Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ON WINTER'S MARGIN

by Mary Oliver

On winter's margin, see the small birds now
With half-forged memories come flocking home
To gardens famous for their charity.
The green globe's broken; vines like tangled veins
Hang at the entrance to the silent wood.

With half a loaf, I am the prince of crumbs;
By time snow's down, the birds amassed will sing
Like children for their sire to walk abroad!
But what I love, is the gray stubborn hawk
Who floats alone beyond the frozen vines;
And what I dream of are the patient deer
Who stand on legs like reeds and drink the wind;-

They are what saves the world: who choose to grow
Thin to a starting point beyond this squalor.

Welcome to the the Pagan Family Thread, March edition. In case starting the thread early doesn't betray my eagerness, I so so look forward to March and that transition from late winter to early spring: welcoming the return of the migratory birds (while continuing to enjoy the winter guests I've hosted at my bird feeder all year), starting my work on my garden, my skin feeling the sun instead of covered under so many layers just to keep warm, and end to the daily shoveling, a safer commute to work for my partner (who totaled his car last week in a weather-related accident; thank Goddess he's fine!), celebrating St. Patrick's day and Women's history month, dyeing eggs, looking for the first signs of spring...

What does March bring for you?

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March yummy mud!!!

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

Live your life, like your life depends on it. joy.gif         

Old 02-28-2013, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

need March to begin so badly... It's been a long February and I am ready for spring!  

Yesterday I noticed my lilac bush is budding... joy.gif

Also noticed my hydrangea didn't survive the winter (or more likely my lack of attention in the late summer or early fall...Sheepish.gif

I have a lovely potted tulip in the window sill that has been enjoying some rare Oregon sunshine lately... It hasn't bloomed yet, but I was taken aback the other day when I realized how beautiful and elegant it looks all closed up and bending towards the sun... I can almost feel it vibrating in anticipation... so cool!

Spring means new altar items... I've been thinking a lot of what I want to bring into that sacred space

Easter eggs and an easter dinner for sure... planning on what handmade gifts to make the kiddies..

Oh, and the birds have been a lot more active in recent days... My son was delighted to hear a woodpecker on our walk home from school, and the cats are enjoying watching them through the window.. dreaming and fantasizing lol

Spring means we are one step closer to SUMMER!  Can't wait!

Old 02-28-2013, 04:54 PM

I am subbing but not reading till tomorrow. So HA! moon.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 03-01-2013, 05:20 PM

Looks like I missed February...

With the amount of snow we already have, I'm not counting on feeling Spring till April... though I sure would appreciate it! 

Valérie   
Old 03-01-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View PostWhat does March bring for you?

Lovely poem, thanks! Mary Oliver is like the patron poetry goddess of the UU church that we go to lol.gif

I don't look forward much to March anymore, because we barely have winter here anymore. I like four equal seasons, which is what it was like when we moved here back in '03. Not anymore. We haven't had snow since the winter of '09-10 at all. And I can get by with wearing just a hoodie outside, most of the time. I have only worn scarf/hat/mittens a couple of times, this year. I NEED winter in order to appreciate the warmer months!

Though I do like all the Pagan holidays, and some of the high holy Christian ones. DS loves March/April cause often he gets TWO baskets full of junk winky.gif Not always, though. Ostara and Easter are only, what, 11 days apart this year? Two baskets my arse.

6 days till I go see my love! luxlove.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
March is busy... in a good way.

I am finishing up the new inventory procedure for the store.

On the 15th, we get to go to an open sumbel in Lincoln, and deliver product to the partner so he can vend his first solo event.

I am looking forward to working with the illustrator for my first toddler book: The Pagan Children's ABC Book of Goddesses. Once that is done, I'll work on illustrating the Book of Gods and writing the Book of the Norse.

Meanwhile, catching up on bills and spending too much money on camping gear for this year's Heartland.

Yay!

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post

March is busy... in a good way.

I am finishing up the new inventory procedure for the store.

On the 15th, we get to go to an open sumbel in Lincoln, and deliver product to the partner so he can vend his first solo event.

