damn, that place can make you feel sub-par if you let it!)

I've always felt like the tarot is for the person, but I'm not even a novice in this department!!  and, you're her mama not "just" a reader, so...  Also, how is she feeling about school these days?  

amlikam: I'm on a FB purge myself for a bit for similar reasons.  People I know IRL are not the same IRL as they are on FB.  and I say (just to use another acronym) WTF?  

Maia: Obviously this person's actions and words are not really in sync.  It sounds like she has some underlying issue that has nothing to do with you or, really, this situation.  I know it's not easy but I would put it in a bubble and blow it into the wind.  I literally hold my hands up to my face, succinctly think or state the incident, close the bubble and blow it away.  Then I imagine it riding off into the sky far, far away.  Not as easy when you have to see this woman again at rituals. 

I found out for the second time this month that a program that I have helped to plan either has to be cancelled or move because of location issues.  Seriously, the past 2 Mondays I have received this information.  Is the Universe trying to tell me something?  It's really bizarre.  Two very different things (one was for my local alumni group and the other is for the community art exhibit I organize).  Neither has been devastating but has just made me have to rethink, reorganize and take charge quickly.  Think that's the lesson here?  

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#48 of 80 Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Maia, I agree with the others. Dump the online contact and keep the IRL civil. I have some friends on FB who are fun IRL but jerks online. I figure I'm just not bored enough to have those interactions... most of the time orngbiggrin.gif

I've been reading posts for the last few months, but haven't much felt like posting. These last few months have been really emotionally hard on me.
My beloved van was in the shop for 9 weeks, with financial and transportation stress the whole time. Then my daycare provider quit and we had to find a new one. The new one is great but someone (we think it was the provider before the old one) called the new one and outed my family as pagan to her. Now, we don't hide who we are, but religion isn't something that we just go around saying ˝hi, I'm Sarah and I'm pagan!" Plus, we're in a small town so I am a bit cautious with new people. Turns out, the new daycare provider's biggest concern was that my kids mght watch something that mentions Jesus and we'd be insulted. Lol

My brother is still MIA and I'm still unsure how to feel about it. Still seeing the therapist for that one.

My kids went to gramma's for New Years and they went up north with their cousin for a few days. They came back with headlice and grammar had had antibiotic-resistant bronchitis. O.O Thank the gods it was a light infestation and a few rounds of coconut oil and combing took care of it.

In January, I was sick for three weeks, on and off. The first time, the day I called in sick, they had to call me in to work for a few hours because I run the documentation system with all our records and the FDA had shown up for a periodic audit (we make a supplement).

Now we are undergoing a complete revision of our company structure and I'm really feeling that stress.

DH is trying to catch up on 10 years of neglected dental work and physicals. So we are trying to work with what is coming out of that. Fortunately, he has decent insurance to cover it.

My writing projects are going well although I'm behind schedule on what I wanted to get done because of all the illness.

I did a Tarot reading a few weeks ago and got "abundance" for the final outcome. Also, the Tower seems to be symbolically speaking to me these days, so crossing fingers that this is just the reset button being hit.

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
#49 of 80 Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post

Then my daycare provider quit and we had to find a new one. The new one is great but someone (we think it was the provider before the old one) called the new one and outed my family as pagan to her. Now, we don't hide who we are, but religion isn't something that we just go around saying ˝hi, I'm Sarah and I'm pagan!" Plus, we're in a small town so I am a bit cautious with new people. Turns out, the new daycare provider's biggest concern was that my kids mght watch something that mentions Jesus and we'd be insulted. Lol.

OMG! Gossiping about you being pagan is crazy! That would stress me out very much. My family is religious and doesn't know I'm pagan and will flip once that comes out. I may put it a different way, not use the word pagan, it would go over better. I'm an atheist pagan, meaning I don't believe in a diety but an universal energy that connects us all to the Earth. A few other beliefs that are still figuring out.

Hope everything settles down for you and you get abundance!

AFM - We're staying with DHs grandma so I haven't been able to do any candle magick or rituals. DH joked its why he didn't get the job in Santa Monica. Any ideas on stealth magick?

