*~~*~~*Pagan Families in April*~~*~~* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 57 Old 04-05-2013, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Looking forward to the green that the April showers and sunshine will bring!!

Who's already started planting their garden?  I think we'll till this weekend and get our peas in.  I'm dying to get my hands in some earth!!

...and how is it the 5th already?!  

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#2 of 57 Old 04-06-2013, 05:36 AM

I know, right? Well, it's the 6th, now!

I'm a horrible gardener bag.gif I just throw stuff in the ground and hope it works. Sometimes I get lucky and sometimes I don't.

Who's doing a Treasure Map? It's coming on Wednesday! YAY!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#3 of 57 Old 04-06-2013, 12:45 PM

I can't believe it's April already too! It's my birthday month and I'm going to be 29!

We move on the 12th! We're behind in the planning because the recruiter messed up with getting us started with the move coordinator company. They're fixing it though. We get such a nice move package! 50k for the move, $3000 in petty cash no strings attached, corporate housing for a month, a broker to help us find a rental, a visit trip for 4 days although its too close so we're not going to do that, they pay for storage, a rental car if we need, and more! We're so over the moon! The company doesn't do a hire bonus but they make up for it in paying for the move!

We're going to live in city which I'm so excited for! DH wants to move to the suburbs but ugh I so don't want to. People can be so stuck up there and I don't want to hang out with those moms. There's not a lot in the burbs in our price range anyway. I already found an AP Seattle moms group on meetup and joined. smile.gif

On Wednesday last week, we went up to the falls and my cousins cabin. It was beautiful and amazing to be out in nature. It's was breathtaking. DD loved it, she talked and sang on the hike.

DD did two big poops in the potty!!!! I was so excited that I didn't have to clean that off of her! She's only 13 months! I know that's off topic but I'm thrilled!

I need some advice - since DDs birthday is in February, just after Yule and Christmas, I'm thinking about making one of the spring/summer Pagan holidays a gift giving holiday. For me growing up, I got presents on Christmas, April birthday, and back to school supplies, not a lot in between. For little toddlers 6 months is a huge development change and I want to get her a couple age appropriate toys near 18 months (August). Since I grew up having to wait for gifts, needing a reason is ingrained in me. Do you think Beltane, Midsummer, or Lughnasadh would be a more major gift holiday?

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#4 of 57 Old 04-06-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

I can't believe it's April already too! It's my birthday month and I'm going to be 29!

We move on the 12th! We're behind in the planning because the recruiter messed up with getting us started with the move coordinator company. They're fixing it though. We get such a nice move package! 50k for the move, $3000 in petty cash no strings attached, corporate housing for a month, a broker to help us find a rental, a visit trip for 4 days although its too close so we're not going to do that, they pay for storage, a rental car if we need, and more! We're so over the moon! The company doesn't do a hire bonus but they make up for it in paying for the move!

We're going to live in city which I'm so excited for! DH wants to move to the suburbs but ugh I so don't want to. People can be so stuck up there and I don't want to hang out with those moms. There's not a lot in the burbs in our price range anyway. I already found an AP Seattle moms group on meetup and joined. smile.gif

On Wednesday last week, we went up to the falls and my cousins cabin. It was beautiful and amazing to be out in nature. It's was breathtaking. DD loved it, she talked and sang on the hike.

DD did two big poops in the potty!!!! I was so excited that I didn't have to clean that off of her! She's only 13 months! I know that's off topic but I'm thrilled!

I need some advice - since DDs birthday is in February, just after Yule and Christmas, I'm thinking about making one of the spring/summer Pagan holidays a gift giving holiday. For me growing up, I got presents on Christmas, April birthday, and back to school supplies, not a lot in between. For little toddlers 6 months is a huge development change and I want to get her a couple age appropriate toys near 18 months (August). Since I grew up having to wait for gifts, needing a reason is ingrained in me. Do you think Beltane, Midsummer, or Lughnasadh would be a more major gift holiday?

Yay on poop! ROTFLMAO.gif My ds is 12 and we're so far beyond poop stage that I had to totally LOL at that...I was like, EW, why is she telling us this? TOTALLY forgot about all the potty talk when they're little!

I forgot why you are moving? DH got a new job? That is sweet that they're paying all that. I wish someone would come in and pay for me to move! I didn't know places did that! How do you know the 'burb moms are snotty? Have you met them there? Or just extrapolating from your other experiences?