I am looking forward to working with the illustrator for my first toddler book: The Pagan Children's ABC Book of Goddesses. Once that is done, I'll work on illustrating the Book of Gods and writing the Book of the Norse.

Meanwhile, catching up on bills and spending too much money on camping gear for this year's Heartland.

Yay!

Congrats on the books! That's awesome! I can't wait to see. Too bad my ds is way aged out of those kinds of books greensad.gif

But...isn't it fun buying camping gear?
winky.gif

5 days till I see M luxlove.gif

Old 03-02-2013, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Happy meteorological spring! I'm so happy.  Although we are actually having the most wintery weather we have had all season :-P  Still, I'm glad to see the light increasing, hear the birds, and that fresh, green scent on the wind.  Also happy that I'll be able to get out more with my girls without the bundling and swathing and what not.  I can't wait until it is warm enough to just pop them in their stroller and go!

Wonderful poem, Revolting. Thank you!  I love the line about the deer.

Enjoy your time with M, Maia <3

Wolfcat, congrats on your books!!

We had our 4 month dr. visit yesterday (a bit late, because our pedi moved), and my girls are up to 12 lb 5 oz and 13 lb 10 oz.  I'm so pleased.  I try to be as positive as I can, but sometimes it is hard not to worry about Rosamund, since she was a full pound smaller than Guinevere.  They are doing great, though.  We are going to try to take our first visit with them home to Louisville at Easter.  I'm excited, but also a tad nervous.  I'm sure it will be fine and they will just sleep the three hours away.  

Stumbled across a nice blog the other day that may be of interest:

http://motheringwithsoul.com/

:-)

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 
Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 AM

I got the contract for the book from the publisher yesterday! I've read through it; it's a basic, straightforward contract,so I'll be signing and scanning it back tomorrow. I'm so excited!

I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:

I got the contract for the book from the publisher yesterday! I've read through it; it's a basic, straightforward contract,so I'll be signing and scanning it back tomorrow. I'm so excited!

YAY!!! Happy dance for you! joy.gif

I have a really upset tum today. I took Laxa-Tea two days ago because, well, I needed to, and it did nothing, so I took some yesterday, too, and it hit me in spades greensad.gif I was up at midnight, 2am, and had cramps on and off the rest of the night, and today I was hungry so I ate a substantial breakfast, and then got immediately not-so-feeling-well. It's 2:30pm and I am still feeling a little low, ew.

4 days till I go see M heartbeat.gif joy.gif

My best friend is coming over in a few minutes. Just wanted to check in and say hi!

Old 03-04-2013, 08:14 PM

Subbing.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 03-05-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddal View Post

We had our 4 month dr. visit yesterday (a bit late, because our pedi moved), and my girls are up to 12 lb 5 oz and 13 lb 10 oz.  I'm so pleased.  I try to be as positive as I can, but sometimes it is hard not to worry about Rosamund, since she was a full pound smaller than Guinevere.  They are doing great, though.  We are going to try to take our first visit with them home to Louisville at Easter.  I'm excited, but also a tad nervous.  I'm sure it will be fine and they will just sleep the three hours away.  

Stumbled across a nice blog the other day that may be of interest:

http://motheringwithsoul.com/

:-)

siddal- WOW you're doing an amazing job with the girls!!! my little peanut didn't turn 7 lbs until 4 months old (she was a slow gainer, just like her daddy!) It is sooo unnervine though worrying about growth. I just say WOW it sounds like you are doing well and moving on a curve!! Also thanks for that blog!!! love.gif

Quote:

Ummm I am soooooo excited for you (and me!!!) please please please let us know when you publish? I have a little one coming in june... I would love to have something like this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

I don't look forward much to March anymore, because we barely have winter here anymore. I like four equal seasons, which is what it was like when we moved here back in '03. Not anymore. We haven't had snow since the winter of '09-10 at all. And I can get by with wearing just a hoodie outside, most of the time. I have only worn scarf/hat/mittens a couple of times, this year. I NEED winter in order to appreciate the warmer months!

I am very much the same- but mostly because I love winter and slushy snow, boots... call me crazy I know. I love the summer too I promise.

