Christian moms Jan '14 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 177 Old 01-28-2014, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

We are covered in snow!! I have not seen this much snow in a long time.:cold AND THE COLD...I feel sorry for the superbowl people.LOL

#152 of 177 Old 01-28-2014, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Hey! 3LilChunklins- Did you bible study start? Looking at the "Jewishness" of Messiah?

#153 of 177 Old 01-28-2014, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Were starting this Friday, actually. smile.gif

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#154 of 177 Old 01-28-2014, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're back home now. The surgery was 90 minutes and he had to go under general anesthesia. He's doing ok, just tired and sick. Now begins the recovery process.
#155 of 177 Old 01-28-2014, 01:58 PM

Praying for a speedy recovery! Glad he's ok!

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

#156 of 177 Old 01-28-2014, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyloveBC View Post

We're back home now. The surgery was 90 minutes and he had to go under general anesthesia. He's doing ok, just tired and sick. Now begins the recovery process.

:1praying keeping you guys in prayer!

#157 of 177 Old 01-28-2014, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

OK! Ladies, I going to try to have a party for my b-day. So ideas? Flavors? theme? things like that???

#158 of 177 Old 01-28-2014, 04:23 PM

Wanted to say thank you for the prayers. I won't respond too much right now, because I am finally taking a break during DS's nap, and also, I am trying to "not" think about it right now, all the details and "whys." :)

I will probably just keep what we have for now. In a weird way, the insane firmness works out with my little one who is just learning to sit independently. Eventually we may need something that can accomodate reclining and snuggling a little better. Thanks again. 

#159 of 177 Old 01-28-2014, 04:57 PM

I think I can speak for the 3 of us regulars when I say, its our pleasure.

Ah Naz! when's your Birthday?!? I'll think about it and see if I can come up with any ideas...

#160 of 177 Old 01-29-2014, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Birthday is Feb 26th. 40th :nut So I going to have a party

#161 of 177 Old 01-29-2014, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post

Wanted to say thank you for the prayers. I won't respond too much right now, because I am finally taking a break during DS's nap, and also, I am trying to "not" think about it right now, all the details and "whys." :)

I will probably just keep what we have for now. In a weird way, the insane firmness works out with my little one who is just learning to sit independently. Eventually we may need something that can accomodate reclining and snuggling a little better. Thanks again. 

Any time you need prayer we are here. May the Lord bless you greatly.

#162 of 177 Old 01-29-2014, 09:22 AM

Your birthday is 2 days after my LO4!
IDK what ideas to give u on a party, I've only planned kid parties lately, especially since the Lord changed our lives so much. The last b-day party I planned for myself was 3 years ago, I got a black cat tattooed on my back, came home and had a huge drinking party with a bunch of "friends" (Its funny how as soon as the Lord started to work in our lives all those ppl didn't want anything to do with us anymore ha)
Maybe somethings to consider - what are your favorite colors, maybe u can get decorations in those colors, obviously you should get your favorite cake... IDK I'm lame lol

#163 of 177 Old 01-29-2014, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

No NO not lame. I'm the lame one. hide.gif I just know I want to have a party.

#164 of 177 Old 01-29-2014, 09:58 AM

I wish I could just show up at your house and throw a surprise party LOL

I feel the Holy Spirit leading me into new territory as far as homeschooling goes. My kids are a little ahead in their curriculum as of now, and I think were going to take a break from formal school work for now. I want to focus on teach them to pray and recognize the voice if the Holy Spirit.
So I probably won't be on as often as usual.

#165 of 177 Old 01-29-2014, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Everyone is welcome @ my party. I mean it. Come.

Chunklin- I have one request. Please let us know how the Bible study goes.

#166 of 177 Old 01-29-2014, 10:37 AM

I will definitely letcha know. We were meeting every Friday, but now we changed the whole set up. We will have ladies meeting this Friday, men will meet next Friday, then family meeting the following Friday, then a fun Friday where we go bowling or something. Then repeat the next month...

I definitely wont be able to make it Naz. But next time I visit my family in NJ maybe we could get together. That would be really awesome. smile.gif

#167 of 177 Old 01-29-2014, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LilChunklins View Post

I definitely wont be able to make it Naz. But next time I visit my family in NJ maybe we could get together. That would be really awesome. smile.gif

:thumb:joy

#168 of 177 Old 01-31-2014, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Friday:heartbeat

Bear one another's burdens Galatians 6:2

#169 of 177 Old 01-31-2014, 07:24 AM

Awesome reminder!
I guess we're not going to get into the Jewish study yet... As a whole we are going to study what it truly means to bear your cross. Its been taught for far too long that bearing your cross is dealing with life's circumstances and our own problems. But think about it, when Jesus carried His cross, it was not His. He was bearing our cross for us, He bore our burdens. So in essence, bearing your cross is to bear one another's burdens. We are going to get deeper than just that though.
I like it that you chose to post that verse

#170 of 177 Old 01-31-2014, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

hang.gif is it ever done???

Yes,we are to come together and share our burdens. We are to be friends to one another. We are to do things in love. LOVE is a fruit & the law. LOVE is so hard. Why is it so hard?

#171 of 177 Old 01-31-2014, 02:45 PM

I totally hear ya on the laundry! I never can seem to get caught up!

Love is so hard IMO because it is not our nature. Plain and simple humans are selfish creatures. It really takes the Lord renewing your mind, dying to your flesh, denying yourself, and truly walking as a new creation to *really* love. Jesus said the greatest way to show love is to lay down your life for your friends. So when you really get thinking, to love like were called to do requires complete forfeit of our rights, our will, our desires, our life! It gets really deep! The word is truly living, I don't know of any other book you can read over and over that only gets more relevant. There's always another layer of truth waiting to be revealed!
Nazsmum likes this.

#172 of 177 Old 01-31-2014, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quick update: things are ok here. God helped us to get additional help for DH today. His pain seemed to be getting worse but he wasn't recognizing that. When we went to his check up (not with the surgeon), the Dr got worried about the pain and got us an emergency appointment with the surgeon. They re-wrapped it and checked the incision. Lo and behold, it was a beginning infection. They gave us a stronger antibiotic and will see us again next week.

DH thought we were being dramatic about the pain but God knew better. Things would have gotten much worse if he had waited till the appt. Tuesday.

Gotta go! :-)
#173 of 177 Old 01-31-2014, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Skinny- Keeping you in my prayers.

#174 of 177 Old 01-31-2014, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LilChunklins View Post

I totally hear ya on the laundry! I never can seem to get caught up!

Love is so hard IMO because it is not our nature. Plain and simple humans are selfish creatures. It really takes the Lord renewing your mind, dying to your flesh, denying yourself, and truly walking as a new creation to *really* love. Jesus said the greatest way to show love is to lay down your life for your friends. So when you really get thinking, to love like were called to do requires complete forfeit of our rights, our will, our desires, our life! It gets really deep! The word is truly living, I don't know of any other book you can read over and over that only gets more relevant. There's always another layer of truth waiting to be revealed!

Yes, people are selfish

#175 of 177 Old 01-31-2014, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyloveBC View Post

3LilChunklins, that's a neat concept! It reminds me a bit of Shane Claiborne. Are you familiar with him? I really enjoy his books.

Someone brought him up today. I know that someone had told me about him....it was you skinny;) LOL I know that you are busy. But would love to know if their is a good book??

#176 of 177 Old 01-31-2014, 07:05 PM

Skinny, I missed that post, I wouldn't have even seen it if Naz didn't quote you! No, I've never heard of him... Glad your DH is on the mend!

#177 of 177 Old 02-01-2014, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

OK come over to FEB:throb

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page