Gift giving...I can't see any of those holidays as gift ones, but then, I guess I am stuck in the Christian thing of gift giving at Yule/Christmas. Good thought, though. My ds's birthday is in January and it's a hassle having all that gift giving at once. OTOH, he was like 10 before someone pointed out to me that I could take advantage of after-Christmas sales for his birthday duh.gif

That said...maybe Beltaine? Because of the tradition of leaving flowers on doorknobs...maybe a gift tradition of gardeny things? Your dd is still little yet, but boy are those garden tools CUTE that they have for littles. You know, the real ones only small? And there's never-ending ideas...like, chia things, little garden pots, herb gardens for kids...

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#5 of 57 Old 04-06-2013, 10:38 PM

I grew up in the city that DH wants to move to so I'm familiar with it. We also can't afford it so there's that. We'll move in the city which will be such a short commute.
DH got a new job in Seattle! After 5 months of being laid off.

Yeah DD is only 13 months so potty business is very important around here. Hehe

I'm thinking Midsummer in June will be good for presents. I can get her summer toys.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#6 of 57 Old 04-08-2013, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Kaydove: How awesome on all of the $$ that the company is helping with for the move!!  that is awesome.  I hope the rest of the job is as awesome for your DH.  Hooray on poop on the potty!  That was the last thing for Miss Z...although potty training mostly went from meh to inthet.gif overnight.  I have never had a reason to use that icon.  So glad I have now. haha.  

Have you ever considered doing an half birthday celebration?  My friend from school had a birthday in August so never got to celebrate during the school year and so her mom would throw her a half birthday party instead and keep the birthday to just a family thing.  You could do the opposite?  Just a thought.  That way it's still a day about your DD.  

Maia, my DH's bday is Jan 5.  I am always exhausted and have exhausted all of my creative gift ideas by the time his bday comes around.  I am so bad.  

How IS the house selling going?  How is M getting along?

I am totally doing a TM and can't wait.  I did some SERIOUS cleaning in my bedroom today.  Vacuumed the mattress, mopped beneath the dresser, etc, etc.  Things have been stale in that room/area of life and I need to refresh it!  Even sleeping has annoyed me lately.  Isn't that just messed up?  I put on new BRIGHT ORANGE sheets and I'm thinking I will cover our current bedspread in an old tapestry we have.  I'm totes motivated today.  Z is heading to my MILs house after nap so - HER ROOM is next!!  

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#7 of 57 Old 04-08-2013, 11:59 AM

Vy: Did you get your peas in? I need to start my garden. Way to go on the sping cleaning!
Maia: I am a horrible gardener. I try, but I always have problems. Right now, it's mold in the seedlings I started inside... We plan to do a treasure map, too.
Kay: Yay on all that money to move! Summer, to me, is garage sale season. The kids always get a large influx of stuff in the summer, just because it's cheap, in the summer. No special reason needed. Oh, and yay for pooping on the potty. I'm so glad both of my kids stopped pooping themselves very young. I once babysat a three year old who wasn't trained, and seriously, how moms change poopy preschoolers' diapers while out and about is beyond me!
AFM: The weather really feels like spring now! We've had some wonderful, meandering walks in the woods. The pregnancy is going well. I had a midwife appointment this morning: she couldn't find the heartbeat, and I totally lost it, but then everything looked good on the ultrasound. I'm trying not to feel guilty about the ultrasound. I feel so relieved to know my baby is still alive and healthy. I'm starting to think about Beltane. I will go to a public ritual at the UU church, but I'm thinking about what we will do at home. I overheard my three year old singing Hal an Tow the other day, though we haven't heard that song since lkast spring. I guess he knows Beltane approaches!

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#8 of 57 Old 04-08-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostHow IS the house selling going?  How is M getting along?

I am totally doing a TM and can't wait.  I did some SERIOUS cleaning in my bedroom today.  Vacuumed the mattress, mopped beneath the dresser, etc, etc.  Things have been stale in that room/area of life and I need to refresh it!  Even sleeping has annoyed me lately.  Isn't that just messed up?  I put on new BRIGHT ORANGE sheets and I'm thinking I will cover our current bedspread in an old tapestry we have.  I'm totes motivated today.  Z is heading to my MILs house after nap so - HER ROOM is next!!  