Lots of ritual being planned this spring, I am thankful to welcome the turn of the wheel and embrace the rebirth. Especially so after my weekend away with DH at a couples retreat/ritual container. I feel like a newlywed all over again. luxlove.gif

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlikam View Postcall me crazy I know. I love the summer too I promise.

Especially so after my weekend away with DH at a couples retreat/ritual container. I feel like a newlywed all over again. luxlove.gif

Woohoo! I am so hoping for lots of nik this weekend winky.gif M had lots of sexual issues growing up, and I keep forgetting that that is going to impact us. He thinks it was all in the past and why would it bother him now, but, hey, things always do. Always. They follow us until they get resolved, kwim? It's hard for me knowing that for a guy, he's not panting around me like a hound dog all the time greensad.gif Cross fingers. He's really working hard to overcome this instinct to say NO or NOT NOW.

See, this is the weird part for me....you said "I love the summer too I promise"-- as if it's weird NOT to love summer. I hate summer. Am I the weird one?

Old 03-05-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:

Woohoo! I am so hoping for lots of nik this weekend winky.gif M had lots of sexual issues growing up, and I keep forgetting that that is going to impact us. He thinks it was all in the past and why would it bother him now, but, hey, things always do. Always. They follow us until they get resolved, kwim? It's hard for me knowing that for a guy, he's not panting around me like a hound dog all the time greensad.gif Cross fingers. He's really working hard to overcome this instinct to say NO or NOT NOW.

See, this is the weird part for me....you said "I love the summer too I promise"-- as if it's weird NOT to love summer. I hate summer. Am I the weird one?

It is hard to not love the summer where I live... It is stunning. :-) but I can understand the not lovign it too!

DH and I haven't DTD in several months because of placenta issues. It was nice to just cuddle and be with him, fully present to each other. I know what you mean about issues comign forward, I certainly carry mine..... *sigh* which is challenging. I don't say mine have resolved themselves, but I do feel like I am more aware of them and working with them better. So nice you will get to go see M though ever soooo soon!!!

Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlikam View Post

It is hard to not love the summer where I live... It is stunning. :-) but I can understand the not lovign it too!

DH and I haven't DTD in several months because of placenta issues. It was nice to just cuddle and be with him, fully present to each other. I know what you mean about issues comign forward, I certainly carry mine..... *sigh* which is challenging. I don't say mine have resolved themselves, but I do feel like I am more aware of them and working with them better. So nice you will get to go see M though ever soooo soon!!!

Where is Birkshire in MA? I will end up in Worcester or Ashland or Grafton or Charlton or Dudley or Spencer, or somewhere thereabouts. I'm excited to hear it's that pretty up there in the summer.

Several months?? Yikes, how can you guys live together and stay apart? greensad.gif Are you having desire issues because of your placenta thing? We broke M's hoodly-hoo a year ago. I mean broke it. We were in the middle of hot-n-heavy and were just about to...um...get done, and it broke. It musta bent in there somehow. He went OW, big OW, and in short order it got purple. And in the next week it bent to the side (when standing to attention) and stayed that way for a good long time. We looked it up and it happens more frequently than you'd think, but OW. I think it's finally back to nearly normal after a whole year, but needless to say, that didn't help any, with his self-esteem issues.

So yeah-- we're hoping things are back to hot'n'heavy again!

Old 03-05-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:

Where is Birkshire in MA? I will end up in Worcester or Ashland or Grafton or Charlton or Dudley or Spencer, or somewhere thereabouts. I'm excited to hear it's that pretty up there in the summer.  I am right on the NY boarder but lived practically in Charlton growing up. I also lived in Worcester and lots of my famil is there... SOOOO I know the area well. It is really nice there too!!!

Several months?? Yikes, how can you guys live together and stay apart? greensad.gifAre you having desire issues because of your placenta thing?  I was on restriction because if the placenta was jostled the baby could die... it wasn't worth it... and bc I had so much spotting I was advised not to orgasim either. And to be honest, DH and I have been working on things so we weren't present emotionally to connect that way. We didn't want to confuse what was really present with the whole block it out by sex thing.  

