The official 2013 Treasure Map thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 118 Old 04-14-2013, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

Am I the only one who hasn't finished? My goal is to get it done by the full moon.

I have not finished my map.  My goal is to get it done by first quarter moon.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#62 of 118 Old 04-14-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

What is that date?

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#63 of 118 Old 04-14-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

What is that date?

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#64 of 118 Old 04-14-2013, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by velveeta View Post

What is that date?

april 18th. 

#65 of 118 Old 04-14-2013, 01:20 PM

neither am i done with my map.

Maiasaura,I cut out "mom-on-the-move," and every time I see it I think of you; maybe you should put the focus on the moving rather than the house-selling.

also, turtle showed up for my map.  i'm not sure what it means, but I have had turtles all around me, from every direction, since the new moon, and they definitely want on the map.  

Mama to 3 boys 

#66 of 118 Old 04-14-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddal View PostWe are still try to sell ours, too.  Over 35 showings and no offers yet.  I decided to try putting a picture of my ideal home on my map, with the underlying idea that for us to be able to achieve that, our house will have to sell. 

At least you have had showings! Mine has been on the market for 3 years and I can probably count how many showings on all my digits. No, it's not the price, either greensad.gif I think I'm lower than comparables right now.

That is also what I did on my map, this year, though. GMTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post

Maiasaura,I cut out "mom-on-the-move," and every time I see it I think of you; maybe you should put the focus on the moving rather than the house-selling.

winky.gif See above-- I did!

Had a last minute showing today, though....fingers crossed, mamas. That sure would be a good omen for the year, wouldn't it? If this were to be *it*?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#67 of 118 Old 04-14-2013, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Had a last minute showing today, though....fingers crossed, mamas. That sure would be a good omen for the year, wouldn't it? If this were to be *it*?

yay!!! dust.gif

Robin read.gifPartner to J bikenew.gif and mom to G & R 10/3/12 twins.gif 
#68 of 118 Old 04-14-2013, 07:01 PM

Still haven't started mine.  Just not feeling a digital one & couldn't find things for a physical one.

Not sure what to do.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#69 of 118 Old 04-14-2013, 09:48 PM

I have always had my map done by this point but I've barely started....I'm ok with that.

I've been living my life, reading an inspirational book, noticing where my energy and ideas lie.  I have had a sheet of orange paper and pen handy, have kept notes of thoughts for my map. I've been pinning images from anything I google onto a private pinboard.  I'm working a lot with the idea of warrior energy.

Went shopping for some supplies - my older son didn't want to do a map.  I asked him "If you were to do a map, what color paper would you want?", got some, picked up some freebee mags from the library.  He finished his - all about world peace and the environment and virtues of courage, hope, joy and happiness --  in about 10 min once the supplies were out. I love it so much.  My younger son needed me to take a pic of he and I together for his map.  So far, it has hearts all over it and that pic at the centre (nobody loves mommy like a 6 yr old boy!)

I think my map will be smaller this year, with more affirmations than pics and not too many of those.  I will pin any specific images of stuff I want, particularly to the pinterest board and keep the TM that I post simple and focused on the big picture.  Target is to get it done by the Full Moon.  I figure some energies  that I need are perhaps stronger in the days coming up than they have been.

#70 of 118 Old 04-17-2013, 12:12 AM

When I've sat and taken the time to do my map things flowed easily, but I've struggled to make or find the time and motivation. I've been filling the days with things I love. I think I'm done but I don't feel certain. I feel like I need more in my relationship and children corner, but I'm not sure if that's because I feel I should included DH and DS out of guilt or if I really dont need more in those areas because I feel very happy with the way things have been for my little family lately.
I'll leave it as is for the night and reflect upon it some more before I place it.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (05.30.05) and married to the Rad Man
If I'm not riding my bike I'm reading. Still trying to put the best of both world together.
#71 of 118 Old 04-17-2013, 04:19 AM

Many things in my map have already started to manifest! Amazing. Also, I have been struggling with depression and have put a lot of effort into being compassionate with myself and dedicating energy to getting to the roots of it and so far that is working as well. I am really feeling that "viking" energy!
#72 of 118 Old 04-17-2013, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Love the name Owlhowl.

#73 of 118 Old 04-17-2013, 09:26 PM

I glued everything last night and I think I may already be experiencing movement in a a forceful not comfortable way. This is not pleasant but perhaps the push I need to get out of my comfort zone. Regardless I'm a little sick to my stomach right now.

If I'm not riding my bike I'm reading. Still trying to put the best of both world together.
#74 of 118 Old 04-18-2013, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post

I glued everything last night and I think I may already be experiencing movement in a a forceful not comfortable way. This is not pleasant but perhaps the push I need to get out of my comfort zone. Regardless I'm a little sick to my stomach right now.

You and me both, Neva. I got an offer on the house but....she low-balled me so hard it's insulting. $15K lower than my price. Which would be fine if my house was going for more than $129K. But it's not. And she only offered $114. What a crock.