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#50 of 80 Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Wolfcat-  My goodness you weren't kidding when you said you were having a hard three months..!  Yikes, and *hugs*.  

What a strange situation, to be 'outed' as Pagan in such a way.  Sounds like your new daycare provider is more tolerant than the old one though.  That is one blessing at least, in all the craziness you have been going through!  

Sounds like you have some good things coming you're way.  Hold on mama!  

#51 of 80 Old 02-13-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View PostI figure I'm just not bored enough to have those interactions... most of the time orngbiggrin.gif

Turns out, the new daycare provider's biggest concern was that my kids mght watch something that mentions Jesus and we'd be insulted. Lol

My brother is still MIA and I'm still unsure how to feel about it. Still seeing the therapist for that one.

My kids went to gramma's for New Years and they went up north with their cousin for a few days. They came back with headlice and grammar had had antibiotic-resistant bronchitis. O.O Thank the gods it was a light infestation and a few rounds of coconut oil and combing took care of it.
Fortunately, he has decent insurance to cover it.

Geez, mama! You have been through the wringer! hug2.gif Big, big hugs. The thing about your brother really stinks. I would be so freaked.

And yeah about my online shite-- "not bored enough" really does cover it. This woman recently (a month ago?) got a  new job, and she's on FB all dang day. Nice job, huh?

Make SURE, about the lice. OMG we had them back and forth, ds and me, for two flippin' months, back in August/September. Get this:
http://www.ashevillelice.com/products.html I swear to all the Gods, it is worth the money, and the Best.Thing.Ever. That lady is local to me, but she's very, very knowledgable and is so because she has two kids that one time could not get rid of the lice. Oh, and I also have a loupe from an herb class I took ages ago-- very helpful for seeing nits!

Lucky, about the insurance, so there is that thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View PostAFM - We're staying with DHs grandma so I haven't been able to do any candle magick or rituals. DH joked its why he didn't get the job in Santa Monica. Any ideas on stealth magick?

For me, it's all about intent and focusing, so stealth is basically it, unless I'm alone. As you know, my house is for sale, so I have a "stealth altar" in my room on my dresser-- it's a couple of fronds of pretty things from the yard in a vase (water), a rock (earth), a stick of incense (air), and a candle (fire). It just looks like pretty things, but *I* know what it's about winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune Teller View PostWhat a strange situation, to be 'outed' as Pagan in such a way.  Sounds like your new daycare provider is more tolerant than the old one though.  That is one blessing at least, in all the craziness you have been going through!  

Yep, this! Blessings. Blessings.

I sent what I thought was a really nice reply to that woman, and it backfired in a huge way. I am getting the feeling (well, no, I have the feeling) that she is just batshit crazy and I didn't know it until I was the target of it. I did some ritual and meditation around it and I am thus far able to let most of it go, but I am not having any interaction with her at all online anymore, and I will be cordial in person, but that's all. She appears to be one of those people that you don't know is crazy unless you're the target of it. Untreated bipolar, anybody? Ye Gods. Dangerous untreated bipolar batshit crazy, from what I can see. Scary.

I am going to the beautiful Episcopalian cathedral up the road, in about 15 minutes, for their Lenten service. Tell you about it later, if y'all want to hear smile.gif

#52 of 80 Old 02-15-2013, 09:10 AM

Vy: She finally likes school. She made a friend, and she has started an enrichment program. Both I think have helped. Of course, there's always downsides: we've had some recurrent discipline and teasing issues on the bus. The enrichment program is still pretty below her achievement level. Maia, you have a pretty gifted kid, right? Any tips? She's still really resistant to the process of getting ready for school (and having a bedtime early enough that will make our mornings go smoothly), but for right now, she's mostly happy with her school experience, so I'm happy with the decision to continue school for the time being.

Last minute changes on those huge projects sounds so stressful. It sounds great that you kept on top of everything and things didn't fall apart. I could definitely do better about being flexible like that.

Wolf: Hugs! What a rough, rough month. I had hoped the situation with your brother would be resolved by now. Good for you for going to therapy.