We broke M's hoodly-hoo a year ago. I mean broke it. We were in the middle of hot-n-heavy and were just about to...um...get done, and it broke. It musta bent in there somehow. He went OW, big OW, and in short order it got purple. And in the next week it bent to the side (when standing to attention) and stayed that way for a good long time. We looked it up and it happens more frequently than you'd think, but OW. I think it's finally back to nearly normal after a whole year, but needless to say, that didn't help any, with his self-esteem issues. WOAH jaw.gif ummmmmm wow yikes2.gif I would have freaked OUT!!!  winky.gif

So yeah-- we're hoping things are back to hot'n'heavy again!  I hope it is a good time!!! distance always makes for the best reconnecting... winky.gifwinky.gifwinky.gifwinky.gif

Old 03-05-2013, 02:48 PM

We're staying with DHs grandma cosleeping with DD so loving is few and far between. We need out of here!!!

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 03-05-2013, 02:48 PM

We're staying with DHs grandma cosleeping with DD so loving is few and far between. We need out of here!!!

Old 03-05-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlikam View PostI am right on the NY boarder but lived practically in Charlton growing up. I also lived in Worcester and lots of my famil is there... SOOOO I know the area well. It is really nice there too!!!

I was on restriction because if the placenta was jostled the baby could die... it wasn't worth it... and bc I had so much spotting I was advised not to orgasim either. And to be honest, DH and I have been working on things so we weren't present emotionally to connect that way. We didn't want to confuse what was really present with the whole block it out by sex thing.  

ummmmmm wow yikes2.gif I would have freaked OUT!!!  winky.gif

I hope it is a good time!!! distance always makes for the best reconnecting...

Yeah, I do see how sex can be a distractor for more important issues, so that makes sense. Too bad about no orgasms, though...when M's hoodly-hoo broke, that was our first intimacy of the whole vacay greensad.gif So we couldn't have any more. The Universe was surely testing us. We did try the next day, but it hurt too badly and he knew instinctively that it was a no-go. He could stand up, but not perform because of the pain. What it turned out to be was a tear in the fascia (or something...the next lining in from skin). That had to heal and it took a good long time. We managed to play a little in other ways (kissing and mutual self-stimulation, if that's not too graphic) but not too much. I didn't freak out as much as him-- after all, I don't own one. But HE really freaked out. I mean, far as I know, most men only get ONE of those, and he didn't want his broken-- can't blame him. And the problem is that we researched things like surgery, but since that deals with scar tissue, the probability of it getting worse as a result was large. So, we had to just leave it alone. But M's already lousy self-esteem really took a hit. Despite all my reassurance to the contrary, he was sure I would leave him over a broken hoodly-hoo. Um, nope. You are more than your parts, love. I wouldn't leave you for an amputated limb. I would not leave you for cancer (which he has-- CML in remission, and I'm not going anywhere). I would not leave you for this.

It WOULD make for the best reconnecting, except that like I said, he has issues, deep seated ones from his past, and sometimes I go up there and he finds all manner of things to do to put me off, like "We will, we will" and then (I think) builds up this huge performance anxiety, and when the doody hits the fan, he can't (or finds reasons not to, or gets mad at ME in deflection). So, last time I was up there, I got all kinds of serious and said unless you work on this, I am not coming up there. I don't see you for two or three months and you find reasons NOT to??? That's a deal breaker. I mean really angry.gif

When the time comes, you can tell me all about that area, yay! Charlton/Dudley area appears to have the best schools...but man, it's not on the train line greensad.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaydove View PostWe're staying with DHs grandma cosleeping with DD so loving is few and far between. We need out of here!!!

There's no room for creativity? winky.gif Dang. How long are you going to be there? How old is DD again? I remember just....hmm, working *around* ds sometimes. Gah. I didn't like it, but you have to work with what you have, kwim?