The house is not selling or getting shown much at all, though I have to say, showings are slight rather than never. I extended my contract with the realtor till the end of April. Then maybe I will take it off the market for 3 months and let the MLS reset, but I don't want to.
M is wonderful. He says thank you for asking! He has almost 5 months sober! joy.gif Though, like I said, he's just barely hanging around AA-- he isn't on fire with it and doesn't *work* anything, just goes to a couple meetings a week, but hey, for now I will take it.

I'm so glad TM starts at 5:30 in the morning! That way, I can wake up and start and not have to wait orngbiggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post I overheard my three year old singing Hal an Tow the other day, though we haven't heard that song since lkast spring. I guess he knows Beltane approaches!

I had to go look that song up-- I have never heard of it! Here is a killer version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u6tUFPO1P4 I also heard a traditional Irish family band doing it too, from like 1966. Why don't I know this song?

#9 of 57 Old 04-08-2013, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

Vy: Did you get your peas in? I need to start my garden. Way to go on the sping cleaning!

AFM: The weather really feels like spring now! We've had some wonderful, meandering walks in the woods. The pregnancy is going well. I had a midwife appointment this morning: she couldn't find the heartbeat, and I totally lost it, but then everything looked good on the ultrasound. I'm trying not to feel guilty about the ultrasound. I feel so relieved to know my baby is still alive and healthy. I'm starting to think about Beltane. I will go to a public ritual at the UU church, but I'm thinking about what we will do at home. I overheard my three year old singing Hal an Tow the other day, though we haven't heard that song since lkast spring. I guess he knows Beltane approaches!

For Shame!  I did NOT get the peas in.  We went to the local zoo instead on Saturday morning.  I'm lying to myself telling myself that I am going to wait until a "moon favorable date" which I just read about on our local veggie farm's FB page.  

I love meandering!  We live in the city so our meandering walks are harder to get nature variety, if you will... but Z got this AWESOME new, big bucket green with ladybugs on it and it's her wandering treasure bucket.  I introduced her to school glue nature collages this morning and everything she has found since is a treasure for the collaging.  Luckily, I have a gallon of glue - that should do us til mid-May!! smile.gif  

Why would you feel guilty about the ultrasound?  I cannot imagine the relief you felt when you found out that little babe remains healthy and growing.  

What are you plans for Beltane?  We'll plant our "hopes and wishes" from Imbolc into our garden.  I don't know what else we'll do yet... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

The house is not selling or getting shown much at all, though I have to say, showings are slight rather than never. I extended my contract with the realtor till the end of April. Then maybe I will take it off the market for 3 months and let the MLS reset, but I don't want to.
M is wonderful. He says thank you for asking! He has almost 5 months sober! joy.gif Though, like I said, he's just barely hanging around AA-- he isn't on fire with it and doesn't *work* anything, just goes to a couple meetings a week, but hey, for now I will take it.

I'm so glad TM starts at 5:30 in the morning! That way, I can wake up and start and not have to wait orngbiggrin.gif

I had to go look that song up-- I have never heard of it! Here is a killer version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u6tUFPO1P4 I also heard a traditional Irish family band doing it too, from like 1966. Why don't I know this song?

Holy Moly 5 months sober!!  WOW.  Good for him, I am so glad to hear it.  

Blech, about the house.  I'm not familiar with real estate - is it helpful to reset the MLS?  

I forgot that TM starts so early!  I think I will get up early and start mine, too.  I love that idea!! 

#10 of 57 Old 04-08-2013, 06:53 PM

Hey subbing. Been a crazy few weeks. Will be back to update

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

Live your life, like your life depends on it. joy.gif         

#11 of 57 Old 04-09-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Holy Moly 5 months sober!!  WOW.  Good for him, I am so glad to hear it.  

Blech, about the house.  I'm not familiar with real estate - is it helpful to reset the MLS?  

I told him and he says thank you smile.gif

If you keep the house off the market for 3 months, it "resets" and people don't know that the house was on the market unsold for 3 years. It comes in as a new listing. And, it might get to be listed at a higher price, who knows. I mean, a realtor could potentially leak that, but they usually don't from what I understand.

I'm really tired and worn out. It's been a long day. I went to the library, though, for a book, and I picked up a pile of free magazines while I was there. So, in the morning, I will start browsing!