How was everyone's valentine's day? My eldest came home with the sweetest valentine's day card for me. It said, "If You Do Not Love Me, I Still Will. I Will Always Love You. But Do Not forgit To Love Me. You Are my best." She covered it in stickers, hearts, and xoxos with a big cut out of a tracing of her hand with two fingers folded down so the hand made the ASL sign for "I love you." Isn't that the sweetest thing? My partner came home and set up a lovely bath candlelit bath for us complete with a gift of a new candle holder. It was so freaking sweet. And my eldest shared her V-Day party loot with her brother. I love my family so much! luxlove.gif Tonight, we'll drop off the kids with my parents and go see Warm Bodies. My partner loves zombies, and at first I was skeptical, but it's gotten pretty good reviews. We bought tickets at a movie theater that's also a bar before we knew I was pregnant. Oops. But it'll be fun anyway. We've only been once, and each room is decorated with a different classic movie theme, and the decorations are amazing. Plus, tickets are pretty cheap, because they make most of their money serving drinks.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#53 of 80 Old 02-15-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View PostThe enrichment program is still pretty below her achievement level. Maia, you have a pretty gifted kid, right? Any tips? She's still really resistant to the process of getting ready for school (and having a bedtime early enough that will make our mornings go smoothly), but for right now, she's mostly happy with her school experience, so I'm happy with the decision to continue school for the time being.

How was everyone's valentine's day?

I dunno....I dunno if I'd say "gifted"; I am just used to my boy the way he is lol.gif At 11, his reading level was between 11th grade and 3rd year college. He turned 12 recently. He lags in math a little bit, but not much, and his emotional level is probably about age 7 or 8. Complex child, this one! What kind of tips are you looking for? He is VERY severely ADHD and is on 4 meds-- two for ADHD (one behind the other, because the first one, Vyvanse, is supposed to be 12 hours but his metabolism is such that it barely lasts 6), one for anger (Tenex, a very small dose) and one for mood-- suspected bipolar, but he's very young yet for dx (Trileptal). I didn't want him on ANY, but at 7ish, we decided to try, and never looked back, really. He can't get through an hour without them.
Mornings are VERY difficult, as are evenings, when the meds haven't kicked in/have worn off. I have decided, in the mornings, to get up early so I can get a shower and a few minutes of peace for myself, and then devote completely one-on-one time to my kid. No phone calls, try not to listen to the radio much. Because he will finally get out of bed, I will tell him to get dressed, and go in there 6 or 7 minutes later to find him still naked, crouched over the heat vent and playing with some toy. I have to stand there, hand him his underwear, actually TELL him to put one leg in and then the other. Then, the pants. Then shirt. Then lead him by the hand (or shoulder or whatever) into the kitchen and guide him to sit down to eat. He just.can.not. do any of this by himself w/o meds.
ON the meds? He is who I think he was meant to be. He's focused (well, mostly), stable, even-tempered, kind, smiley. OFF them? He's an utter arse. Bad tempered, unfocused, mean.
What exactly were you asking me? Did any of that help?

V-day-- my sweet little boy bought me a long stemmed red rose bud, with baby's breath and ferns luxlove.gif

My man's dd turned 30 on V-day. For him, the 14th of February is her birthday. He isn't a gifty sort anyway, unless it's spontaneous or unless I prompt him. A lot.

My mom sent me a V-day text bigeyes.gif

#54 of 80 Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:

I've been reading posts for the last few months, but haven't much felt like posting. These last few months have been really emotionally hard on me.
My beloved van was in the shop for 9 weeks, with financial and transportation stress the whole time. Then my daycare provider quit and we had to find a new one. The new one is great but someone (we think it was the provider before the old one) called the new one and outed my family as pagan to her. Now, we don't hide who we are, but religion isn't something that we just go around saying ˝hi, I'm Sarah and I'm pagan!" Plus, we're in a small town so I am a bit cautious with new people. Turns out, the new daycare provider's biggest concern was that my kids mght watch something that mentions Jesus and we'd be insulted. Lol

In January, I was sick for three weeks, on and off. The first time, the day I called in sick, they had to call me in to work for a few hours because I run the documentation system with all our records and the FDA had shown up for a periodic audit (we make a supplement).

Now we are undergoing a complete revision of our company structure and I'm really feeling that stress.