I'm all packed and ready to go orngbiggrin.gif All I have to do is get gas. Since I have extra time, I'm going to unmake ds's bed tomorrow and wash his sheets. Which is a HUGE pain because he has a loft. Ugh. But he's pubertal and it really needs to get done more often. Meh.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 PM

We've done it a couple times while DD was sleeping. It's a twin bed with a trundle twin. DD and I sleep on one twin and DH on the other, so we just do it on the other twin. Dd woke up last time and yeah that was the end of that session.
Before we moved in with grandma, after step daughter moved out, we did it during naptime on the guest bed in our house in San Diego.
I'm also on antidepressants for ppa so while it doesn't kill my mood like some other meds, I find I'm only in the mood while I'm fertile, which isn't the best because we're using the pull and pray method right now wink1.gif.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

We've done it a couple times while DD was sleeping. It's a twin bed with a trundle twin. DD and I sleep on one twin and DH on the other, so we just do it on the other twin. Dd woke up last time and yeah that was the end of that session.
Before we moved in with grandma, after step daughter moved out, we did it during naptime on the guest bed in our house in San Diego.
I'm also on antidepressants for ppa so while it doesn't kill my mood like some other meds, I find I'm only in the mood while I'm fertile, which isn't the best because we're using the pull and pray method right now wink1.gif.

See? You can get creative thumb.gif

M often says "I'm not in the mood"---well, I'm not just randomly and automatically horny anymore, either. We're both in our 50s, and while we can rock like teenagers once we get going, we don't just spring to attention like we're 18 anymore-- I told him, "We have to CREATE the mood. We have to decide, not hope". And then act on it. It's lots easier for a woman to get going when she's not, than a man is. If he's not "ready", then nothing happens greensad.gif It's been on me anymore to create mood by helping him mentally relax, and create visuals for him...then things really happen, but ugh, I hate being the initiator.

That said, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow! This time tomorrow I'll be buckling up my airplane seat belt. YAY!

Oh, y'all-- we got snow! like...2", but it's the first snow in 3 years. I was reading last night on our local news station that we've been in a "snow drought" but until I read that, I thought it was just me. Nope. I was right. I'm so happy! It's so pretty! And ds has off of school, so YAY, we get to spend my whole "last day" together orngbiggrin.gif

Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Fortune Teller: I'm so jealous that you have something blooming.
Valerie: I think we're in the same boat. We had so little snow until February, and now it's been pretty constant.
Wolf: Congrats on the book! And we totally need to buy camping gear. We always borrow from our in-laws, which is kind of a pain.
Siddal: Congrats on the healthy twins. They sound like they are doing great. Good luck on the trip! I hate traveling with kids, though it was easier when they were younger and less destructive.
amlikam: I don't think it's crazy to love winter. I wish I loved it more, especially given where I live. I get excited for it for about a month and then I'm ready for spring. I love love love summer, and this year I especially anticipate having week after week of my eldest at home. Tell me more about your couple's retreat. I'd love to do something like that before we have number three. Praying for that placenta to move!
Kaydove: I read that the pull-out method has about as good of record preventing pregnancy as condom use (actual use, not perfect use). Maybe that says very little for condoms, but it made me feel better about the time we used that as a birth control method. Of course, even when we were avoiding, we wouldn't exactly have been devastated by an oops baby.
Maia: I hope things go well on your trip.
AFM: We had another snow storm. My eldest had a snow day and built a huge snow man while my youngest puttered with his dump truck outside. Today, my three year old and I started seeds inside in peat pots. I hope to start some in eggshells, since that's so pretty, but they never grow as well as the peat pots and I want to save some of the seed starting to do with my daughter.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

Old 03-06-2013, 03:07 PM

hi mamas!  Gosh, I feel like i am running around like a wild woman but I'm here!!

Maia!  I hope your travels went well with all the snow bumbling around the midatlantic today!

Wolfcat: Hooray!  I totally want Z to have the ABC Goddess book when it's ready!!

revolting: how is your little bean??  

I want to say something to everyone but I am zipping in and zipping out.  Z is gone and this is my first time since the art exhibit (which went amazingly, btw!) that I've had to just BE HERE NOW.  So I'm going to go sit and stare out the window and sip what is left of my tea.