I am counter offering today with what is the pretty much lowest possible price I can take. I'm rather between a rock and a hard place. The house has been on the market for 3 years and now there's loud construction going on in the industrial park across the way. It's temporary (they are putting up a new warehouse and are most of the way done) but it's loud and obnoxious and off-putting to prospective buyers. Gah.
Cross fingers.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#75 of 118 Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 AM

Thanks, Tracy smile.gif
#76 of 118 Old 04-18-2013, 08:39 AM

Maia, what's the average differnce between list price and final price in your area? I know you need money to move, but 15K on an opening bid doesn't sound that low. Good luck!

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#77 of 118 Old 04-18-2013, 11:39 AM

That's hard.
I'm considering career options. I placed "I am passionate about my career". I found something I would love but its a commute. My current commute is 4-7 minutes. This is 1.5 hours and its seasonal and its pay is less. I am the provider for my family so I think I have to let this go.

#78 of 118 Old 04-18-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

Maia, what's the average differnce between list price and final price in your area? I know you need money to move, but 15K on an opening bid doesn't sound that low. Good luck!

I don't know, but here, $15K is a LOT lower, especially when the house was only $129K to begin with. In this area that's a really super low-ball greensad.gif The realtor delivered the revised counter-offer this afternoon. Light a candle for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View PostThat's hard.
I'm considering career options. I placed "I am passionate about my career". I found something I would love but its a commute. My current commute is 4-7 minutes. This is 1.5 hours and its seasonal and its pay is less. I am the provider for my family so I think I have to let this go.

Yikes, right? I hope you find something that fits you soon.

#79 of 118 Old 04-18-2013, 05:52 PM

Started out on the 10th writing affirmations and pulling images out of magazines but dropped the ball.   Am I too late or can I still go with it.

Thanks

#80 of 118 Old 04-18-2013, 07:32 PM

I just finished my TM! I'm really happy with it. It took me a while to find the time to do it, but I've been thinking about it so much that I was able to complete it really quickly once I got started on it.

So what now? Do we check back in throughout the year and discuss how things have manifested? Am I able to make changes, tweak my TM as time goes on if I realize maybe something needs to be changed?

#81 of 118 Old 04-19-2013, 12:56 AM

I'm done :D  I was really having trouble getting into doing a paper map... so I tried Pinterest... but didnt feel the excitement I'm used to with TM'ing.  But I happened to score a free ticket to a workshop at the local University being put on by a lady who runs an organization aiming to empower women to share their stories & weave new ones... and the activity was pretty much treasure mapping, although she does it a tiny bit different, and it was GREAT!  I got to meet a few wonderful ladies, whom I've now friended on FB... and I'm getting together for coffee with one of them next week! ( my last years map had finding friends as a major area :)   We made lists, cut pictures, shared stories and had a wonderful time!!  My map is not artsy like I did last year, but it feels powerful and exciting joy.gif

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#82 of 118 Old 04-19-2013, 04:25 PM

Modmom - I'm not done either.  I understand that we have until the Full Moon - 5-6 more days - to finish.  

I feel that the jottings and keywords I've got already *are* my map. I will create a larger, more precise and attractive version, but the intentions are already in play.

#83 of 118 Old 04-20-2013, 12:23 PM

#84 of 118 Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think I am done with my treasure map..... Might go and add something to it like details.... Right now I have 'the wait is finally over' and have a baby picture.....but didn't mention anything about pregnancy...so might add 'happy safe easy pregnancy' or something to that effect.....

I noticed that the process of making the treasure map has a life of its own.. At first I collected a.lot of pictures and tried to place them all.....then kept taking one after another thinking what's more important .... Does this picture or word really convey what i want in my life...........And then it all came together very nicely.... Just what I want and nothing more...

DD 6 yr old did her treasure map as well .... She was done on day one, got her priorities straight!! Food, fun, flowers and animals...

nerdy mom to DD1 7yo, D2 infant
#85 of 118 Old 04-22-2013, 11:27 AM

Finaly put it together.  I have never had this much trouble keeping momentum but I am happy with it.

#86 of 118 Old 04-22-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmom View Post

Finaly put it together.  I have never had this much trouble keeping momentum but I am happy with it.

this was me this time also.  I'm not sure why the inertia, never finished this late, but I'm feeling pretty good about it now.

#87 of 118 Old 04-22-2013, 04:33 PM

hh2.gif

#88 of 118 Old 04-22-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post

I love all the hand photos! I have "completely inspired", too smile.gif

#89 of 118 Old 04-23-2013, 09:44 PM

I have one last picture of something I really want but can't afford right now. It doesn't fit nicely in anything but I could put it in wealth and abundance. Should I do that or my other thoughts is just to slap it on the tin I set aside for saving for my new toy. It's not something I NEED but want.
I had thought I was done up until I went back to my magazines to read the articles that weren't cut apart.

#90 of 118 Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 AM

I had one last thing I couldn't fit on my map, I just stuck it on the wall next to my map...and it has happened already! I am shocked at how much of my map is happening already. Now it's just a reminder to keep it going all year.

Really interesting...when making my map I was really drawn to pregnancy and birth photos, I thought maybe I would like to start Doula'ing again. It turns out I am pregnant! I found out a few days after I made my map.

We also just bought a new (to us) car that was exactly what we were looking for and was half of our budget.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page