DH is trying to catch up on 10 years of neglected dental work and physicals. So we are trying to work with what is coming out of that. Fortunately, he has decent insurance to cover it.

My writing projects are going well although I'm behind schedule on what I wanted to get done because of all the illness.

I did a Tarot reading a few weeks ago and got "abundance" for the final outcome. Also, the Tower seems to be symbolically speaking to me these days, so crossing fingers that this is just the reset button being hit.

hug2.gif  WOAH, Mama.  It's a good thing you're such a strong woman.  I say this because even though it sounds like you've had one HELL of a past few months you still seem fairly optimistic.  Sending you love and support energy.  I will send up a special thoughts that wherever your brother is, he is getting the help that he needs.  stillheart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

AFM - We're staying with DHs grandma so I haven't been able to do any candle magick or rituals. DH joked its why he didn't get the job in Santa Monica. Any ideas on stealth magick?

My stealth magick is thoughts and visualizations, usually.  Quiet moments stolen where I can get them and meditate and sending up energy.  I hope you find ways to express what you need to. 

I am going to the beautiful Episcopalian cathedral up the road, in about 15 minutes, for their Lenten service. Tell you about it later, if y'all want to hear smile.gif

Yes, Maia, do tell!  How do you balance the 2 for you?  I really like the idea of Lent as a time to make a sacrifice and/or be more mindful... I grew up Methodist and it was my favorite time of year.  It felt like the most powerful time for me.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

Vy: She finally likes school. She made a friend, and she has started an enrichment program. Both I think have helped. Of course, there's always downsides: we've had some recurrent discipline and teasing issues on the bus. The enrichment program is still pretty below her achievement level. Maia, you have a pretty gifted kid, right? Any tips? She's still really resistant to the process of getting ready for school (and having a bedtime early enough that will make our mornings go smoothly), but for right now, she's mostly happy with her school experience, so I'm happy with the decision to continue school for the time being.

Last minute changes on those huge projects sounds so stressful. It sounds great that you kept on top of everything and things didn't fall apart. I could definitely do better about being flexible like that.

Wolf: Hugs! What a rough, rough month. I had hoped the situation with your brother would be resolved by now. Good for you for going to therapy.

How was everyone's valentine's day? My eldest came home with the sweetest valentine's day card for me. It said, "If You Do Not Love Me, I Still Will. I Will Always Love You. But Do Not forgit To Love Me. You Are my best." She covered it in stickers, hearts, and xoxos with a big cut out of a tracing of her hand with two fingers folded down so the hand made the ASL sign for "I love you." Isn't that the sweetest thing? My partner came home and set up a lovely bath candlelit bath for us complete with a gift of a new candle holder. It was so freaking sweet. And my eldest shared her V-Day party loot with her brother. I love my family so much! luxlove.gif Tonight, we'll drop off the kids with my parents and go see Warm Bodies. My partner loves zombies, and at first I was skeptical, but it's gotten pretty good reviews. We bought tickets at a movie theater that's also a bar before we knew I was pregnant. Oops. But it'll be fun anyway. We've only been once, and each room is decorated with a different classic movie theme, and the decorations are amazing. Plus, tickets are pretty cheap, because they make most of their money serving drinks.

I am happy to hear that your DD is enjoying school for the most part.  The bus is the worst.  Gah.  Don't even get me started.  Maybe I'm more resilient now because of my bus experience.  haha.  

Seriously?  I cried when I read what your eldest wrote you in her Vday card.  What a sweetie pie.  DH and I don't celebrate V-day together... when we first met he spent a semester in Rome.  I went to go visit him and he took me to Paris for a Vday present (it's not as fancy as it sounds: we took the train, we were poor college students and did it up very FRUGALLY) but it was awesome and I told him then that we never had to celebrate Vday again because how could you top that.  I might regret that 15 years later... just a scoonch.  

I totally missed that you were pregnant, revolting.  I am keeping a candle lit in my heart for you, mama!!  heartbeat.gif

Quote:
V-day-- my sweet little boy bought me a long stemmed red rose bud, with baby's breath and ferns luxlove.gif

My man's dd turned 30 on V-day. For him, the 14th of February is her birthday. He isn't a gifty sort anyway, unless it's spontaneous or unless I prompt him. A lot.

