Spiritual curriculum for grown-ups - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-26-2013, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I'm looking for some sort of curriculum, book, program that I can follow at my own pace.  I am feeling sort of lost spiritually after having babies.  Now that they are a little older, I have some time to focus on things that are important to me and I miss spirituality.  I am looking for something along the lines of Conversations with God (only it looked so expensive) or Ekhart Tolle books. I like Buddhism, but I don't consider myself a Buddhist.  My religion is basically trying to live in alignment with the universe but lately all of my efforts feel so against the grain and I really need some spiritual guidance and support.  Any suggestions?

#2 of 6 Old 07-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

Bumping for input. Anyone have a recommendation to share?

#3 of 6 Old 08-16-2013, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is the best thing I've ever seen curriculum-wise.  It has a lot of great meditation exercises.  Completely a work at your own pace deal.

http://www.philosophy.org/store/products/the-complete-home-study-course/

The Complete Home Study Course

Walter and Lao Russell

The Complete Home Study Course, printed in 3 ring binder

The University of Science and Philosophy is an open university for integral learning and transformational study in Universal Law, Natural Science, and Living Philosophy.

Originally written by the University founders, Walter and Lao Russell, A Course in Cosmic Consciousness is designed for those desiring to increase their inner-sensory perception, unfold their own unique genius, and develop a living philosophy based on ever-expanding, life-transforming knowledge of their cosmic unity and unique destiny as an individual creative expression of Being in an eternally-creating universe.

A Course in Cosmic Consciousness provides the student with a powerful meditative-study learning experience dedicated to self-transformation, spiritual awakening, and expanded consciousness, leading to the possible achievement of Cosmic Consciousness.

A Course in Cosmic Consciousness presents universal law, natural science, and living philosophy as an integral unified whole, the knowledge and understanding application of the principles of which lead to personal empowerment in the co-creation of one’s own life and destiny.

Through your study of A Course in Cosmic Consciousness, you will start living more creatively and masterfully than ever before, centered in the Cosmic Source of Knowledge, Power, and Love. Thus, you will emerge as a harbinger of the Cosmic Age now dawning and become a leader in the spiritual transformation of humanity on earth.

The updated Fourth Edition of A Course in Cosmic Consciousness is now available. Emendated by Yasuhiko Genku Kimura and Laara Lindo, the Fourth Edition contains the additional Unit 12 with a comprehensive review of the previous units, an integral presentation of the Russellian science in light of the latest development in the Neo-Russellian research, and a further instruction on living a Cosmic Conscious life.

A Course in Cosmic Consciousness is offered as a Home Study Course for your personal meditative study.

12 Units, 520 Pages

#4 of 6 Old 08-20-2013, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Thank you so much!

KistheMum likes this.
#5 of 6 Old 08-20-2013, 12:22 PM

I have found studying old Rosicrucian records is very beneficial for my spirituality.  AMORC sends out monthly readings if you are a member.  They are old records of the life of Christ as well as many meditations and spiritual teachings.  They have a great child culture course for pregnancy and beyond.  I am a Catholic but love some of the Buddhist ideals and this is a great middle ground for me.  They pull old teachings from all religions and bring everything together.

KistheMum likes this.

V + E=baby G in 2012.  Rural Midwestern homesteaders going back to their roots.

“A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.” -Paulo Coelho 

#6 of 6 Old 08-20-2013, 12:22 PM

http://www.amorc.org/

This is the link

V + E=baby G in 2012.  Rural Midwestern homesteaders going back to their roots.

“A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.” -Paulo Coelho 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page