Is anyone into the Law of Attraction? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 06-14-2013, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am so all over this!  I saw The Secretback in October and since then the Law of Attraction has become a major part of my life.  I've definitely had positive changes and as I align myself more and more I can feel that good things are coming.

Anyone else? orngtongue.gif

Single Mom with a BF  stillheart.gif  Mommy to 2 girlsphotosmile2.gif blahblah.gif & 2 boys jog.gifsuperhero.gif nocirc.gif

wash.gif banghead.gif Using the Law of Attraction candle.gif om.gif Loving my Family  cat.gif 

#2 of 17 Old 06-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

I generally believe in good bringing good and bad brining bad. Not sure that I am aligned with a "Law" though. orngbiggrin.gif

#3 of 17 Old 06-15-2013, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am totally into it. I use it a lot! I often need reminders, though. :-)

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#4 of 17 Old 06-16-2013, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalia View Post

I am totally into it. I use it a lot! I often need reminders, though. :-)

Awesome!  Have you seen The Secret?  That's how I first heard of it.  Lately I've been listening to Abraham which I find AMAZING.  It's some of the best spiritual/metaphysical teaching I've ever heard.

Single Mom with a BF  stillheart.gif  Mommy to 2 girlsphotosmile2.gif blahblah.gif & 2 boys jog.gifsuperhero.gif nocirc.gif

wash.gif banghead.gif Using the Law of Attraction candle.gif om.gif Loving my Family  cat.gif 

#5 of 17 Old 06-16-2013, 10:34 AM

Yes, I watch the Secret a lot since it is on Netflix! I have to watch it whenever I get stuck in negative thinking. It knocks me right out of it!!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#6 of 17 Old 06-16-2013, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Omg I have watched it several times.  I do that too, if I am feeling down I will put it on.  Have you heard Abraham?  I listen every single day, it really keeps me on track!

#7 of 17 Old 06-16-2013, 06:02 PM

I love the law of attraction. I also really love Louise Hay. if you haven't heard of her, you should check her out.
#8 of 17 Old 06-19-2013, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedscst View Post

I love the law of attraction. I also really love Louise Hay. if you haven't heard of her, you should check her out.

Thanks.  I listened to her a bit yesterday as per your recommendation and as always with the LOA it was great timing.  She talks a lot about loving yourself with is something that I've been looking into.  I really don't know how and I'm finding her to be really helpful.  I never realized how important that is.  I've always been worried about everyone else, and then also in the churches I went to I was taught that loving yourself is wrong (not saying all churches teach this btw).

#9 of 17 Old 08-08-2013, 01:15 PM

I'm into the LOA and I love the Secret :)

jog.gifkid.gif

#10 of 17 Old 08-29-2013, 08:00 PM

I loved loved loved The Secret and The Power. I very much fell away from it, but now that I'm starting over, I need to get back into it and manifest some awesomeness in my life. :)

treehugger.gif Mom to jammin.gifDS7 and Peace.gifDD4.  Full time Social Work studentgeek.gif.
#11 of 17 Old 08-29-2013, 09:16 PM

Several years ago there were HUGE threads on here about the LOA...they were great.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#12 of 17 Old 08-29-2013, 10:35 PM

What is The Power??? I haven't heard of it!

joy.gif

#13 of 17 Old 08-30-2013, 05:07 AM

A sequel to the Secret.

treehugger.gif Mom to jammin.gifDS7 and Peace.gifDD4.  Full time Social Work studentgeek.gif.
#14 of 17 Old 08-30-2013, 06:37 AM

Ooooooh is it on Netflix yet? I wanna see it! Or is it a book?

joy.gif

#15 of 17 Old 08-30-2013, 07:40 AM

Oh, it's a book. I've never never seen the secret movie.

#16 of 17 Old 08-30-2013, 08:22 AM

Oh, I LOVE The Secret movie. It's on instant Netflix so whenever I'm feeling down I watch it. I can't tell you how many times I watched in during my first trimester. I was so full of fear and really needed help changing my thinking.

joy.gif

#17 of 17 Old 09-02-2013, 02:26 PM

Something that I'm really struggling with is that for 20+ years I have had this habit of replaying stressful events over and over in my mind. Also, thinking through EVERY possible consequence to every decision I could make.

I really need to learn to let go. But, if I have five minutes to myself to think, it all comes back.

How can I just let it go?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page