My mom sent me a V-day text bigeyes.gif

All these cutie presents from your kids make me excited for when Z is old enough to think about Vday differently.  I gave her a book and this plastic toy veggie cutting thing (two sides velcroed together) she loves it - hasn't stopped playing with it since.  She puts random pieces together and gives them to me throughout the day telling me they are my "happy valentines, mama"  It's pretty cute.  

I can feel spring in the air here.  I want to hug every tree I see, kiss the brown grass... Z and I were even out in the backyard cleaning up the outdoor altar area this week.  treehugger.gif can't wait!!!!!!  

#55 of 80 Old 02-16-2013, 02:58 PM

We loved those velcro veggies!

I love the Cathedral. I grew up Episcopalian so it's not a stretch for me to go there. I love it. LOVE it. The only problem is I can't really get the One God thing, or the Jesus Is The Only Way To Salvation thing...which would really help lol.gif

So, Lent...I am working on no/reduced salt, and upping exercise. Just 15 minutes a day. I can do that. I think.

Someone posted a blog called Pagan Lent. I thought it was awesome. See if you can find it!

#56 of 80 Old 02-16-2013, 05:26 PM

Revolting - I missed you are pregnant too! Congrats!!

#57 of 80 Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 PM

Valentine's Day is one of the feast days for the "ti-miste" we work with (that's Kreyol for "little mystery" - it's not really accurate to call them "Vodou fairies", but that's a shorthand way of explaining to most people from North America.)  

So, she got a nice cup of jasmine violet syrup, and a bowl of candy, served on Royal Doulton china.  (I bought the Royal Doulton place setting on Craigslist for $10... orngbiggrin.gif

My spouse and I had gone out two weeks earlier, because getting a sitter for Valentine's Day itself (or even the weekend afterwards) would have been insane.  So, on Feb 2, we got to play Bourgeois Bohemian DINKs for the evening orngbiggrin.gif, eating Indian food and hearing John Waters speak in a nearby college town.  It was a lot of fun, but of course my daughter was still awake when we got home. (She was in a good mood, but just WOULD NOT go to sleep for her grandma and her grandma's health aide.) 

I got my mom a couple of vintage pink scarves that I bought on Etsy - very "Mad Men" - and she likes them a lot!  She got me two new tunics for the office (I find that giving my mom broad categories like "tea" or "work clothes" is the best way to get a present I can actually use from her...) 

Annamaria got a new Gyo Fujikawa book (we love her illustrations) from us, and a pair of heart pajamas from her grandma.  And her favorite cashier at the grocery store gave her a free Valentine balloon. (Disney Princesses, grrr... but how can you criticize a free balloon?) 

For Lent this year, I've given up cheese - I eat entirely too much of it the rest of the year.  Also, Vodouisants don't do any "work" for themselves or others during Lent, and don't even make any offerings to their spirits during Holy Week. 

Does anyone here work with Lord Shiva? He has a couple of festivals coming up soon, right?  (DaughterofKali was the first person I thought of, but there might be others.) 

Wolfcat, and Revolting and your new babe, I will keep you in my thoughts as often as I can! 

#58 of 80 Old 02-17-2013, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
glassesgirlnj: I follow Kali and dh follows Ganesha. However, we cannot be Hindu as Hindus must be born into Hinduism (there is some debate about this, but we don't feel it is our place to enter that debate). As such, we don't try to follow the Hindu practices, but honor our chosen gods in our own ways.

On a positive note, dh got his results back from the Dr. He has hypothyroidism and will be starting medication for that. We're hoping this takes care of a lot of the issues he's had for most of his adult life.

Dh's parents want him to do their handfasting at Heartland this year. So, it looks like we'll be taking the kids with us. It's sooner than we had anticipated, but perhaps this is best. I'm actually a little afraid to take them; it's an overwhelming prospect for me. This is forcing me to go out on that limb and maybe it won't be that bad...

Oh! I got to interview Kerr Cuchulain, Wendy Rule, and MR Sellars (author of the Rowan Gant series) on the podcadt over the last few months. SCORE!