#12 of 57 Old 04-09-2013, 04:38 PM

Vy - I still haven't done my garden, either. My husband told me that he plans to fell a tree exactly where I plan to plant it, so I'm waiting on him. Impatiently.
We used to live in the city. I always found lots of nature, for our purposes, walking around the river and through nearby parks.
I worry about how little we've studied the effects of ultrasound. With my last pregnancy, we never had an ultrasound and used a fetoscope. So it's hard to not feel guilty about one that wasn't medically necessary.
For Beltane - I'm still thinking. Last year, we made massage oil with dandelions, but we had such a cold spring...I don't know if the dandelions will bloom in time. I've been thinking a fire and making may baskets, but I'm still planning.
Amli- I've been thinking of you. Hope all is well!
Maia - I don't know if that's true. With this house we bought in October, they had taken it off the market, so when we made an offer, the listing said it had only been on the market for a month. However, my realtor had been able to use her databse and find that it had previously been on the market for over a year before they took it off the market for four or five months.
I am so looking forward to the treasure map, too!

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

#13 of 57 Old 04-10-2013, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Maia - I don't know if that's true. With this house we bought in October, they had taken it off the market, so when we made an offer, the listing said it had only been on the market for a month. However, my realtor had been able to use her databse and find that it had previously been on the market for over a year before they took it off the market for four or five months.

Happy TM day!

Yes, I know that realtors can look it up. But I don't think they generally do. Who knows...it looks better than it being on the market for 3 years and not selling, I guess. I don't know. I don't know what to do.

#14 of 57 Old 04-10-2013, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
That's great, Maiasaura! Sorry about the house selling issues, though. That worries me when we try to sell this money pit next year.

Hopefully I don't kill this thread this time!

I really need to get my butt in gear for the Treasure Map. We've been taking a prolonged "schooling" break because we were all burnt out, so maybe tomorrow when it's nasty out I can do some deep cleaning. This house really needs it!

You know I have *never* done anything for Beltane? I always seem super busy and it slips my mind. I have to do something this year but I have no idea what! Dandelion massage oil sounds fantastic. Since its been nice here most of this past week, we actually have some, so that would work.

I started my garden. Kind of. My tomato and pepper seedlings are doing ok inside, and I planted out lettuce, peas, radishes, and more strawberries. I have to actually plan where everything else should go, though. I'm planting out tons of sweet potatoes this year, too. I really hope this summer is better.

Question: any "musts" for a kitchen witch herb garden? I have a bunch of herb seeds from Rose Mountain, but many are for wetter gardens. We've had drought conditions the last few years, so only my sage, marjoram, and thyme have done well.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#15 of 57 Old 04-10-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View PostThat worries me when we try to sell this money pit next year.

I really need to get my butt in gear for the Treasure Map.

You know I have *never* done anything for Beltane? I always seem super busy and it slips my mind. I have to do something this year but I have no idea what! Dandelion massage oil sounds fantastic. Since its been nice here most of this past week, we actually have some, so that would work.
Question: any "musts" for a kitchen witch herb garden? I have a bunch of herb seeds from Rose Mountain, but many are for wetter gardens. We've had drought conditions the last few years, so only my sage, marjoram, and thyme have done well.

My house is not a money pit-- yet. I am not handy, nor do I know anyone who is, and I don't have the money to pay people who are-- so I need to dump the house before it eventually falls down around my ears. Which it would. Aside from me wanting to be in MA, that is.

TM started today! Forget about cleaning, get started on your map! I guess you can clean around mapping, huh?

Dandelion massage oil does sound good. Recipe? I usually go to the public rituals here, and in the warmer months there's a potluck, too, but for the 2nd year in a row I am going to M's. I am excited, but sad that I'll miss Maypole dancing for two years running! mecry.gif

I would grow parsley-- ds and I both love to nosh on it. And chives, and maybe something garlicky.

#16 of 57 Old 04-10-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Looking forward to the green that the April showers and sunshine will bring!!

Who's already started planting their garden?  I think we'll till this weekend and get our peas in.  I'm dying to get my hands in some earth!!

...and how is it the 5th already?!  

I knew as soon as I saw this thread title that upon reading I'd feel like I was witnessing an elven massengil commercial.  Awesome.  Seriously.

joy.gif

#17 of 57 Old 04-13-2013, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlikam View Post

Hey subbing. Been a crazy few weeks. Will be back to update

Thinking of you. my friend.  I hope you and your growing bean are well.