I love Winter but am ready for my toes to be in dirt, to sit on my front porch... March is still long in upstate NY but I can feel that things have turned towards spring... 

heartbeat.gif

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

Old 03-06-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostMaia!  I hope your travels went well with all the snow bumbling around the midatlantic today!

I'm not there yet. I leave in the morning. My flight is out of Charlotte NC headed to Boston. Cross fingers. I've had issues with snow there before! Gah! But one year...My day-after-Christmas flight got canceled. I scrambled to get another flight. They all had one stop. I was flying out of Norfolk VA which never gets snow, but they had a freak storm and had several inches. My plane was the very last one to fly out before they closed the airport, this after deicing the plane for like a half hour. Then, I got rerouted thru Atlanta, and when I got there, I realized I didn't have a confirmed seat, so....I was standby. And I was so in tears. I thought I was going to be stuck in Atlanta for post-Christmas with my guy. And of all things...I was the LAST person to get a seat.
Then, when I got to Boston, I almost didn't get the MBTA for cancelling due to snow. And then when I got to my final destination, M picked me up in his car, but the car had 4 bald tires and had to go UP hills all the way home; we almost didn't make it. But man....what a hairy day, and we DID make it. So I am confident about this time. I'm not a Witch for nothing. I shall do magicks all day long tomorrow, starting at 6am dust.gifY'all can send vibes to Boston, if you please!

Old 03-06-2013, 07:31 PM

Saw the first illustration last night for the ABC Book. The illustrator is excited that I have the ABC Book of Gods already written and tons of other books in queue.. I will definately let everyone know when it's out. I'll be carrying it on my website and at the events we go to.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:28 AM

Wow!!!!

Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 AM

popping in to say hi to all of you wonderful ladies as I came back for the 2013 treasure mapping thread.  I see some familiar names and many new ones too.

It has been a bumpy year, but I hope to be able to pop in more often than I have in the past year orngbiggrin.gif

Bright blessings to you all!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 03-07-2013, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Vy: When do you start seeds up there? We still have whoa snow on the ground, but I definitely feel like I have my little chunk of spring inside with my plants. I heart looking out my window with a cup of tea. I've found since I moved, I actually connect with Nature better inside than outside. The animals fear me, but if I just watch out my window, so many skiddish guests come very close (yesterday a possum and the previous day an owl) to my window.
BTW, I haven't gone back to check on the baby sinc the initial testing (which didn't find anything). At this point, the only testing they can offer is for peace of mind, and I find the whole waiting thing stressful, so now I just wait and hope things turn out well.
Maia: Praying your trip goes well.
Ktg: Great to see you. Hope to see more of you.
AFM: I learned one of my neighbors is into gardening, so I'm pretty stoked about that. Hoping my garden goes well despite the pregnancy. I keep starting more seeds... If everything survives, I'll have plants to give away. Collecting seedling blessings for the equinox. Anyone have a favorite?

Old 03-07-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View PostSaw the first illustration last night for the ABC Book. The illustrator is excited that I have the ABC Book of Gods already written and tons of other books in queue.. I will definately let everyone know when it's out. I'll be carrying it on my website and at the events we go to.

That is just so cool. I wanted to write/illustrate Pagan kids' books years ago, but I'm just not that motivated greensad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Postpopping in to say hi to all of you wonderful ladies as I came back for the 2013 treasure mapping thread.  I see some familiar names and many new ones too.

It has been a bumpy year, but I hope to be able to pop in more often than I have in the past year orngbiggrin.gif

Yay, you're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View PostBTW, I haven't gone back to check on the baby sinc the initial testing (which didn't find anything). At this point, the only testing they can offer is for peace of mind, and I find the whole waiting thing stressful, so now I just wait and hope things turn out well.
Maia: Praying your trip goes well.

Maybe relaxing is more important at this stage, huh. Hang in there, mama.

Thanks! I am here safe and sound. We tried to...hmmm....but it didn't exactly pan out the way we hoped, but we're not giving up yet. Attitudes are good! That's what counts. Hoping spirits will stay high.

User Tag List