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
#59 of 80 Old 02-18-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassesgirlnj View PostValentine's Day is one of the feast days for the "ti-miste" we work with (that's Kreyol for "little mystery" - it's not really accurate to call them "Vodou fairies", but that's a shorthand way of explaining to most people from North America.)  

So, she got a nice cup of jasmine violet syrup, and a bowl of candy, served on Royal Doulton china.  (I bought the Royal Doulton place setting on Craigslist for $10... orngbiggrin.gif

And her favorite cashier at the grocery store gave her a free Valentine balloon. (Disney Princesses, grrr... but how can you criticize a free balloon?) 

For Lent this year, I've given up cheese - I eat entirely too much of it the rest of the year.  Also, Vodouisants don't do any "work" for themselves or others during Lent, and don't even make any offerings to their spirits during Holy Week. 

Does anyone here work with Lord Shiva? He has a couple of festivals coming up soon, right?  (DaughterofKali was the first person I thought of, but there might be others.) 

It is so interesting hearing about your spiritual path! Thank you for sharing. What is jasmine violet syrup for? It sounds like it would be awesome as a tea. What kind of candy? Do you put your offering outdoors?

Free balloons....yes and no. As you know, I live in the south, and at the Western NC State Fair there is a booth that proselytizes to children, and they give out free balloons to the kids with "Jesus Loves Me" on them in sharpie irked.gif Free balloon, indeed....that was a hard one to say "Yes" to, when ds was like 4. I did NOT want to walk around the dang fair with that!

I can ask my friend about Shiva for you. She follows Hindu gods (but is white American) and also Egyptian ones, and I think Mexican ones. What question do you want me to pass on? Just "Are there festivals coming up"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfcat View PostOn a positive note, dh got his results back from the Dr. He has hypothyroidism and will be starting medication for that. We're hoping this takes care of a lot of the issues he's had for most of his adult life.

Dh's parents want him to do their handfasting at Heartland this year. So, it looks like we'll be taking the kids with us. It's sooner than we had anticipated, but perhaps this is best. I'm actually a little afraid to take them; it's an overwhelming prospect for me. This is forcing me to go out on that limb and maybe it won't be that bad...

What are the issues that happen with hypothyroidism, if I may ask? What kind of medication do they give for that? Are there any other modifications (Diet, etc) that can be done, too?

Dh's parents are Pagan? How cool is that. Am I understanding this is a camping event and you are nervous to take the kids because it's camping? I have a TON of camping-with-kid experience. I'll be happy to help and answer questions and ease your mind!

Going to see M on our handfasting anniversary, March 7th luxlove.gifenergy.gif I can't believe it's been 3 years.

#60 of 80 Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:

On a positive note, dh got his results back from the Dr. He has hypothyroidism and will be starting medication for that. We're hoping this takes care of a lot of the issues he's had for most of his adult life. I felt so much better once I regulated with meds, it took a few months to really notice a difference though (I was really really out of whack, the Dr said she's never seen levels like mine). I do energy work, body work, ritual, crystals, sound and diet to help support it, but from my understanding (and many healers I know) it is the one thing that is best supported with meds.

Dh's parents want him to do their handfasting at Heartland this year. So, it looks like we'll be taking the kids with us. It's sooner than we had anticipated, but perhaps this is best. I'm actually a little afraid to take them; it's an overwhelming prospect for me. This is forcing me to go out on that limb and maybe it won't be that bad... I say "build the intention of good!" Traveling with little one's can be hard, but I try my best to always create success for them (make time before an event where they can run around and burn off some energy, bring special toys, be ok with them getting dirty....) :-) good luck!!!

Oh! I got to interview Kerr Cuchulain, Wendy Rule, and MR Sellars (author of the Rowan Gant series) on the podcadt over the last few months. SCORE!  That is AWASOME! WOW!

Ahhh the Jesus loves me balloon... We've seen them out here too... I'm ok with Jesus loving me, doesn't mean I have the same relationship back... ROTFLMAO.gif but I do hat ethe way they try to grab all your info like phone # and such... I just want your balloon, not the phone calls.... thank you.....

Ok, I haven't been fully interactive and just stopping in. Sending blessings to all.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page