Quote:

Vy - I still haven't done my garden, either. My husband told me that he plans to fell a tree exactly where I plan to plant it, so I'm waiting on him. Impatiently.
We used to live in the city. I always found lots of nature, for our purposes, walking around the river and through nearby parks.
I worry about how little we've studied the effects of ultrasound. With my last pregnancy, we never had an ultrasound and used a fetoscope. So it's hard to not feel guilty about one that wasn't medically necessary.
For Beltane - I'm still thinking. Last year, we made massage oil with dandelions, but we had such a cold spring...I don't know if the dandelions will bloom in time. I've been thinking a fire and making may baskets, but I'm still planning.
Amli- I've been thinking of you. Hope all is well!

Don't get me wrong, we definitely find our nature and we aren't in the thick of the concrete jungle which is great.  I grew up on a farm, though, near woods and on the edge of a creek so it's a bit of a challenge finding THAT kind of nature right in our 'hood, ya know?  

I like the idea of May baskets.  I think we'll do that, maybe make some tissue paper flowers to put in them or something... who knows.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post

I find that I never have enough cilantro and basil so that's what i grow in my herb garden.  Basil is supposed to attract money and love.  http://www.witchipedia.com/herb:basil

My TM is pretty much done.  I found that I didn't put as much about "change" and "healing" on as I have in the past.  I guess this is a good step in the right direction.  So as not to jinx myself I still added something about healing... but mostly this one was about channeling my inner strength to kick some life-butt.  KWIM?  Interestingly pulling the goddess tarot I have been getting Frejya a lot and found my old She-Ra action figure (you know, the princess of power?) and put her on my altar.  I guess I'm about to unleash some awesomeness on the world?  haha.  WHo knows how this will manifest... 

#18 of 57 Old 04-13-2013, 12:51 PM

Revolting-- how did you make your dandelion oil? I have a ton of dandelions in my yard all of a sudden. I am not all that thrilled with eating them...so I might would like some other ideas for what to do with them.

My TM is done, except for bling-- I love adding bling since I discovered stick-on sparkly things a couple years ago, and glitter glue. LOVE sparkly! Also I did mine different this year, and I am loving it. I re-purposed a painting I did-- I think I mentioned that-- and used it for the background for my map, and, it's vertical this year, for the first time. It's still rectangular. I really like it, though.
Oh, and there are a couple things I wanted on there that are private-- having to do with my sex life, and pix of helpful people-- I didn't want to put other people's photos on there right out for everyone to see, and my sex life for everyone to read (not that anyone would, but I will have this posted in my bedroom and my son will see, for one). So I took CariOfOz's (anyone remember her?) suggestion to make little tiny envelopes, and I put those desires in there. And sealing-waxed them. With a pentagram seal. Yay!

#19 of 57 Old 04-14-2013, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

maia, i love that YOU love bling.  I'm not feelin' the bling this year - feeling very organic.  I do remember CariofOz and I like the idea of little tiny envelopes.  I just put folk's pictures on there but my TM is located in my office where the only visitors are my DH and DD and even them, rarely ever. but I will keep this in mind for the future.  

oh i am feeling SO LAZY right now and MUST MUST UNPLUG... must... ugh... 

#20 of 57 Old 04-14-2013, 04:25 PM

Just wanted to say hi!! I have been reading your posts on the threads. Life has been busy. I've had a few "set backs" with the pregnancy but I am trusting all will be ok as I am doind a lot to manage my health. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and now my potential homebirth is is question, which means at 33 weeks I might be changing care providers! So far I feel I have been managing it but there is so much attention there.
I had an ultrasound last week though and everything looks great! I'll know more in a week.
Right now I am focusing on keeping the baby inside to term (5weeks minimum) and my ceremony I have for a mother blessing the end of the month.
Just trusting and doing some rituals to connect with baby.
Ok need to run.

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

#21 of 57 Old 04-14-2013, 06:33 PM

Kitty - I think it depends on what you use. A lot of herbs commonly found in kitchen/green witch herbals I never use. For us, lavendar, catnip, and rosemary top our list of must-haves.
Maia - Here's the directions I've used in the past for the massage oil: http://irisweaver.com/herbs/howto/dandelionoil.html
Also, I know you don't drink, but I've been thinking about making dandelion wine...maybe it'd make a good gift. This will be my first attempt to make any kind of wine, so we'll see.
Thanks for the envelope idea!
Vy: Sounds like you had an awesome childhood home!
Amlikam - Sorry about the GTT diagnosis! I hope you may still have your homebirth. Keep us updated!
AFM: I found a two day Beltane festival about 1 1/2 hours from here with may pole dancing and children's programming, so we will probably do that. Dress code is fairy/renaissance/fantasy...going to make fairy wings and ankle bells for the kids, but I'm not sure what I'll wear...
I was looking through old journals, and I totally forgot that when my eldest was three, we made fairy looms that were really neat. I might do that with my oldest. I'm also thinking of making may king/queen crowns. I've seen some pretty complicated ideas online, but we've done simple leaf crowns in the fall by weaving leaf stems into braided rafia, so we might try that. Um yeah, crafting is kind of one of my favorite parts of the holidays.

#22 of 57 Old 04-15-2013, 05:20 AM

Thanks, revolting! It's rainy today, and might be for the next couple days, so hopefully I can harvest some when it stops. I scored some almond oil at the poor store! I didn't know what to use it for when I got it, but I knew I had to have it. It's meant for cooking/baking but might use it for dandelion oil!

Thank you for remembering I don't drink smile.gif and no, I don't think I will make wine of it. Wish I could make another thing...maybe will google to see what's out there.

#23 of 57 Old 04-15-2013, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Maybe you could make a tincture like this?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/125012390/sale-4-oz-tincture-sale?ref=shop_home_active

I have never made one, but I remember Mountain Rose Herbs blogging about them:

http://mountainroseblog.com/guide-tinctures-extracts/

They also have this recipe for "Dandy" tummy bitters :-)

http://mountainroseblog.com/dandy-tummy-bitters-recipe/

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 
#24 of 57 Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 AM

Could you do a ritual bath with them?

#25 of 57 Old 04-15-2013, 12:18 PM

Dang, mamas, someone or something blew up/set off an explosive at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. I mean, 15 minutes ago. I don't have news but I hear there are at least 30 people srsly injured and limbs everywhere candle.gif

#26 of 57 Old 04-15-2013, 12:20 PM

http://herbgardens.about.com/od/herbrecipes/ht/dandelionoil.htm

I did my TM! It's only printer paper sized because I wanted it to be private. It's not sparkly, but I think I covered the important bits-money, health, and connection for me. I went to the doctor about my knees last Friday and I have to go for a MRI Wednesday. Not looking forward to that!

My 5 year old is completely into fairies. She had n imaginary friend, now she tells me about her fairy friends' antics all the time, so we're reading through a little of The Witch's Guide to Faery Folk. Beltane coming up sounds like a good time to make some faery homes. smile.gif

#27 of 57 Old 04-15-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Dang, mamas, someone or something blew up/set off an explosive at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. I mean, 15 minutes ago. I don't have news but I hear there are at least 30 people srsly injured and limbs everywhere candle.gif

Holy crap. We must've cross posted. How horrible!!

#28 of 57 Old 04-15-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View PostMy 5 year old is completely into fairies. She had n imaginary friend, now she tells me about her fairy friends' antics all the time, so we're reading through a little of The Witch's Guide to Faery Folk. Beltane coming up sounds like a good time to make some faery homes. smile.gif

That is so cute. While she's all over it, you should turn her on to Flower Fairies! I love love love those illustrations.

The explosions are all over the internet. I am gonna go take a break from it all, and watch episodes of Once Upon a Time on Netflix. That's my new obsession redface.gif

Still dunno what I am going to do with my dandelions. I'm thinking Flower Essences, now.

#29 of 57 Old 04-16-2013, 06:33 AM

Maia my friend's mom makes the most AMAZING dandilion tea: http://forageporage.wordpress.com/tag/tea/

Seriously worth the work and so yummy.

#30 of 57 Old 04-16-2013, 07:15 AM

Kitty - I hope your MRI goes well! My daughter really loves fairies, too. She's read a bunch of those Rainbow Fairy books - gag - but we also read the Spiderwick Chronicles, too, which she really loved.
AFM: My chicks come this morning! My six year old begged to stay home from school to await their arrival, but the school sent me a snotty letter about how much school she missed already.
I'm really not digging her school. She came home yesterday and told me, "Everyone thinks I'm weird." Apparently a kid in an older grade thought it'd be funny to pick on a kindergartener and told her that. Despite what I say, she still believes it. I can't wiat until summer break!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page